Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

When Heather and Adam decided not to carry a pot of water with them on their long trek, anyone with a grain of sense knew that was NOT a good decision.

And we were right.

• Like 6
On 6/3/2024 at 10:49 AM, AZChristian said:

When Heather and Adam decided not to carry a pot of water with them on their long trek, anyone with a grain of sense knew that was NOT a good decision.

And we were right.

I don't understand why they don't carry water more often.  Even if you carried it halfway to where you were going, it would be there on the walk back.  Or carry some coals so you can make a fire to boil water where you end up.  Stupid.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, madmax said:

if you carried it halfway to where you were going, it would be there on the walk back

I really like this idea

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Don't these people know how to weave things?

Make a hat to keep that sun from beating down on your head.

If I were dumb enough to do something like this - I do my camping in hotels - I would also learn how to make shoes and fire (I would prefer a BiC lighter😎).

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

And if you carried the water and drank it on the way, you'd not be as dehydrated on the way back.

They were already dehydrated when they got to their destination, but then had no pot to boil water in for the trip back.

These are survivalists????

• Like 4

Okay, so let me try to understand this.

It is so miserable there and the mosquitoes are so horrible that sleeping is nearly impossible.

In spite of that, Adam manages to get down off of their rickety sleeping platform, disappear down to the water, and catch a decent-sized eel.  He then preps and cooks it over the fire on their platform.  Heather is so deeply asleep that she doesn't smell it cooking, and Adam eats the whole thing.

I'm beginning to think this show isn't real.

LOL.

• LOL 3
On 6/10/2024 at 1:53 PM, AZChristian said:

In spite of that, Adam manages to get down off of their rickety sleeping platform, disappear down to the water, and catch a decent-sized eel.  He then preps and cooks it over the fire on their platform.  Heather is so deeply asleep that she doesn't smell it cooking, and Adam eats the whole thing.

Not just an eel, but a fish the night before.

If I was Heather, I'd be A) super pissed off, which she is, apparently, until the next episode and 2) wondering if the parasites they ate made her nose-blind and deaf.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

What Adam did was NOT right and he did it not once, but twice.  I'm so surprised Heather didn't blow up more every time he asked if she was okay while they were making their trek.. no I'm not okay because I haven't eaten protein in the last two days like you have... selfish as$hole!! 

The dynamic of the new tribe will be interesting.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2024 at 11:31 AM, eclectcmoi said:

What Adam did was NOT right and he did it not once, but twice. 

I didn't expect that of him at all.  And Heather only knows about the eel, right?  Not the fish he caught the day before.  

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, madmax said:

I didn't expect that of him at all.  And Heather only knows about the eel, right?  Not the fish he caught the day before.  

Seems that way.  He could have wrapped some of that meat up in a leaf or something for when she woke up.  It would be only be a few hours at most.

Such a sleazy move to leave her nothing.

A fantasy:  she gouges his eyeballs out and eats them.  Laughing

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

New season on Naked & Afraid: Last One Standing, premieres on Sunday, July 14th at 8/7c

https://people.com/naked-and-afraid-last-one-standing-teaser-video-meet-the-cast-exclusive-8663588

A few survivalist from season 1 will be returning, including Gary, Dan, and Mr "THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR" I know most of you will be thrilled about that ( Obviously being sarcastic there lol) 

Cast:  Russell Sage, Lacey Stark-Jones, Fernando Calderon, Kate Tooth Wentworth, Trish Bulinsky, Bulent Gurcan, Ky Furneaux, Dan Link, Jeff Zausch, Gary Golding, Darrin Reay, Patrick French, Lindsey Leitelt & Dani Beau. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Aaron4102 said:

New season on Naked & Afraid: Last One Standing, premieres on Sunday, July 14th at 8/7c

https://people.com/naked-and-afraid-last-one-standing-teaser-video-meet-the-cast-exclusive-8663588

A few survivalist from season 1 will be returning, including Gary, Dan, and Mr "THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR" I know most of you will be thrilled about that ( Obviously being sarcastic there lol) 

Cast:  Russell Sage, Lacey Stark-Jones, Fernando Calderon, Kate Tooth Wentworth, Trish Bulinsky, Bulent Gurcan, Ky Furneaux, Dan Link, Jeff Zausch, Gary Golding, Darrin Reay, Patrick French, Lindsey Leitelt & Dani Beau. 

Not sure if I'll watch, because I really didn't like the last one.  But if I did watch, I'd root for Fernando because I just love saying his name like his first partner said it. 😁

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I won’t be watching because I grew tired of it during the first go around.  I skipped the last couple of episodes since I really didn’t care anymore and I couldn’t stand watching Mr “This is What I Live For” anymore.  He reminds me of Boston Rob from Survivor a while back.  IIRC he was on multiple times then he won the million - maybe if Jeff wins this time he’ll go away? Maybe??

Anyway, looking at the cast list I see Kate will be there - I’m predicting there will be a meltdown from her at some point like the other times and she won’t get along with people.  

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Anyway, looking at the cast list I see Kate will be there - I’m predicting there will be a meltdown from her at some point like the other times and she won’t get along with people.  

Along with Bulent.  So real live "Suck it, Kate." 😆

• LOL 1