Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Nicholas T. Moore (no. 110)

• Start Topic

An unidentified young girl reappears; the team tries to find her connection to the secret that Red is hiding; when her family steps in to protect its own secrets, the investigation turns into a race to see the little girl's life.

• Love 1

What the hell was that ?  Other than yet another new low for this series.

So, Ian Garvey is actually dead.  Whatever.

And the extra-large freezer edition Ziploc bag of bones (or whatever it is currently being carried in) is somewhere, possibly Costa Rica.

And while that truck had no trailer, it basically stopped on a dime -- even trucks that bobtail take longer than that to stop (unless they were moving much slower at the time).

Apparently the newspaper that Red was reading was from the future -- May 2, 2019 to be specific -- as can plainly be seen when he puts his foot on it.  But apparently Lizzie didn't pick up on the fact that it was a newspaper from the future -- because Lizzie is just that stupid.  And maybe Red was just relaxing, because he didn't really look like he tried to "hide" the newspaper.  FFS !

Lizzie seems underwhelmed that Garvey is dead.  She was hellbent on revenge and killed a guy to try and find Garvey, but now that Garvey is dead Lizzie is pretty meh on the whole thing.  Really ?

Lizzie: "It's ok, I'm a friend."  
And this kid bought it, I guess because Lizzie is a mom and "knows" what kids want or need or something.   

The security at that hospital was terrible -- Lizzie put up a mild defense to keep the girl there, but Lizzie relinquished the girl to this pushy orderly only for it to be an impostor.  That is some shitty writing there --  and the writers should be embarrassed by it.

Has Samar EVER taken any field training ?  Because she gets taken down so easily.  Like Lizzie getting love-tapped and falling off a chair into a 10 month coma easy.
And Amar loses his shit trying to find Navabi -- because she's his One True Love or Schmoopi or Lobster or whatever.

And the Blacklister o' the Week is running his own version of the M. Night Shyamalan's 'The Village' -- I know it's New Hampshire, but a plane or helicopter has never flown overhead in 30-40 years to dispel the notion that the rest of the world is dead.  Really ?

In fact the name on the side of the getaway van was -- Village Dry Cleaners.

How did Moore explain his long absences while venturing into the outside world to members of the enclave ?  Long walks ?? Because he obviously had access to a phone in order to arrange a kidnapping.  Magic ? Witches ?  Magic witches ?  Magic Witches with Bees in their mouths, that shoot bees at people ? (to borrow an idea from a Simpsons episode).

The worst part was the fact that little girl and the Blacklister o' the Week were a diversion by Reddington and had nothing to do with nothing, let alone the season long arc of mystery of the bones.

Still no sign of the dogs.

• Love 6

Weather interrupted this episode toward the end of it, and I didn't really care. I know, go figure. So I don't know how it ended, but it doesn't really matter. I did see the totally stupid fake orderly steal Jane Doe (hello, Blindspot). I'm no star FBI profiler but even I knew he was a kidnapper. And with all of Aram's mad skills hacking street cameras, that Village Dry Cleaners van just vanished. No one bothered to call the police with the street and direction it was going? Or were all the police in Lard Lad Doughnuts (Simpsons!) and no one was on patrol to follow the van?

Aram gets all verklempt and practically loses it because Navabi got kidnapped too. Maybe that's why he forgot how to access all those street cams that every IT guy on every other show in the world can hack into.

49 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Lizzie seems underwhelmed that Garvey is dead.  She was hellbent on revenge and killed a guy to try and find Garvey, but now that Garvey is dead Lizzie is pretty meh on the whole thing.  Really ?

So I guess the find-Tom's-killer storyline is done now. *yawn*

Thanks, tornadoes, for taking a twirl through the Midwest so I didn't have to watch this entire episode. Instead I got to see Ghost Whisperer reruns, which actually were pretty good. Hey writers, that would be a good storyline here: Ghost Tom comes back but can only be seen by ... dogs?

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, saber5055 said:
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So I guess the find-Tom's-killer storyline is done now. *yawn*

Thanks, tornadoes, for taking a twirl through the Midwest so I didn't have to watch this entire episode. Instead I got to see Ghost Whisperer reruns, which actually were pretty good. Hey writers, that would be a good storyline here: Ghost Tom comes back but can only be seen by ... dogs?

Unfortunately, we'll have to hear her use Tom's name again as an excuse to go searching for the bag.  It was such a touching moment remembering all the love Liz had for Tom when Reddington congratulated her on Garvey.  I found it even more touching when she visited Tom's grave, much like she did a few months ago before she left for Alaska to tell him she had caught the man that destroyed their family.  It was quickly followed by a brief stop to see Agnes the beloved child they both shared together. 

I'm sorry I must have gotten this show mixed up with any other normal television show logic.  I mean for a man she loved so much when Red congratulated her I expected her to shrug her shoulders and then go into some conversation that centered on her and her needs.  I mean I would think after hobbling to Tom's grave, cane and all, lying beside it crying about how she was having a hard time without him we'd have gotten a 30 second brief moment of emotion.  Not only does she seem to be doing well without Tom and the kid, she actually looks prettier and her hair has never looked better.

• Love 4
(edited)

This episode was brought to you by the fine folks at the American Institute of Psychotherapy.  Because there's going to be a lot of it for everyone.

Poor Red, spinning in his mind.  "Weekend in Costa Rica, or looking for snotty FBI agent in a snowstorm?"  Tell you what, Red, I'll go down there for you.

Did Moore actually commit some heinous crime somewhere in the past to get himself a Blacklist number, albeit a second stringer 110?  Seems to me all he did was to herd a bunch of chuckleheads up into the wilderness and write a cheesy paperback novel.

You can tell that Ressler and Keen have a lot of concern for Aram.  They didn't even try and stop him from walking up to the front door.  Then again, he could have had a lot of fun with the residents.  "No, really, the Dodgers are in Los Angeles now, and the Giants are in San Francisco. The Red Sox and the Cubs have both won the World Series. There's a tv show about Russian spies masquerading as Americans, and another about an incompetent FBI crew, and still another about bloodthirsty zombies.  There are women on the Supreme Court, and we had an actor for our President.  In fact, we still do".  And on and on.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 3

Am I the only one who doesn't care what happened to Liz's dogs and has no problem that they aren't mentioned?

I wouldn't be surprised if Samar didn't make it out of this one.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Neiman said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care what happened to Liz's dogs and has no problem that they aren't mentioned?

Amen to that. Who cares about the dogs? The dogs have nothing to do with the story line. Good grief!

I expect that the writers put Samar in danger in order for the relationship to finally move forward with marriage. The end scene with Aram at home getting out the ring seems to confirm that. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 5

I was concerned for Maybelle in that inglenook, but remembered it's a show on NBC. 

41 minutes ago, VinceW said:

I expect that the writers put Samar in danger in order for the relationship to finally move forward with marriage. The end scene with Aram at home getting out the ring seems to confirm that. IMO.

I thought the exact same thing. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I like how  Ressler and the other agent just let Aram walk to the house. They are allowed to tackle his disobedient ass to the ground.

I don't remember all the details from previous seasons but I thought Red would have kept tabs on his wife and daughter when he left in the 90s. Was this ever explained?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kinda boring episode. I liked last week better.  I didn’t really care about the main Blacklister plot and Red and his other daughter had no emotional weight.  Honestly I was more annoyed at the hand waving of Garvey’s sudden death.

10 hours ago, Neiman said:

Liz has a dog?   I barely care she has a kid.

This show always works best as the  Liz And Red show where they are either working as a team or against each other.  When they are playing their own side stories I tend to drift off.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Did Moore actually commit some heinous crime somewhere in the past to get himself a Blacklist number, albeit a second stringer 110?  Seems to me all he did was to herd a bunch of chuckleheads up into the wilderness and write a cheesy paperback novel.

This and

3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Kinda boring episode. I liked last week better.  I didn’t really care about the main Blacklister plot and Red and his other daughter had no emotional weight.  Honestly I was more annoyed at the hand waving of Garvey’s sudden death.

This - so much

The Blacklister was another pretend Blacklister.  And I cannot believe they spent absolutely no time whatsoever on the hugely important death of Garvey.  Like none.  I sort of expected Red to at least bring up his name and what he did with Red's daughter for all of those years (I assume Garvey was the US Marshall who got Naomi and Jenny into witness protection).  Like no mention of him whatsoever during their entire interaction at the restaurant and graveyard.  So many missed opportunities....

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Liz has a dog?   I barely care she has a kid.

Agnes is only used so Lizzie can say "I'm a mom" and therefore can fully relate to whomever she is speaking. *sarcasm* The problem is, Lizzie had a kid, yes, but she is a mother in the biological sense only. Not by a long shot is she a "mom."

10 hours ago, VinceW said:

Who cares about the dogs? The dogs have nothing to do with the story line. Good grief!

The dogs are a running joke similar to Kit Carson on the Jeopardy thread. However, like with much humor, YMMV. Below the surface is the real question. Not "where are the dogs" but "why are the writers treating viewers like we're brainless morons." They toss something in (like a dog on two different occasions) and then they're gone, like it never happened. This show is so disjointed and all over the place with storylines, it's worse than Lost in that way. "Hey, we got renewed, we gotta think up (translation: MAKE UP) some hook for this season."

And about the Blacklister of the week:

1 hour ago, TheGreenWave said:

The Blacklister was another pretend Blacklister.

Said it better than I could.

Then they spend how many weeks on chasing Garvey and developing his story and then what, last week I'm thinking he'll live as we see him being wheeled into emergency. Then this week, after ALL THOSE WEEKS, we get one sentence that he's dead. WTH show.

1 hour ago, TheGreenWave said:

So many missed opportunities....

Agree wholeheartedly. Which brings me back to the crappy writers for this show. The missing-dogs posts here are just another way of saying, "WTH writers, we aren't stupid."

Because of weather reports, I missed the end of this episode so don't know what was up with Aram going to some door or what that was about. But I'm glad I missed him being all smoopie about the ring. Aram proposing to Navabi (and her even considering saying yes) makes me want to voluntarily flip TO the Weather Channel. At least there they don't think I'm stupid.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
(edited)
52 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

......The dogs are a running joke similar to Kit Carson on the Jeopardy thread. However, like with much humor, . Below the surface is the real question. Not "where are the dogs" but "why are the writers treating viewers like we're brainless morons." They toss something in (like a dog on two different occasions) and then they're gone, like it never happened. This show is so disjointed and all over the place with storylines, it's worse than Lost in that way. "Hey, we got renewed, we gotta think up (translation: MAKE UP) some hook for this season."

Too much information and over analysis on writer motives. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Because of weather reports, I missed the end of this episode so don't know what was up with Aram going to some door or what that was about. But I'm glad I missed him being all smoopie about the ring. Aram proposing to Navabi (and her even considering saying yes) makes me want to voluntarily flip TO the Weather Channel. At least there they don't think I'm stupid.

I've mentioned this before: I really hate their storyline.  Maybe it is because Aram does comes off as ridiculously smoopie - and it is executed as the opposite of a mature relationship (see: Aram going to coworkers to ask them about the ring).  I get that romantic relationships make sense to the overall storyline (obviously Tom and Liz were central and even Ressler and Navabi hooking up was ok), but this one just does not.  It feels contrived.  I just cannot wait for next week when it is All About Them.

• Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Feel free to YMMV and to not read my posts. I'm good with both.

Point taken.  I felt compelled to support @Nieman as the show moves to the end of the season.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

Agree that this was a waste of an epi (and that's saying something for this show).

Garvey being dead doesn't surprise me but Liz's what the heck attitude I did find annoying but I generally find her that way.  She's now determined to get the bag so we'll see how well that goes.

The bags might be in Costa Rica?  Okay, good luck with that.

Reddington and his daughter's heart-to-heart was meh but hey, at least he promised to leave her alone afterwards.  And yes, some plan he made for keeping those two safe.  That worked out so well.

Samar getting taken out by the kidnapper was annoying as well.  The woman was former Mossad.  You'd think she could handle one guy.

Aram and all his hand wringing about Samar was over the top and yes, he couldn't have found that van on camera's by hacking into different systems?  He's done it before and then running off to possibly get shot by a bunch nutjobs while everyone else just looked on and let him go?  But it's not the first time the supposed good guys have stood around and not done something.  I do hope that Samar survives but if not, at least Aram can stop with his puppie dog moping.  And dear whatever ultimate power, do not let those two get married.  Gah!

I guess Reddington can waste some time helping get Samar while his lackey tries to see where the bag might have gone in Costa Rica...

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

"No, really, the Dodgers are in Los Angeles now, and the Giants are in San Francisco. The Red Sox and the Cubs have both won the World Series...

Marty McFly: Ronald Reagan is President

Doc Brown: Who is the Vice-President?? Jerry Lewis????

Is L. Ron Hubbard  Moore on the Blacklist for killing his own cult members?? Did he buy the burning chamber from Red? Another person burned alive this season...Only Game Of Thrones can beat that.... 

Edited by paigow
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I know it's New Hampshire, but a plane or helicopter has never flown overhead in 30-40 years to dispel the notion that the rest of the world is dead.  Really ?

It's not dead, it's infectedI!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, VinceW said:

Amen to that. Who cares about the dogs? The dogs have nothing to do with the story line. Good grief!

That's probably what's happening, but I have to wonder how they proceed if Samar and Aram got married.  He's shown how spontaneous (irrational?) he can be when her life is on the line, so it might be that one would need to be transferred.  I actually never expected her to last this long.  I like the actress and think she does a good job, but initially I wondered if her position on the task force was expendable since she came in to replace the agent at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2, like they may have a different person in that role each season.  

(edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 4:17 AM, mxc90 said:

I like how  Ressler and the other agent just let Aram walk to the house. They are allowed to tackle his disobedient ass to the ground.

I don't remember all the details from previous seasons but I thought Red would have kept tabs on his wife and daughter when he left in the 90s. Was this ever explained?

This is a love child from an an affair I think. I don't think the child's mom is dead. Don't forget Garvey was a US Marshall, the people in charge of witness protection .

Edited by misstwpherecool
(edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, Neiman said:

That's probably what's happening, but I have to wonder how they proceed if Samar and Aram got married.  He's shown how spontaneous (irrational?) he can be when her life is on the line, so it might be that one would need to be transferred.  I actually never expected her to last this long.  I like the actress and think she does a good job, but initially I wondered if her position on the task force was expendable since she came in to replace the agent at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2, like they may have a different person in that role each season.  

At this point, the Samar abduction seems to be a plot device used by the writers to force Aram to finally openly express his real feelings for Samar. It seems that both of them avoid communicating their real feelings towards each other out of fear of being rejected especially Aram. Last season, there was an ongoing confrontation between them almost weekly because of the same lack of communication which led to hurt feelings until the issue was resolved between them at the end of the season.  The Aram request of Cooper to get field training provided a chance for them to work together on cases outside of the office this season, but nothing happened except viewers saw an increased closeness at work. At this point, I would expect at least an Aram proposal and a formal engagement moving forward to next season.  It makes little sense for Samar to get killed at this point in their relationship unless the actress wants to leave the show. The Samar/Aram relationship subplot is a welcome distraction from the ongoing Red/Liz conflict over the bones-in-suitcase saga. If Aram keeps his tech only duties and Samar remains as field agent, the marriage story line could work, but it depends on the skill level of the writers.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/4/2018 at 11:34 AM, misstwpherecool said:

This is a love child from an an affair I think. I don't think the child's mom is dead. Don't forget Garvey was a US Marshall, the people in charge of witness protection .

At the grave they referenced the episodes involving Naomi Hyland (played by Mary-Louis Parker) who was the wife of Raymond Reddington.  Whether it's this version of Reddington, I can't say, nor can I say if Naomi is really in that grave, but Jennifer is meant to be the daughter of their marriage.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
On 5/4/2018 at 2:28 PM, VinceW said:

At this point, the Samar abduction seems to be a plot device used by the writers to force Aram to finally openly express his real feelings for Samar. It seems that both of them avoid communicating their real feelings towards each other out of fear of being rejected especially Aram. Last season, there was an ongoing confrontation between them almost weekly because of the same lack of communication which led to hurt feelings until the issue was resolved between them at the end of the season.  The Aram request of Cooper to get field training provided a chance for them to work together on cases outside of the office this season, but nothing happened except viewers saw an increased closeness at work. At this point, I would expect at least an Aram proposal and a formal engagement moving forward to next season.  It makes little sense for Samar to get killed at this point in their relationship unless the actress wants to leave the show. The Samar/Aram relationship subplot is a welcome distraction from the ongoing Red/Liz conflict over the bones-in-suitcase saga. If Aram keeps his tech only duties and Samar remains as field agent, the marriage story line could work, but it depends on the skill level of the writers.

Well-said.

I've no issues with their relationship, in fact I think they are kind of adorable. Their terrible communication is irksome, but hopefully they will get past that and soon. I also don't think that Aram was acting too over the top about Samar's abduction.

(edited)
On 5/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, VinceW said:

IMO, that's an over analysis on writer motives. Good luck with your "it depends on the skill level of the writers" thing. I think it'd be fun if the writers forgot about Samar. You know, like they did with the dogs.

Edited by saber5055

A general warning: People here are free to express their opinions, and they must  be respectful of other people's opinions.

If people cannot, then there will be consequences.  Be nice.

I guess I view the dogs as a little detail that the writers do not need to fill me in about.  Like I know Harold Cooper separated from his wife, but she hasn't been mentioned lately.  Where is she, what is she doing?  Don't know, don't need to know, and don't mind that the writers haven't mentioned her.  Same with the dogs.  I am comfortable thinking that Liz probably had someone to look after them or gave them to someone who had time for them.  No need to fill in every little detail, and the dogs are one thing that I am perfectly fine with the writers choosing not to focus on.  I don't think the writers are trying to slight us or make assumptions about us by omitting the dogs, either.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Neiman said:

I guess I view the dogs as a little detail that the writers do not need to fill me in about.  Like I know Harold Cooper separated from his wife, but she hasn't been mentioned lately.  Where is she, what is she doing?  Don't know, don't need to know, and don't mind that the writers haven't mentioned her.  Same with the dogs.  I am comfortable thinking that Liz probably had someone to look after them or gave them to someone who had time for them.  No need to fill in every little detail, and the dogs are one thing that I am perfectly fine with the writers choosing not to focus on.  I don't think the writers are trying to slight us or make assumptions about us by omitting the dogs, either.

Great post; You get it!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/26/2018 at 2:39 AM, MostlyC said:

An unidentified young girl reappears; the team tries to find her connection to the secret that Red is hiding; when her family steps in to protect its own secrets, the investigation turns into a race to see the little girl's life.Onlinesbi TutuApp aadhar card

Edited by rikutonikai