Type keyword(s) to search

Famous In Love - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think just a topless maid. They were trying to do a fake out about her being a prostitute, just to reveal the weird topless maid thing. That can't really be a thing, can it?

That topless maid thing is the dumbest thing ever. You're trying to tell me folks pay to see some chicks half ass clean with no shirt on when they can get actual strippers who will provide dancing  and some physical contact? 

• Love 1

And Cassie apparently has more than one customer! But it was the "$50 extra" that made my eyes roll off onto the floor. How little is she charging that $50 is a significant amount?

She was also pretty sullen about it. Jeez. Charge $1000, buy some lacy maid aprons and caps, and prance a bit. Be a damned actress.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

And Cassie apparently has more than one customer! But it was the "$50 extra" that made my eyes roll off onto the floor. How little is she charging that $50 is a significant amount?

She was also pretty sullen about it. Jeez. Charge $1000, buy some lacy maid aprons and caps, and prance a bit. Be a damned actress.

You could probably get $150 for a couple hours of just regular cleaning in LA.

• Love 4

After 4 episodes, FIA is holding my attention more than Riverdale, which I just dropped out of boredom. First few of Riverdale, way upriver from Manhattan, were fun but everyone is a diva or a lowlife.  (Archie wears way more makeup than most of the girls and Jughead whines about everything. The parents rehash drama from 25 years ago and the high school kids all wish they were on Glee.)

On FIA, set in LA,  everyone is a diva and wants to be in, produce,do the music for or direct a movie. Not sure if it's better for the dynamics of a show to be based on an old comic strip or a new book, but for me FIA has more going for it in diversity, intrigue and dialogue. Interestingly, both shows involve some of the parents of the main characters, perhaps as a reference point for evolution of mores, styles, beliefs etc. 

On 4/24/2017 at 11:39 PM, paulvdb said:

Nothing we saw of Locked made me think it could ever be as big as Harry Potter, Twilight or The Hunger Games. Or why it would need such a big budget.

I don't want to give the show a lot of credit, but I felt like Locked was intentionally ridiculous - almost a parody of a famous movie. That said, it also seemed to be fairly self contained. I don't know how it was meant to be a franchise.

This show was fairly forgettable. I'm sure I wouldn't have watched it if not for the ability to binge watch (whoever made the choice to have the entire series available immediately was brilliant). One thing I did like was that I'm not sure who in the love triangle I'm supposed to root for. Usually the writing points you in one clear direction, but the show seemed to favor Jake and Rainer equally. 

On 4/21/2017 at 10:06 PM, paulvdb said:

Who leaked the sex tape? I think Alexis leaked her own sex tape.

I would be shocked if Alexis didn't leak her own tape. The entire thing screamed a set-up. 

I may binge watch season 2 when it's out - 10 episodes is a short binge - but I won't be surprised if it doesn't continue.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2017 at 9:47 AM, wayne67 said:

Am I supposed to like the main character ? That stunt answering her friend's phone soured me on her completely. 

I was wondering the same thing.

She seems ridiculously naive and pretty annoying. She gets cast in this huge part than complains about having to miss class? Why did she audition if she wasn't all in? Just take a semester off school. Or arrange to only take one class to keep her dad happy and do it online or something. It doesn't seem like she wants to be an actress at all, so I just don't get her at all.

Also, how did she have a deal close without either having an agent or knowing how much she was getting paid? Someone had to sign the contract and she seems smart enough to know how to read one.

(edited)

How does an econ major not know her salary? She should know about cuts, percentages, taxes, she should be able handle her own finances/deals. Shouldn't need the friends to broker it.

And what did the guys have in that cooler at the end fruit looking water in a beer bottle? lol

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

How does an econ major not know her salary? She should know about cuts, percentages, taxes, she should be able handle her own finances/deals. Shouldn't need the friends to broker it.

Maybe she's as bad at econ as she is at acting... Who knows, this show doesn't really make much sense to begin with. 

• Love 3

The book was pure fluff, which can be entertaining. I read it awhile back. I do not remember too much about it anymore, detail-wise. I think besides the character's names and the basic premise of an unknown girl being picked to be the lead in a franchise movie there is not many similarities between the book and the series. I believe the love triangle was between the the main female character and the two male leads in the movie. Some of the television series characters do not exist in the book. I cannot remember much more.

It's a plot point that Paige has to work on her birthday? Have any of these people ever had a job? Or school? It's not that common to get your birthday off. Such a tiny thing to bother me, but every time they were outraged about the birthday work, I got irritated.  

• Love 1
On 4/26/2017 at 6:05 PM, KaveDweller said:

I think just a topless maid. They were trying to do a fake out about her being a prostitute, just to reveal the weird topless maid thing. That can't really be a thing, can it?

I'm pretty sure I've read about topless maids being a thing. I'm not willing to Google it, though. I remember thinking it sounded really stupid. 

(edited)
On 4/24/2017 at 2:14 PM, Racj82 said:

No studio on earth is dropping 200 million on this movie. Or any ya adaption out the gate. That's fucking marvel avenger money.

Yeah unless they meant the entire series the first film of a trilogy gets a lower amount. Even Hunger Games had a budget of $70M for the first movie but that budget doubled for the 2nd.

I like Jordan and Rainer as friends again and that Jordan didn't want to ruin his friendship by getting with Tangey.

So glad Tangey fired her mother. I hate her mother.

Jake seems really annoying, he runs off to Palm Springs with someone he doesn't know because he's all hurt over Rainer/Cassie who aren't even dating (yet). 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Jake seemed annoying this episode. He's off in Palm Springs hooking up with Alexis and then gets all moody and skips out on the party seeing Paige with Rainer? A friend who actually showed up and gave her a party for her birthday. 

Since it was all the crew at the party, why did they have Jordan and Tangy not there but off doing their own thing?

• Love 1

Cassie was just annoying with running away when Jake saw her. You do an event at a school, you don't expect to run into people  you may know?

Jordan's mother stole all the stuff? Should have left her in jail. 

Let's see, when Cassie was 9 in 2005, we had VCRs, TiVo and other DVRs, and the internet. So how is it she has never been able to watch her mother's Daytime Emmy acceptance speech?

• Love 1

So Cassie's all embarrassed and hiding last episode because of the topless maid job.  Then this week when she's given options of a  new job and even Paige helping with her fee's she's now all "it's just boobs?"  Cassie is really annoying, she also is the one who took Paige to the audition. Now she hates her for it? And Paige is the one who keeps apologizing to her?

Jordan's mother says "who are you?" when Tangey walked in and then 10 minutes later she's telling Jordan how he's with a pop star? 

LOL at Ben and Lauren, they were so stiff and  awkward they were probably already close to broken up when they filmed this. 

Rainer's tantrum over Vegas did prove Paige's point about dating him. She's working on the film, studying & going to school, dealing with loony friends and still shows up for the dance lessons that he bails over because she didn't go to Vegas?

• Love 2
(edited)

Jake is annoying. Do you know how many people would kill to sell a script and have it get made by Hollywood? So what if they are re-writing it. He still gets paid and he now has a resume. Plus if he didn't throw a temper tantrum about wanting his script back they may have read other stuff he has.

I'm kind of surprised other people are courting Paige to be in other movies before Locked releases and does well. And I thought she didn't even want other acting jobs because of school?

I have a feeling this show is going to get cancelled before we circle back to that flashforward at the start of the series.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

I guess no one else is watching this show live, but I watched the finale and have to say, what is wrong with these people? Paige runs after a car with the paparazzi right there? When it was obvious she wasn't going to catch him and could have just called him? And then Jake couldn't wait an hour until the press conference was over to proclaim his love for her?  It's basically the equivalent of interrupting a business meeting, and the whole point of that press thing was to do damage control.

Also:

Why didn't Paige ever read the script her best friend wrote or at least know a general summary? 

Why did the indie production company buy Jake's script because they "loved the story," when the story was just some cliche about college students falling in love?

If Cassie knew her two friends were so into each other, why did she not tell either of them or encourage them to express their feelings?

• Love 2
(edited)

Jake is an idiot walking into the press conference like that. I hope she turns him down.

I felt bad for Rainer finding out like that about his dad.

Paige looked amazing in that green dress.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

I just finished binging this show.  The first episode hooked me, especially when Nina and Jordan were making out in the end.  I thought oh man, this is gonna be good. But the rest of the episodes got pretty "tweenish" and it became evident this was for a pre-high school audience.

(edited)

I read the book and wow, complete change from the show. Everyone and everything is different. The whole book mostly takes place in Hawaii where they're filming the movie. It's understandable for budget for the tv show they needed to film on a set in LA. 

The triangle of Rainer/Paige/Jake is instead with Jordan.  Jake and Cassie are together instead. 

Other than the character names, I don't think there's much similarities. I thought the most interesting part was Paige's strained relationship with her siblings, she had a big family that they didn't make part of her character much on the show. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

It's been on my binge list but only just got around to it and I love it! Lighthearted and sweet but soapy. If I didn't love Bella Thorne already maybe I wouldn't be into it, but I dig her and Keith T. Powers, and am enjoying the supporting cast so far, especially Amber, who I only know from "My Stepdaughter," but I think she's a lot of fun!

Season 2 just premiered with a double episode. I feel bad for Tangey being screwed over by her mother and her friend. I guess if anyone you know is ever going to be on a reality tv show the best thing to do is say that they're dead to you and avoid all contact with them as long as they're on the show. That's probably the only way to not get dragged into any reality tv drama.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I feel bad for Tangey being screwed over by her mother and her friend.

Tangey's mother is awful!  My goodness.  And I'm hoping her friend was only taping that as a tool to blackmail Rainer's mom and will only show it to her (but then of course it will accidentally get released because blackmail TV trope).  And can Tangey get another career; she has no charisma or fashion sense to be a pop star.  Why in the hell was she wearing an oversized T-shirt to the concert?  It looked awful on her.   

I was gonna start a drinking game with how many times Paige kept whining "how are we supposed to be lovers in the movie if we aren't actually speaking?" and was so glad when Rainer finally told her in the last scene, "It's called acting, bitch", cause that's what I was yelling the entire episode.  

I'm liking Davina (Hunter? Harper? I don't remember what her character's name is) on here.  Hopefully we get more of her backstory.  

• Love 3

Show, if you want me to believe that your character should actually be up for an Oscar, may I recommend hiring someone who couldn't be replaced by a relatively charismatic two by four? The guy who plays Jordan isn't an exceptionally bad actor in the context of this show (the actress playing Alexis seems to be acting mostly through flaring her nostrils), but he is not a good actor, objectively speaking.

Also, what does it say about me that the most interesting (to me) relationship on this show is Alan/Nina? Probably that I'm too old to be watching this show. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BabyVegas said:

Also, what does it say about me that the most interesting (to me) relationship on this show is Alan/Nina? Probably that I'm too old to be watching this show. 

I'm tuning in for Nina too. I enjoyed her interaction with Paige, "read the contract - read it OUT LOUD". She's the only character calling Paige out on her lack of professionalism and immaturity and I love it. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

The guy who plays Jordan isn't an exceptionally bad actor in the context of this show (the actress playing Alexis seems to be acting mostly through flaring her nostrils), but he is not a good actor, objectively speaking.

But he's oh so pretty!  Well except for those feet....

4 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

Ding, ding, ding.  But I'm right there with ya (I'm on the other side of 35)!

• Love 1

My DVR cut off before the episode ended, even though it was set to go 5  minutes over, right as Alexis was telling Tangey about Jordan and Nina (though I was pretty sure it was being taped).  Can someone please update me on how they revealed that, and if anything happened after.  

9 hours ago, Luvzmutt said:

My DVR cut off before the episode ended, even though it was set to go 5  minutes over, right as Alexis was telling Tangey about Jordan and Nina (though I was pretty sure it was being taped).  Can someone please update me on how they revealed that, and if anything happened after.  

Sounds like you missed the second episode (both ep 1 and 2 aired the same night).  Without getting too much into episode 2, Tangey's mom placed a hidden camera in the bedroom and blindsided Alexis with it during her confessional the next day.  Mom tried to use it as a carrot to convince Alexis that this type of bombshell would secure a second season of her reality show. 

I guess no one else is still watching?

I'm wondering what Paige and Jake were thinking when filming that indie of his. Didn't they both know they'd be screwed when Locked started filming again? Did they just assume they would have time to finish? It shows very bad planning for a director.

The actress playing Cassie seems stronger than Bella Thorne. When Paige plays a scene where she's acting, I have to wait and look at the directors reaction to see if it was supposed to be a good performance or a bad one. But I could tell Cassie did a good job with that audition before they had the director say it.  But it's pretty unrealistic if they both become stars.

Tangy's mother is awful.  And Alexis is kind of awful too, but at least she came to her senses about the confessional and felt guilty about it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm wondering what Paige and Jake were thinking when filming that indie of his. Didn't they both know they'd be screwed when Locked started filming again? Did they just assume they would have time to finish? It shows very bad planning for a director.

I don't remember exactly what they said, but I thought it was mentioned in the premiere that they had planned to continue filming the indie after Locked finished filming. But then there was some film festival that wanted it and that meant that they couldn't wait that long.

The Backsplash clip was the best thing this show has ever done. It was so perfectly bad. At least this show doesn’t take itself so seriously all of the time.

Is there supposed to be anything redeemable about Alexis? I was glad Tangey was faking it when she seemed to forgive her. Although I did like when Alexis screamed at Nina that the movie’s script is terrible. She’s right about that. It does seem like an awful movie.

12 hours ago, Jeddah said:

The Backsplash clip was the best thing this show has ever done. It was so perfectly bad. At least this show doesn’t take itself so seriously all of the time.

Is there supposed to be anything redeemable about Alexis? I was glad Tangey was faking it when she seemed to forgive her. Although I did like when Alexis screamed at Nina that the movie’s script is terrible. She’s right about that. It does seem like an awful movie.

I know they have talked about Backsplash before, but I didn't realize all these actors/producers supposedly got their shot on the same show. It's pretty rare that the entire main case of a TV show ends up in the same movie.

My DVR cut off when that other guy got on the elevator with Tangy and Jordan. Did anything else happen?

I get bad vibes from Rainer's rehab girlfriend. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I know they have talked about Backsplash before, but I didn't realize all these actors/producers supposedly got their shot on the same show. It's pretty rare that the entire main case of a TV show ends up in the same movie.

My DVR cut off when that other guy got on the elevator with Tangy and Jordan. Did anything else happen?

She invited the guy up for a drink and Jordan couldn’t take it so he got out of the elevator 

• Love 1

Man.. Paige needs to go ahead and just get rid of that passive aggressive possessive insecure excuse of a boyfriend Jake... All he does is get upset at her for things not really about her... Her money her time.. And then he just apologizes... He knows she needs to stay sober for some big audition and he has her pound shots while he makes moon eyes over his new "artsy" star... And I like that new girl but not if they're just gonna have her there to break up a couple(even if I hate the couple) paige's trainer was right... Her BF is flaky as hell... 

Also this show still never really have Jordan and Paige interact.. The show itself is oddly kinda segregated.. Jordan and Tangey mainly interacted with each other.. Now he's mainly interacting with the Latina school headmistress.. Have Paige and Tangey ever really spoken

• Love 2
On 4/26/2018 at 1:02 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Have Paige and Tangey ever really spoken

This season, Paige is the one whose story is disconnected from everyone else's. Her distance from Rainer means that aside their professional relationship, which only started again recently, she has no connection with the storylines that seem to draw in the entire cast like Rainer's mom/Jordan/Alexilicious.

It's actually quite interesting to analyze. Paige has a large non-LOCKED support cast of characters - Jake (Love Interest), Cassie (Best Friend/Frenemy), who in turn have their own supporting characters... Cassie's boyfriend, "Billy"... So the show can't contrive Paige suddenly, for example, having a relationship with Paige because she needs someone to interact with. Then in turn, Rainer who is arguably the most "in the center of the main plot" character has Harper (Love Interest - Check), Jordan (Best Friend/Frenemy - Check), and as a bonus angsty Parental Relationships. In turn, Paige has Jordan (LI with a potential triangle too), Alexis (BF/F), Mom (Parental Angst), 

Or in other words, the show is juggling a lot of balls in the air, and the characters barely have enough narrative space to exist in their own stories. 

I appreciate that, because why contrive relationships that shouldn't exist? Jordan and Paige having that conversation makes sense because they're co-stars and connected through Rainer. Paige is what to Tangey? Enemy of her frenemy? They don't really have anything to give each other, story-wise. 

I liked the Reunion episode because it was the first time I finally understood the back-story of the 4. Yeah, it's a stretch that all 4 of them ended up in the same movie. 

On 4/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, KaveDweller said:

I really like her. Like, she's almost too good to be true. With the way she's always on top of his yoga, his healthy eating, and him keeping himself productive, she acts more like a sober companion to Rainer than like someone who was in rehab with him. She gives really good advice, seems genuinely into the environment and her causes. Her interaction with Paige could easily have had her be bitchy or territorial but instead, she was utterly charming. And all this with her being sexy in a fun, confident - dare I even say wholesome? - way.

Like I said - almost too good to be true. If the show hadn't already established that she was an ex-child star who had a record of substance abuse, I'd suspect that she was a mole that Rainer's parents were paying to take care of him/keep an eye on him. But at this point, I'm sadly worried that the show would have Rainer throw away a perfectly great relationship because of his #UndeniableChemistry with Paige, whatever that means. 

15 hours ago, ursula said:

I really like her. Like, she's almost too good to be true. With the way she's always on top of his yoga, his healthy eating, and him keeping himself productive, she acts more like a sober companion to Rainer than like someone who was in rehab with him. She gives really good advice, seems genuinely into the environment and her causes. Her interaction with Paige could easily have had her be bitchy or territorial but instead, she was utterly charming. And all this with her being sexy in a fun, confident - dare I even say wholesome? - way.

Like I said - almost too good to be true. If the show hadn't already established that she was an ex-child star who had a record of substance abuse, I'd suspect that she was a mole that Rainer's parents were paying to take care of him/keep an eye on him. But at this point, I'm sadly worried that the show would have Rainer throw away a perfectly great relationship because of his #UndeniableChemistry with Paige, whatever that means. 

She is almost too good to be true. That's why I have a bad feeling about her. The weirdest part is that she was in rehab with Rainer, but doesn't come off as though she's in a similar place as him recovery-wise. I know everyone is different, but she seems so different. In this last episode they at least started having her show some flaws.

Edited by KaveDweller