Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

defendant in the marijuana/record studio case actually

Was that a repeat? The one where the def. stands there and proclaims, "I DO smoke weed. I smoke it every day."? Yeah, you look it.

Finally saw the tax case. I think JM was just so bemused that anyone could be stupid enough to ask a court to help them defraud the government that she couldn't even open a decent can of Whoop Ass on them.  Plaintiffs - bunch of kids and neither of them works. I'd say they're probably picking the taxpayers' pockets enough without this scam.

• Love 3

Loving that Judge MM took down those three scambolic slip-and-fall attorneys today. With their senses of entitlement, they think it's okay to park their car(s) in the liquor store's lot all day/night and sue for triple damages "because of negligence"?? Well, don't let anything get between them and their wine. And those fools claimed that there wasn't a "No parking/private property" sign, but they didn't produce proof....and they claim to be lawyers?  It was fun to see them lose, as they are in the same clan as the morons who advertise non-stop "call us right after you have an accident," "we'll get you what you deserve," and "I'm here. Call me NOW." They were uppity jerks who should have just split the cost of the tow fees back when it happened.

• Love 3

Loving that Judge MM took down those three scambolic slip-and-fall attorneys today.

I think JM rushed off the set to go and beat her head against a wall.

A trifecta of stupid, bone-headed, bumbling, incompetent lawyers. Well, I mean it's not like we've ever seen even a marginally smart, competent lawyer either here or on JJ, but we've never had a 3-for-1 before. So, they left empty-handed and now everyone within viewing distance knows who NOT to call if they need a lawyer. Just brilliant. The deserved a worse reaming than the one they got.

• Love 2

Gotta love today's rerun.....the woman claims to be a daily churchgoer; surely she's going through those motions to ensure a one-way ticket to Heaven, not like the rest of the paltry heathens out there in the world who are probably "purgatory-bound." (just love that Catholic guilt mindset)  Yet, she marches into court and LIES her face off! 

If I had a dollar for every time she said her son was a lawyer. And was she in KMart for the bday card, in McDonald's, at Mass, or sitting like a weirdo in her car for two hours?

I loved the plaintiff, and I really enjoyed when he said that the defendant was memorable because of her big black hairdo and red lipstick. He was so adorable when he said it; he wasn't being snarky, he was just stating a fact.

Driving a Mack Truck at 12, wearing her red lipstick since 15, not up-to-date because she's "woman and not a man." Too bad the Off button JMM begged her to use didn't work.

• Love 3

the woman claims to be a daily churchgoer;

I was watching the faces of the audience when that hateful witch was proclaiming how she goes to church EVERY day, then proceeded to show herself up as a nasty, vile (and really bad) liar. Maybe she needs to go to church twice a day with Her Son, the Lawyer.

Even worse was that bitch who stiffed the handy man on all the work he did on her house. She just didn't have the money to pay him, so he can just whistle for it. I bet a lot of her money goes on drugs and/or alcohol as she appeared to be either really drunk or high - babbling, slurring her words and not being able to understand simple questions. I was wishing JM would have pressed the drug question.

• Love 2

Even worse was that bitch who stiffed the handy man on all the work he did on her house. She just didn't have the money to pay him, so he can just whistle for it. I bet a lot of her money goes on drugs and/or alcohol as she appeared to be either really drunk or high - babbling, slurring her words and not being able to understand simple questions. I was wishing JM would have pressed the drug question.

Yes, I thought that woman seemed under the influence (of something) also. Plus, her 'who gives a shit' attitude didn't help things. I loved that JMM voiced additional disgust about the woman's claim that Home Depot sells a bunch of dead plants.

claim that Home Depot sells a bunch of dead plants.

Not only do they sell dead plants, but the handyman chose those ones.

Also like the "money is no object" and JM's sneer that of course it's not when you have no intention of paying.

• Love 4

I thought it was Lowe's?  But either case, it didn't matter, she was one hell of an ass, no wonder her ex-husband ran away as soon as possible, I wished oh how I wished JM would have said something along the line of, "Is that why he is now your ex husband?".  And she is purely an ass, "Money is no object"...except when I have to pay you.

Oh how I love the three attorneys with their liquor and parking overnight situation, it must be nice to get a law degree on-line. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, the magician was a complete jerk, but the "twins" were nothing to write home about. Only sympathetic player was the poor rabbit.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 4

Oh, that fake gold herringbone-chainlink angel necklace woman again!!!  With her Jimmy Durante shoulder-shrugging, I was waiting for her to say, "Huh-cha-cha-cha-cha" amidst her blathering on about being a certified evangelist. And for the first (and possible only) time ever, I felt bad for Curt the Dirt as she reached maximum levels on the creepy-meter with her personal space invasion in the hallterview.

• Love 5

And for the first (and possible only) time ever, I felt bad for Curt the Dirt as she reached maximum levels on the creepy-meter with her personal space invasion in the hallterview.

The hallterview will always be a thing of nightmares.  *Shudder*

• Love 3

started yelling about reaping what you sow.

Actually, in spite of being an ordained... whatever, I believe she got that wrong and said " You'll sow what you reap," didn't she?

As for Curt the Hall Clown, I wouldn't have any sympathy for him if someone came out and punched him right in the nose or kicked him in the groin. If I weren't so non-violent, that's what I would do if grabbed my arm and started dragging me around.

• Love 4

Watching the case with the redheaded woman with the mattress set:  not sure what she was on, but the facial expressions of the court audience members was very entertaining.  She was just cray cray.

• Love 3
(edited)

The case of the woman suing another woman for return of her engagement ring.  

What what what was wrong with the jilted woman?

She had no lips - they looked like they were surgically removed and replaced with lips with no pigment.  

And she was having some sort of seizure or Tourette's in the hallway. She zoned out and said 'GRIMY' in the middle of her conversation and then did it again 'GRIMY' I thought Tourette's but her eyes went dead so I was thinking petit mal.

Anyone know?

She and the other lady knew each other only weeks before getting engaged - I think her fiance saw really bizarre behaviour and bailed. 

I thought she was saying “Harvey” and wanted the cameras to switch to him.  Maybe she thought it would be cool for her to say that instead of Chuck saying it.  Instead she looked like an idiot.  I am not even sure if she said Harvey, maybe she got his name wrong but she stood there like she was waiting for something, both times that she spoke.  Gotta say that the editors love making people look bad;  they could have edited that out if they want to.  But they left it in and made her look really stupid.

I never thought seizure, but that is just as good of an explanation.

As for the tax fraud case, I loved how she just let them talk and talk.  She gave them enough rope to hang themselves. I just hope that someone from the IRS and their state’s tax dept.  was listening.  Anyone know if any of these idiots get prosecuted for things they admit on TV?  As someone who pays taxes and doesn’t scam the gov’t for welfare checks, I hope so.

Today's laughable litigants on People's Court.

The plaintiff was suing the defendant because the plaintiff had allowed the defendant to claim the plaintiff's child on her income taxes so the defendant would get a bigger refund. Yes, when you get "Head of Household" and all the other credits for being an unwed mother, the payoffs are excellent. In exchange, they would split the refund. The defendant did not pay up. The plaintiff sued.

In our country, we have a legal doctrine called "the law of clean hands." You cannot sue because an illegal activity didn't pay off. When the judge informed the plaintiff that she was breaking the law and was not going to get one penny from the defendant, the plaintiff actually looked at the judge and said . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

. . . this is classic . . .

But, Your Honor, what about my PAIN AND SUFFERING?

(Folks, I can't make this stuff up.)

Edited because I am a horrible typist

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 2

She said 'GRIMY' twice. I rewound it.  At first I thought it was her pet name for her fiance and she was trying to talk to her, but it wasn't that. 

In today's horrific apartment case. The man said when the stove caught on fire he threw flour on it.  

I know you all don't watch TPC for home safety tips but please never, never do this. Flour is highly flammable.

I use uncooked spaghetti to light candles or a barbeque. Use soda or salt to put out a kitchen fire or just put a lid or something else to smother it. 

I learned this very young from my father. He was chief cook on a naval destroyer.  There were weevils in the hold where the flour was kept and some bright boy set down burning pots to draw them out. The flour was stored right over the magazine and was a near miss for a ship housing 2200 men. 

• Love 3

"In today's horrific apartment case. The man said when the stove caught on fire he threw flour on it. 

I know you all don't watch TPC for home safety tips but please never, never do this. Flour is highly flammable.

I use uncooked spaghetti to light candles or a barbeque. Use soda or salt to put out a kitchen fire or just put a lid or something else to smother it."

That could be why the back of the stove was completely crisped!  lol

• Love 1

I caught the episode with the three lawyers and I loved how she put them in their place.  I was hoping she would ask them details about their dinner.  I bet they cooked up the BYOB restaurant and bought wine after the fact.  In NJ (where this case took place) there are quite a few BYOB restaurant due to NJ laws, which limit the number of liquor licenses allowed in a given area.  While there are BYOB restaurants in Manhattan, there are far fewer. I think the ladies came up with the BYOB thing did so because it is so common where they live and work.  I would have loved for JM to grill them about the restaurant and what they ordered, just to see if my theory were correct.  But she obviously didn't think that buying a bottle of wine earlier was an excuse for keeping the car at the lot anyway so she did not pursue it.

Whenever I see lawyers on any of these court shows, they come out looking really bad.  I guess the smart ones know to stay off camera.

• Love 2

Oh no--- the auctioneer rerun....the shitty snake "vurmel" bracelet, miniscule diamond chip earrings, and unimpressive ring. Even after being gently corrected about the pronunciation of vermeil, he persisted with the vurmel. And the amounts that he paid for that stuff!!  That snake thing looked like something from a Loehmann's clearance bin, lumped in with elastic hair ties and unpopular lip gloss.That plaintiff needs to find a line of work that includes some sort of supervision and assistance for his decision-making skills.

And the next case had a defendant named Al Bakhour. Albacore.

• Love 1

That snake thing looked like something from a Loehmann's clearance bin, lumped in with elastic hair ties and unpopular lip gloss.

Haha! No kidding. Vermul jury! JM found a most tactful way to say she wouldn't wear it if someone held a gun to her head. There must be someone, somewhere on the planet who would wear it, though, since the auctioneer plunked out $500 for it.

Is there anyone who has made a killing buying overpriced crap at auctions and then pawning it?

• Love 1

Watched today's case with the woman who bought an old Lexus, drove it for a couple of thousand miles, then ran over something and punctured her radiator.  Husband tried to fix it, and ended up botching the job so the car needed a new engine.  

The plaintiff lost on the legal aspects of her ridiculous claim.  But she should have lost on the basis of having the WORST hairdo ever in the history of television.

• Love 3

I don't know AZChristian, if bad hair, bad makeup, stringy unwashed hair, or the ever popular crackhead attire of two sizes too big white shirts with straight out of the package creases were the basis for verdicts, we could dispense with the judge, but we could still snark on them.

• Love 4

Today's rerun - with the elderly woman and the computer tech.  The first time I saw the case, I figured I was just lacking empathy for the older lady and blamed myself. After watching this case again, I'm standing by my first opinion.....that woman annoyed me. She wanted the word processing program to be "just so," and wouldn't dare attempt to use something slightly different (even if it's a dummy-proof program). Sorry - you want to use a computer, then you have to be like the rest of us and put forth some effort when technology marches on.

Then, she bitched that her fingers hit the wrong keys on the computer's keyboard.  Yeah, that's what you get for not going to the Apple store or to Best Buy and trying them out. I'm about half that woman's age, and I have some early arthritis in my fingers. I knew that I had to go to the Apple store to make sure my fingers were happy on the prospective new laptops.

And maybe it's because I currently have a co-worker with an empty head, but I know exactly how the defendant felt, explaining/writing/modeling the same damn things a million times for naught. He delivered his services correctly, she just wanted to be a brat about the keyboard, the word processing software, and her need to blame him for her inability to use any of it. If my co-worker offered me a meal in exchange for stealing my time and making me hit the replay button yet again, I'd tell her where she could put that meal.

I also think that her statement, "if you do not respond, I will do something to make you slow down." is a statement that could confuse someone whose heritage language is not English. Semantically, I can see why that ESL thought that was a threat.

• Love 2

the elderly woman and the computer tech... that woman annoyed me.

You're not the only one. It annoys me in general when someone seems to think that just because they've luckily lived a certain number of years they're automatically entitled to special consideration. The tech was not obligated to measure her finger span against the keyboard of the new computer (that she chose) and have to buy her another one as though it's all somehow his fault. I know we all hate having to get  a new computer - I do, anyway -  but that's life and it's not someone else's problem.

He's not her son or her indentured servant and she shouldn't expect him to hold her hand every step of the way, provide her with her own password, or work for a dinner(?) as though he somehow owes her. He probably should have answered her email as common courtesy, but I've had unanswered emails and it's no more of a big deal if you're 83 than if you're 53. Why should it be?

• Love 3

You're not the only one. 

And her boastful ways didn't score her any points with me either. "I'm writing two books." Then, Curt asked her for the titles, and she coyly said, "it's a secret." Right, hon.....secret exposed - "book 1" is a bitchy poison-pen letter to your 55+ community's HOA and the other "book" is actually your super-boastful Christmas letter, which you add content to continuously over 11 months.

• Love 4

"book 1" is a bitchy poison-pen letter to your 55+ community's HOA and the other "book" is actually your super-boastful Christmas letter

Or histrionic fanfiction, for which LibreOffice is just as good as Microsoft or Open Office. And really, I kind of doubt even Stephen King can write two books at the same time.

I really felt bad for the tech.  I have an older sister who is the same way.  No matter how many times you sit with her to show her how to operate the TV remote, cell phone, or the DVR she can't do make it work.  Various family members have sat with her for hours to show her how to operate these things, have written out simple notes, have highlighted text in the manuals and/or taped instructions to the device, it doesn't matter.  She claims the device doesn't work correctly and she needs a new one.

• Love 2

Tears in the halterview today, along with the phrase "it's just not fair!"  Oh, honey, life just isn't fair is it? The case was a babysitting one, which are normally dead boring, but this one was fun. Defendants were super upset about daycare provider taking days off when it was clearly written in the contract for her to be able to do so, but they should be able to pay late or have the provider hold the checks for a week or so, in case they bounce. Then they had the gall to complain that they should have to pay the contracted amount even if the kid doesnt go, or its a holiday. As someone who has had kids in daycare, "thems the rules" as my mom says. If you don't like it, try to find someplace else. You wont, because they all work the same, but they are more than welcome to try.

• Love 5

Today's case is really one of my favorites of all time.

Granddaddies = sugar daddies

He's just lips and hips = he's just a booty call/no real relationship

Keep quiet in the movies because someone might put gum in your hair

If you die your hair green, don't neglect your eyebrows - go green

Amusing: Curt the Dirt seemed intimidated by the plaintiff during the hallterview. "You beat her up? Okay." (then he pointed to the hall to get her to leave)

Felt it: I loved how the plaintiff injected "ya feel me" into everything she was telling the judge.

Judge MM quote of the case: "If your tongues came notarized, I still wouldn't believe either one of you."

On-the-ball camera operator: "I spent 300 dollars on these shoes." {camera pans out to get shoes in the shot}

• Love 4

Today's case is really one of my favorites of all time.

Granddaddies = sugar daddies

He's just lips and hips = he's just a booty call/no real relationship

Keep quiet in the movies because someone might put gum in your hair

If you die your hair green, don't neglect your eyebrows - go green

Amusing: Curt the Dirt seemed intimidated by the plaintiff during the hallterview. "You beat her up? Okay." (then he pointed to the hall to get her to leave)

Felt it: I loved how the plaintiff injected "ya feel me" into everything she was telling the judge.

Judge MM quote of the case: "If your tongues came notarized, I still wouldn't believe either one of you."

On-the-ball camera operator: "I spent 300 dollars on these shoes." {camera pans out to get shoes in the shot}

That case had one of my favorite non-words ever by a litigant: alterfication. My friends and I had a good time with this case the first time it aired. Alterfication is still a word we throw around when we're teasing each other. "Don't make me start no alterfication with you!" (We have to include the horrible grammar for the full effect.)

I did not understand the plaintiff's outfit at all. I'm not sure what look she was going for. I don't usually notice litigants' clothing, but I definitely noticed hers.

I was so thrilled when MM sent both of their lying asses home.

• Love 3

I did not understand the plaintiff's outfit at all. I'm not sure what look she was going for. I don't usually notice litigants' clothing, but I definitely noticed hers.

The earrings really rocked it!  They looked exactly like what I have in shower drain to catch the hair wads!  Same size, too!

She was all butch up top then was going for some kind of flouncy, princess business with the skirt.  There is eclectic/ironic, but plaintiff missed all marks.

I'd like to think that someday these litigants will regret their appearances in shame & horror.  Nah.  They won't.

• Love 4

An oldie but a goodie today.  Couple celebrating their 20th anniversary, and the CENTRAL THEME of the vow renewal is a journey represented by flowers.  Your budget for the party is $4,000.  You spend $250 on those flowers . . . yep, those are REAL important, huh?

So a couple of the flowers are wilted and the ribbons are not the right shade of white.  So you sue the florist for the whole $4,000.

Judge Milian was generous and gave her back the money for the flowers.  The florist says it was a scam to get the flowers for free, which she did.  He's just glad he didn't have to pay for the whole party.

• Love 4

Yes, oldies but goodies! I'm speaking of that hideous, shrill Sec8 witch. I don't understand - if the taxpayers have to pony up her rent, where did she get 2K in cash? Oh, wait. Answered my own question. The thought of her with a child is truly frightening.

And yeah, the all -important  flowers! The ribbon that was white and not ivory! The rose petal that was wilted! Whole day in utter ruins. Gimme four thousand dollars. I'd be more upset over the decapitated bride and groom on the cake.  As for the flower guy, why on earth would he think an unsigned contract means anything at all?

• Love 4

OMG, "altirfication", almost made me die. When in doubt go with a word you do know how to pronounce, she could've of just said "fight, we got into a fight" and what was she wearing? Why was she wearing it? My best guess: lack of oxygen at birth. And I'd sooner die than go on national tv to talk about my sugar daddies. Seriously.

• Love 2

just said "fight, we got into a fight"

She could have, but "altercation" (alterfication) sounds classier, don't you think? As for the sugar daddies: they must down on their luck if all they can get is someone who looks like Steve Urkel in a flouncy skirt.

• Love 5

Steve Urkel in a flouncy skirt.

Nailed it! Thank you for succinctly describing her in the most accurate way possible. That look has been bothering me since the first airing of that case.

• Love 3

That look has been bothering me since the first airing of that case.

Me too! The manner of speaking, the faces, the movements - I kept wondering who she reminded me of. It finally came to me and Googling "Stever Urkel" confirmed it. The main difference is that Steve grew up to be good looking!

• Love 2

OMG, "altirfication", almost made me die. When in doubt go with a word you do know how to pronounce, she could've of just said "fight, we got into a fight" and what was she wearing? Why was she wearing it? My best guess: lack of oxygen at birth. And I'd sooner die than go on national tv to talk about my sugar daddies. Seriously.

She could have, but "altercation" (alterfication) sounds classier, don't you think? As for the sugar daddies: they must down on their luck if all they can get is someone who looks like Steve Urkel in a flouncy skirt.

Nailed it! Thank you for succinctly describing her in the most accurate way possible. That look has been bothering me since the first airing of that case.

Me too! The manner of speaking, the faces, the movements - I kept wondering who she reminded me of. It finally came to me and Googling "Stever Urkel" confirmed it. The main difference is that Steve grew up to be good looking!

...Love the lunacy of the case but part of me wishes it was on JJ.  You know she would have tried handling that stuff quick and yelled "This isn't an audition."...and followed by JJ's glare of DOOM!

Both litigants were turned up, but it always bugged me, and was obvious the plaintiff...with the outfit/costume and behavior...thought this was her audition...

As awful as it is in retrospect, loved the defendant's hallterview..."This is why they always crack her against her head..." or whatever, I'm sure I mangled it.  

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

All new eps, with a bunch of really unlikable litigants.

"I get my Irish up", bigmouthed woman (yeah, I'm Irish too but I don't use it as an excuse to act like a shrieking harridan) is another one who seems to think she has an unalienable right to park on private property because "I always have." Yeah, for two whole years she was lucky. Luck ran out! Go buy SonnyBoy a new car.

The last one was certainly a very special snowflake,

Put a satellite dish on a fire escape? Is that a problem? No. The real problem was the extremely low cut, shimmery top she wore which displayed way too much of her large and sagging breasts and nasty tats. For the love of all that's holy, cover that shit up.

Where do people get their huge sense of entitlement these days? Both these women were trespassing on private property and (in the case of the dish) breaking the law and they both feel someone should give them money for it.

• Love 7

All new eps, with a bunch of really unlikable litigants.

"I get my Irish up", bigmouthed woman (yeah, I'm Irish too but I don't use it as an excuse to act like a shrieking harridan) is another one who seems to think she has an unalienable right to park on private property because "I always have." Yeah, for two whole years she was lucky. Luck ran out! Go buy SonnyBoy a new car.

Put a satellite dish on a fire escape? Is that a problem? No. The real problem was the extremely low cut, shimmery top she wore which displayed way too much of her large and sagging breasts and nasty tats. For the love of all that's holy, cover that shit up.

Where do people get their huge sense of entitlement these days? Both these women were trespassing on private property and (in the case of the dish) breaking the law and they both feel someone should give them money for it.

But she needed her TV!!

• Love 1