Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Did anyone else have weird editing during this case? I had Harvey doing his stupid interview and the next thing they were coming out of the courtroom to weird hallway antics (the hell?) and MM co-signing the bullshit.

I don't even know how she ruled. I didn't even hear the defendants side of the case.

I saw him use a whole lot of words to defend himself but not say anything at all. It must be exhausting to be with someone like that.
  • Love 5
(edited)

In the case of the marriage proposal during the hallway interview with Curt, I don't have high hopes for a long and happy marriage. Those two are squabbling in court over nonsense and money now, and she's fleeing the home when he criticizes her kids for being loud. I can only think they won't be able to resolve things if things really get difficult.

It's a long road from a proposal to an actual marriage - there's no way these two are getting married!!! Edited by Eliza422
  • Love 3

I won't give any spoilers, but the best part of today's hallterview with the off-again on-again couple was Douglas' face.

After reading your post, coolwhiplite, I rewound the DVR and watched it again. My TV is only 27 inches, but I swear I saw Douglas rolling his eyes.

The defendant, Mr. Smoove, was something else, wasn't he? He could say in 1000 words what most people could say in 10, or maybe 20.

• Love 3

The whole silly thing was a made for "fifteen minutes of fame" moment.  I'm sure the "Happy Couple" is waiting by the phone waiting for a TV producer to call.  Yeah I'm that cynical.

• Love 6
(edited)

"Pertaining" (Def. adored that word) to the happy couple: I loved how his attempt to sound erudite sort of went to hell with things like, "Our (blah blah) has went through a metamorphosis. Fail! Did I imagine JM giving him the stinkeye for his "How ya doin'?"

I don't understand something, and that is why are the taxpayers ponying up to pay a mortgage for Ms.Toon(?) when she had a man living there and both of them - as JM noted - young and able-bodied? I'm wondering if whatever governmental dept. responsible knew she had someone else living there? I certainly wish I could get someone else to pay MY mortgage.

Twenty-five year old baby - really, listening to him all but made my ears bleed. I've heard six year olds on Judge Judy give a more linear and coherent testimony and that's not exaggeration. I could barely understand anything he said, and it's probably just as well.

Edited because it seems I can't spell after midnight.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

Twenty-five year old baby - really, listening to him all but made my ears bleed. I've heard six year olds on Judge Judy give a more linear and coherent testimony and that's not exaggeration. I could barely understand anything he said, and it's probably just as well.

Edited because it seems I can't spell after midnight.

You missed nothing - one of the things he was suing over was a duffelbag of canned food. You would think there was some kind of vetting process when casting litigants...but I guess I'm a dreamer.

• Love 2

I hated the first family of litigants today. I hated them so much that I had to come here and write about it.

• Thuggish, cognitively lacking 41-year-old son who found his back child support situation to be very funny and scoffed at JMM when she told him to use protection. He made NO sense, and he had an excuse for everything (oh, but I love my kids.....They made me go to a temp agency that only gave me 15 hrs a week....Well, that son is her favorite.....My brother actually paid my $3,000 fine, so that means that he received the $3,000 when he paid it.) Despite his prison-workout-plan body type (arms, neck, and upper body only), he crumbled like a crybaby at the sight of Curt.
  • Magenta haired, eyed, lipped, and nailed enabling mother who, under false pretenses, took one of her adult children's Christmas fund that was saved for her own grandkids' gifts, and handed it to her ungrateful, entitled creep of a son who has a history of ripping relatives off. She wins Enabler Grand Supreme in the Dysfunctional Mother Pageant. Her Bobbie Kristina teef were very distracting (God forgive me).

Second case -- "Angel" Jo-zuf's grandfather and his son Douglas obviously got a BOGO deal from the Cheap & Ugly Suit Outlet.

• Love 2

"Pertaining" (Def. adored that word) to the happy couple: I loved how his attempt to sound erudite sort of went to hell with things like, "Our (blah blah) has went through a metamorphosis. Fail! Did I imagine JM giving him the stinkeye for his "How ya doin'?"

Don't forget the plethora of times he said, "Me and her..." 

Part of me wants to commend him for attempting to sound intelligent, but he sounded more like Oswald Bates from "In Living Color."

• Love 2
(edited)

That case where the guy in government housing collecting rent from the defendant had me pissed off.  That guy was a real piece of work. MM should have given the poor defendant the whole $5000.

Edited by Rick Kitchen

I learned today that if someone loans me money by leaving it on my bed, then I don't have to pay them back because they didn't loan me money; my bed did.

That case hurt my brain.

• Love 8

I learned today that if someone loans me money by leaving it on my bed, then I don't have to pay them back because they didn't loan me money; my bed did.

Yes, that was a revelation. We also learned that most people meet someone on line and invite them to live free of charge in their homes. I guess I'll start doing that.

• Love 3

That case hurt my brain.

Yes, that was painful!  The only redemption was watching MM get pissed at the rent scammer dude.  I love it when she gets so twisted that her Latina accent slips out and she starts chicken necking while she's ass-chewing.  It's a thing of beauty.

• Love 5

Yes, that was painful!  The only redemption was watching MM get pissed at the rent scammer dude.  I love it when she gets so twisted that her Latina accent slips out and she starts chicken necking while she's ass-chewing.  It's a thing of beauty.

Love it.  And don't forget when she starts pointing in the air all while doing it.

You captured her perfectly!!

And don't forget when she starts pointing in the air all while doing it.

Yep she gets to stabbing her finger big time- betcha her 3 daughters are NOT any type of self absorbed, entitled brats!  She has prob threatened them with their lives if they ever embarrass her by acting like the litigants.

• Love 2

Oh Thank you Angela! I had not seen that - my dogs were staring at me like I had lost my mind, I was laughing so hard. I wish they would do a whole series of court TV. The material is endless.

I love it when the litigants have their cross body bags clamped on like they are headed to the subway at midnight!

• Love 1

Ha!  When the did the mini preview before commercial I could hear the accent coming through.  I told my husband that she must really be getting pissed for that to happen and I waited on pins and needles for slap down that was coming.

I was very distracted by the magenta hair and teef, as well.  That defendant needed to be kicked in the nuts a few times to keep him from procreating anymore.

• Love 1

Thank you Angela for providing the clip.  I laughed so hard I hit my elbow on the edge of my desk. 

zillabreeze - like they're in the subway....still laughing at that one.

Glad everyone enjoyed the clip. I had forgotten all about it until recently. I think one of the things I like best is that they even gave it a stupid Levin-style title: "Loves 'em and Piles of Leaves 'em".

• Love 1

Great clip... And sad that it is a case that could very well appear on TPC, complete with the oblivious litigant and the idiot peanut gallery on the street. 

But the leaves.... *runs*

• Love 2

Man, that guy who refused to acknowledge his daughter really must have mental issues.  He's really awful.

There was mention of him trying to kill his family with a machete. Like MM, I can't understand why the wife had anything to do with him once she'd already gotten away from him. I felt sad for the daughter, although she really is better off without him in her life anyway.

• Love 4

I felt sad for the daughter, although she really is better off without him in her life anyway.larified who was the ex-wife.

What a hateful, hurtful little prick.  Notice he didn't have any questions about the paternity of his sons!

2nd case was just "WOWZA" when they clarified who was the ex-wife.  I thought the girl was the ex and the old lady was somebody's MeeMaw.  Was it a vintage cougar situation gone awry or what???? Also, another nasty sperm donor.

3rd case- I really hope that somewhere, someone in Section 8 housing is just a modicum of appreciative of our paying for them to have a decent roof, but on these court shows they are a bunch of fucking entitled lazy asses. Bitch was shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED that landlord had the audacity to get tired of her portion of the rent being 15-45 days late month after month. Here's a thought- live in something less than a palace OR get a second/third job to pay your way. Look it up a-holes!  Multiple jobs is what us dumbass suckers used to do back in the day when we didn't have enough money.

• Love 3

I can't understand why the wife had anything to do with him once she'd already gotten away from him.

What about the other ex-hubby, who is a violent alcoholic and whose ex-wife (looking as though she's been through an industrial sized wringer) and daughter thought it was a great idea for him to come live with them, because he's "changed." Well, turns out he hasn't changed that much. He's 42 and on disability - it seems gulping too much booze is a disability these days - never paid a dime for household expenses but really wanted a 20K new truck(!!) I don't see what the problem is.

• Love 2

2nd case was just "WOWZA" when they clarified who was the ex-wife.  I thought the girl was the ex and the old lady was somebody's MeeMaw. 

Those folks hailed from the Trash Village section of Toothlesstown, USA. They all had the "rode hard and put up wet" look.  Too much smokin, drinkin, and druggin.

The airport parking/dog kennel case infuriated me today. That complete twat of a defendant had no shame, and he gave no shits about the poor dog.  He seemed to dislike the dog because she was nervous. He and his cohorts just stood and watched the dog dig a hole and escape??!  I don't own a pet-based business, but even I would have thought of a strategy. And then he kept saying that he and his workers all "saw the dog hanging out." Oh, he made me so mad!

• Love 3

Bitch was shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED that landlord had the audacity to get tired of her portion of the rent being 15-45 days

I love how she stood there proudly stating how she hadn't paid the late fees and basically paid her rent whenever she felt like and the landlord just better damned understand. But that's not enough. She blocks her own drains multiple times and HE should pay for the plumber. No wonder he finally blew a gasket. These ungrateful characters give a whole new meaning to the word "entitled."

I don't know much about this Sec8, but I'm always surprised when these people get into 1800$/mth apartments, with most of that paid by the poor ol' weary taxpayers. Maybe if they were put into less comfortable digs, it might encourage those who are able to work a little harder and find better accomodations.  When I used to rent I had to get places I could actually afford because no one wanted to pay my rent for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

I love how she stood there proudly stating how she hadn't paid the late fees and basically paid her rent whenever she felt like and the landlord just better damned understand. But that's not enough. She blocks her own drains multiple times and HE should pay for the plumber. No wonder he finally blew a gasket. These ungrateful characters give a whole new meaning to the word "entitled."

I don't know much about this Sec8, but I'm always surprised when these people get into 1800$/mth apartments, with most of that paid by the poor ol' weary taxpayers. Maybe if they were put into less comfortable digs, it might encourage those who are able to work a little harder and find better accomodations.  When I used to rent I had to get places I could actually afford because no one wanted to pay my rent for me.

Well 1800 bucks will get you a huge single family house  in a very nice neighborhood where I live. I'm guessing in NY its probably a 2 bedroom apartment I wouldn't set my precious feet in. I imagine a lot of regurlar folks  with jobs in NYC need Section 8.

Too quote a former Governor Canidate. " The rent is too damn high"

Those folks hailed from the Trash Village section of Toothlesstown, USA. They all had the "rode hard and put up wet" look.  Too much smokin, drinkin, and druggin.

The airport parking/dog kennel case infuriated me today. That complete twat of a defendant had no shame, and he gave no shits about the poor dog.  He seemed to dislike the dog because she was nervous. He and his cohorts just stood and watched the dog dig a hole and escape??!  I don't own a pet-based business, but even I would have thought of a strategy. And then he kept saying that he and his workers all "saw the dog hanging out." Oh, he made me so mad!

You would think a kennel would have dog leashes like animal control has to capture dogs. They should not be in the dog kennel business. I honestly think one of the employees took the dog and either sold it or kept it.

Edited by Sparger Springs
  • Love 2

Well 1800 bucks will get you a huge single family house  in a very nice neighborhood where I live. I'm guessing in NY its probably a 2 bedroom apartment I wouldn't set my precious feet in. I imagine a lot of regurlar folks  with jobs in NYC need Section 8.

Too quote a former Governor Canidate. " The rent is too damn high"

You would think a kennel would have dog leashes like animal control has to capture dogs. They should not be in the dog kennel business. I honestly think one of the employees took the dog and either sold it or kept it.

I think he made up the whole leash thing anyway. Like the plaintiff said, this wasn't the first time she's boarded her dogs. She certainly had enough sense to bring a leash and collar for her dogs. The defendant was just a lying piece of crap.

• Love 3
(edited)

The stock market leads case today.  I loved MM throwing shade over calling the female employees "girls".  But what was the plaintiff wearing?  It looked like something from a science fiction movie.

ETA:  I didn't even notice till the hallterview that the "assistant" had a pretty stylish manbun going on.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 4

Those people were all sketch as hell, but ManBun was definitely the worst! I shudder to think what the true relationship was between him and the defendant.

• Love 2

The stock case: OMG! All the details were wonderful - the robe, the cigarettes, the dry cleaner etc.,  and of course the utterly incoherent fool was was the defendant's witness stole the show.

Even with all that, what amazed me the most was actually seeing someone (Def) who is, unbelieveably, even more of a slimy, sleazy shyster than Levin! Never thought I'd see the day.

The grinning idiot who bought the ancient NIssan at midnight had the dumb luck to have a title he can't use, therefore he was able to get his money back. He could have just said that at the beginning and spared us the long tale of his stupidity.

• Love 4

The stock case: OMG! All the details were wonderful - the robe, the cigarettes, the dry cleaner etc.,  and of course the utterly incoherent fool was was the defendant's witness stole the show.

The witness had me howling. 

That place should have installed cameras and done a reality show. They'd have made a hell of a lot more money and probably been quite entertaining to watch.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think if I were in a bind and HAD to choose between working in the portajohn business or the wedding biz, I'd gamble that there are less turds in the portajohn game.  These freaking newlyweds NEVER want to pay all of their vendors all of their money.  That little bitch defendant and her bully husband had the nerve to say the venue folks RUINED the wedding!  No, you deadbeat assholes, YOU ruined your own damn wedding by trying to screw hard working people out of money they earned.

Old bitch bride knew damn well that she had contracted for 63 people and owed for that many.  Given their entitled attitude, I am surprised that there were only 13 no-shows.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 4

Old bitch bride knew damn well that she had contracted for 63 people and owed for that many.

That shopworn bride and groom were outrageous, commemorating their wedding day by trying to stiff people and get shit free.

I just hope the plaintiff learned a good lesson, and that is that unsigned contracts are worthless and being "casual" with clients not the best idea. They are not your friends, and even if they were, a contract protects both sides.

• Love 2

I think if I were in a bind and HAD to choose between working in the portajohn business or the wedding biz, I'd gamble that there are less turds in the portajohn game.  

While I never coordinated a wedding, my previous restaurant/hospitality work dealt with large parties and the like, and I've had restroom cleaning duties when closing, and I'd take cleaning the restrooms over dealing with people all day, every day...

• Love 2

I had to double check the channel info on my TV screen.  I thought I may have flipped over to Mr. Ed on the old-timey channel.  Nope, it's the plaintiff from today's first case (who met a guy on Instagram and immediately bought him a new car).

When the defendant described their domestic violence incident, he said that the woman had been hitting him.  I kept wondering why she just didn't bite him.  That seems like the easiest method of attack for her....she mustn't know herself well.

• Love 1

I thought I may have flipped over to Mr. Ed on the old-timey channel.

You're terrible! What did Mr. Ed ever do to you?

The Salt Monster from Star Trek is what came to my mind. Scary, almost as scary as hooking up on Instagram and buying some guy a car. I don't know what his defense was. I couldn't understand him.

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope he did also. No doubt he was pretty messed up (or maybe methed up, looking at his teeth) but he seemed to sincerely love that dog, and didn't have much of anything else in life. The ex wife however struck me as unbelieveably nasty and vindictive. The judge cut right through her completely unsupported claims about mistreatment of the dog, but the ex just let all of that roll off her back and in the hallterview it was clear that she was so stuck in her spitefulness that nothing the judge said got through to her.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 2

No love for the episode with the serial-killer pen-pal having plaintiff? I was completely confused about how these relationships started. Did he place a personal ad looking to meet inmates, or did he place a general personal ad that ended up in the hands of inmates? I have to say, years before the internet I once placed a personal ad. Yet I managed not to have one single serial killer respond, at least to my knowledge.

I was also confused by the defendant. She readily admitted they screwed up the e-book. She introduced herself as a partner in the company. But then she said she couldn't fix the error because her boss wouldn't let her. What the what???

• Love 3

But then she said she couldn't fix the error because her boss wouldn't let her. What the what???

Yes, but that's normal these days, where nothing is ever anyone's fault, even when it is. I hope she realized how ridiculous she sounded.

I didn't quite understand the serial killer groupie either. I had assumed he had requested correspondance with those monsters, not that he was looking for companionship(?) and they just happened to respond. Quite puzzling to me.

• Love 2

No love for the episode with the serial-killer pen-pal having plaintiff? I was completely confused about how these relationships started. Did he place a personal ad looking to meet inmates, or did he place a general personal ad that ended up in the hands of inmates? I have to say, years before the internet I once placed a personal ad. Yet I managed not to have one single serial killer respond, at least to my knowledge.

I was also confused by the defendant. She readily admitted they screwed up the e-book. She introduced herself as a partner in the company. But then she said she couldn't fix the error because her boss wouldn't let her. What the what???

Teebax, I placed a personal ad myself once, back in the early 1980s, long before the Internet.  It was a weird experience. I didn't meet any (known) serial killers either, just a guy who got too drunk to drive us home and I was on crutches (long story). I had to call my roommate to come and get us.

I did receive quite a few letters from the local county jail inmates. I think they do have access to newspapers behind bars, and just write letters to have something to do. Needless to say, I didn't reply to any of them. The book's author said that it took him quite a while to realize that the person writing to him was Ted Bundy. 

The book publisher identified herself as "Principal", which means she has an ownership stake in the company. I don't know why she was blaming her "boss". That confused me, too.

What about the lawnmower "Driving Miss Daisy" case today? I wanted so badly to believe Dennis the plaintiff -- that he really was a good guy, not an opportunist. He was so darned likable! But if did try to sell the lawnmower Miss Daisy purchased on credit for his landscaping business -- that's rotten. 

Judge MM was spot on.

• Love 2

I wanted so badly to believe Dennis the plaintiff -- that he really was a good guy, not an opportunist.

I think "opportunist" is too polite. What kind of person lets an 82 year old take out a 10K loan for him? I think "scammer" might be more realistic. He took her to the beach!

• Love 1