Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Time Will Tell

druzy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

ME! Victorias Secret makes great pjs and robes. I must have 6 robes and and a dresser of pjs. But I'm home all day and get up and shower and switch out;) I do love clothes though so I go all out when I do go out.      

Me too! I live in my robe and pajamas at home and since I work from home...well...you get the picture. I draw the line at wearing them in public, despite the fact that the local Dollar Store looks like a flannel 'n fleece fashion show on any given day. 

Still, if I were being filmed for television, I'd dress nicely. Hell, if someone was following me around with a camera then I'd go all 1950's housewife-reality be damned! 

• Love 13

As someone who proudly has Jammie Weekends with my husband, I would never allow myself to be filmed lolling around in said jammies.  I have some pride.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

It sounds good in theory but doing nothing all day can drive most (normal) people insane.  I had to go on maternity leave for a my son a month before he was actually born.  I was practically climbing the walls I was so bored.  Even after both my kids were born and I was on maternity leave, by month 4 I thought I was going to die of boredom.  Before you know it, you'll be laying down on your giant sloth looking like Edie from Grey Gardens, getting in twitter wars with randos on the internet. 

My mom went back to work six weeks after we (I'm a twin) were born because she needed to be around adults!

While I don't have kids of my own, I understand about being off of work for long periods of time for medical reasons. Long stretches of time off from work really do start to play with your mind and they definitely take an emotional toll on most (normal) people.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

ME! Victorias Secret makes great pjs and robes. I must have 6 robes and and a dresser of pjs. But I'm home all day and get up and shower and switch out;) I do love clothes though so I go all out when I do go out.      

If you're wearing matching PJ and robe sets, that's a little different (do you wear the matching slippers with the feathers on the top and the kitten heel? I kid!)  New Matt wears the same gross blue robe 24/7.   Because Amber's lazy is contagious

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

My mom went back to work six weeks after we (I'm a twin) were born because she needed to be around adults!

While I don't have kids of my own, I understand about being off of work for long periods of time for medical reasons. Long stretches of time off from work really do start to play with your mind and they definitely take an emotional toll on most (normal) people.

I always thought I'd love it and would dread going back to work.  My husband thought I'd have a hard time going back, too.  NOPE!  I practically skipped off to work, both times.  I'm not a good "groundhog day" person.   While I AM a creature of habit, I don't deal well in seclusion.  I need to be out in the world or I really start to get depressed.  Hey Ambie and Cate: take note. 

• Love 10
(edited)

If Maci's kids are in daycare it's just as likely to be because she's competing with her friends -- you know, the common folk - who do go to a regular job each day before dropping their kids off at daycare.  With social media blaring everything a person does every second of every hour, Maci has to have something relatable to report. 

Maybe Taylor and Maci are scrambling to come up with a way to prolong their always-boring storyline, but I'm thinking they need an "older child" to serve as a live-in babysitter.  Hmmm...

About Ryan's lackluster - even rude - response to the pregnancy news:  I laughed.  Then I thought, Ryan will definitely warm up to the idea once he begins to see the baby as a "gift" to his mother.  I have always thought Ryan felt severe guilt and sorrow when his parents' visits with Bentley ceased.  Now he can rectify that through this other child.  Not a great reason for either Ryan or MacKenzie to bring another life into this world, let alone the twisted TM world.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I always thought I'd love it and would dread going back to work.  My husband thought I'd have a hard time going back, too.  NOPE!  I practically skipped off to work, both times.  I'm not a good "groundhog day" person.   While I AM a creature of habit, I don't deal well in seclusion.  I need to be out in the world or I really start to get depressed.  Hey Ambie and Cate: take note. 

Exactly! Amber & Cate have no idea what they're missing. 

In some teensy, tiny way, I can understand the "Groundhog Day" effect (great description, btw!) and the way it plays against their mental health issues, especially since they're both not even dealing with those appropriately, so they almost don't even know better. 

However, they are miraculously able to find the energy to plan, prepare and make trips to the spa, Hawaii and NYC, so that instantly negates any ounce of empathy I have for them.

To hear them talk about it, it's as if they are unable to do anything as a result of being "so impaired" by depression, anxiety and fill in the blank for whatever they're trying to claim they "suffer from." If they weren't filming the show, I highly doubt either one of them would even be close to being eligible for disability benefits in their respective home states. They know it too, and as a result, they're consistently hiding behind having mental illnesses as an excuse for not having to function in the real world.

What I can't get over is the selectiveness each of them have for days they can get out of bed and/or travel. Leghumpers aside, do C & A think the rest of the world is that stupid?

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

If you're wearing matching PJ and robe sets, that's a little different (do you wear the matching slippers with the feathers on the top and the kitten heel? I kid!)  New Matt wears the same gross blue robe 24/7.   Because Amber's lazy is contagious

Matching uggs ?

• Love 5
On 03/04/2018 at 12:48 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I'm putting on a foil hat because I'm convinced Amber got shanked & died in gel & we've been witnessing a "Weekend at Bernie's" situation ever since. Nobody sits this much. Baby Huey is a necrophiliac. It all makes sense. 

Best conspiracy ever. 

On 03/04/2018 at 1:06 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I bet some of her anger stems from her name not being spelled Krystyl.

I think you answered your own question. 

Only once in a blue moon do I get a plastic bag like the one Amber barfs in, but when I do get them, they almost always have holes in them.  I know she really really doesn't want to get out of bed, but if I were going to barf in bed, I'd make damn sure to have a secure vessel.  But I would never in a million years barf in bed; I'd spend my life on the bathroom floor before I'd do that.

I’ve been sick enough to put a bucket by my bed. Rarely, but this winter has been awful and having insanely forceful sickness every five -10 minutes for two hours  that left me dizzy and weird hot flashes I opted for the bucket by the bed at some point.

But morning sickness - no. She didn’t even look miserable just lazy.

On 03/04/2018 at 7:47 AM, mscav said:

Amber, just say you eat cupcakes. Don't hurt Gigi's reputation by associating with them.  Please get trashy cousin Krystal off my screen.  If the isn't enough footage of Amber laying in bed then give me Gary and Kristina. 

Yes, why do we have all these relatives on now?  First of all, Idgaf about any of them for them to even have scenes with the teen moms but now they get their own scenes all the time?

gary and Kristina are rarely on, give them more. They actually are part of the damn franchise.

On 03/04/2018 at 8:53 AM, Calm81 said:

Did Amber really say “It would suck if Leah didn’t have a father!” When complaining about Krystal’s baby daddy leaving her at 15 weeks?? Hello Amber?!?! She has a Dad, no doubt about that, but I’m shocked that you don’t think not having a MOTHER is bad!! Leah got the dad but the mother walked out of the child life. #luckilyforKristina.

Yoh give her way too much credit for introspection. 

On 03/04/2018 at 9:40 AM, Calm81 said:

Leah the scene stealer that has her moms number.

Leah: When I start driving I can drive you everywhere!

?☠️

Apparently Leah is an observant little girl that knows the key to being a big part of her mommy’s life is being at her service - chauffeur/bag fetcher/chair grabber/Canned green beans opener/chicken isn’t ready yet griller.

ETA: Amber having her cousins who’s a busy mom of three come over to clean and cook for her - you’d think her uppa classiness would offer to pay for her brakes to be fixed. 

Leah totally knows that. She seems really mature and bright. I don’t doubt that the little jabs she gets in that seem innocent are actually pointed commentary.

On 03/04/2018 at 9:41 AM, Chickabiddy said:

Cuz it’s really hard to remember all the lines of script you wrote up for your faux storyline...particularly after washing it all down with a case of Bud. 

These people irritate me. My kid shocked her directors by being off book within a half hour of receiving her script for the short film she did last week (which is why I’m so late reading these boards for this ep)but despite having talent will have to hustle to get jobs. Meanwhile these train wrecks are on tv weekly. Ofc, I watch it so I’m part of the problem. 

Why thoigh does all of Macis convo sound like she’s reading lines poorly. She’s so monotone too.

On 03/04/2018 at 10:16 AM, GreatKazu said:

Maci and Taylor were on the After Show special. He dropped the nugget that Maci sleeps in until 11:30 a.m.

On 03/04/2018 at 10:28 AM, ilovebeaarthur said:

Jesus. Listen, I'd love to sleep in until 8 (lol when you think that's late), but I can't do it with an infant. But 11:30? Who takes care of those kids in the meantime?

On 03/04/2018 at 10:46 AM, alexa said:

Wow...that is all I can say.  That is late for most non parents.  There really is no excuse to have children, be home with them (or available at home), and to miss half of their waking day?  What?

Okay, so I have insomnia + we homeschool+ my husband’s job has varying hours so we don’t have a traditional home life. But I sleep til 1130 often and so do my kids.  I don’t get the pride of early risers when we are awake for the same amount of hours, just at different spectrums of the clock.

i been sleep later than my kids at times because of the insomnia- but the Youngest is 7 and can get breakfast herself if she’s really desperate so I’m not sure how a mom with kids in diapers manages that . 

But we don’t know if she always sleeps that late or what. Just saying, not everyone’s internal clocks work the same and while there’s a lot to snark on at Maci I don’t think it’s that big of a deal, unless she is letting Taylor or someone else do all the morning things every day- especially since she has a school age son who probably wants to see his mom in a.m. before he’s gine all day.

#nightowlsrepresent

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Kalamityjayne said:

Okay, so I have insomnia + we homeschool+ my husband’s job has varying hours so we don’t have a traditional home life. But I sleep til 1130 often and so do my kids.  I don’t get the pride of early risers when we are awake for the same amount of hours, just at different spectrums of the clock.

i been sleep later than my kids at times because of the insomnia- but the Youngest is 7 and can get breakfast herself if she’s really desperate so I’m not sure how a mom with kids in diapers manages that . 

But we don’t know if she always sleeps that late or what. Just saying, not everyone’s internal clocks work the same and while there’s a lot to snark on at Maci I don’t think it’s that big of a deal, unless she is letting Taylor or someone else do all the morning things every day- especially since she has a school age son who probably wants to see his mom in a.m. before he’s gine all day.

#nightowlsrepresent

Maci is hung over. 

We don't know if she always sleeps that late? She said nothing when Taylor mentioned it. She didn't try to downplay it or tell him that it wasn't true, that it is not always the case or he was exaggerating. 

Maci does not have insomnia or we would have heard about it by now.

Maci does not homeschool her kids.

Maci doesn't leave the house to work.

Maci's job is being a SAHM, or at least that is what she has mentioned many times over and it was the reason she gave for quitting her part-time job. Her kids are in daycare all day long from at least 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. every day Monday through Friday. The two youngest have been in daycare since they were six weeks old. Bentley is in school all day. Before he was in school, he spent a good portion of his time with his paternal grandparents for visitation. Maci didn't have him full-time. 

As for Taylor, we are not clear if he works or not. It doesn't keep him from helping around the house and with the kids, but it might be aggravating to him to have a wife who is paying good money to pay for daycare and a nanny. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Kalamityjayne said:

#nightowlsrepresent

I don't think it's a big deal, it's not like it's abuse or something, I just think it's lazy. I also snarked on Chelsea for taking 17 years to complete her GED, I snark on Amber for having her butt permanently glued to the couch, I snark on Catelynn for the same thing, I snarked on Leah for quitting school 83 times...I'm not trying to be mean to Maci in particular, I just don't understand how she doesn't get bored and sick of it herself?

You homeschool! You're clearly doing a lot! She's not a stay-at-home mom, much less work-at-home or homeschooling; she sends them to daycare. I just don't "get" the lazy thing. Aren't they interested in anything? Their kids, art, politics, even just going to the park? Cooking? Working? School? Reading? Do ANY of them read?

I swear they found the laziest bunch of girls (and partners) possible for this show. Chelsea was lazy at first, but it seems like she's improved a lot. I thought Maci had also grown beyond her partying and lazing around stage, but this sort of changed my mind. And she doesn't seem depressed...it's not like she's been through major trauma like some of the others that, in my opinion, at least makes some of their behavior a little more understandable. I can feel bad for Cate, for example, while recognizing that she also doesn't do anything to help herself. Maci seems to have had a normal life except for being involved with Ryan.

I swear that except for Chelsea, they've all majorly regressed. It's like they're 14 and MTV is their collective babysitter/Daddy with handouts.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

Abuse is never on the same level as anything else. It is in a category all its own. It should never be compared to some behavior that merits criticism just to downplay that specific behavior. 

With that pointed out, these girls give plenty of reasons for all the snark that gets tossed their way. Whether it is drug abuse or not doing anything productive in their lives. The criticism towards a cast member who is continuously lazy, unmotivated, and can't bother to do the basics of being a SAHP is warranted and puts Maci in the same category as the rest of the cast, except Chelsea. 

Chelsea was living a lackluster life and was clearly unmotivated. Her mind was on Adumb. The whole DV issue played a major part in that as well, she seemed a bit depressed. She did sit around and did a whole lot of nothing. But you can clearly now see how different her life became once she got off her butt. The rest of the cast can learn a lot about how being active and proactive can make a difference in your mental well-being. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't think it's a big deal, it's not like it's abuse or something, I just think it's lazy. I also snarked on Chelsea for taking 17 years to complete her GED, I snark on Amber for having her butt permanently glued to the couch, I snark on Catelynn for the same thing, I snarked on Leah for quitting school 83 times...I'm not trying to be mean to Maci in particular, I just don't understand how she doesn't get bored and sick of it herself?

You homeschool! You're clearly doing a lot! She's not a stay-at-home mom, much less work-at-home or homeschooling; she sends them to daycare. I just don't "get" the lazy thing. Aren't they interested in anything? Their kids, art, politics, even just going to the park? Cooking? Working? School? Reading? Do ANY of them read?

I swear they found the laziest bunch of girls (and partners) possible for this show. Chelsea was lazy at first, but it seems like she's improved a lot. I thought Maci had also grown beyond her partying and lazing around stage, but this sort of changed my mind. And she doesn't seem depressed...it's not like she's been through major trauma like some of the others that, in my opinion, at least makes some of their behavior a little more understandable. I can feel bad for Cate, for example, while recognizing that she also doesn't do anything to help herself. Maci seems to have had a normal life except for being involved with Ryan.

I swear that except for Chelsea, they've all majorly regressed. It's like they're 14 and MTV is their collective babysitter/Daddy with handouts.

No, I don’t think she’s deperessed or anything either. I guess compared to the train wrecks she’s on with she seems like she’s doing a good job. But compared to real life people she’s doing poorly.

They don’t really show much of her either, because she has no real story line, so things don’t seem so bad. But the kids do look happy and adjusted and she and Taylor for the most part seem to have a good relationship. Good-ish? Some things seem iffy about them.

im in bed now because I didn’t sleep and it’s 2 and every time I did fall asleep my husband woke me. But, he was just up here with me awhile and told me to stay in bed, he’d do their school.  I only had two hours sleep, but I’m getting up. I don’t want to be in bed even though I could probably fall asleep now.

I guess that’s the difference.  And like I said initially, if she’s always sleeping late when she has these little ones and one who goes to school in the mornings, it IS really crappy. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Abuse is never on the same level as anything else. It is in a category all its own. It should never be compared to some behavior that merits criticism just to downplay that specific behavior. 

Yes, that's my point--that no one is saying it's abuse or as serious as the abuse on this show, just that it is worth critique.

I personally think 11:30 daily is ridiculous, but I do understand that health conditions or particular work schedules (night shifts and such, as others have pointed out) could change that, of course. The thing is, we pretty much 100% know those things are not the case for Maci. Nor does she care for her children during the day. So what is she doing that she needs to sleep in?

I think we all know the answer.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
On 4/8/2018 at 4:51 PM, mamadrama said:

Me too! I live in my robe and pajamas at home and since I work from home...well...you get the picture. I draw the line at wearing them in public, despite the fact that the local Dollar Store looks like a flannel 'n fleece fashion show on any given day. 

Still, if I were being filmed for television, I'd dress nicely. Hell, if someone was following me around with a camera then I'd go all 1950's housewife-reality be damned! 

I’m bad. I wear pajamas out in public sometimes. I have a set from Costco that was labeled “lounge wear” and something similar (but nicer) from Bealls. When Mr. DC complains I inform him that they’re not pajamas but “lounge wear”.

But if I had cameras filming me? Hell to the fucking no. I’d do my hair (or at least put on one of my nicer weaves) and put on make-up too. And get out of my bed and off the couch. It would be me all done up like LVP while I garden, cook and clean the house non-stop.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’m bad. I wear pajamas out in public sometimes. I have a set from Costco that was labeled “lounge wear” and something similar (but nicer) from Bealls. When Mr. DC complains I inform him that they’re not pajamas but “lounge wear”.

But if I had cameras filming me? Hell to the fucking no. I’d do my hair (or at least put on one of my nicer weaves) and put on make-up too. And get out of my bed and off the couch. It would be me all done up like LVP while I garden, cook and clean the house non-stop.

Love Costco! 

When Mr. DC complains I inform him that they’re not pajamas but “lounge wear”.

I nearly spit out the water I am drinking. OMG how funny! 

Nicer weaves...lol  I know what you mean. I remember getting myself done up on a daily! Even if I wasn't working and all I was doing was going to the store, I'd do my hair and put my make-up on. 

Back in the early 90s I would sometimes wear the ponytails (think of Madonna on her Blonde Ambition tour). Those were awesome as I could just quickly do my hair by putting that on, do my make-up and head out the door. The ponytail saved me time from having to style my hair. Now, I will do the Amber bun (mine is fierce and much, much better than hers), wear NO make-up, put on my prescription shades and hope I don't run into anyone I know. Man, if I was having my life televised, you can bet I would be doing my hair and face every damn day the camera was here. No sweatpants or t-shirts. I'd be like you, looking like LVP. lol 

I live in my robe and pajamas at home and since I work from home...well...you get the picture. I draw the line at wearing them in public, despite the fact that the local Dollar Store looks like a flannel 'n fleece fashion show on any given day. 

lol 

I personally think 11:30 daily is ridiculous, but I do understand that health conditions or particular work schedules (night shifts and such, as others have pointed out) could change that, of course. The thing is, we pretty much 100% know those things are not the case for Maci. Nor does she care for her children during the day. So what is she doing that she needs to sleep in?

I think we all know the answer.

Right. There are plenty of people who do have reasons for sleeping in late. Maci is not one of them. 

• Love 5

I was so angry when I watched this episode (last night - I'm totally behind).   I work in foster care and social service and why the hell did that adoption lady say "these kids are damaged"?  She has obviously not had any training on trauma informed care.   "These are children who have been impacted by traumatic events".  Numb nuts.  But it made me angry we are forced into a fake storyline of Maci adopting.  I just take this way too seriously and it personally bothers me to see this presented in this manner.  Like it's such a flimsy thing they can just decide to do whenever.  Adopt a child so it can go to the daycare you send your newborns to?  Don't get it.

But then I come on here and I am laughing my ass off at all the hilarious comments and I am so glad these boards exist.  AHHH!!  Trashy Kousin Krystal with THREE baby daddies?????  And the kids care about her brake pads why?   This is better than having a Deborah scene though. 

I loved all of Amber's scenes because they made me chuckle about her ability to never be standing up.  It's basically an art from at this point.  Amber Portwood: Performance Artist of Sitting and Laying.

• Love 9