Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Time Will Tell

druzy
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I swear she was trying to not smirk when she was waxing poetic about how they should maybe hold off on "adoption" because she wouldn't want to do it for the subconscious reason of adoption filling the void of her "loss". I blame Taylor as much as Maci. From day one he has made comments about doing shit just to stay on the show.  "Are you gonna put a ring on it?" "I don't know, maybe that can happen next season"...Ole' Pubey Beard needs to go away & focus on things that matter...

The whole Ryan restraining order mess will put the kibosh on adoption. No adoption agencies will adopt out a child where there is even the hint of domestic violence. Though I don't think they were serious about adoption anyway...just another storyline that would vaporize next season. And yeah...that beard is just gross. Trim it already and clean up your look.

• Love 13
(edited)
17 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

The lack of insight these people have is appalling.  The guy told her he didn't want to change her brakes so...she goes to his house to confront him about it then... calls *him* rude.  Perhaps borderline personality disorder runs in the family.

I'm no damsel in distress!  Either take your car to a reputable but reasonably priced place, dress cute and go hang out at the auto parts store asking other customers to "help" you, or watch a youtube video and do that shit yourself!  If I can't figure out how to do something myself, I certainly can figure out how to find someone who can!

My understanding was she went to the guy's house to pick up her child. She walked out of his home with a toddler. Isn't that the baby they share? 

Females should not rely on the dick who they decided to have an affair with, and become pregnant by, to help us with our car issues. Kousin Krystal is only trying to keep the connection to the guy. No matter how much she harps how they (baby daddy and his girlfriend) are all good terms and such, that should only apply to the care and well-being of the child. He doesn't owe you to be your personal mechanic. He obviously said he would help her with the brakes because she probably used the guilt card on him. When she called him to talk about the brakes, that is when the girlfriend got wind of what he promised. Legally, he is only obligated to pay child support. He is not obligated to fix or pay for car repairs. It is one thing if he offered to do it because he is a nice guy, but with a girlfriend in the mix, that is obviously not something Krystal should rely on. 

If you can afford to buy a car, you better figure out how you are going to pay for the repairs. How about not having more children? That might help your budget. How about saving your money instead of buying cigarettes and getting tattoos? How about asking Amber or someone else for a loan and you pay them back in installments? When I was a young thing with a car and I needed some repairs, I'd ask my dad for a loan and I would pay him back in one or two installments, depending on what needed to be done. 

1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I'm THRILLED when I can sleep until 7 with an 8 month old. I have no problem with one parent taking the 'morning shift' and letting the other parent sleep until 9 or so if the other parent takes on bedtime or nighttime feedings or something, but nearly noon is inappropriate with 3 kids no matter your schedule, IMO.

It seems Maci relies on Taylor a lot to tend to the kids when they are not in daycare. Didn't she just tell Taylor a few episodes back she was glad he was home so he could discipline the kids? Taylor has the morning AND evening shift. What the fuck does Maci do other than down her beers? 

Being hung over and sleeping in until 11:30 a.m. is one thing when Bentley was spending visitation time with Jen and Larry. But Maci can't even be a full-time mom to the kids she has with Taylor. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 15
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Why did I dislike Gary so much on 16 and Pregnant?  Gary is not a handsome man, and maybe I'm just shallow enough to have judged him on his appearance.  But he is far and away the best dad on this show, all things considered--like having been essentially a single parent for a good while there.  He loves his wife and children and does what's best for his kids.  He works hard and makes sure they get what they need, and then some.  And Christina is the queen of stepmothers, and her love for Gary is a clue to how great a guy he is.

The thing is, as I recall, Gary came from the same kind of hardscrabble background as Amber did.  His mother, as we've seen her, is seriously nuts and imo must not have been a very stable parent.  He essentially had no father, or had many "fathers" in a revolving door, and yet somehow he has figured out what he needs to do and is doing it.  The best part is that it seems to come so naturally to him.  The fact that his is the only house where books are prominent says it all.  He ought to bottle whatever it is he has and sell it on Ebay.

I think the continued financial support of these guys negates all the good 16 and Pregnant did in calling attention to how miserable life is when you're 16 and pregnant.  I'd like to see MTV taper off the paychecks over the next year or so, to ease them into self-sufficiency.  Yeah, right.

I think part of the reason I disliked Gary was because of his interactions with Amber. Same with Jo/Kailyn. They both made a young and foolish mistake of getting involved with these BPD chicks who are honing their skills in setting up situations in which no one can win (excluding themselves, of course). And the boys were also young and consistently rose to the bait. With both Gary and Jo, we've watched them grow and disengage from the toxic behavior of the mothers. I think that adds to the respect we have for them. As adults they evolved into better people. And their exes have not. 

My brother and my husband have both observed that many teenage boys' first girlfriends are not the best matches for them or sometimes the best people. And they've both said there comes a point where they figure out "I don't have to deal with this BS."  For most boys, that point is before they get the girl pregnant, but this show allows us all to see what happens when they get pregnant. It's almost like a worst case scenario.

In terms of your second comment (I snipped a bit in the middle), it would be so interesting to see MTV cut their salaries drastically. Which of the girls would continue to allow filming for a more modest and less life-changing salary? It would definitely force them to rely on other sources of income (like actual women who became mothers in their teens). Maybe Chelsea and Maci would decide it's not worth the manipulations for the salary. 

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

My understanding was she went to the guy's house to pick up her child. She walked out of his home with a toddler. Isn't that the baby they share? 

Females should not rely on the dick who they decided to have an affair with, and become pregnant by, to help us with our car issues. Kousin Krystal is only trying to keep the connection to the guy. No matter how much she harps how they (baby daddy and his girlfriend) are all good terms and such, that should only apply to the care and well-being of the child. He doesn't owe you to be your personal mechanic. He obviously said he would help her with the brakes because she probably used the guilt card on him. When she called him to talk about the brakes, that is when the girlfriend got wind of what he promised. Legally, he is only obligated to pay child support. He is not obligated to fix or pay for car repairs. It is one thing if he offered to do it because he is a nice guy, but with a girlfriend in the mix, that is obviously not something Krystal should rely on. 

If you can afford to buy a car, you better figure out how you are going to pay for the repairs. How about not having more children? That might help your budget. How about saving your money instead of buying cigarettes and getting tattoos? How about asking Amber or someone else for a loan and you pay them back in installments? When I was a young thing with a car and I needed some repairs, I'd ask my dad for a loan and I would pay him back in one or two installments, depending on what needed to be done. 

Admittedly, I had difficulty following Kousin Krystyl's dramatic nonsense.  The MTV editing monkeys only add to my confusion.  It looked like the toddler was in the car, but their trashy drama is difficult to follow.  Before she got to his house, he had let her know he wasn't working on her car but she kept harping on it.

It sounded like she needed new brake pads which is an easy and rather cheap fix in the grand scheme of car repairs.  These people all have such a lack of problem solving skills and their financial management skills are on par with those of pre-schoolers.  Plenty of money to blow on vices and poor choices, but no money for essentials and necessities.  Then they use the outcomes of their poor choices to start trouble with other people.

I've seen comments saying Krystyl was "the other woman" when this guy knocked her up and he is still with the girlfriend he was cheating on.  Krystyl wanted to stand there and gloat while the guy worked on her car. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Why did I dislike Gary so much on 16 and Pregnant?  Gary is not a handsome man, and maybe I'm just shallow enough to have judged him on his appearance.  But he is far and away the best dad on this show, all things considered--like having been essentially a single parent for a good while there.  He loves his wife and children and does what's best for his kids.  He works hard and makes sure they get what they need, and then some.  And Christina is the queen of stepmothers, and her love for Gary is a clue to how great a guy he is.

I don't think I'd mind a big funny teddy-bear guy who provides for our family & bakes me pies!!!

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I think part of the reason I disliked Gary was because of his interactions with Amber. Same with Jo/Kailyn. They both made a young and foolish mistake of getting involved with these BPD chicks who are honing their skills in setting up situations in which no one can win (excluding themselves, of course). And the boys were also young and consistently rose to the bait. With both Gary and Jo, we've watched them grow and disengage from the toxic behavior of the mothers. I think that adds to the respect we have for them. As adults they evolved into better people. And their exes have not. 

I think you're exactly right.  Especially since we never saw either of them (and it's true that Jo is another surprise very good father) except in connection (read: conflict) with the baby-mamas, which certainly could not bring out the best in either of them.  I remember feeling sorry for Kail--it seemed like Jo and his family ganged up on her in petty, childish ways--and Amber just mystified me.  And both of these women are still stuck:  Jo's basic problem with Kail was her infidelity (ies), and Amber, whether it was due to drug use or mental health issues or whatever, was just checked out when it came to caring for little Leah.  Not so much change, lots of meme chose.

• Love 10

I can't believe I miss Farrah and her weekly trips to crazy town.  I think the problem is that without her there isn't enough material for the show.  It has to get padded out with the randos, like Kousyn Krystyl.  

Exactly.  Love her or hate her, Farrah was trainwreck TV and brought the WTF factor on a weekly basis which at least kept things interesting lol   The other three are just plain boring - Cate and Amber are blobs and Maci is just dull.   When characters like Amber's cousin Krystal and Tylers sister are getting expanded story lines, we have reached the point that the show is circling the drain.

Might be a good time to pull the plug on the whole thing and let the 9 year olds grow up out of the spotlight through their tween years.   The adults would be forced to find real jobs and MTV could check back in on them in 5 years or so for an update.  

• Love 20
19 hours ago, UGAmp said:

Mack is so fame hungry that I CANNOT believe she didn’t have some elaborate set up to tell Ryan she was pregnant while the cameras rolled. All we got was a shot of the pee stick and Mack telling a producer by herself, without Ryan by her side. I’m not buying it. At all. Am I the only skeptical one about this? 

Valid point. I guess we're just used to these heifers peeing in front of us? I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how Ryan has any feasible swimmers left. But my guess is that it's real. She doesn't need to trap him, she already has him. And an actual baby will cement her story for years to come. Now....is it Ryan's baby??? THAT I could speculate wildly about. 

5 hours ago, lezlers said:

So I DID hear that right!  I was trying to figure out the story since they were going back and forth obviously trying to gloss over any details.  I kept thinking "there's no way they're going to try and justify her sleeping with her FRIEND'S man for 3 months and getting knocked up and act like SHE'S the victim in all this...right?  RIGHT?"  Then I remembered it's trashy Amber and Crystal.  Pure trash, the both of them.  And Crystal desperately needs someone to introduce her to my good friend, under eye concealer.

At first, when they were talking about it, it DID sound like Crystal got left for another woman. But as more of her trashheap of a life came out, it became clear that the dude left his original baby mama for a few months and played around with Crystal. Went back home after he knocked her up. Crystal almost laughed about it. It was so gross. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Gary and Jo both definitely had a little bit of punkass in them during the early years. (What teenager doesn't?) I remember Gary intentionally poking Amber a lot, and carrying on that back and forth BS in front of Leah. But no one is perfect, and he has definitely learned from his mistakes. He matured by leaps and bounds during the years Amber was going to prison and bringing strangers to live in her home. He's a solid dude. 

2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Admittedly, I had difficulty following Kousin Krystyl's dramatic nonsense.  The MTV editing monkeys only add to my confusion.  It looked like the toddler was in the car, but their trashy drama is difficult to follow.  Before she got to his house, he had let her know he wasn't working on her car but she kept harping on it.

Kyrstal has 3 little boys, so it's probably easy to get them mixed up. But I definitely saw her leaving with a toddler. 

My impression of what went down - littlest baby L (let's just call him Lysander) was at his dad's for the weekend (night? afternoon? McDonalds play date?) and he had earlier told Krystal he'd fix her brakes when she came to get little Lysander. His current baby mama came home, or got wind of it, and shut that shit down with a quickness. So now Mr. Douche-Daddy is being all assholey about it, to save face with his missus....but I do think he had earlier agreed to do it. And that's why Krystal lost her shit so badly. I do agree with the consensus that she needs to be able to handle her own business, period. But I think Mr. Douche-Daddy is the type to try and have something on every burner, and likes the notion of women fighting over him. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

I do agree with the consensus that she needs to be able to handle her own business, period.

agreed.  and I believe that she needs to do this as far away from my TV screen as humanly possible.

• Love 13

Am I the only one who was actually interested in the Crystal baby-daddy-brake-pad story?  At least we got some action!  The rest of the episode was snooze-worthy.  Although it was so sad to see the little boys repeatedly asking their mother if she was ok, and she kept getting more and more crazy.  I could FEEL the little boys' anxiety.  Poor Lysander, et al.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

If you can afford to buy a car, you better figure out how you are going to pay for the repairs. How about not having more children? That might help your budget. How about saving your money instead of buying cigarettes and getting tattoos? How about asking Amber or someone else for a loan and you pay them back in installments?

I agree, but I think she was looking at her appearance as an audition that would reap big money when she's added to the cast.

It seems Maci relies on Taylor a lot to tend to the kids when they are not in daycare. Didn't she just tell Taylor a few episodes back she was glad he was home so he could discipline the kids?

I don't think it's that uncommon for the mother to leave the discipline to the father, or at least want to.  You know, "Wait until your father comes home."  Or when people say their mother would yell at them all day, but when their father came home he'd just give them a look and say, "I'm very disappointed in you" and it would tear the kid up.

Taylor has the morning AND evening shift. What the fuck does Maci do other than down her beers?

Sleep, apparently.  But I'm having a hard time with this line of criticism because if the roles were reversed, and it was Taylor relying on Maci a lot to tend to the kids when they are not in daycare, it would be less of an issue.  If an issue at all.

24 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My impression of what went down - littlest baby L (let's just call him Lysander)

You can call him by his equally ridiculous actual name--Leightyn.  Brother to Landyn and Logyn. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I agree, but I think she was looking at her appearance as an audition that would reap big money when she's added to the cast.

I don't think it's that uncommon for the mother to leave the discipline to the father, or at least want to.  You know, "Wait until your father comes home."  Or when people say their mother would yell at them all day, but when their father came home he'd just give them a look and say, "I'm very disappointed in you" and it would tear the kid up.

Sleep, apparently.  But I'm having a hard time with this line of criticism because if the roles were reversed, and it was Taylor relying on Maci a lot to tend to the kids when they are not in daycare, it would be less of an issue.  If an issue at all.

see that's the thing.  Not that any of the girls are especially enchanting...but I don't care for Kousin Krystal *at all.* I actually remember Amber's mom once saying she only shows up for the cameras...and I don't have any Amber-love, but I hate the idea of giving her any attention, especially if that's true.

When boy-child was an infant, I worked part-time nights and Mister worked full-time days and then the other nights & weekends at Blockbuster (RIP).  he'd sleep in til noon on the weekends, and while I understood, it drove me bananas that he couldn't hang out with us during practically the only time off he had. so I'd let that be known, thereby not having any good times together at all.  In my defense, I was around Mackenzie's age at the time, but, still,  I  have no idea who was right or wrong in that scenario...

• Love 8
21 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

The lack of insight these people have is appalling.  The guy told her he didn't want to change her brakes so...she goes to his house to confront him about it then... calls *him* rude.  Perhaps borderline personality disorder runs in the family.

I'm no damsel in distress!  Either take your car to a reputable but reasonably priced place, dress cute and go hang out at the auto parts store asking other customers to "help" you, or watch a youtube video and do that shit yourself!  If I can't figure out how to do something myself, I certainly can figure out how to find someone who can!

Right?  And at that point, we didn't even know that the guy was living with the woman he was with when he cheated with Crystal and got her pregnant!  I wouldn't be cool with him changing her breaks either!  How about Ms. Hawaiian vacation spring for her poor cousin to get her breaks fixed?

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, GreatKazu said:

Maci and Taylor were on the After Show special. He dropped the nugget that Maci sleeps in until 11:30 a.m.

Real talk - this pissed me the F off as the mother of two kids around Maci's kids' ages (mine are 3 and 1) and as someone who LOVES to sleep in.  Sleeping in is the number one thing I miss from my pre-child life. My husband (who is naturally a morning person) sometimes will get up with the kids when he's off and let me sleep in until 9 or 9:30....by that time the kids are asking for me & there's so much noise that I can't sleep anymore anyways.  I am seething with jealousy and anger that any parent of two small kids regularly sleeps until 11:30, let alone a parent of two small kids who does NOT have a real job!  WTF are you so tired from doing, Maci? (Yeah, yeah, I know...faking story lines & drinking Bud Light.)

An older friend once told me when I was in my 20s (after told her how much I loved sleeping in) that "The world starts at 9am.  Unless you're working overnight or some weird shift, if you're not regularly up by at least 9am, then it's kind of like you aren't in the world with the rest of us."  Must be nice to live in Teen Mom world, Maci. 

On 4/3/2018 at 9:28 AM, ilovebeaarthur said:

Jesus. Listen, I'd love to sleep in until 8 (lol when you think that's late), but I can't do it with an infant. But 11:30? Who takes care of those kids in the meantime?

Bentley (on the weekends; I assume Taylor brings them to daycare on weekday mornings)?  Having Bentley home on the weekends to watch the littles while the adults sleep in must be a big help, since he isn't going to his dad's or Jen & Larry's regularly anymore. 

On 4/3/2018 at 12:26 PM, Bridget said:

He couldn’t contain himself when he found out? That’s got to be a metaphor or code for he was “high as a kite” when she told him.

I assumed that was code for "He couldn't contain his anger when he found out I had trap-babied him and he'd been too stupid/too high to stop it."

I'm pretty sure the reaction he couldn't contain was something like "JesusGodLeah, Mackenzie!  You said you were on the pill! I thought I put on a condom.  When I asked you if I did cause I was high and nodded off, so I was unsure, you said I did! What in the world makes you think I want another kid? What makes you think I like kids? Are you slow? What makes you think I like you? I'm going to get a haircut! Then I'm going to the bank!"

21 hours ago, UGAmp said:

Mack is so fame hungry that I CANNOT believe she didn’t have some elaborate set up to tell Ryan she was pregnant while the cameras rolled. All we got was a shot of the pee stick and Mack telling a producer by herself, without Ryan by her side. I’m not buying it. At all. Am I the only skeptical one about this? 

I'm pretty sure that's because Mackenzie isn't quite as stupid as she looks and she knew Ryan's first reaction was NOT going to be a good one.  She didn't want MTV cameras to catch the anger he "couldn't contain."  He couldn't even be assed to act a tiny bit excited even after he'd known the news for a bit, so I assume his initial reaction was even worse.

20 hours ago, druzy said:

Hahahaha! I know lots of Cajuns who say "Don't act a donkey" when someone acts up (like "don't be a jackass") and I LOVE it & have incorporated it into the phrases I use. It's just so spot-on. Butch's no one can live like "no billy goat around here" is something I'm going to co-opt as well. "Kids, come clean your rooms! Ain't nobody gonna live like no billy goat in my house!"

19 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

If Mack has the slightest bit of sense left, she’ll have one of those phantom miscarriages that’s going around in Teen Mom land. Grab her attention by playing the role of  grieving almost mom and save this child from having to deal with Ryan as a brother/uncle.

Truth. Abortion is a thing, TM cast. I don't know how far along she is and I'm pretty sure she's anti-abortion (since she's so into her southern "Christian woman" image), but this is a clusterf*^% of epic proportions.  Please send the baby to BrandonAndTeresa or sign over rights to Mimi Jen as soon as the show is canceled, Mack. Or maybe Maci and Taylor can adopt the kid since they're soooo serious about adoption (they're not) so they can play savior to a kid and to their TV "fans." 

Also, if my husband had said "call me when the baby is 3" after I had told him I was pregnant, I cannot guarantee he'd have survived to tell the story.  My hormones were a mess during my pregnancy and while I am not a physically violent person at all, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't have at a minimum responded to what Ryan said with slap across his face.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, teapot said:

I worked part-time nights and Mister worked full-time days and then the other nights & weekends at Blockbuster (RIP).  he'd sleep in til noon on the weekends, and while I understood, it drove me bananas that he couldn't hang out with us during practically the only time off he had. so I'd let that be known, thereby not having any good times together at all.  In my defense, I was around Mackenzie's age at the time, but, still,  I  have no idea who was right or wrong in that scenario...

@teapot, I relate to this post. When my son was an infant, my husband worked overnight- usually weekend overnights and a few weekday overnights.  I worked/work full-time days and those weekends were the worst.  I felt like I never saw my husband and we never saw the baby together, plus since he left for work before I got off (and then had to pick up son) and wasn't home from work until after I had left for work/to drop off my son the next morning, I was basically doing the bulk of the childcare every day.  On weekends I knew he needed to sleep while I spent the whole day caring for the baby alone (since he had to work at night or had just worked that night), but it was rough knowing he was sleeping while I....was not. And that I was doing most of the child care while he was not. When he'd have weekdays off, he'd sleep most of the day while I was at work and I would get so jealous thinking about how he was getting sleep that was uninterrupted (as mine was always interrupted by a hungry baby each night).   

Intellectually, I knew he needed to sleep and it wasn't because he didn't want to be with me and the baby. I knew we had to do what we had to do, but still...it was rough. And I was over 30 at the time. It definitely caused a strain on our marriage and on my mental health at the time as well.  Eventually, he got another job working weekdays (but he works longer hours than I do and I still do the drop-offs/pick-ups, etc)  but he had to take a pay cut, so that hasn't been the best, but...it's better than the never ending cycle of resentment and your emotional self fighting your logical self.  Especially once we had our second baby, the pay cut has been worth it. 

If Taylor is doing the bulk of the childcare in the mornings while Maci sleeps in, you can bet this is eventually going to simmer over into resentment and it won't be pretty when it all comes to a head (especially since Maci doesn't even have a job overnight or something to explain why she sleeps in). 

And Mackenzie, do yourself a favor and re-watch Maci's 16&P episode and first TM season.  You can expect even less from Ryan now than what little childcare he did for Bentley, since Ryan is now a drug addict. You and TrapBabyEdwards may just wanna move into Mimi Jen's spare room now and hope she will do Ryan's share of baby duties, cause he's not doing sh*t.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14
(edited)

I hate when sexism is implied when none exists. It is just criticism towards a particular person that happens to be female. If there is one thing I have noticed around here is that the snark is thrown around equally to everyone regardless of their sex. We don't need policing. Maci's behavior dictates the criticism she receives.

If I were Taylor, I would be bothered that money was being spent on daycare when St. Maci of Bud Light has anointed herself to be the stay-at-home parent, the reason she gave for quitting her job at the check-cashing place and why she wanted a business she could run from home so she could have time with her children. It is extremely foolish and particularly sad that the kids are not spending that time with their mother who can have some wonderful bonding time. I can praise daycare centers and give them props for all they do for children. It is a wonderful thing to have kids in an atmosphere where they can socialize with other children. But for Maci to have her kids in daycare from 7 a.m. until at least 5 p.m. (this was mentioned in one episode) for the entire week while she sleeps in and has nothing else going on, is appalling. If she was utilizing the daycare once or twice a week, that is one thing. It just doesn't seem there is a rational explanation as to why Jayde had to be put in daycare starting when she was six weeks old and the next child was then put into daycare on a full-time basis soon after he came into the world.

Does Taylor work? If not, why are the kids being sent to daycare? Being a parent is a job. If he was at home tending to them, then Maci could sleep in the whole day.

If Taylor is doing the bulk of the childcare in the mornings while Maci sleeps in, you can bet this is eventually going to simmer over into resentment and it won't be pretty when it all comes to a head (especially since Maci doesn't even have a job overnight or something to explain why she sleeps in). 

See, this is the other issue. I agree.  Taylor should be tending to the children regardless if he works outside the home, but if Maci is doing the bare minimum, that will surely cause friction in the marriage. I might go as far as to accuse Taylor of enabling Maci's behavior. They were having big fights and it was causing issues in the marriage. I am sure this was one of the issues at hand.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 9

I work throughout the night. I stay up to get the kids ready for school in the morning and then I go to bed. My husband does the chauffeuring and all the "daytime" tasks while I sleep. I wake up when they get home from school. However, my EDS, and the co-morbidities involved, makes me need more sleep than the average person. I sleep, on average, 10 hours per day but sometimes I need a nap. Sometimes simply getting up, getting dressed, and eating a little bit is draining. Sleeping that much makes me feel terrible. I hate it. Then there are days in which I am unable to get out of bed at all because the muscles and joints aren't working. On those days, we usually move the whole household into my bedroom and just set up camp in there so that I can spend time with the kids.  On my "good" days, we take full advantage of whatever I can do-it's like a party for us. We'll go hiking, ride bikes, etc. I don't work on my best days because I'd rather give all that energy to my kids and husband. 

Our household runs this way because it has to. When Hospice approved me for palliative care and a home health nurse, it definitely improved our situation because at least I get most of my care at home now, rather than having to spend 10+ hours at the hospital every week. (Not fun for the kids or for me.) I WANT to be up and moving around and doing stuff with my kids-that's why I literally try every treatment that comes my way and why I am involved in two medical studies at the moment. I have a hard time wrapping my head around Maci and the sleeping all morning on a regular basis. I don't like to be TOO judgmental but if she quit her job to be a stay-at-home mom, then why is she not "moming"? I'd totally give her a pass if there was something else going on, of course. Like maybe one of the kids has trouble sleeping so she gets up and down with them all night and lets Taylor sleep and then they switch off in the morning. (That happened to us when my daughter was having multiple seizures at night.) But, considering her history, I have to think that she's just giving in to her nightly dose of Bud. 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Truth. Abortion is a thing, TM cast. I don't know how far along she is and I'm pretty sure she's anti-abortion (since she's so into her southern "Christian woman" image), but this is a clusterf*^% of epic proportions.  Please send the baby to BrandonAndTeresa or sign over rights to Mimi Jen as soon as the show is canceled, Mack. Or maybe Maci and Taylor can adopt the kid since they're soooo serious about adoption (they're not) so they can play savior to a kid and to their TV "fans." 

Also, if my husband had said "call me when the baby is 3" after I had told him I was pregnant, I cannot guarantee he'd have survived to tell the story.  My hormones were a mess during my pregnancy and while I am not a physically violent person at all, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't have at a minimum responded to what Ryan said with slap across his face.

This! I HATE how a show that's ostensibly about teen pregnancy and subsequent parenting regularly makes a mockery of adoption and pretends that abortion doesn't exist.

50 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Does Taylor work? If not, why are the kids being sent to daycare? Being a parent is a job. If he was at home tending to them, then Maci could sleep in the whole day.

I thought at some point he quit his job to run TTM? Anybody know?

All I can say is, I would be bored AF if all I did was sleep while my husband watched the kids and then spend all day not working, not going to school, and not taking care of my multiple children. I can see that being fun for a few days or when I was sick, maybe? Don't these people ever get bored or feel guilty?!

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It seems Maci relies on Taylor a lot to tend to the kids when they are not in daycare. Didn't she just tell Taylor a few episodes back she was glad he was home so he could discipline the kids? Taylor has the morning AND evening shift. What the fuck does Maci do other than down her beers? 

Being hung over and sleeping in until 11:30 a.m. is one thing when Bentley was spending visitation time with Jen and Larry. But Maci can't even be a full-time mom to the kids she has with Taylor. 

Maybe Maci's storyline next season will be her turn at rehab. She'll finally admit she has a problem and get lots and lots of camera time agonizing over it, then go to vacation rehab. Why should Cate and Butch have all the fun? 

Gary was already working full time as a CNA when we first met him, way back when Amber was a gross, repulsive 16 year old. So even though he was rough around the edges, he knew how to set a goal and achieve it, even then. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I thought at some point he quit his job to run TTM? Anybody know?

All I can say is, I would be bored AF if all I did was sleep while my husband watched the kids and then spend all day not working, not going to school, and not taking care of my multiple children. I can see that being fun for a few days or when I was sick, maybe? Don't these people ever get bored or feel guilty?!

Perhaps the Bud Lights keep Maci from having a case of the guilts.

I don't know if anyone caught something else Taylor said on the Nessa special by Taylor. Nessa asked him a question about something, I don't remember. He responded with something about the last time he and Maci flew out for the reunion special and they brought the kids along. He happened to say they brought a nanny for the kids.

Maci wanting to adopt kids (does anyone actually believe this story line?) has me wondering why? She doesn't spend time with the ones she has already. Is she trying to be like that woman, Jackie Siegel, who has numerous children, but leaves them to be tended to by the staff and nannies?

Amber's cousin - I don't have a black heart, but I had no sympathy for her situation. When she stood there and tried to paint herself as a victim, I was laughing. Crystal said she had talked to this guy every single day for three months. Reading between the lines it sounded as if she was trying to say it wasn't a one-night-stand nor was it any sort of booty-call relationship. It was serious.

Hearing Crystal drop the F bombs so easily in front of her children and venting in front of them about her ill-fated attempt at having her former love work on her car was all kinds of wrong and disgraceful.

Has anyone noticed how Andrew dresses? He wears what appears to be a suit jacket over a t-shirt. He also wears some cheap-looking tennis shoes. I am still trying to figure out what kind of pants he is wearing.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Gary was already working full time as a CNA when we first met him, way back when Amber was a gross, repulsive 16 year old. So even though he was rough around the edges, he knew how to set a goal and achieve it, even then. 

I think Amber probably was a gross 16 year old, but when Leah was born Amber was actually 18 1/2!  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I don't know if anyone caught something else Taylor said on the Nessa special by Taylor. Nessa asked him a question about something, I don't remember. He responded with something about the last time he and Maci flew out for the reunion special and they brought the kids along. He happened to say they brought a nanny for the kids.

Maci wanting to adopt kids (does anyone actually believe this story line?) has me wondering why? She doesn't spend time with the ones she has already. Is she trying to be like that woman, Jackie Siegel, who has numerous children, but leaves them to be tended to by the staff and nannies?

Amber's cousin - I don't have a black heart, but I had no sympathy for her situation. When she stood there and tried to paint herself as a victim, I was laughing. Crystal said she had talked to this guy every single day for three months. Reading between the lines it sounded as if she was trying to say it wasn't a one-night-stand nor was it any sort of booty-call relationship. It was serious.

Hearing Crystal drop the F bombs so easily in front of her children and venting in front of them about her ill-fated attempt at having her former love work on her car was all kinds of wrong and disgraceful.

Has anyone noticed how Andrew dresses? He wears what appears to be a suit jacket over a t-shirt. He also wears some cheap-looking tennis shoes. I am still trying to figure out what kind of pants he is wearing.

I watched the after show & heard him say “nanny” as well. 

I can make a truck driver blush when I want to, but I really watch my mouth around kids! Even when I’m pissed about something in public, and I want to drop the F bomb or even an innocuous “thanks for nothing, asshole”, I refrain. It’s just crude and lewd.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I don't know what percentage of her time Maci spends with her kids, but she does seem to me like a hands-on mother who enjoys her kids, which is a lot more than I can say about some of the other cast members.  Actually, all of the other cast members, now that I think about it--Amber (obviously), Cate (who I think loves Nova but isn't a particularly good mother), and Farrah (whose relationship with Sofia troubles me in several respects).  Maci FTW!  Ugh.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, neece26 said:

Exactly.  Love her or hate her, Farrah was trainwreck TV and brought the WTF factor on a weekly basis which at least kept things interesting lol   The other three are just plain boring - Cate and Amber are blobs and Maci is just dull.   When characters like Amber's cousin Krystal and Tylers sister are getting expanded story lines, we have reached the point that the show is circling the drain.

Might be a good time to pull the plug on the whole thing and let the 9 year olds grow up out of the spotlight through their tween years.   The adults would be forced to find real jobs and MTV could check back in on them in 5 years or so for an update.  

Yes! I feel like they have to push Krystal into the mix now because there's nothing interesting. There comes a time where a show needs to end, this is it...

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, Bridget said:

I can make a truck driver blush when I want to, but I really watch my mouth around kids! Even when I’m pissed about something in public, and I want to drop the F bomb or even an innocuous “thanks for nothing, asshole”, I refrain. It’s just crude and lewd.

I heard the "nanny" reference as well. It must be nice to not have to care for your kids. What a lush. 

I know what you mean. I make sure any cuss words are not said in the presence of children. The ease with how these people just curse in front of their kids and on camera makes me cringe. Maci, Amber, Cate, and Kail are disgusting with how they just say the F word in front of their kids. I am sure when Bud Light is flowing through Maci (which seems to be 24-7), it only heightens the use of such words. 

Who will MTV bring on next to fill in the Farrah gap? First, it was Amber 2.0. Now we have Krystal. Might as well bring back Jeff. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I know what you mean. I make sure any cuss words are not said in the presence of children. The ease with how these people just curse in front of their kids and on camera makes me cringe. Maci, Amber, Cate, and Kail are disgusting with how they just say the F word in front of their kids. I am sure when Bud Light is flowing through Maci (which seems to be 24-7), it only heightens the use of such words. 

Who will MTV bring on next to fill in the Farrah gap? First, it was Amber 2.0. Now we have Krystal. Might as well bring back Jeff. 

My coworkers crack up b/c it's become second nature to exclaim "OH SUGAR!"  or "WHAT THE FRICK!!"  they're like, we can handle it, go ahead, SAY IT...but I got so used to fake-swearing.  they call it "mom-swearing."

NO MORE RANDOS!!  I like the idea of either combining the two or getting an alum (like Whitney or that train-wrecky Nikkole chick...she's kinda thirsty but I'd watch her...) but like we're all saying, these girls are getting older, the new blood (Y & P) seem to be hitting the spot, and I don't see it lasting much longer.  it's crazy that it's lasted longer than The Hills or Jersey Shore did, isn't it?

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, teapot said:

My coworkers crack up b/c it's become second nature to exclaim "OH SUGAR!"  or "WHAT THE FRICK!!"  they're like, we can handle it, go ahead, SAY IT...but I got so used to fake-swearing.  they call it "mom-swearing."

NO MORE RANDOS!!  I like the idea of either combining the two or getting an alum (like Whitney or that train-wrecky Nikkole chick...she's kinda thirsty but I'd watch her...) but like we're all saying, these girls are getting older, the new blood (Y & P) seem to be hitting the spot, and I don't see it lasting much longer.  it's crazy that it's lasted longer than The Hills or Jersey Shore did, isn't it?

For me it is, "Oh crap!" or "What the font??"  

Well, the Jersey Shore has come back. lol  

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

For me it is, "Oh crap!" or "What the font??"  

Well, the Jersey Shore has come back. lol  

I have learned/trained myself to instantly mouth the cuss words instead of saying them while I’m speaking. I use my regular voice and every time I want to drop a F bomb or something else as equally gratifying, I simply mouth the word(s) and continue my sentence. The person to whom I am speaking knows exactly what I am really saying, but I know the little (or adult) ears that might be listening won’t hear it. 

I know parents who cuss around their kids and say “my kids know not to those words”, but I personally think it’s a bad habit to consistently pepper verbal thoughts with tons of four letter words. An occasional “oh shit!” if you drop/break something is totally normal (to me). However, because we are products of our environment, I can’t stand it when I hear the F word or “bitch” or anything else used as every other word that comes out of the mouths of students (both middle & high school aged). Many of them are just as “programmed” to drop four letter words for every other word as often as they use “like” - and it makes my ears bleed!

Edited by Bridget
Word salad is never ok. Typing on a phone is hard.
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don’t know.  My dream job is to be a stay at home dog mom and rewatch the Sopranos and Breaking Bad all day.

• Love 18
(edited)

@BridgetI totally became a word warrior much to my families chagrin. I cuss like a drunken sailor but if my grand or baby nephews are around I declare it a no cuss zone.  He still wound up dropping a bomb or four but at least they can't blame my ass, this time.

@Jennifersdc I have your job! Pay sucks though. But I make my own hours! Haven't had a kid at home for almost 15 years and my husband just retired over the summer so I'm getting used to HIM being here 24/7. And he still gets up before sunrise. SMH 

Edited by FairyDusted
references matter
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm pretty sure the reaction he couldn't contain was something like "JesusGodLeah, Mackenzie!  You said you were on the pill! I thought I put on a condom.  When I asked you if I did cause I was high and nodded off, so I was unsure, you said I did! What in the world makes you think I want another kid? What makes you think I like kids? Are you slow? What makes you think I like you? I'm going to get a haircut! Then I'm going to the bank!"

LOL, this is spot-on perfection. I actually heard that in his voice! 

• Love 6
On 3/30/2018 at 5:45 PM, GreatKazu said:

What is it that Baby Huey has in his hands that has the words "America" and "Latino" on it? 

amber latino.jpg

Probably the “script” he’s writing in old Matt’s office.

• Love 8
(edited)

All we ever see is that nasty blue robe. He's a perfect slob fit for Amber. And I love me some Pjs and robes. I also love showers so you wouldn't likely catch me in the same thing twice. Though I would actually manage to throw on jeans and cool top for FILMING! 

Edited by FairyDusted
unlike TM I can actually spell....pretty much
  • Love 10
On 4/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, Bridget said:

It was also nice to see @Jennifersdc‘s coat make a second appearance! ? (I have a feelings yours is either green or black.)

Ha! It’s black. Without the tacky zipper by the breast. That’s my sister’s version. She turned me onto it then got annoyed when I found mine after XMas online $75 less than her “great bargain”. I’m pretty sure it’s a Michael Kors.

I have bad luck with reality TV and coats. The annoying girl from the last 90-Day Fiance (like that narrows it down) had literally the exact same embroidered coat I bought at Marshall’s 15 years ago.

Just watched this episode. Took less than 20 minutes after FF (which included watching the bizarre Cousin Krystal parts).

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I don’t know.  My dream job is to be a stay at home dog mom and rewatch the Sopranos and Breaking Bad all day.

My husband literally spent his day binging THIS IS US and eating ice cream. When he commits to a show, he commits.  

• Love 12
On 4/4/2018 at 5:43 PM, SPLAIN said:

I hate when sexism is implied when none exists. It is just criticism towards a particular person that happens to be female. If there is one thing I have noticed around here is that the snark is thrown around equally to everyone regardless of their sex. We don't need policing. Maci's behavior dictates the criticism she receives.

I

Thank you, Splain. I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 3

Do not miss psycho Farrah and her dysfunctional family...that was pure torture watching her berate and humiliate her parents every week...and equally , I do not miss her pathetic excuse for parents. I'm sure Deborah is missing all the attention and cameras following her around. Good riddance to all of them.

I agree with everyone's sentiments about Amber...she's lazy because her family, her brother in particular, did everything for her. That's all she's ever known...people waiting on her, cooking and cleaning for her, allowing her to lay around the house and stay in bed all day if she wants to. She found guys who are too willing to continue to enable this behavior in exchange for free room and board along with lots of spending $$$ and MTV $$$. It's interesting that she was hugging a giant sloth because that what she is...a giant sloth. It would seem that MTV is replacing Farrah with Crystal (what is with these precious mineral names, Amber, Crystal...must be an Indiana thing like having kids out of wedlock).  Amber probably lobbied for her to be on the show since she obviously needs that MTV$$$. 

Cate looks like she's having too much fun at her therapy retreat...I'm sorry, it looks to me like she's using this therapy ranch as vacation away from Nova and her adult responsibilities. How much of her "depression" is really neediness? If they didn't have MTV footing the bill for these fancy mental health retreats she would have to resort to a three-day stay at their local hospital psych ward or a state run facility. Will she and Butch stick to a treatment plan when they get back home or will they relapse and need to go back to the private upscale rehab/mental health facilities that MTV pays for?

Maci and Taylor thinking about adoption is absurd and fake. If they didn't have all this drama with Ryan they would have nothing to film...the adoption angle will be gone by next season . They kind of have their hands full as it is...how about getting what you have through the terrible twos and pre school first before even thinking about bringing an older child with problems and issues into your home. 

• Love 12
22 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

All we ever see is that nasty blue robe. He's a perfect slob fit for Amber. And I love me some Pjs and robes. I also love showers so you wouldn't likely catch me in the same thing twice. Though I would actually manage to throw on jeans and cool top for FILMING! 

Isn't it the same robe he was donning when they traveled to Canada (?), and he was wearing slippers al fresco?

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

If I weren't already married! 

Also, I've not watched an episode of this show in at least two seasons, and still, every picture with Amber in it, I can tell wherever she is absolutely reeks of farts. Like all the time. Either her or her gross mate of the week is just constantly farting from the gross food the eat. Have another bloomin' onion, you jags. 

• Love 9
On 4/4/2018 at 3:25 PM, mamadrama said:

I work throughout the night. I stay up to get the kids ready for school in the morning and then I go to bed. My husband does the chauffeuring and all the "daytime" tasks while I sleep. I wake up when they get home from school. However, my EDS, and the co-morbidities involved, makes me need more sleep than the average person. I sleep, on average, 10 hours per day but sometimes I need a nap. Sometimes simply getting up, getting dressed, and eating a little bit is draining. Sleeping that much makes me feel terrible. I hate it. Then there are days in which I am unable to get out of bed at all because the muscles and joints aren't working. On those days, we usually move the whole household into my bedroom and just set up camp in there so that I can spend time with the kids.  On my "good" days, we take full advantage of whatever I can do-it's like a party for us. We'll go hiking, ride bikes, etc. I don't work on my best days because I'd rather give all that energy to my kids and husband. 

Our household runs this way because it has to. When Hospice approved me for palliative care and a home health nurse, it definitely improved our situation because at least I get most of my care at home now, rather than having to spend 10+ hours at the hospital every week. (Not fun for the kids or for me.) I WANT to be up and moving around and doing stuff with my kids-that's why I literally try every treatment that comes my way and why I am involved in two medical studies at the moment. I have a hard time wrapping my head around Maci and the sleeping all morning on a regular basis. I don't like to be TOO judgmental but if she quit her job to be a stay-at-home mom, then why is she not "moming"? I'd totally give her a pass if there was something else going on, of course. Like maybe one of the kids has trouble sleeping so she gets up and down with them all night and lets Taylor sleep and then they switch off in the morning. (That happened to us when my daughter was having multiple seizures at night.) But, considering her history, I have to think that she's just giving in to her nightly dose of Bud. 

Oh @mamadrama, I know you've written before about your diagnosis and your future, but it's so real when you say "hospice" and "palliative care."

Just, big hugs.  None of these bitches could handle shit like you do. AND you save kittens. Not in the Amber way either.

• Love 15
(edited)

Does anyone think it's weird that April, Tyler's sister, looks like Catelynns mom? For the longest time I thought she looked just like her mom and then I realized that was Butch's second wife not her actual mother.

Are you f-ing kidding me MTV with this Krystal storyline? If you have to scrounge for storylines like this, time to end the show.

Edited by usernameG
  • Love 9

Here's my $0.02 on all the randoms on the show (The Other Amber and Kousin Krystyl):

Someone here on the boards said that a friend of a friend was working as an editor on a show that sounded suspiciously like Teen Mom.  (So sorry that I can't find the post to quote).  That editor said that they were having a hard time trying to find enough footage to make the show.  Add that with Farrah's demise (ding-dong the Ding Dong Witch is dead) and here we are with The Other Amber and Kousin Krystal.  MTV's not trying to add them to the mix as permanent cast, it's just that they have a season to fill.  With Farrah gone and boring (or made up) stories such as Maci, what's a network to do?

That's my theory - YMMV.

• Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, SPLAIN said:

Not to defend a mother of three that sleeps until 11:30 every day (howwwwwwww????? I never slept that late even before kids!) but Taylor seems to be the one leading the charge for more babies.  He's said more than once how he wants more kids and she's seemed very hesitant.  So maybe they have some kind of arrangement happening? Like "I'll give you more kids but I'm not waking up at the crack of dawn (or you know, before noon) with them!" Or something like that. 

I have ZERO sympathy for trashbag Krystl. She said she was friends with this woman before she had a three month affair with her man and got knocked up and was flippant about the fact that she had ZERO remorse.   There's a word for that type of person: a sociopath.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, Bridget said:

Oh yeah, I swear like a sailor all day every day.  But I was mortified the first time I heard my then four year old mutter "Fuck!" when he was mad.  I wanted to laugh but it was actually more disturbing to hear that than I anticipated it would be.   My tongue is raw from biting it so much now.

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, Jennifersdc said:

It sounds good in theory but doing nothing all day can drive most (normal) people insane.  I had to go on maternity leave for a my son a month before he was actually born.  I was practically climbing the walls I was so bored.  Even after both my kids were born and I was on maternity leave, by month 4 I thought I was going to die of boredom.  Before you know it, you'll be laying down on your giant sloth looking like Edie from Grey Gardens, getting in twitter wars with randos on the internet. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, FairyDusted said:

Seriously, who chills in a robe all damn day?  That doesn't seem comfortable.  Robes are for after the shower, before putting on actual clothes.  If you want to be comfy, put on comfy clothes, but get DRESSED for crying out loud. Especially when YOU'RE BEING FILMED FOR TELEVISION.  Gah.

• Love 10

ME! Victorias Secret makes great pjs and robes. I must have 6 robes and and a dresser of pjs. But I'm home all day and get up and shower and switch out;) I do love clothes though so I go all out when I do go out.      

• Love 6