Type keyword(s) to search

Hopes and Fears: How Will We Survive This Island? (Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers)

quarks
  • Start Topic

Just now, jay741982 said:

I wonder what The Bruce Springsteen Song title that will be the episode title for 522? I'm still a bit sad they didn't use Dancing in the Dark last season lol

Tunnel of Love...XD.  Jk, but in taking a wild guess for fun predicting purposes, I'm going to guess "The Rising."

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Tunnel of Love...XD.  Jk, but in taking a wild guess for fun predicting purposes, I'm going to guess "The Rising."

Ooh good one I also was thinking Brilliant Disguise, Born to run(If Olicity is on the run from the law), My Hometown 

Just now, jay741982 said:

Ooh good one I also was thinking Brilliant Disguise, Born to run(If Olicity is on the run from the law), My Hometown 

Ha, I was also going to guess Born to Run in case of a running from the law plot, along with the whole randomness of the title like This is Your Sword and Lost in the Flood kind of were. I only picked The Rising since the lyrics screamed this s5 plot to me, even though they never really pick these songs for their lyrics or applicability really.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Couldn't Barry get one thing right and erase this kid from existence? Dammit, Larry!

I don't ever want Spawn on the show long term. If he has to be mentioned at all, I hope it's sparingly, and whatever happens with Chase doesn't make Oliver decide he needs to be in the kid's life. Or, if he must, it better happen in Off-Screenville. 

No because he has a penis :( Now if love child had been a girl, then BA erasing him probably would have been a possibility.

I don't personally agree with this philosophy but it's been shown on Flarrowverse that boys are more important than girls.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bmoore4026 said:

Guess I'm the only one who thinks Star City is going to get destroyed and/or Oliver getting arrested at the season finale.

Right now Star City doesn't actually seem to be the target, except for Chase trying to do a takeover from within (though when not plotting psychotic revenge, he seems like a competent leader).  If the show had actually pushed the theme that Oliver's first love was the City, I could see Chase targeting it randomly to punish him and I guess he did with the Throwing Star Killer, but at this point he seems to have narrowed his focus to a more intimate level with the kidnapping.

I suppose if the team starts to win against him he could resort to trying to destroy the city so that even if Oliver defeats him, he loses.  I mean, it really wouldn't be Star City if there wasn't some epic near disaster in May.  (Seriously, schools and businesses should just shut down for the month)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

it really wouldn't be Star City if there wasn't some epic near disaster in May.  (Seriously, schools and businesses should just shut down for the month)

My hope is that one May, everyone in Star City just leaves. For the entire month. So when it comes time for the annual season finale battle, it's just the team vs the bad guys. And they just show the empty streets and closed shops around them. 

• Love 6

I personally think it would be funny if they started selling tickets to the epic bad guys fight as a fundraiser to repair the damage and rebuild the city. Maybe they should just build a stadium for it to happen in, it would certainly minimize the destruction.

• Love 5

I hope that Felicity takes over Helix. She might need to take it down and then build it back up but it could help her set up Smoak Inc. and it could help in TAs "crime" fighting. Maybe even help the Justice League? Although I don't know much about that. Not much of a comic person.

Edited by BunsenBurner
leaving out a word is a bad idea
  • Love 1

I just had a (crazy?) idea.  What if Vigilante is... Walter Steele?

While we may assume that his absence from Thea's life stems from the often repeated idea that only the poor or stupid would still live in Star City at this point, what if Moira's death set him off on his rage spiral and training?  He has the money for all that hardware.  He is tall enough.  The actor played a real badass on " Limitless."

I'd prefer him to Pike.  I miss Walter!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I just had a (crazy?) idea.  What if Vigilante is... Walter Steele?

While we may assume that his absence from Thea's life stems from the often repeated idea that only the poor or stupid would still live in Star City at this point, what if Moira's death set him off on his rage spiral and training?  He has the money for all that hardware.  He is tall enough.  The actor played a real badass on " Limitless."

I'd prefer him to Pike.  I miss Walter!

I thought about that.early on. That would be pretty fun

• Love 2

Remind me again is the Vigilante a good or bad guy???

I would love to have Walter Steele back. But I only want him as a good guy.

Interesting for me, I think I have more hopes than fears for s6. I wonder if it's because I'm more optimistic today or if my expectations have dropped so far that not much to fear at this point.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Vigilante is a bad guy because he kills indiscriminately.  Good/innocent people too.

Thanks... alrighty then back to my original head-canon of Thea & Walter are together offscreen on nice holiday right now.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Vigilante is a bad guy because he kills indiscriminately.  Good/innocent people too.

Does he?  I thought the only good people he'd attacked was Team Arrow.

Wikia doesn't mention any innocents, though I thought there were some gunned down. I was surprised to see he was actually only in two episodes, one of which I didn't even watch.

I think trying to shoot Mayor Queen, who he doesn't know is the Green Arrow, counts as attacking good people.

I thought one of the reasons that Oliver went after Vigilante was because some innocent people got caught in his fire.  But I admit I didn't pay a whole lot of close attention to the 5A episodes.  Zzzzzzzzz

• Love 2
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think trying to shoot Mayor Queen, who he doesn't know is the Green Arrow, counts as attacking good people.

I thought one of the reasons that Oliver went after Vigilante was because some innocent people got caught in his fire.  But I admit I didn't pay a whole lot of close attention to the 5A episodes.  Zzzzzzzzz

Oh you are most likely right.  A good chunk of the earlier episodes just wasn't interesting enough for me to actually remember. When he was targeting Mayor Queen, he at least thought that he was corrupt.  It was IMO a weak reason to attack the Limo which included you are totally right, innocent people like the driver (yay, he survived!) Thea and their police protection.  I was thinking you originally meant he specifically was going after innocents as opposed to just didn't care who got hurt in the crossfire.  

No, I meant he didn't care who got hurt as long as he did his "job".  This show keeps banging on about how good vigilantes make sure that the only people they hurt are bad guys.  (See:  Bratva, ep 5x18)  And even then they're not supposed to kill them if they can help it.  Vigilante uses his guns to make a clean sweep.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't really know where to put this.

I only began watching Arrow because of Eli Stone, JB and CD but mainly because of Eli Stone. I have to admit that towards the end of the 2nd season of Eli Stone it started to drag in the writing. I just wonder if Guggie  & co. just can't write anything after a 2nd season. This repeating of the same theme over and over again is just ridiculous and more importantly boring. I can't watch any show that has Berlanti or Guggie behind it anymore because I don't trust the results. Have to admit as well that Eli Stone is the only show I've watched with Berlanti & Guggie as a part of it. I won't make that mistake again.

I also don't think that Guggie should go to any of the cons because he does such a disservice to himself and to the shows he represents. Could he also have too many irons in the fire? Is he bored with Arrow?

Edited by BunsenBurner
changed my mind
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

I don't really know where to put this.

I only began watching Arrow because of Eli Stone, JB and CD but mainly because of Eli Stone. I have to admit that towards the end of the 2nd season of Eli Stone it started to drag in the writing. I just wonder if Guggie  & co. just can't write anything after a 2nd season. This repeating of the same theme over and over again is just ridiculous and more importantly boring. I can't watch any show that has Berlanti or Guggie behind it anymore because I don't trust the results. Have to admit as well that Eli Stone is the only show I've watched with Berlanti & Guggie as a part of it. I won't make that mistake again.

I also don't think that Guggie should go to any of the cons because he does such a disservice to himself and to the shows he represents. Could he also have too many irons in the fire? Is he bored with Arrow?

I like to pretend there only was one season of Eli Stone.  (And that's the only DVD I own)  It IMO has the perfect ending.  

I do wish that they'd skipped doing the Autism comes from vaccines angle, it comes close to ruining the first episode.  That still frustrates me but at the time I  got how they might not have heard all the debunking of that initial report.  

Though truth be told, after five years of Arrow and all the other shows, now I'm more inclined to think they knew and didn't care because the truth didn't serve their plot, lol.

And I do think MG is sort of bored with Arrow.  At least since all the criticism hit last season with the BMD that he STILL is trying to justify.  Maybe if/when Olicity comes back and a certain vocal part of the fandom starts praising him again, he'll feel more joy in Arrow.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I believe the writer's strike had an effect on the 2nd season of Eli Stone as well as with whatever season Chuck was in.

I was wrong before when I said none of the first year shows of the writers strike survived past season two (oops, that was posted in a different thread) but I do still blame the writer's strike for why Chuck never became the hit that I think it would have been had the strike not cut the first season short.  Every season it got after that was by sheer will, luck or the fandom buying a lot of Subway sandwiches.  I really think it would have had so much more support if not for the writer's strike.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I was wrong before when I said none of the first year shows of the writers strike survived past season two (oops, that was posted in a different thread) but I do still blame the writer's strike for why Chuck never became the hit that I think it would have been had the strike not cut the first season short.  Every season it got after that was by sheer will, luck or the fandom buying a lot of Subway sandwiches.  I really think it would have had so much more support if not for the writer's strike.  

I blame NBC, they really don't know how to nurture a new show. Also it was a hour long comedy/spy show, it's a unique hybrid that requires far more finesse than NBC's PR wheelhouse. It should have been a hit, but I'm grateful for the time I had with the show. I loved the show, but in the end I think it played out just the right amount of seasons and every season finale that was almost a series finale I think really pushed the writers, actors & TPTB to think out of the box. As much as I could have watched season upon season of Chuck & co, they were fumbling a little to create new plot lines. However, I do think though that show was also perfect for a reunion movie.

• Love 3

I just ran across this and if Arrow ever does a parallel universe or Earth 28 episode, I'd like it to be this:

An alternate version of Arrow season 1 where all the lies that Oliver tells Felicity are true and he really is just a very nice, somewhat incompetent, eccentric billionaire, who does things like put energy drinks in syringe, or have an elaborate scavenger hunt with a friend that accidentally gets him involved with a private security company committing armed robbery, or spills a latte on his laptop and then gets that laptop mixed up with someone else’s and then somehow gets that laptop shot full of bullet holes, but all the while he’s just trying to make friends and avoid responsibility. 

https://cogentranting.tumblr.com/post/159142853648/an-alternate-version-of-arrow-season-1-where-all

• Love 8

Saw some spoilery stuff come across my Twitter regarding MG's tumblr responses in response to 520. And from what I've seen accidentally on Twitter and here when stuff seeps through despite spoiler tags, I really hope 520 lives up to everybody's hopes. I'm truly skeptical of the show's ability to deliver these days. But also traditionally the 20th episodes have always been some of the best of the seasons.

• Love 1

Arrow just makes it easier and easier to break up with it. I hope this trend continues. As it stands they are a few months early on dropping "exciting" news that makes me lose interest. At this rate, it will be a rather banal summer for Arrow.

I would say that a few months ago I would have been bitter. But now I'm more hopeful because I won't honestly feel like I'm missing anything.

Now that I've heard EBR sing I want an episode where they need to go undercover somewhere and she's forced to sing. Brownie points if they have shots of Oliver hearing her and looking smitten "My girl is a genius and can sing as well."

If we can't have a musical episode I want this!!!!!! They used to do it all the time in Hart of Dixie! The cast were always singing.

I think EBR has a very pretty, melodic voice, but I'm not convinced she could pull off a lounge singer when even MB from Supergirl IMO flopped in the Flash musical crossover.  

Maybe instead of her going undercover they could just have her happily signing in the shower.   Insert Oliver interrupting.

Or  They could turn it into some fight scene or a stunt where she has to jump out the window only wearing a shower curtain.  

• Love 5
On 2017-5-19 at 11:59 AM, BkWurm1 said:

I think EBR has a very pretty, melodic voice, but I'm not convinced she could pull off a lounge singer when even MB from Supergirl IMO flopped in the Flash musical crossover.  

Maybe instead of her going undercover they could just have her happily signing in the shower.   Insert Oliver interrupting.

Or  They could turn it into some fight scene or a stunt where she has to jump out the window only wearing a shower curtain.  

Ding ding ding we have a winner! Especially with the 9pm timeslot!

She's got a very pretty voice though they really need to do something to get her to sing for a bit. 

• Love 1

This is your Season 6 Wishlist.  What would you like to see next season?  Who do you want to stay?  To go?  What would you want to see happen?  What would you sacrifice children to demons to prevent happening?  Whatever it is, let it hang out here.

For me, I'd like to see a bit of a return to basics.  Even though I like Curtis, Rene, Dinah and Thea, I kind of wish we could ship them off to some other show.  Maybe an incarnation of The Outsiders or something like Agents of ARGUS.  With Oliver, Felicity, John, Quentin and the above four, that's just a buttload of characters splitting script time.  And Black Siren is also going to be a regular, too? 

And because there's a crapload of good people, there'll need to be high-end opposition, too.  And that'll go either Super-powerful bad guy (Season 4) and Bad guy making everybody else seem stupid/incompetent (Season 5).  But with a smaller core group of Oliver, John and Felicity with Quentin maybe getting his police job back, the opposition can be scaled down a little as well.

I liked the returns of Slade and Nyssa but I really don't want them permanently joining the team.  Samantha and William can go away now, too.  Maybe to a different Earth.  They kind of have that option now.

• Love 1

I really want Myson and mom to move to Australia forever, Felicity and Dig to have their own arcs, the newbies to stay in the background and more Delicity scenes because they have the best friendship damn it.

Also a really good villain played by a strong actor/actress. Josh set the bar high.

• Love 7
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I really want Myson and mom to move to Australia forever,

Samantha can marry Slade (Deathmama? Babystroke? Slademantha? Clayson?) and move to Australia with William. Then Oliver doesn't have to worry anymore because Slade won't kill his own step kid for revenge but also he can teach the kid stranger danger and street smarts just like he taught Oliver. And we will never have to see them again until the series finale when he returns fully trained and SORASED into a new actor. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Shouldn't this all just be in Hopes and Fears, the Spoiler free speculation thread?  

I thought about it, but this really is a different thread.  Hopes and Fears is what people think/expect/guess will happen.  This thread is just about what you flat-out want to happen (or not to happen) regardless of how likely/reasonable those desires are.  I don't expect the show to ship Thea, Dinah, Curtis and Rene off to another program, but I'd really like that to happen to open up more script/characters space for the main four/five.  Likewise, it's not like Leopardprint's wish for Slade to marry Samantha and take her and spawn to Australia is actually going to happen, but damn it'd be nice if it did.  Hell, maybe Nyssa can marry Samantha.  Figure after Oliver and Chase, she's sick of dudes and that way William can have two mommies, one of whom is a deadly baddass.

1 hour ago, johntfs said:

I thought about it, but this really is a different thread.  Hopes and Fears is what people think/expect/guess will happen.  This thread is just about what you flat-out want to happen (or not to happen) regardless of how likely/reasonable those desires are.  I don't expect the show to ship Thea, Dinah, Curtis and Rene off to another program, but I'd really like that to happen to open up more script/characters space for the main four/five.  Likewise, it's not like Leopardprint's wish for Slade to marry Samantha and take her and spawn to Australia is actually going to happen, but damn it'd be nice if it did.  Hell, maybe Nyssa can marry Samantha.  Figure after Oliver and Chase, she's sick of dudes and that way William can have two mommies, one of whom is a deadly baddass.

Nyssa does not deserve that, but Slade killed Moira and brought Isabel Rochev to town so this can be his penance. 

I want double dates with Olicity and Dyla at least every other episode, and an Olicity wedding. Dig can arrange the bachelor party, where he can show everyone the Olicity scrap book he's been working on since season one. 

• Love 3

Crazy wishes.

I want Diggle to have a day job.  Even if it's just part time at Argus as a guard that can't actually be bribed.  

I want Felicity and Thea to become best friends.  Full on BFFs.  Shopping trips.  Manny Petties.  Braiding hair.  But most of all, I want them to TALK about their lives.  

And let's send Thea to college.  Or let her open another club.  Some kind of business. Just something that's hers to do. 

I also want everyone on the show on the penalty of face tattoos, promise NEVER to out Oliver to the general public.  Unless Barry will undo time.  

• Love 10

I vote for a club for Thea so that the team has a place to hang out. Or to switch it up and since Big Belly is no more, maybe a restaurant or a bistro. Mayor Queen could maybe cook for you in fundraising event.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, bijoux said:

I vote for a club for Thea so that the team has a place to hang out. Or to switch it up and since Big Belly is no more, maybe a restaurant or a bistro. Mayor Queen could maybe cook for you in fundraising event.

I think they tried to sort of replicate the feel of Thea running Verdant when they had her in the Mayor's office but they IMO chose a weird path by making her afraid of her Moira-ness.  I really wish they'd have let her do these more shady things behind the scenes without anyone ever questioning who she was becoming.  

The characters don't have to be saints.  They already live in the grey with taking the law into their own hands.  Why not let Thea play with the greater good in some other capacity than behind a mask?  Why is it only ok breaking the rules the way Oliver does?  

I wish the show runners understood how much I loved Thea getting to show off her more cunning side.  It's what made Moira in season one such a scary force, one you believed capable of anything that NEEDS to be done.  It's compelling and could have made Thea a force all on her own, one to rival Oliver, but instead the show runners slapped her hands and sent Thea away to think about how bad she'd been.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think they tried to sort of replicate the feel of Thea running Verdant when they had her in the Mayor's office but they IMO chose a weird path by making her afraid of her Moira-ness.  I really wish they'd have let her do these more shady things behind the scenes without anyone ever questioning who she was becoming.  

The characters don't have to be saints.  They already live in the grey with taking the law into their own hands.  Why not let Thea play with the greater good in some other capacity than behind a mask?  Why is it only ok breaking the rules the way Oliver does?  

I wish the show runners understood how much I loved Thea getting to show off her more cunning side.  It's what made Moira in season one such a scary force, one you believed capable of anything that NEEDS to be done.  It's compelling and could have made Thea a force all on her own, one to rival Oliver, but instead the show runners slapped her hands and sent Thea away to think about how bad she'd been.

Yep. And I thought that was where they were going with Susan's first episode. Then ... nope. Susan's such a good person and reporter and Thea has to keep leaving and what she did was oh so wrong because Oliver said so. 

I just hope that if we have to deal with Thea leaving at multiple points during the season that it makes sense story-wise. Don't have her at a conference when no time has passed (like 509-510). Don't have her not return after her brother has been tortured for a week. Etc. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I did not like what they did with Thea in S3 because they built the entire season around her but she had no agency whatsoever. 

I really liked the turnaround for her character in S4, I loved Speedy, I liked that she got involved with Oliver's campaign, and I even liked her friendship with Laurel. (I choose to blame her horrible advice as a side effect of the Lazarus Pit ok) 

In S5, I think the Chief of Staff storyline could have gone somewhere, like she's the actual brains of the office while Oliver is off manpaining somewhere, but then it fizzled out due to BTS issues or they forgot about her and she was just something else for him to feel guilty about. Her having a showdown with an aggressive reporter would have been a great storyline for her and Lance. Another way to save the city.

My hopes for her in S6 is that she gets an actual storyline in the Mayor's office even if it's shared with Lance. She goes back to the lair even in a non combat capacity and that she does not date Rene or babysit the boychild. Let her embrace her inner Moira! It's better than her inner Merlyn, show!

OMG, forget Oliver, I want her to work with Felicity on Smoak Tech. I'm saying Felicity, Curtis and Thea, a totally slept upon trio. Curtis is much more tolerable as Felicity's straight man as well.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
(edited)

Honestly now that Rene and Dinah are regulars I don't see why they can't develop a romance? I mean I think Dinah's too much woman for him but I buy them as a couple more then Rene Thea or Dinah Diggle.

Plus Rene I could buy calling someone "Pretty Bird" (yay comic canon) as a  pet name more then Oliver who rarely even called Felicity affectionate pet names.  I thought I noticed a little spark with his "Sing Canary" moment. 

Edited by LeighAn

Dinah is like the most professional and mature of the bunch after Diggle, I don't see her dating Rene. I also don't see her tolerating him manpaining about his kid, she'd be like "stop whining and call the social worker, FFS".

He does love his nicknames, though. ?

S6 Rene needs to focus on his kid and not calling people Hoss. 

• Love 4