Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Sarah's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, WillowG said:

I would sleep through the whole starving month.

I bet I could binge watch Sean Bean on Netflix for 30 days, eat a pint of Halo Top 3x a day (nothing else) and still lose weight.   Wait... I have a lot of vacation time....  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I'm doing 1200-1400 calories a day.  Sarah's doing 1200 and eating carrot sticks.  As I mentioned earlier, I had a big mess o'zucchini zoodles with peppers & sauce. I had a big salad for lunch and eggs & veg sausage for breakfast. Not a carrot in sight, nor do I feel deprived. None of these people learn about low calorie, nutrient dense, volumetric food. They complain about suffering because they are suffering. Who wants to, or feels they can, eat like that the rest of their lives?  As I get older, I know I don't need a ton of calories, but that doesn't mean I can't have interesting, tasty, filling food.

That's not totally true.  They often show episodes with nutritionists working (or trying to work) with the patients.  Plus, I assume most of these people are not "foodies" since their typical meals consist of fast food, frozen dinners and highly processed food.  If Sarah needs to eat carrots and hummus to stay within her calories and is able to do so, then props to her.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, WillowG said:

I can't even do mushroom soup and green beans at Thanksgiving, God Save the Queen.?

My mom used to make baked chicken with cream of mushroom soup which was then turned into a gravy. It's the only way I ever would have eaten anything mushroom as a kid (or now, for that matter). I liked the gravy but the bits of mushroom were always pushed to the edge of my plate.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, WillowG said:

I can't even do mushroom soup and green beans at Thanksgiving, God Save the Queen.?

Oh God. Green bean casserole is the devils work. My first encounter with it was my first Thanksgiving dinner with my in laws. Yuck. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Why get her all settled into the bed with the hair covered and all if they haven't even checked her weight yet?

Once again another example of continuity problems......

• Love 2
Just now, AnnaBanana said:

That's not totally true.  They often show episodes with nutritionists working (or trying to work) with the patients.  Plus, I assume most of these people are not "foodies" since their typical meals consist of fast food, frozen dinners and highly processed food.  If Sarah needs to eat carrots and hummus to stay within her calories and is able to do so, then props to her.

They just never seem happy about the 'healthy' food. Sarah wasn't happy with her choice. That's what I was getting at. If people aren't happy, they aren't going to stick with it. There's more to this than just dieting down to get the surgery. I was on a bariatric FB page for almost a year (decided against the surgery). Long term, people who do not find a way to enjoy what they can eat, eat what made them happy, and regain the weight. I saw it all of the time.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Who on earth green lighted the Chappaquidick movie? What’s the point?

Right?  Why is that even a thing?  Is it because most of the Kennedys are dead now?  Even if it shows that he was negligent in killing her, he's dead, she's dead, most of her family is probably dead.  I think most of us suspect that he did it. 

• Love 10

Oh, look, here's Heather who still looks like she'd rather be burning in a volcano than be with these people.

Just now, aliya said:

They just never seem happy about the 'healthy' food. Sarah wasn't happy with her choice. That's what I was getting at. If people aren't happy, they aren't going to stick with it. There's more to this than just dieting down to get the surgery. I was on a bariatric FB page for almost a year (decided against the surgery). Long term, people who do not find a way to enjoy what they can eat, eat what made them happy, and regain the weight. I saw it all of the time.

It takes time to to adjust to the taste of real food when all you've eaten for years is fast food and processed garbage.  Also, like you said, they enjoy their junk and get all their comfort in life from it.  Some of them don't really want to give that up.

• Love 5

I call TLC manufactured bullshit! No way way are they gonna prep you and THEN weigh you to see if you qualify for surgery.

Ahhh one last piece of melodrama from her by saying she's afraid she's not going to make it to her sister and grandmother.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Correcting the auto correct.
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I absolutely agree.  It's all about a mindset shift and not looking at the diet as some sort of punishment or short-term situation.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kvv9862 said:

Damn this episode is boring. Absolutely nothing has happened. When “tater tot casserole” is the hot topic on this board you know the story sucked. 

When they don’t get surgery until 9:52 it’s inevitably boring. 

• Love 9

Doesn't look like mom "got with the program" at all.

Why do they always have to explain the surgery.  Dr. Now says the same thing - shows the part of the stomach they remove.

At least she doesn't have any nasty lymphedema (or maggots for that matter)

• Love 7
Just now, 88Keys said:
4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, look, here's Heather who still looks like she'd rather be burning in a volcano than be with these people.

Can you blame her?

Not at all! If I were Heather, I'd have stayed home.

Just now, Leemah said:

Skin Tight commercial “the lose skin is preventing me from being a good role model for my daughter” that is the stupidest comment I’ve ever heard!!

I can't watch that show. 

• Love 5
Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

Is it wrong that I’d rather have Duggar commercials than Little People ones? (I’d really rather have none of the above but that isn’t an option.)

Duggars, Little People, or Sister Wives? Decisions, decisions...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I totally get the scared about the surgery part. I'm the same way. I hate being put out. I fall apart the same way Sarah did. I can't snark on her for that. 

And Dr Now was right. That was a huge stomach. 

• Love 5

Is it wrong that I’d rather have Duggar commercials than Little People ones? (I’d really rather have none of the above but that isn’t an option.)

I’m terrified of “little people” I know it’s stupid but I am.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm with ya.  I'm so over the Little People (how much more can these two milk their story).  Hell, I'd rather see the Sister Wives instead of the Little People.
That man (his name escapes me) is insufferable.

5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Winnah winnah, a big ol' 7X size pair of Gasoline Soaked Drawers for you tonight Giant Misfit!!!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, junip said:

Green bean casserole is better with cream of chicken instead of mushroom.

Campbell’s makes cream of chicken AND mushroom.  All your trash food needs in one can.  Not that I would know...lol

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Duggars, Little People, or Sister Wives? Decisions, decisions...

Now there's an idea for another TLC crossover show.  They could have a 600 lb, little person that is a polygamist.

• Love 10