Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

So, there's a rumor floating around out there that the role of Pat Spencer has been cast with Dee Wallace (the Mom from ET and Cujo fame).

If this is indeed true, she'd better get a scene with Carly.  Just so I can snicker.

• Love 2

Ava should be thrown back into jail the minute she shows her face in town. Her murder rap haven't been magically waved away like Sonny's.

Ava hasn't been convicted of anything. There's been no trial. I could see the flimsy evidence getting dismissed. She's not going back to jail. If everyone else is going to be walking around, she should too.

If Ava and Sonny both lose custody I'm sure they will end up getting married in an attempt to prove they're fit parents.

I don't see this happening, since it's pretty obvious they're going to pair Ava with Silas. If they don't, he has no function and ceases to exist, save for being Kiki's father. He literally has zero storyline without Ava.

• Love 1

I don't see this happening, since it's pretty obvious they're going to pair Ava with Silas. If they don't, he has no function and ceases to exist, save for being Kiki's father. He literally has zero storyline without Ava.

If Sonny and Ava got married it would only be a marriage of convenience. Carly/Sonny and Ava/Silas could still happen, it would just have to be kept a secret from the court. If Silas/Ava doesn't happen Silas could potentially be put back in Nina's orbit, especially if Kiki turns out to be coma baby.

If Sonny and Ava got married it would only be a marriage of convenience. Carly/Sonny and Ava/Silas could still happen, it would just have to be kept a secret from the court. If Silas/Ava doesn't happen Silas could potentially be put back in Nina's orbit, especially if Kiki turns out to be coma baby.

Kill me now if there ever is a MOC with Ava and Sonny. It's bad enough she's stuck with Silas, but I guess he's not repulsive. Just kind of an ass and boring beyond all measure. I definitely don't think Kiki is ever turning out to be coma baby. That ship has sailed.

• Love 2
(edited)

If that rumor is true, color me shocked that TG isn't playing Pat. 

As for the possibility of an Ava/Sonny marriage to get custody, I can't see it.  Ava would be smarter to marry Silas and go for custody with him.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 1
As for the possibility of an Ava/Sonny marriage to get custody, I can't see it.  Ava would be smarter to marry Silas and go for custody with him.

While not marrying Sonny is always the smarter choice, he and Ava are (for the time being) the bio parents, and being married would present a united front. 

But Sonny loves his kids! That's gotta give him a bunch of bonus points, at least in Port Charles where mobsters are almost always considered the best choice for raising children.

• Love 5
(edited)

Silas and Ava will drag MW down into a morass of boredom with ME for years to come, if that's their plan - trying to use her popularity to keep him viable, just because FV stubbornly refuses to let any of his former stars go. It's also hardly a recipe for future success for Maura West and Ava. It will ruin her far more than Ava murdering Connie, which is business as usual for a mob queen.

Dee Wallace is a genre legend (to say nothing of being E.T.'s Mom) who is waaaayyyy too good for the current GH, but I will enjoy seeing her if she appears. That being said, she was pretty young even in the '70s - maybe a contemporary of Tony Geary's or Jackie Zeman. In fact, Geary is both physically (as in, 67 to her 65) as well as very visibly older (i.e., he currently looks like the Crypt Keeper).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

If there's any MOC going on, it looks like it will be between Michael and Sabrina, as he has a "proposal" for her. Now it could mean just a favor, but it did say the custody hearing takes an unexpected turn.

• Love 3
(edited)

If there's any MOC going on, it looks like it will be between Michael and Sabrina, as he has a "proposal" for her. Now it could mean just a favor, but it did say the custody hearing takes an unexpected turn.

Why am I excited for this? Why do I like Michael/Sabrina? Someone please help me!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ava hasn't been convicted of anything. There's been no trial. I could see the flimsy evidence getting dismissed. She's not going back to jail. If everyone else is going to be walking around, she should too.

Thanks for pointing it all out. All of the reasons why Ava is one of the biggest flaws on this goddamn show. 

Just because everyone who should be is out of jail, doesn't mean she shouldn't serve her term. It compounds the issue of PC being overrun by villeins. The lack of trail is also another glaring example of a too large cast, there simply isn't enough time to play out a storyline beat by beat as it should.

It is not her fault, personally. But she is a example of why GH is unwatchable these days.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 6
(edited)
FV stubbornly refuses to let any of his former stars go.

I think Silas is the problem, not ME. ME clicked really well as McBain, but that train has sailed. It's clear Ron doesn't want to write for the hospital unless it's about sick children, and Avery's life-threatening illness is still a few months away, so Silas is treading water. Again.

Silas has been a bust, though.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Silas is the problem, not ME. 

Debatable! :p

I admit that I still kinda resent RoHo and ME on this show, and that pretty much nothing about ME appeals to me, but he's largely inoffensive. Roho, on the other hand . . . 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Thanks for pointing it all out. All of the reasons why Ava is one of the biggest flaws on this goddamn show. 

Just because everyone who should be is out of jail, doesn't mean she shouldn't serve her term. It compounds the issue of PC being overrun by villeins. The lack of trail is also another glaring example of a too large cast, there simply isn't enough time to play out a storyline beat by beat as it should.

It is not her fault, personally. But she is a example of why GH is unwatchable these days.

Well, personally she is the only reason I'm watching at all. She's extremely watchable to me.

• Love 2

I'm not up for a rewrite of history where Ava slept with Carlos (and why then during their entire confrontation on the bridge was this never mentioned?)

It's interesting you brought this up.  When they were on the bridge and Ava was trying to talk Carlos out of shooting her, there was a pause in the dialogue and I had this flash of insanity that she was going to say, "Because you're the baby's father!" 

Ah well.  If Morgan turns out to be the father then I hope the writers smarten him up or something, because right now he's an annoying tool (of Sonny's).  Like, maybe they'll have him get a job.  Just a thought.

I think Silas is the problem, not ME. ME clicked really well as McBain, but that train has sailed. It's clear Ron doesn't want to write for the hospital unless it's about sick children, and Avery's life-threatening illness is still a few months away, so Silas is treading water. Again.

Silas has been a bust, though.

I agree. The writers really haven't done anything with his character except to imply that he's a sucker for a damsel in distress.  I like ME and wish he would get a decent storyline, maybe one that actually centers around him and not other people.

• Love 1

Why am I excited for this? Why do I like Michael/Sabrina? Someone please help me!

I like this too.  (I guess it's obvious by now that I like Teresa Castillo)  They are both fairly 'nice' characters and I think it would be nice to see them at least continue their friendship.  A marriage of convenience?  I don't like that idea so much.  It would be great if Sabrina (and Elizabeth, for that matter) could have a storyline that doesn't involve her being hurt by a man.  Sheesh, can't the GH writers write anything for women that doesn't involve this romance-novel stuff?

• Love 4

If Morgan turns out to be the father then I hope the writers smarten him up or something, because right now he's an annoying tool (of Sonny's).  Like, maybe they'll have him get a job.  Just a thought.

Supposedly, he has a job. Although I'm not sure how much business the Haunted Star is doing these days what with terrorists plotting to blow it up.

• Love 2
(edited)

Silas is the problem and ME is the problem. He hasn't varied his repertoire in over a decade. I despised McBain on OLTL and he was basically the same guy in a somewhat better context on GH. Silas is barely a character and ME, who isn't generally very motivated as an actor period, has no idea to play a doctor or a normal human being, let alone an interesting one which Silas isn't. They both have to go, but Roger Howarth has to go most of all. It's ridiculous that they're still taking up space and airtime from more deserving characters and families on this overloaded show. It's actually offensive.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

I like this too.  (I guess it's obvious by now that I like Teresa Castillo)  They are both fairly 'nice' characters and I think it would be nice to see them at least continue their friendship.  A marriage of convenience?  I don't like that idea so much.  It would be great if Sabrina (and Elizabeth, for that matter) could have a storyline that doesn't involve her being hurt by a man.  Sheesh, can't the GH writers write anything for women that doesn't involve this romance-novel stuff?

most marriage of convience stories end up with the characters falling in love for real though.

• Love 2

most marriage of convience stories end up with the characters falling in love for real though.

And that is one of my fave tropes! 

I agree that RoHo needs to go. Like jsbt said, it's actually offensive to me that we're still being subjected to his antics.

• Love 3

Is there any allowable evidence that Ava killed Connie?  Even if AJ were alive, wouldn't it be her word against his drunken memories?  If it cannot be proven in a court of law that Ava shot and killed Connie then Ava will go free. 

• Love 1

I think you're right about the recording, but I'm sure they could easily say that wasn't admissible. It would be far more realistic than Sonny interrupting Michael's rescue attempt and then getting pardoned for murder.

Also, it's just silly IMO if they don't have Ava easily get out of jail since everyone else did.

• Love 2

Well, the recording got Ava arrested so therefore it is admissible in a court of law. It's not heresay if it's the killer's actual words.

In the Jodi Arias trial, a sex tape of Jodi Arias and the victim Travis Alexander was used (phone recording) to prove by the defense that the victim wasn't a clean cut Mormon guy that the defendant tempted with her wild sex. He was talking sex too. It backfired, as the victim became well brought to life, as jurors heard his voice which made the gruesome crime scene photos worse, and you could barely hear his voice. During the retrial of the penalty phase, it was proved Arias faked many of the texts Alexander was alleged to have sent. She could have set this call up. It would be interesting if using the recording would backfire on Ava or Sonny is my point, and yes it can be used absolutely.

On the recording Ava says pointblank that she killed Connie and framed AJ. Then Sonny kills AJ after AJ says he didn't kill Connie and begs Sonny to listen and to not kill him. That would absolutely convict Sonny and Ava of 1st degree murder. No court would give either one custody of a rabbit, let alone a child.

• Love 6

The recording is tainted evidence. It was enough to hold her and arrest her, but that recording passed through several hands (enemies of Ava) and was edited. She was still in prison because she didn't make bail. She has not yet had a trial, so either she will and the recording gets thrown out, leaving no evidence, or some backhanded deal between Julian and Sloane will take place (maybe the fact that Sloane refused to look for her comes into play).

• Love 2

If AJ were alive, it wouldn't be as tainted, but it still could be used. The recording in the Arias trial came from a Helio phone that was reported stolen then found by the defendant's aunt in a family vehicle right before the trial. The only standard for evidence to be used in trial is that prosecution and defense must be able to review. Defense must review with client. Judge signs off on it and approves. Most defense attorneys wouldn't deny it because of future appeals.

• Love 2

The phone recording was pulled off of AJ's phone and put on two devices, but never edited. It was then passed on to Carly and Sonny. Spinelli did enhance the volume, but that was it. The volume on the Arias recording was also enhanced, as were the crime scene photos that pretty much nailed her as the killer. (She photographed herselh murdering Travis Alexander and put the camera in the washer. Police retrieved the photos from the memory card in the washer and had to enhance them to see them.) My point is that this version of "editing" is different from the editing that Franco did when he edited the footage of the evil eye cam. And even that would be admissible in court because he did not edit the statements Carly and Sonny said to appear non factual.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought that Spinelli edited the recording. I wouldn't try to compare this to a real life case though, because that's just an exercise in futility, as dubbel zout says. 

Also, the recording was hidden from the police. Franco and Carly flat out lied to Anna about AJ's phone. 

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

Thet article is confusing; is Brenda coming back or not?

That picture of Haley Erin looks nothing like the girl that was on-screen as Kiki last week.

No. It's just some random blog.

These are the sites with accurate GH spoilers:

Soap opera central

tvsource previews

ABC sneak peek

Every other site just takes spoilers from those sites, and random rumors from other sites, and compiles them up

• Love 2
(edited)

It's interesting you brought this up.  When they were on the bridge and Ava was trying to talk Carlos out of shooting her, there was a pause in the dialogue and I had this flash of insanity that she was going to say, "Because you're the baby's father!"

Lol, relieved to know I wasnt the only one that thought about this. Would have been deliciously soapy.

I dont care too much about Michael/Sabrina (he had more chemistry with Rosalie) but I do hope they get together, if only because I would like Carlos freed.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

I needed Brenda, like a month ago. Now it's Micheal /Sabrina time.

My basis for comparing the Arias case to this one was just to explain that there was a post saying the recording was tainted. Legally it's not. It's the most recent case I could think of off the top of my head with a recording passed around that was used. It was just easier.

• Love 1
(edited)

The fact of the matter for me is, everyone else got away with everything so Ava might as well, too. It's just dumb if she doesn't. Of course it's dumb that no one ever pays for their crimes, but the ship has sailed on that one so.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

I think that the recording could and should be used in the custody case. Especially since according to the preview for tommorow, Sonny technically threatens Micheal by saying "do you want to make an enemy out of me?" He gave Micheal the recording. It's entirely plausible that Micheal saved a copy and give it to Alexis to introduce into evidence. Or he could speak about his prison rape and Jason's death.

• Love 1