Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

So two tidbits I got from Soapzone - apparently there's an audition video going around and it's obvious it's for Lucky and someone claimed that Nathan Varni tweeted they were in talks with Genie Francis to negotiate a contract.

Ron's writing for Patrick is like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion.

It's soooo ridiculously bad. Patty looks like an extreme douche and there's no end in sight because Ron doesn't think Patty looks like a douche. Hell, I'm sure it'll look even worse when Robin comes back. "Oh, you were held captive this entire time to protect me and Emma? Well, you should have sent me a message! Sorry, I love Sam now. How awks!"

I don't know how I feel about a Lucky recast or if I want GF back for the mess I'm still watching. Sigh. I can't quit you, show!

Edited by HeatLifer

So two tidbits I got from Soapzone - apparently there's an audition video going around and it's obvious it's for Lucky and someone claimed that Nathan Varni tweeted they were in talks with Genie Francis to negotiate a contract.

I want Lucky back and he definitely needs to be back, but then I remember stalker nurse is still here. If he comes back she will have FOUR men in her orbit. The smugness and the fickleness will reach UNPRECEDENTED levels and I won't be able to deal.

• Love 1

I want Lucky back and he definitely needs to be back, but then I remember stalker nurse is still here. If he comes back she will have FOUR men in her orbit. The smugness and the fickleness will reach UNPRECEDENTED levels and I won't be able to deal.

I was going to ask why Lucky coming back means he would sacrifice his balls to go back to Liz...and then I remembered what show this is and who is the head writer...

• Love 2

why hasn't Sam explored the fact that Robin went to save Jason and why Patty's marriage fell apart because of it? Harder for the writers to justify why she'd be romantic with Patty, me thinks.

I'd rather have some bogus reason than no discussion about this at all, though. Robin leaving her family to help Jason is the giant elephant in the room that Patrick and Sam just ignore. It's ridiculous.

In the preview, when Sam mentioned Silas and Nina, I had to stop and think that they are still together (after a fashion). It just goes to show how plot-pointy a writer Ron is. When someone or an event isn't necessary anymore, he practically Kremlinizes it. There's no mention whatsoever. Silas probably should have been at Nina's hearing, but I guess ME's minimums are done for the year.

I'd add Sam and McBain as well as Sam and Silas to the list of rushed couples.

Sam and McBain was rushed because Ron trying to be cute with KeMo and ME working together again. Then he rushed Sam and Silas because McBain was off-limits to him and he wanted KeMo and ME to stay together. So dumb. And now Ron has seemingly lost all interest in Silas/ME.

apparently there's an audition video going around and it's obvious it's for Lucky and someone claimed that Nathan Varni tweeted they were in talks with Genie Francis to negotiate a contract.

I can live without a Lucky recast. The writing for the character has been terrible, and Ron won't improve on that.

Good luck with negotiating with GF. I think she was desperately unhappy with her last stint on the show, and I don't see what anyone can promise her that would a) actually happen and b) make her want to return.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I don't think Franco /Nina was rushed. That's actually a pairing he's let go slow.

On one hand, yes, Franco and Nina were actually just friends at first and things developed from there.

On the other hand, it was clear as fucking crystal from the minute they stumbled across each other that we were going to be expected to swoon while "soap royalty" Roger Howarth and Michelle Stafford formed a supercouple for the ages.

• Love 7
Good luck with negotiating with GF. I think she was desperately unhappy with her last stint on the show, and I don't see what anyone can promise her that would a) actually happen and b) make her want to return.

I would love to know what could entice GF to come back after last time.  I'm still trying to figure out what brings back the actress who plays Heather and Sebastian Roche (especially since he gets primetime work).

I'd rather have some bogus reason than no discussion about this at all, though. Robin leaving her family to help Jason is the giant elephant in the room that Patrick and Sam just ignore. It's ridiculous.

The writers will never allow other characters to question Patrick. Never. He freely tells Carly and Sabrina and Sam that Robin was threatened to leave and NO ONE asks, "So why did you get a divorce? Where is Robin now?"

And if they asked that, he really only has three responses, which all make him look like dick or a hypocrite or fill-in-the-blank.

1. "I didn't want her to leave our family to save Jason's life because that mobster didn't deserve to live."

2. "She said she was broken and didn't want her bad choices to affect Emma, so she moved to Paris and I haven't contacted her in months nor do I know how to contact her."

3. "She was threatened by Victor to leave me, so I filed for divorce. Duh. A man has needs, yo."

• Love 3

If anyone needs to be next in line to have a baby let it be Lucas, with Brad. Of course this show doesn't need another baby but at least it'd be something new and different and never done before. Personally I'd love to see such a relevant to the times storyline that might even get him/them some decent airtime.

Gay characters on soaps having kids?  It's been done.  Bianca on AMC, Will on Days, and Ron wrote OLTL's Oliver Fish as having fathered the baby at the center of the twenty-something canvas' drama (Fish, in a desperate attempt to prove to himself he was straight, had a drunken one-nighter with a stripper scheming to get pregnant.  True story).

I actually like that Lucas and Brad are kid-free so early in their relationship, but they do desperately need a story*.  Hell, let's see a scene that actually establishes Lucas has indeed secured employment at the hospital and go from there.

* Disclaimer: any such story need not involve Felix

The writers will never allow other characters to question Patrick. Never. He freely tells Carly and Sabrina and Sam that Robin was threatened to leave and NO ONE asks, "So why did you get a divorce? Where is Robin now?"

And if they asked that, he really only has three responses, which all make him look like dick or a hypocrite or fill-in-the-blank.

1. "I didn't want her to leave our family to save Jason's life because that mobster didn't deserve to live."

2. "She said she was broken and didn't want her bad choices to affect Emma, so she moved to Paris and I haven't contacted her in months nor do I know how to contact her."

3. "She was threatened by Victor to leave me, so I filed for divorce. Duh. A man has needs, yo."

I don't deny any of this but, again, hack writing aside, no Robin on canvas has Patrick hamstrung. And sure, TMFIC can separate Scrubs, but we know RC's stance. So, in the end, what's left? JT is here, KMc is not. And JT is being paid to work.

So while in theory I get Patrick being an unfeeling ass, I think it's a Catch-22 since the head "writer" won't separate the pairing for good, but half of the pairing wants to work.

So there's no real answer.

• Love 2

I just think it's unfortunate that freaking SPINELLI can be written off the show in a normal, nice way and still come back for one episode stints randomly, but Robin must be completely tied to Patrick as a hostage/captive/victim for who knows why at this point.

• Love 5
I actually like that Lucas and Brad are kid-free so early in their relationship, but they do desperately need a story*.  Hell, let's see a scene that actually establishes Lucas has indeed secured employment at the hospital and go from there.

I think it would be insane to have the two of them jump into "let's have kids!" already.  They essentially just met.  And since, for them, having kids would have to be something they sat and talked about and put in a big effort to make happen, it wouldn't be remotely plausible at this point.  The only exception would be if Lucas somehow ends up with Ava's baby.  And that would be kind of odd, given his lack of any relationship with Ava whatsoever.  If that kid doesn't stay with Kiki and Morgan, I'd put money on Lulu/Dante as next in line (with Carly desperate to get her claws into her as a means of remaining in Sonny's life).  

If they're recasting Lucky, I want Mark Lawson.  

• Love 2

Gay characters on soaps having kids?  It's been done.  Bianca on AMC, Will on Days, and Ron wrote OLTL's Oliver Fish as having fathered the baby at the center of the twenty-something canvas' drama (Fish, in a desperate attempt to prove to himself he was straight, had a drunken one-nighter with a stripper scheming to get pregnant.  True story).

I actually like that Lucas and Brad are kid-free so early in their relationship, but they do desperately need a story*.  Hell, let's see a scene that actually establishes Lucas has indeed secured employment at the hospital and go from there.

* Disclaimer: any such story need not involve Felix

I didn't really make myself clear about what I meant, sorry about that.

I was thinking about Lucas and Brad as a couple going about having a child together such as through adoption or surrogacy. Like the gay version of Dante and Lulu but without all the incredible stupid shit they went through.

I can't recall any of the few gay couples or characters I've seen on soaps actually get that grown up, orderly treatment when it comes to them starting a family.

I do recall Bianca's daughter, a product of rape by none other than William's wicked Michael C., and I never really knew the gay characters on OLTL but I do know Will on DOOL has a daughter that he seemingly had in a similar way, maybe minus the stripper.

But I was more so thinking of a settled couple actually going about having a child together for all the right reasons, not because of force or misfortune or a mistake, etc.

I do agree its too soon in their relationship right now for kids, they haven't even traded "I love you"s yet , but then again I feel like they've been set aside in some sort of alternate universe where they could have been together for five years by now, heh.

But just thinking ahead into the future, no timeline just a what if scenario, if a couple should get a kid on GH I'd like it to be them before anyone else that might at this point. I think Parry and Ryan would really do a great job with the subject matter, even if the writing is crap as usual.

Though really anything with them would be welcome at this point, I still can't believe they were completely skipped over for Christmas. And hell to the yes no Felix involvement. I think even Ron seems to have grown tired of him, finally.

ETA:

[Charlie Brown Voice] Oh good grief... [/Charlie Brown Voice]. Honestly just when I think they can't be bothered to do further harm to this show.

There's no way they'll do anything more or better with Laura than they did last time, they'll probably do even worse considering she'd surely be forced to come into contact with notLuke at some point. She'll be the only one who realizes that he's still a fraud, etc, and then she'll probably get kidnapped and...nope, I won't even think about it.

And as for Lucky... *Sighs* That just won't end well.

Edited by CPP83

I welcome Laura anytime, anywhere. But they fucked her over on story last time hardcore. Laura was simply not allowed to move on or be an independent character in any way. Plus, if you want to reunite Luke and Laura you have to work for it. No one's understood that since their divorce. And her 2008 return was quite good at times, so it can be done - she can have dignity and maturity and still be strong in her quiet way.

And for God's sake, if you're going to do triangles and quads, do it with people that make sense, not just people that invoke 1978. There is no sane reason Laura would ever get back with Scott Baldwin that does not make her look like the most colorless, clueless doormat version of Laura that Bob Guza used to paint with broad strokes of contempt. Give her a sexy, dashing older fellow from the WSB to make Luke feel insecure, give her back her business and let her live her life and sort out this Nikolas, Liz, etc. mess, for starters.

(Knowing RC, if this is for real it will be Laura and Stefan on every two or three weeks for two days, rushed back together offscreen. But hey, they can be good together, and that beats Scott.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

A great Lucas/Brad story could be Lucas goes from slacker to doctor and is suddenly Brad's superior. Omg a work story? A hospital story? A non triangle? No babies? Shut up!

I would love to see this. Sadly, we all know Ron can't write (and I use that term loosely and generously in his case) anything that's not a love triangle, babies/pregnancy/WTD, or people getting shot in the shoulder. It pains me how truly untalented he is.

• Love 1

Thinking a little more about the Julian and Olivia hookup, and trying to stomach it...at least if they decide to write the actress' pregnancy into the show we won't have a WTD storyline because the only possible father would be Julian.

She hasn't had sex with anyone else in months so unless Ron really wants to dig around deep in his ass to pull out another potential father that she somehow sexed up off screen, and I certainly wouldn't put that past him, hopefully that won't happen.

I am truly hoping beyond hope though that there won't be a pregnancy at all, that Ron will resist his usual urges. Just let them have their anger/revenge ONS and then go their separate ways.

I expect a pregnancy and I expect a twist.  This is Ron. Helena is lurking around town and hates Alexis.

They have sex and go their separate ways. They both go into it knowing what it is - just sex and there's not going to be that, "I'll call you," lie after. They aren't experimenting with a new couple.

Julian heads to Pentonville in early January. After sex with Ned, Alexis realizes, and I'm guessing Ned figures it out too, that the Nexis ship sunk a long, long time ago.

Would someone let me know what WTD means? I've seen it a few times but am clueless. Also, what is ship? Does that mean when you want two people to have a relationship? I'm not sure if it means ship 'em out, like you hate the couple. LOL.

TIA (that I know)

Edited by BunnyFooFoo

I could actually see the Billy bit being true if his recent performances are any indication. I don't think he likes GH much either, heh, not that I blame him. Going from Y&R even with all its' flaws to GH is like trading down from a Lexus to an Oldsmobile.

The vision for "Jake" has seemed muddled and fucked since the beginning, he's all over the place. I think Billy isn't sure who the hell he's supposed to be playing, an amnesia victim who somehow has no interest whatsoever in finding out who he really is, if he has a family, etc, or another form of Jason, or a guy like Jason but not actually, it's just a mess.

• Love 5

I FLOVE ted king but there's no way I see him coming back to GH. Znd seriously? Carly is kidnapped chasing Jax only to be rescued by Lorenzo? Shoot me now! Whoever dreamed up those rumors was either drunk or high. Or both lol!

YES! I think he must have quit acting though. I checked his IMDb and he hasn't done anything since OLTL. And he didn't really do anything before OLTL.

Well that sucks.  He was actually pretty good.  I think he'd be perfect as Lucky (if JJ is out of the question).  And we'd have the tiniest, most adorable police force in him and Dante. 

• Love 6
And for God's sake, if you're going to do triangles and quads, do it with people that make sense, not just people that invoke 1978.

Silly jsbt, that's Ron respecting GH history.

If Miller doesn't like GH, that's on him. With four soaps left, it can't be that hard to do some due diligence.

I think he'd be perfect as Lucky (if JJ is out of the question).  And we'd have the tiniest, most adorable police force in him and Dante.

I think Lawson would make a good Lucky, but Lucky hasn't had a decent story in ages. I really don't want to see Ron try his hand at a Nik/Liz/Lucky/Ric/Jake mess. But I would miss seeing the pocket-size PCPD at work. Hee.

Just read MB renewed his contract, bleh. I was hoping he'd leave.

The bigger surprise would be MB not renewing his contract. I'm sure there were negotiations, but I doubt anyone was biting his nails a deal wouldn't be made.

• Love 4

Well that sucks.  He was actually pretty good.  I think he'd be perfect as Lucky (if JJ is out of the question).  And we'd have the tiniest, most adorable police force in him and Dante. 

Wouldn't that be perfect?  Our pocket soldier back and reporting for duty.  And no FF in sight.......I can dream, can't I?

• Love 2

SHOWER OF ANGST 2015!!!!!!

Sorry, I could not contain myself. I would definitely in my head make all of Liz's kids Lucky babies if that were true. Mark Lawson, you wee pocket soldier, please report for duty. Anna is getting a tad testy and needs dat booty! You can even sing.......in the shower. Of angst.

Dude, if Sonny lays one greasy finger on Jordan and her flawless wardrobe, Ima call Papa Pope and have the rest of the Gladiators handle that shit. Because oh hell naw. Ron needs to be drug tested. Has he seen Julian and Jordan in scenes? Because um no. Sonny. Does. Not. Need. To . bang. Every . female.

I'm sure I have a witty comment in me about the Dimitri/Edmund thing. ....but I'm too lazy.

Whomever would dare put it out into the universe that Sonny could ever have a chance with Jordan should be covered with honey and tied down onto an ant hill. 

Also I've come to the conclusion that if one kisses Sonny they have basically kissed all the other adults in PC, male or female. It'd be a bit like tongue dueling with the world's oldest salt lick.

• Love 3
Also I've come to the conclusion that if one kisses Sonny they have basically kissed all the other adults in PC, male or female. It'd be a bit like tongue dueling with the world's oldest salt lick.

Eeeeewwww. Gross!

• Love 1

Of all the crazy rumors out there right now, the only ones I think have any legitimacy are that Jordan is really Keisha, and that Shawn is not who he claims to be either.

ETA: Frankly, I think both retcons would be very to pull off. And given how politically correct ABC is, im actuly surprised theyve allowed the one black adult man on canvas to be pprtrayed as an amoral gun-toting thug. Shawn is not only much more interesting as an undercover, but it does a lot to "fix" the issues with the character, centrally his total incompetence as a hitman.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 8

TJ is a Quartermaine ftw! And dude, Jordan looks like Keesha, slightly aged and better dressed. All they need to say is she trained in Switzerland for a spell or something something banged AJ. I will buy it. TRi can pull off the story. And suddenly Sonny has a kid hating him that he can't win over.

• Love 1

I don't see what the point of making Jordan Keesha would be.  The only person on canvas now that had a connection to her was Jason and really doesn't Jason have enough women with Carly, Sam, Liz and sometimes Robin?

And don't get me started on making her Keesha or trying to make AJ TJ's retconned father when they decided to kill off AJ...

Edited by ch1
  • Love 1

Believe me, I wish there were contortions to be made to make T.J. at least tied closer to the GH historical canvas. I can't see it being done without it being utterly ridiculous. He's even named T.J. and is not Tommy Jr., which I find obscene but there we are. Why would Keesha Ward pose as Jordan Ashford and marry a man under that pretense? Why would Shawn be anyone but Shawn? IMO they are who they are. There are good things to be done with them as their own people, the problem is the show has minimal interest. Shawn cooks sandwiches for the white folks and does Sonny's bidding (poorly), which is far less than what Sean Blakemore is capable of - he always had great chemistry with LW IMO. Jordan is best in the underworld but they keep pulling her out of that. T.J. could have a major story but won't because he is not white and twinky.

• Love 7

Blind Gossip has a rumor of General Hospital courting a Young and the Restless actor who wants to quit his show. But he's caused drama via social media, so he's been a tough sell. Not Micheal Muhney.

I'll go with Kristoff St John. Role: TJ's bio dad, Thomas Sr. (Or alleged bio dad) His son recently killed himself and he's made a lot of posts about the Muhney stuff and has gotten into scuffs with Eric Braeden etc. I can see him wanting a change.

• Love 1