Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

So if Sam's already being diagnosed and forced to seek help by Jason, is that really all they brought "Dr. Bensch"/JDP in for, that one little appearance?  Or was that just planting a seed for later?  Or maybe the arc got cut short by the Steve Burton return?  I'm so confused.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
(edited)

But Frank made suuuch a big deal about it, with that little "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the hospital..." video, and I don't considering him a Friend of Frank the way, like, Michael Easton is.

It's weird.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

No, the Spencer house basement and Maxie and Spencer's basement are different, unless they severely re-did it.

Apparently it's some Sonny enemy called Garvey. Garrrrvey.

Great.  So Sonny sics his attack dog Jason on Valentin, who gets tortured, and it's going to be because of him.  So friggin' predictable.  Hey, Valentin, don't hold your breath waiting for an apology from those two entitled assholes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But Frank made suuuch a big deal about it, with that little "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the hospital..." video, and I don't considering him a Friend of Frank the way, like, Michael Easton is.

JDP is a name, maybe that's why? I dunno. Frank seems to have a lot of free time to do GH stuff that doesn't improve the quality of GH.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Great.  So Sonny sics his attack dog Jason on Valentin, who gets tortured, and it's going to be because of him.  So friggin' predictable.  Hey, Valentin, don't hold your breath waiting for an apology from those two entitled assholes.

Maybe Charlotte can hire Alexis to take Sonny and Jason to court for hurting her father.

• Love 4

It's not going to kill Sonny, so I don't care. And even if Sam does shoot him, I don't want to listen to people yell at her for hurting poor widdle Sonny. It's bad enough we're in for the inevitable wimmins-be-crazy crap.

I did love Sonny's jigga-wha? face at the very end there.

• Love 12
(edited)
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm sure we're not supposed to be rooting for Sam to pull the trigger, but...

I'm all for shooting Sonny, but maybe Sam can shoot herself in the foot for telling many people for a long time how awful they were for judging noble Jason for being a mobster? I know she's sick, but even now her focus as Sonny as the main problem is dumb. She should go shoot her husband.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm all for shooting Sonny, but maybe Sam can shoot herself in the foot for being a mealy-mouthed "okay Jason whatever you say" idiot for years? I know she's sick, but even now her focus as Sonny as the main problem is dumb. She should go shoot her husband.

It's all a waste of time. Of course Sam is "crazy" so nothing she says has any validity even though several characters should have come for Sonny years ago. Of course Sam should have never been involved, anyway, because she has been right up Jason and the mob's ass for years. I'm gonna need a healthy break from her before SBu arrives. I can't watch this shit AGAIN. For fucks sake, some of these characters have got to GO for at least two years. There's no story left! They're done!

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Does anyone else have the feeling this was supposed to longer, but got truncated because of the Steve Burton return?

In that case, thank you, Steve Burton, for returning. I can't watch endless days of Sam hallucinating with no reaction other than "there might be something wrong with Sam."

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Notice that even for a 15-second promo, they couldn't find any relevant clips of Sonny not fucking up his lines.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who would have thought a year or so ago that Sam had the potential to be the biggest hero on this show?   This is the first time I've cheered for a character played by Kelly Monaco since Port Charles.  

22 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm all for shooting Sonny, but maybe Sam can shoot herself in the foot for telling many people for a long time how awful they were for judging noble Jason for being a mobster? I know she's sick, but even now her focus as Sonny as the main problem is dumb. She should go shoot her husband.

Not with Super Steve coming back to save the day.  I will die of laughter and 2nd hand embarrassment if Steve Jason saves his murdering bff from small Sam.

22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not going to kill Sonny, so I don't care. And even if Sam does shoot him, I don't want to listen to people yell at her for hurting poor widdle Sonny. It's bad enough we're in for the inevitable wimmins-be-crazy crap.

I did love Sonny's jigga-wha? face at the very end there.

Ugh.  Cue Kristina bouncing and trying to cry, while Micheal makes puppy eyes.  And everyone mentions Supreme Amazing Angel, Morgan.  

(edited)

Do we think we're actually going to see the suit go to some kind of trial?  I figured Spencer was (thank gawd) leaving once he's rescued from his kidnapping.  I mean, I guess Ava recanting would do that.

So either she'll take the deal and Sonny/Carly will scream at her.  Or she'll turn down the deal and Sonny/Carly will still scream at her, but maybe at a softer decibel level. 

Edited by TeeVee329

Sonny and Carly will scream at her no matter what, as it their wont. Then they'll bring up her involvement in Morgan's death every chance they get, because it's so unfair she's still living while their precious baby unicorn son is dead. How dare she be responsible for them losing a son!

With the civil case, I can see some sort of compromise being made, either by the court or Valentin wanting to win back Nina, so he decides to share the dough or something. 

• Love 3

spoilers from the magazines (not written by me):

Only Sam and Garvey know where Sonny is and neither is talking 

Garvey tells Carly that Sonny is dead before being taken to surgery 

She refuses to believe he is dead without a body and puts the pressure on the cops 

Carly yells a t Jordan “for not doing enough” 

Carly has no idea that Sam knows while she is “fighting for her own life a the hospital” 

When Carly learns about Sam’s medical situation she offers Jason Moral support 

Jason is reeling from the warnings from the doctors that even if Sam makes it she may never fully recover from the toll the disease has taken on her. 

he is very frightened of either of those outcomes and it certainly plays ironic that the friends are leaning on each other with neither of them knowing of the connection between Sonny and Sam

Carly in her hear knows that Sonny is out there and Jason’s heart will tell him things about Sam as well 

Sonny is in a pit at the construction site trying to stay alive the situation is dire with his wound and claustrophobia he uses everything available to him to survive and try to find a way out 

On Jason/Billy/Steve:

They were “delighted” over him having interest in returning and that the network was actively pursuing it. 

They are “thrilled that he will be back and they believe that they can reintegrate him in a that should satisfy the audience” 

Having them both is a “great problem to have” 

They will not gloss over the resemblance

“obviously that raises all kinds of questions about the past and his character and of Jason’s life for the last couple of years” It is a great puzzle that requires figuring out. They want to make the most out of it. 

They know how important Sbu is to the fans and to them and they want to get the most out of it they can. 

The interesting thing is that the story was told how Jason came back from horrible circumstances and discovered who he was now we are bringing I someone who will challenge that and give an chance to really display BM’s talent and the complications that it will bring 

They love billy and know the audience does too they are excited to have them both 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

From the magazines - Mac and Felicia's romantic antics get them in trouble.

Gotta fill these Franco-less weeks somehow!

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Only Sam and Garvey know where Sonny is and neither is talking 

Is mentally ill Sam seriously in league with this nobody mobster or does she just happen to know and is now in hospital? If the former, that is hilarious.

They love billy and know the audience does too they are excited to have them both

Sure.

They may well want to keep both, but I give it six months tops.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Is mentally ill Sam seriously in league with this nobody mobster or does she just happen to know and is now in hospital? If the former, that is hilarious.

I think she just happens to know.

48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

From the magazines - Mac and Felicia's romantic antics get them in trouble.

Expanding a little on this - Mac sets up something for Felicia, tells Nathan he got the idea from Man Landers, Maxie arrives, then Anna comes by and tells them Robin's in labor so she's going to go to Berkley. While they're toasting, Nathan and Maxie sneak out. He decides not to tell her about the Man Landers thing.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Expanding a little on this - Mac sets up something for Felicia, tells Nathan he got the idea from Man Landers, Maxie arrives, then Anna comes by and tells them Robin's in labor so she's going to go to Berkley. While they're toasting, Nathan and Maxie sneak out. He decides not to tell her about the Man Landers thing.

Scrubs bb!

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sonny is in a pit at the construction site trying to stay alive the situation is dire with his wound and claustrophobia he uses everything available to him to survive and try to find a way out 

This must be when Ghost!Stone shows up.  I guess he can only materialize when people are trapped in tight spaces.

The Mac/Felicia/Anna family stuff sounds cute!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

He'll pay for her cosmetic surgeries and try to keep her safe from Sonny if she recants her testimony for Spencer's wrongful death civil suit.

Yeah. This. He'll also give her a referral to the De-Hunchbacking Clinic, where someone repulsive from the WSB basement can be transformed into a slightly long-in-the-tooth American Idol hopeful.  

• Love 5

Next week is about to be the best Samson week ever. Sam shoots him and tosses him into a pit.  These will be my fave Samson scenes ever. They will top the SOS when Sam wasn't taking Sonny's shit anymore.

• Love 8
(edited)

Since he's in a pit by himself, at the very least, the first and last scenes of each episode are going to feature MB by himself.  This translates into fewer opportunities to try to watch other actors try not to react to MB screwing up his lines.  {{{FF button}}}.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

All the LOLs for this one. It's going to be excruciating to watch MB, but the fact that Sonny is in a pit might make it almost worth it.

• Love 6

Carly yells a t Jordan “for not doing enough” 

Oh, shut up, Carly.  The cops are only "not doing enough" when it's for your benefit.  Every time they rightfully look to Sonny about crimes you cry that they're out to get him.

So next week Sam and Sonny both "fight for their lives."  Too bad there's zero chance either will croak.

• Love 4

He'll pay for her cosmetic surgeries and try to keep her safe from Sonny if she recants her testimony for Spencer's wrongful death civil suit.

I was expecting Valentin and Ava to hook up since Cassadine Island. Now, I would expect it more due to the fact that Nina hates Ava (and vice versa) but she refuses to reunite with Valentin despite what she feels for him.

And there is no where else to place her. Except maybe for with Finn.

• Love 3
On July 19, 2017 at 2:29 PM, dubbel zout said:

JDP is a name, maybe that's why? I dunno. Frank seems to have a lot of free time to do GH stuff that doesn't improve the quality of GH.

I thought it was obvious that Dr JDP was related to Garvey and effin with Sam's 'vitamins' to program her to kill Sonny

• Love 1

I hate to take Carly's side in anything, but I'm almost prepared to believe in advance that Jordan isn't "doing enough." She's the most low-energy, bored-with-it police commissioner ever. How many times have we seen someone frantically telling her about something, and she's dolled up at the restaurant or on a date or something and she's all, "I don't believe you" or "I don't have time for this."  But I know that law enforcement = ineffectual on General Hospital, and it's been true for 20 years, so it isn't really the character's fault. She's barely a character, honestly. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I hate to take Carly's side in anything, but I'm almost prepared to believe in advance that Jordan isn't "doing enough."

Yeah, but she also always berates them for doing the bare minimum.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:19 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Do we think we're actually going to see the suit go to some kind of trial?  I figured Spencer was (thank gawd) leaving once he's rescued from his kidnapping.  I mean, I guess Ava recanting would do that.

So either she'll take the deal and Sonny/Carly will scream at her.  Or she'll turn down the deal and Sonny/Carly will still scream at her, but maybe at a softer decibel level. 

I kinda want to see a Spencer/Valentin court battle- but only if they act as their own lawyers.  Why?  Because it might be funny in a cringe worthy way that will crash and burn like the fondue in Cesar Faison's face that one beautiful time we had a soap.   Before the fat AJ ruined it all.  

16 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Next week is about to be the best Samson week ever. Sam shoots him and tosses him into a pit.  These will be my fave Samson scenes ever. They will top the SOS when Sam wasn't taking Sonny's shit anymore.

I am watching live.  I need to experience this sober and aware.  I will drink red bull and coffee in preparation.  

19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

To use a TWoP callback:

The, Sonny, The.

(For the uninitiated? Die in German actually means "The".)

If we ever make a nickname thread, this should be the title.  There is no other.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I hate to take Carly's side in anything, but I'm almost prepared to believe in advance that Jordan isn't "doing enough."

I can never take Carly's side when it comes to her wanting the cops to do anything. It's always only when it benefits her. If the PCPD is going after Sonny, it's always outrageous and harassment. Shut up, Carly.

• Love 13
(edited)

I guess, credit where it's due, the shot where Sonny's falling makes it looks like he's really plummeting far.  But when it cuts to Sam looking down at him, it kinda looks like he's, you know, right there lol.

Unfortunately, this moment isn't going to make up for all the other garbage we're going to have to sit through - Carly wailing that Sonny's gone missing, the Ghost!Stone visit, Sam likely having to beg for forgiveness, etc.

17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sam is a vampire slayer now I guess.

Perhaps her "Port Charles" memories have returned.  "My name is Livvie.  I have a father, his name is Kevin.  I have a mother, her name is...some chick from Kevin's past."

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

I just don't get why they don't have her plausibly push him in with two hands, damn it. Or at the very least let her wear some solid boots instead of her usual stilettos to kick him in.

• Love 3
(edited)

Too bad Sonny in the pit will all be for naught, and Sam will be found to have a tumor.

But I guess that the Franco's brain tumor plot has been going so smoothly, so why mess with failure?

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 5