Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

If this Lee tribute with Serena is only like 3 scenes in 1 ep I'm gonna, well, laugh tbh.

I'm pretty sure it is. I'll take it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm still mildly shocked Peter Hansen's death is getting any sort of onscreen recognition, given how haphazard (to put it mildly) the show is about history.

Agreed.  I was also surprised that they took the time to put in those nice scenes between Jax and Joss about Lady Jane.  This seems to be the only arena where these writers aren't total garbage.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/8/2017 at 10:17 PM, stlbf said:

Would it be terrible if Oscar was related to Jimmy Lee Holt side of the Qs? Or maybe to Sly Eckert? Or perhaps be Paul Jr, with a name change? Making him Dillon's half brother. 

Paul Hornsby, Jr is in fact related to Sly Eckert, they are first cousins. But I think Paul Jr is way older than Oscar, he should be around Michael's age.

Making him a Quartermaine has promise. Oooh, what if he's Ned's kid with...someone. Gina Cates? That would make him a Q and related to Stone.

ETA: I don't know why I keep wondering about this, I barely care about Oscar.

Looking forward to the Peter Hansen/Lee Baldwin tribute this week.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 2
(edited)

Burton denialism is my new popcorn watch. You may have seen it in Some Quarters. "No! Spinelli did a computer simulation and there was a DNA test and blah blah blah, and so Billy just has to be Jason 4-ever! Steve must only be coming back to play Jason in flashbacks/Sam hallucinations!" 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
(edited)

#GH - Finn & Griffin make strides. {July 26}

Strides with what?  And more importantly, who cares?  That these two are the only contract doctor characters is just...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Lucy and Scotty, in tomorrow's preview, are in the same outfits and in the same location as the clip from the promo of them with Serena.  Which has me worried that Serena never leaves that room and thus never sees Kevin.  That would bum me out.

• Love 2
(edited)

I find myself in the uncomfortable position of being on Spencer's side. (In theory. Whether I actually want to watch it is another matter.) Alexis (and Laura, and Lulu) shouldn't have needed Spencer pushing them to go after Valentin. HE KILLED NIKOLAS. All of them should want to make him pay. A wrongful death suit is an obvious move.  And while it's obviously shitty of Spencer to blame Charlotte for what her father did, it is also unbelievably unrealistic and foolish of all the adults involved to expect...what, exactly? Spencer to simply never mention the fact that Valentin murdered his father? Ever? Both those kids should be in therapy, and Lulu and Dante should be working with this non-Franco child therapist on the least traumatic way to explain this to Charlotte.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 13

Spencer files a civil suit against Valentin with Alexis as his counsel. Spencer also informs Charlotte that her father killed his. #GH

I want that to be true and I want this lawsuit to somehow be leveraged to get Lulu and Dante full custody of Charlotte. Where did this spoiler come from?

• Love 1
(edited)

From one of the magazines, I saw it on Twitter. 

2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Alexis (and Laura, and Lulu) shouldn't have needed Spencer pushing them to go after Valentin. 

And that's my problem with it.  Slapping Valentin with a wrongful death suit would have been a great story for Alexis, or for Laura.  Why did this have to wait until Spencer was here to mug his way through it?  

And a feud between Spencer and Charlotte, two next-gen Cassadines going after each other, could be soapy awesomeness EXCEPT THEY'RE LITTLE KIDS. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I find myself in the uncomfortable position of being on Spencer's side. (In theory. Whether I actually want to watch it is another matter.) Alexis (and Laura, and Lulu) shouldn't have needed Spencer pushing them to go after Valentin. HE KILLED NIKOLAS. All of them should want to make him pay. A wrongful death suit is an obvious move. 

Would that someone had filed such against Sonny for killing A.J.  But, that would involve admitting A.J. existed, wouldn't it, and that whatshisface committed cold-blooded murder, so...  There'll be none of that!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Both those kids should be in therapy, and Lulu and Dante should be working with this non-Franco child therapist on the least traumatic way to explain this to Charlotte.

I'm genuinely curious, where would they even start? What would be the least traumatic way? Maybe Kevin has some ideas.

• Love 1
On 7/11/2017 at 8:34 PM, Asp Burger said:

Burton denialism is my new popcorn watch. You may have seen it in Some Quarters. "No! Spinelli did a computer simulation and there was a DNA test and blah blah blah, and so Billy just has to be Jason 4-ever! Steve must only be coming back to play Jason in flashbacks/Sam hallucinations!" 

Hope springs eternal...

Seriously, I can't blame them for being in denial.  SBu returning is just one more disaster the show didn't need...

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

Hope springs eternal...

Seriously, I can't blame them for being in denial.  SBu returning is just one more disaster the show didn't need...

I can see why that might true given SBu's limited range*. But I have to say that -- perhaps because I was young enough to be drawn in -- I found the Two Romans storyline on Days to be impossibly romantic and suspecful. It spun off into a love quad (or more, I've forgotten), and ancillary pregnancies, and the whole thing about the woman in the middle being torn. 

*But neither is Drake Hogestyn; let's be honest. 

31 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Both those kids should be in therapy, and Lulu and Dante should be working with this non-Franco child therapist on the least traumatic way to explain this to Charlotte.

I'm genuinely curious, where would they even start? What would be the least traumatic way? Maybe Kevin has some ideas.

I think you say that Valentin hurt Spencer's father very badly, and Spencer is mad about it. You don't talk about blame or accidents, because that doesn't matter right now. You impress upon Spencer the importance of not taking his anger out on Charlotte, because she had nothing to do with it. He's old enough to understand that, even if emotionally he might not be able to deal with it. That's one of the things he should be dealing with in therapy. You tell Charlotte that Spencer has a right to be angry, and even if she thinks it's directed at her, it's not. Even though they're cousins, maybe they won't like each other for a while.

• Love 5

It seems to me that the adults all seemed to think this problem would resolve itself or at least be mitigated when Laura and Spencer moved out of Lulu's and into Kevin's, which, given that one of these adults (Kevin) is a psychiatrist, he should have pulled Laura aside and told her that simply moving the problem isn't going to make it go away and they needed to start to deal with it then. Start telling Charlotte some things. At that point Valentin was going away for life so what did it matter what Valentin wanted or thought?

• Love 2
(edited)

How about the truth. It seems to always come back and bite you on the butt eventually. So do it now while they are still young enough to see it. Spencer is right. OF course you could send Charlotte to live with Dante's family, his father does what he wants and no one seems to care. Sonny is scum. He has hurt just about all the characters. Dante was shot in cold blood and even went to court and lied for him. Tell charlotte and Spencer that. This show doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by testardo
  • Love 1
On July 11, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Asp Burger said:

I'm more amused by all the hate right now after years of fighting over this dude.

• Love 4
(edited)

Would that someone had filed such against Sonny for killing A.J.

Diane: Your Honor. I believe the photographs and the testimony we have provided prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the deceased was fat.  

Day-Player Judge: I'm inclined to agree with Counsel. Case dismissed, and the defendant will be reimbursed for all court costs at the plaintiff's expense. This court is adjourned.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think you say that Valentin hurt Spencer's father very badly, and Spencer is mad about it. 

What about the part that Spencer father is also Lulu's brother??

Yes, you tell her that, too. But right now it's about Spencer and Charlotte.

(edited)
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It seems to me that the adults all seemed to think this problem would resolve itself or at least be mitigated when Laura and Spencer moved out of Lulu's and into Kevin's, which, given that one of these adults (Kevin) is a psychiatrist, he should have pulled Laura aside and told her that simply moving the problem isn't going to make it go away and they needed to start to deal with it then. Start telling Charlotte some things. At that point Valentin was going away for life so what did it matter what Valentin wanted or thought?

Why is this all on Kevin to solve?  Lulu is an adult.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why is this all on Kevin to solve?  Lulu is an adult.

You're right. It isn't. But how many times this last year has Laura wanted help or advice from Kevin, or Lulu wanted him to work with Charlotte?

18 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Spencer files a civil suit against Valentin with Alexis as his counsel. Spencer also informs Charlotte that her father killed his. #GH

If I cared enough about this show, I would be upset about how seriously disturbed they are making Spencer.  He's young enough that the adults in his life should be protecting him.  And given what he's said about Valentin, no one should allow him to be around Charlotte unsupervised.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ned bought it at one point.  Than NIk had it than sold it.  Than Emily bought it for Nik.  And I think she was technically the last person to buy it, so unless she put it in the Cassadine name with the Cassadine holdings, I don't think Valentin would have any claim over it at all.  But then, the writers would have to do some research to figure that out and it's way easier to not do that.  

If Emily bought it with her own money, then it would be Nik's personal property and Spencer would inherit. But then Spencer couldn't keep yelling that Valentine stole his inheritance.

11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Diane: Your Honor. I believe the photographs and the testimony we have provided prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the deceased was fat.  

Day-Player Judge: I'm inclined to agree with Counsel. Case dismissed, and the defendant will be reimbursed for all court costs at the plaintiff's expense. This court is adjourned.  

He was fat and he wasn't in Sonny's mob.  Double court costs to the plaintiff.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And given what he's said about Valentin, no one should allow him to be around Charlotte unsupervised.

I'll refrain from saying bad things about Spencer for a day if he "accidentally" drowns Charlotte in the sink.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Emily bought it with her own money, then it would be Nik's personal property and Spencer would inherit.

Nik and Emily weren't married when she died, were they? Didn't Zombie Diego kill her before their wedding?

Watch Ghost!Stone be the one to convince Sonny to stay in the mob.  "It's okay, if anyone gives you any grief about it, remind them how nice you were to me!  But don't mention that time you took a hit out on my brother!"

• Love 9

The only good reason for a Ghost!Stone appearance is to say something like this to Sonny: "You were a coward to go up on MY BRIDGE with a gun, to committ suicide.  Don't you ever upset Robin like that again! She deserves better, after all she has suffered because of me, and you too. Now stop whining and take some responsibility for your terrible behavior, and life choices."

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I loved the Stone/Robin storyline in 1995, but having Ghost!Stone come back to tell Sonny he's good enough, he's smart enough and, gosh darnit, people like him, is NOT something I want to see ever.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Watch Ghost!Stone be the one to convince Sonny to stay in the mob.  "It's okay, if anyone gives you any grief about it, remind them how nice you were to me!  But don't mention that time you took a hit out on my brother!"

Also, "Awww.  It's okay, Sonny.  Don't mention Karen Wexler either.  I won't tell anyone about you taking advantage of an abused young girl, if you won't!  Especially since your dimples are so dreamy!"

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny does his best to calm Carly down.

You know how hysterical those wimmins get. #eyeroll

Carly does get wound up, especially when it comes to stuff like Nelle dating Michael. I'll allow this one.

He begins his plans for the next chapter of his life aware of the challenges he’ll face. Will Sonny find himself pulled in opposite directions?

No duh, Show. As if they'll ever take Sonny completely out of the mob. As always, the timing for this is way wrong, and the story is being done in the stupidest possible way.

• Love 1
On 7/4/2017 at 2:06 AM, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

He has a story to tell but SBu spoiled it by jumping ship.

If SBu is resuming the role as Jason and McBain is coming back, I wouldn't mind seeing the continuation of that storyline. It was the first time ever SB's Jason was on the loosing end

Otherwisw it'll be more of the same. Jesus Jason 

Considering how any characters were destroyed over the years in the name of the Holy Hitman, I've never minded Jason being regarded as the bad guy for a change. He was exalted for robbing AJ of the chance to be a father, Tony was trashed for him, Zander was set up (and never exonerated), cops were evil for wanting to arrest him for being a mass murderer - allowing Jason to lose was (and early McBain not thinking that Jason should be backup to deal with a hostage crisis, unlike Guza's version of Mac and Dante) was positive.

• Love 8