Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Nice to see maybe four Quartermaines huddled around that fuckin' McDonald's little round table in the middle of the goddamn living room!

Also nice to know that only the man who tried to slit her throat with the dagger that killed her mother can save Alexis from herself.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Shit. I just realized something - Julian is (probably) going to blackmail Alexis into taking him back. He won't tell the cops that she's the one who hit him if she gives him another chance. Fuck Jelly. 

Nah, they're trying to redeem him. Kinda. He just held a knife to her throat cause of reasons beyond his controooool.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nah, they're trying to redeem him. Kinda. He just held a knife to her throat cause of reasons beyond his controooool.

They're also trying to redeem Freako but that doesn't stop them from writing him as a creepy, violent, whiny, narcissistic piece of shit. 

• Love 6

That's too bad. I think they went to the Qs for Thanksgiving the year that he died but I think they were in the midst of dealing with "what happened in Hawaii"* and Jason flipped out, flipped a table and left.

* ™️ Franco

Edited by Oracle42

I'm going to be really annoyed if Michael doesn't at least stop by the Quartermaines.  He's been showing up at their Thanksgivings for a while now, even during Guza's reign.  Jelly putting an end to that so he can hang out with Sonny or Nelle would really tick me off.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He was unhinged by lurve. It happens to everyone. 

At least it wasn't a BulletOfLove! (*dry heaves*) 

Alexis is going to be stuck Julian forever,  isn't she?

Oh no.  Read spoilers that, on 12/6, Lulu takes an interest in Charlotte and then, on 12/7, she and Dante seek answers about Charlotte.

I mean, we all knew this stupidity was coming.  But seriously, why are they flying through these beats?  This kid WE DON'T CARE about will have had four dads in less than two months!

• Love 9
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:56 AM, TeeVee329 said:

More snooze-y sweeps spoilers: http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2016/11/general-hospital-spoilers-november-21-25-2016-edition/

Interestingly, not that the description blurb mentions this, but the encore episode on Thanksgiving is the one right after the reveal about Sonny murdering AJ/Michael changing his name to Quartermaine and the "special moment" Carly and Sonny share has her visiting him in jail and him sending her away.

BOOO.  Scotty stabbing Lucy in the back in favor of Ava is no bueno.

So, finally a good episode of GH on Thanksgiving?  That's why it's my favorite holiday.  I will actually watch live for this because I freaking love that whole string of episodes.  Almost as much as the ones when AJ actually came back and told Michael all about the truth about everything.   I am literally squeeing in delight.  I haven't been this happy since another ABC soap reaired a certain wedding with gold balloons. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, ulkis said:

#GH #GeneralHospital We will see Skipper Edgar on December 5th

https://twitter.com/Daytime_Spoiler/status/799459202087473152?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

"Skipper Edgar"? Come on now!

I'm not surprised, as Jelly cribs their material from old Ron scripts, BSC books, SVH books, and the shows that came on TeenNick after and before Degrassi. 

• Love 1

Apparently some Nathan Varni post on Facebook with a new promo showing Sonny and Nelle in bed together. I'm guessing it's a fakeout. I'm not friends with him on FB, so I can't bring it over. But someone on Twitter posted some stills from it. Ewwww.

• Love 2

It looks like she's gaslighting Sonny, which I really hope is the case. He gets super drunk, she helps him upstairs (or maybe she carries him; hee) and into bed, and climbs in with him. That's actually much more entertaining than sleeping with him for real. 

If the genders were switched I'd be totally squicked out, but it's Sonny. He deserves some trouble.

• Love 10

I'm sure Nelly's plan will end up being stupid, as will her motivation for going after Sonny/Carly/Michael/etc. That letter she got from her father makes me think they're already setting it up so he'll be the one forcing her to do this, which will probably make then whole thing even more worthless. Also, Nelly isn't a compelling character and Jelly hasn't given the audience enough info for me to care about what she's doing.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Apparently some Nathan Varni post on Facebook with a new promo showing Sonny and Nelle in bed together. I'm guessing it's a fakeout. I'm not friends with him on FB, so I can't bring it over. But someone on Twitter posted some stills from it. Ewwww.

I am friends with him on FB (he wished me happy birthday and wished me well on my upcoming surgery for possible ovarian cancer).  People are commenting strange things.  He's responded (to paraphrase) "Things aren't always what they seem."  My guess, to go by promo and scenes, is that Nelle is AJ's daughter no one knew about and is getting revenge on Carson because they didn't pay for anything they did to AJ.  My reasoning:

-this whole Sonny/Nelle thing is very Carly/Tony Jones/Bobbie

-the Nelle/Michael chess scene, plus Nelle seems to want to get to know Michael/seems like she knows Michael already, like someone who loves Michael told her about him

-Nelle seemed to feel for Morgan, who was the AJ of the Corinthos family

-Nelle seems angry at Kiki, why would she have an unfavorable opinion of Ava's daughter?

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Nelle seems angry at Kiki, why would she have an unfavorable opinion of Ava's daughter?

Well, because outside of her potential relationship with Dillon, anyone except Ava should have an unfavorable opinion of Kiki. She sucks.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It looks like she's gaslighting Sonny, which I really hope is the case. He gets super drunk, she helps him upstairs (or maybe she carries him; hee) and into bed, and climbs in with him. That's actually much more entertaining than sleeping with him for real. 

If the genders were switched I'd be totally squicked out, but it's Sonny. He deserves some trouble.

I dunno. I don't like this. This isn't directed at you, but if the roles WERE reversed, and a man got into bed like this with a woman (does Nelle undress him?), people would be all over Jelly for, once again, downplaying sexual assault. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Well, because outside of her potential relationship with Dillon, anyone except Ava should have an unfavorable opinion of Kiki. She sucks.

50 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

...she's met her?

Well, obviously, but she seems to actually know her.   I was getting at Kiki/Ava lying about Kiki being a Quartermaine, which lead to AJ's downward spiral, Kiki drugging Michael, Kiki being a surrogate daughter for Franco (who got Michael raped)- all reasons that AJ would really not like her.  Plus, Ava did frame AJ for Connie's murder and get AJ killed.  A daughter of AJ/sister of  Michael would hate her. 

6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm sure Nelly's plan will end up being stupid, as will her motivation for going after Sonny/Carly/Michael/etc.

Well, yes, but I'm going to enjoy the few minutes I can. Ha!

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

This isn't directed at you, but if the roles WERE reversed, and a man got into bed like this with a woman (does Nelle undress him?), people would be all over Jelly for, once again, downplaying sexual assault. 

I totally get this. 

We don't yet know the circumstances of Sonny and Nelle ending up together in bed, but it's clear there's some sort of shenanigans. Might as well be against Sonny for once.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I dunno. I don't like this. This isn't directed at you, but if the roles WERE reversed, and a man got into bed like this with a woman (does Nelle undress him?), people would be all over Jelly for, once again, downplaying sexual assault. 

I thought this too, but then I decided since it's Sonny I don't care. LOL I'm a hypocrite.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Agreed.  As far as I can tell, if Nelle does pull the "get drunk Sonny into bed and make him think they slept together while he was too out of it to want it" thing, the only difference between that and Franco/Sam or Ric/Carly would be that Sonny can't end up pregnant and unsure whether the mother is his wife or the person he believes sexually assaulted him.  

I don't have a blanket "no rape stories whatsoever" policy for soaps.  Some rape stories over the years have been very powerful.  But, the last time GH managed to do it right was Liz's rape.  And, in the years since, they've managed to shit all over that one.  And I don't know if any soap has ever done a good sexual assault story with the man in the role of victim.  Michael's story could have been good, and it did have some well done moments, but then it just turned into Sonny and Jason's pain, and Sam hiring a strooker to help him get over it.  

And then there's the Sonny element.  I don't want Nelle's actions to free pass Sonny's actions.  He's done a lot of shit over the years that he should be paying for, and there's always some reason to wave the magic wand of forgiveness over him.  Screw that. Let him suffer for a good long time here.  I don't want this to become "poor Sonny" being victimized by "evil Nelle."  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

And then there's the Sonny element.  I don't want Nelle's actions to free pass Sonny's actions.  He's done a lot of shit over the years that he should be paying for, and there's always some reason to wave the magic wand of forgiveness over him.  Screw that. Let him suffer for a good long time here.  I don't want this to become "poor Sonny" being victimized by "evil Nelle."  

Ugh really. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

That always happens, unfortunately. It's never Sonny's fault, he's always the victim of circumstances beyond his control.

I'm so annoyed they've already walked back Sonny's culpability in Morgan's death. I'm not surprised, of course. Jasus forbid Sonny feel bad for more than a week about anything. But it just drains the stories of any drama, and there's never much drama to begin with.

• Love 10

Sonny is the Victor Newman of PC. His pain is always deeper, always more important and almost always self inflicted. And he is always "forgiven" or at least in some insane rationalization justified. They both always win. And it kills the potential for any story.

• Love 9

I don't want this to become "poor Sonny" being victimized by "evil Nelle."  

MB really needs a vacation.  When does he enter contract negotiations?  I will accept the fact that Sonny has some fans but it'd be nice that if he does have to be on the show, he might try volunteering in a homeless shelter (sorry homeless folks), day care, church or at a hospital (hah!) - instead of having the main character of this show earn a living by threatening violence and inflicting violence on others.  It is not only repulsive but it makes me HATE the characters of Carly and Jason ('hate' doesn't touch my feelings for Sonny).  There isn't an episode that has Sonny, Carly, and Jason on it that they ever have to worry about money or be concerned about where the money comes from.  "Poor" Sonny indeed!  What a bunch of disgusting and vile major characters to have on a soap opera that is supposed to be about a hospital.  

I still am enjoying Nelle (until she becomes a Sonny apologist) and don't see how this won't be a 'poor Sonny' outcome with Michael caught in the middle.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, stlbf said:

Sonny is the Victor Newman of PC. His pain is always deeper, always more important and almost always self inflicted. And he is always "forgiven" or at least in some insane rationalization justified. They both always win. And it kills the potential for any story.

Sonny really having to pay, for a lengthy time, over killing AJ would have made for some interesting story.   There was so much potential there.  They could have had Michael go after his legit business (and Carly's hotel), while also helping the authorities take him down for his criminal enterprises.  I know leaving him in jail for any extended period of time was never going to happen, because they want Sonny/MB out there front and center.  So, fine, don't leave him incarcerated for long, but he should have lost everything.  I'm guessing that I'd be way more interested in watching Mo's Sonny try to essentially start over with nothing.  Watch him have to earn people's respect and trust.  There are ways for this show to keep Sonny heavily featured while actually telling some interesting story, but they steadfastly refuse to do it.  

And, now, we could have had some interesting story where he accepts his responsibility for Morgan's death and has to actually truly deal with the fallout.  But, nope, he'll be all sparkly clean again before Valentine's Day (at the latest).  And he'll just carry on being a mob boss, without a single thought for the fact that his lifestyle has repeatedly endangered his children.  

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I cannot wait until Carly finds out because Laura Wright will rip that scene to shreds.

I'm torn on this. Nelle's plan is idiotic no matter what the reason, and Sonny deserves all the contempt there is. But Carly was still married to Jax when she and Sonny had Limo!Sex after putting Michael in the Facility That Jax Found, so she can shut it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Sonny really having to pay, for a lengthy time, over killing AJ would have made for some interesting story.   There was so much potential there.  They could have had Michael go after his legit business (and Carly's hotel), while also helping the authorities take him down for his criminal enterprises.  I know leaving him in jail for any extended period of time was never going to happen, because they want Sonny/MB out there front and center.  So, fine, don't leave him incarcerated for long, but he should have lost everything.

I would have settled for Michael being mad at sonny for longer than a month and a half.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

I would have settled for Michael being mad at sonny for longer than a month and a half.

Michael's hatred of his parents should have driven story for decades, but we ended up with some agenda crap that is so lazy on this show.    

• Love 10

I said before that Michael's reaction to Sonny and Carly's roles in AJ's death should have been like Jason and the Quartermaines after his accident - that they would have eventually been able to forge some kind of relationship, but that it was completely, irrevocably changed. 

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm torn on this. Nelle's plan is idiotic no matter what the reason, and Sonny deserves all the contempt there is. But Carly was still married to Jax when she and Sonny had Limo!Sex after putting Michael in the Facility That Jax Found, so she can shut it.

I'm sure he'll try and throw the Jax kiss in her face.  "Well, you kissed your ex-husband in a moment of weakness after the death of our son so I slept with a girl the same age as our other son who I know you're very fond of to make myself feel better.  Don't you see, we're the same!".  Nope.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Sonny really having to pay, for a lengthy time, over killing AJ would have made for some interesting story.   There was so much potential there.  They could have had Michael go after his legit business (and Carly's hotel), while also helping the authorities take him down for his criminal enterprises.  I know leaving him in jail for any extended period of time was never going to happen, because they want Sonny/MB out there front and center.  So, fine, don't leave him incarcerated for long, but he should have lost everything.  I'm guessing that I'd be way more interested in watching Mo's Sonny try to essentially start over with nothing.  Watch him have to earn people's respect and trust.  There are ways for this show to keep Sonny heavily featured while actually telling some interesting story, but they steadfastly refuse to do it.  

And, now, we could have had some interesting story where he accepts his responsibility for Morgan's death and has to actually truly deal with the fallout.  But, nope, he'll be all sparkly clean again before Valentine's Day (at the latest).  And he'll just carry on being a mob boss, without a single thought for the fact that his lifestyle has repeatedly endangered his children.  

Yup. There was a ton of drama to mine with an angry Michael over AJ's murder and the cover up by Sonny and Carly. But we ended up with pathetic Michael. Giving Sonny and Carly back Avery, his forgiveness, his love, devotion and respect within a couple of months. How fucking boring. Only this asshat show with its hack writers could do that.

Sonny never pays. He causes suffering for everyone in his life, but it is never his fault. This shit with Julian and the bomb is stupid. "But I called the hit off!" So that trumps you paying for another human being murdered? It doesn't count? This fucking show. Solicitation of murder is still a felony. You "calling it off at the last second."  doesn't negate the felony.

Sonny shot Dante, an undercover police officer, point blank in the chest. But he doesn't face charges because he is Dante’s secret sperm donor? And if Sonny had known that Dante was his son, he wouldn't have planned on MURDERING him? And that makes it ok, show? ASSHATS!

• Love 11

There's always a chance to roll Michael back to where he was post-A.J. - the more Sonny and Carly keep getting people they love hurt or killed, the more Michael can relapse. It should happen with Morgan, of course, but they're going to whitewash that which is so pathetic. It's all just so pathetic. They want Sonny on this show as a romantic lead but they also want mob antics, and they have no courage behind any conviction, with him, with Franco, with anyone. It's so tiresome. It was tired ten years ago and it's worse now. They also pass up an excellent opportunity to do a Jason vs. Sonny storyline in which Jason flips on him for the WSB - something I have only blathered about eight hundred times - simply because they don't want to write anything else, and presumably nor does the network, but at this point I really doubt the network gives a serious shit.

I would have no problem revealing that Monica hid A.J.'s survival again, and that she let Michael in on it not long ago, perhaps after Morgan's death. And that he hid it because of that.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, jsbt said:

simply because they don't want to write anything else, and presumably nor does the network, but at this point I really doubt the network gives a serious shit.

GH is just treading water until the network finds the cheaper replacement show that finally sticks. Sigh.

• Love 2

I don't support Jason v Sonny simply because I'd rather anyone besides Jason to take down Sonny. Except Franco or Finn. But I'd take Maxie v Sonny over Jason v Sonny.

I don't think they JP/SA want him in the mob. I think either they're scared to take him out or FV/MB is influencing keeping him in.

I think Sonny as a romantic lead, whether he is in the mob or no, is just tired.  Anna can't investigate Carlos without Sonny getting involved, the cops can't do anything without Sonny getting involved, Michael can't go find Sabrina without Sonny's help. He needs that ankle bracelet full-time to keep him away.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8