Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Laura should tell Sonny she's sorry for his loss and leave it at that. There's no reason for her to do more than that, especially commiserate. (I realize this wording is probably not the OP's but the person who wrote the spoiler.)

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I never felt that Guza pushed Diego. Guza, for example, pushed Ethan (who had an abuse victim thrown under the bus to prop his worthless ass after the Luke/Holly debacle had fans hating him). Diego's awful stories (like hitting on SWSNBN and blaming his father for... reasons that were never, ever properly articulated...) seemed like filler, mostly.

Sure, Diego had content, but Guza never did anything much to try and get fans to like him despite playing the son of a popular character like Lorenzo Alcazar.

Heck, he was the inconsistent plot device used to make certain plots move forward, like the PC stalker plot. Guza would never do that to a character he actually liked, like JJ's Lucky or Ethan.

Oh, I disagree.  Guza pushed him to holy hell when he first arrived.  In fact, he tried his entire first year to make him happen.  It was only around the time that Jesse came on that he abandoned him, made him the crazy stalker, and started making Jesse his pet project instead.  Until then, though, I thought he was getting the clear pet treatment.

Again, ironic, because that was around the time they were teasing him with Maxie, and that was when he finally did start catching on.  At least he gave him another try after the stalker storyline, while he got the hint that very few liked Jesse and finally accepted that he wasn't happening and dumped him after eight or nine months.  Another form of irony.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Michel said:

Oh, I disagree.  Guza pushed him to holy hell when he first arrived.  In fact, he tried his entire first year to make him happen.  It was only around the time that Jesse came on that he abandoned him, made him the crazy stalker, and started making Jesse his pet project instead.  Until then, though, I thought he was getting the clear pet treatment.

Again, ironic, because that was around the time they were teasing him with Maxie, and that was when he finally did start catching on.  At least he gave him another try after the stalker storyline, while he got the hint that very few liked Jesse and finally accepted that he wasn't happening and dumped him after eight or nine months.  Another form of irony.

Diego had screentime, but that's not the same as pushing him. Diego looked foolish when he was hitting on Courtney, he was made to look foolish in scenes with Sonny and Jason. Compare Diego's timid and weak scenes when Jason confronts him (because he was at the warehouse bombing) to Ethan holding his own when Jason demanded answers and he lied while Johnny Z was next to him. There's a very clear difference between the two.

Ethan was pushed; Kristina was vilified and sidelined in her own abuse storyline to prop Ethan. Franco is being pushed; he had Carly, and now Elizabeth, singing his praises after rescuing Michael and GH. Nothing comparable ever happened with Diego. Diego? He had some screentime, and that's pretty much all you can say about what he got; there was never any genuine effort to get fans to like him the way TIIC pushed Ethan or Franco.

The 'stalker' storyline was simply more evidence that they didn't care about Diego, because they would have never done that to a 'pet' character. Do you think Ethan would have ever been written as the PCU Stalker? Or Franco?

The last Steven Webber also got some screentime on GH and had a love interest who was previously involved with someone else on the canvas, but I wouldn't consider him a pet, either. Diego was no different.

• Love 1

Then why hire too old Diegoak? I really believe they initially were pushing him, but he went out of favor pretty quickly as Brooklynn went out of favor. As for Ethan, he was TG's pet, so he would get a measure of protection.

I don't believe that Kristina was sidelined in her abuse storyline for Ethan. The other men in her life, like Michael and her stupid father Sonny she was sidelined for. It was the general misogyny of the show.  I actually thought her accusing Ethan in order to protect Kiefer from being murdered by her dad because Ethan was Luke's and therefore "safe", was actually a decent plan.  Of course, stupid Sonny is still stupid, and still tried to go after him, forgetting that Luke is one of the few people that could bypass Jason and his other guards and in fact kill him. Of course that is Sonny in general, he thinks other people will either act decently or are weaker than while he can break any and every moral law because of his money and power. Even what happened with Ethan, Kristina should have still played out the storyline where she faces off against Kiefer in court. If the show was even the tiniest bit aware about what  big Sonny is, they would have acknowledged that Kiefer had more in common with Sonny than not.  

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Then why hire too old Diegoak? I really believe they initially were pushing him, but he went out of favor pretty quickly as Brooklynn went out of favor. As for Ethan, he was TG's pet, so he would get a measure of protection.

I don't believe that Kristina was sidelined in her abuse storyline for Ethan. The other men in her life, like Michael and her stupid father Sonny she was sidelined for. It was the general misogyny of the show.  I actually thought her accusing Ethan in order to protect Kiefer from being murdered by her dad because Ethan was Luke's and therefore "safe", was actually a decent plan.  Of course, stupid Sonny is still stupid, and still tried to go after him, forgetting that Luke is one of the few people that could bypass Jason and his other guards and in fact kill him. Of course that is Sonny in general, he thinks other people will either act decently or are weaker than while he can break any and every moral law because of his money and power. Even what happened with Ethan, Kristina should have still played out the storyline where she faces off against Kiefer in court. If the show was even the tiniest bit aware about what  big Sonny is, they would have acknowledged that Kiefer had more in common with Sonny than not.  

Stephen Webber and Larry were hired by TIIC, too. Are you going to tell me they were pushed since TIIC hired them?

All the examples I brought up with Diego happened early on, even before he was in a relationship with Brooklyn. I don't see how he was being pushed when he was constantly being put down in those early scenes. It's in opposition to how we've seen Guza and other HWs push characters, including how Franco is being pushed now by the show.

As for Kristina, are you kidding me? Kristina absolutely was sidelined. The story became about Ethan being a victim and how everyone turned on him because of the lie. It was written to focus on Ethan's plight and how this lie was hurting him.

Then there was the Luke v. Sonny plot as a result of Sonny wanting to kill Ethan rather than the show focusing on the abuse victim.

Ethan was the victim. Ethan had to deal with the fallout. Kristina apologized to Ethan because he was the victim, not her. He had a lot of screentime, and got sympathy from fans because Kristina was sacrificed to prop him. 

It wasn't about Kristina because TIIC had to get fans back on Ethan's side since fans hated him over the Luke/Holly debacle, and NP openly admitted fans hated him at the time over that.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Stephen Webber and Larry were hired by TIIC, too. Are you going to tell me they were pushed since TIIC hired them?

All the examples I brought up with Diego happened early on, even before he was in a relationship with Brooklyn. I don't see how he was being pushed when he was constantly being put down in those early scenes. It's in opposition to how we've seen Guza and other HWs push characters, including how Franco is being pushed now by the show.

As for Kristina, are you kidding me? Kristina absolutely was sidelined. The story became about Ethan being a victim and how everyone turned on him because of the lie. It was written to focus on Ethan's plight and how this lie was hurting him.

Then there was the Luke v. Sonny plot as a result of Sonny wanting to kill Ethan rather than the show focusing on the abuse victim.

Ethan was the victim. Ethan had to deal with the fallout. Kristina apologized to Ethan because he was the victim, not her. He had a lot of screentime, and got sympathy from fans because Kristina was sacrificed to prop him. 

It wasn't about Kristina because TIIC had to get fans back on Ethan's side since fans hated him over the Luke/Holly debacle, and NP openly admitted fans hated him at the time over that.

Be careful. You are getting very close to insulting me. And here is my rebuttal:

Even though I was fine with the first actor that played adult SLW, I still maintain, that judging by other reported to have auditioned for the role, the casting was botched with a less talented and charismatic actor on purpose as Jason and Sonny had to stay the stars of the show, and saw what happened when they brought back Ted King as Lorenzo.  But unlike Diego, SLW is a legacy born on the show, not a character they created out of thin air, as was Lucky, who I assume you mean Larry. It changed on a dime when JJ assumed the role again. I think they had high hopes for Jacob Young being the shows version of Alicia Minshaw, but it failed. I remember Lucas being pushed to the side in favor of Diego being paired with Brooklyn. After Diego came on, Ryan Carnes only made what ammounted to a cameo when Lila died and his family went to her family. 

I also remember Ethan apologizing Kristina for the way he treated her when she came to the Haunted Star to flirt with him and he roughly handled her. Even though she nearly got him killed. People treating Ethan badly only seemed to go on for a few days. The storyline after the beating mostly seemed to be about Sonny. Sonny trying to get vengeance for Kristina. Sonny not understanding Kristina. Sonny being talked down by Jason. Sonny not being as bad as Kiefer’s dad because he didn’t physical abuse his kids. Him and Alexis being the same because Alexis accidentally killed Kiefer with her car. Of course, it wasn’t about the physical abuse that both Kiefer and Sonny experienced turning them both into shitty human beings that went on to abuse and control others. Ethan kind of retreated into the background when Sonny became more involved, only to be paired with his greatest pairing outside of PainTHan: his bromance with Johnny Zacharra.

Let's head this off at the pass.  This isn't even the right thread, so take it to the History thread if you want to have a respectful conversation about Kristina's abuse storyline.  This thread is for discussing/posting spoilers ONLY.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Attempting/threatening to kill himself in front of Morgan's casket at the funeral is a bit much even for him.

I'm not so sure. There's always room for Sonny to outdo himself when it comes to selfishness.

That promo is a humor godsend.

• Love 8

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm a terrible person. But I didn't mean for my son to get killed! I called off the hit! It wasn't my fault! Stop blaming me! I feel terrible!" Then he throws the gun across the altar and stomps ostentatiously out of the church. He goes back to retrieve it when everyone has left and has another of his stupid, interminable chats with God, who's seriously considering a throwing a thunderbolt or five right about now because he just can't with Michael "Sonny" Corinthos anymore. Even a benevolent God has limits.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:20 PM, HeatLifer said:
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

There's a comforting familiarity about Sonny being horrendously self-centered:

Where are Ghost AJ and Ghost Carrlos?   Now is when we need them the most!   Lol.  They still keep finding ways to use that shot of Sonny loading the gun.  Like, "Summer Lovin on GH!" *cue Sonny loading the gun*  "A sad death in the family!" *Sonny loading the gun*  "A new baby is born!"  *Sonny loading the gun*.   Is there anything that can't be used for?  

• Love 7

Will someone learn what Nelle is hiding?

Not for another six months, I'd guess.

Franco and Liz make plans for a special night together. Liz will stand her ground and Franco will try to make amends for what he did to Sam.

*wave of nausea hits*

Someone offers to buy Alexis a drink.

LOL.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco will try to make amends for what he did to Sam.

Now would be a good time for Sam to shoot him and claim self defense. Even mobster Jason, mobster Sonny, mobster Julian, or hit and run driver Alexis doing their jobs would be acceptable. 

• Love 6

These spoilers are boring isn't it supposed to be sweeps lol.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

The spoilers did confirm that Lucy and Scotty are still "bed buddies", though they haven't shared a scene in forever.

True and of course it sounds like there spoiler has something to do with Ava lol.

If I find the article I will link, but it talks about how the writers are attempting to redeem Franco. I think it's in SOD. They acknowledge that a subset of viewers won't accept Franco no matter what he says or does and that even having him in the same camera shot as Sam is glamorizing rape. But they say that "we should always feel that there is a part of Franco we can't quite grasp, we need to feel that he is groping towards worthiness. Otherwise he isn't a sympathetic character at all."

But - he isn't and hasn't ever been "groping towards worthiness." And, considering what Franco has done, namely to Sam and Michael, perhaps GROPING isn't the best word to use, writers?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 13

TPTB are clueless in the sense that their priority is to keep actors they like on the show. My question, though, will always be....then why take the characters TOO far? This applies to Franco, Dr. O, Nina, Sonny, and Ava, to name a few. They write outrageous things for these characters to do and then expect the audience to "forget it" and "move on" without properly acknowledging what was done. It doesn't work that way.

• Love 13

They acknowledge what they've done, but they take no responsibility for it. "I didn't mean to!" "It was a tumor!" "I called off the hit!" "The Devil made me do it!" You can't redeem someone if he isn't willing to change his behavior in a meaningful way. The way they're writing Franco (and the way RoHo is playing him) has him so react so grudgingly and resentfully that it's useless.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

If I find the article I will link, but it talks about how the writers are attempting to redeem Franco. I think it's in SOD. They acknowledge that a subset of viewers won't accept Franco no matter what he says or does and that even having him on the same camera shot is glamorizing rape. But they say that "we should always feel that there is a part of Franco we can't quite grasp, we need to feel that he is groping towards worthiness. Otherwise he isn't a sympathetic character at all."

But - he isn't and hasn't ever been "groping towards worthiness." And, considering what Franco has done, namely to Sam, and Michael, perhaps GROPING isn't the best word to use, writers?

Jelly are failures with zero talent.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Oooh, if Nelly gets with Michael she'll probably die eventually.

Well, hmm.... that is true.... Michael... have you met Nina Reeves, editor in chief of Crimson?   Michael, I'd also like you to meet Hayden Rachel Greenlee Barnes.   Michael, have you thought of getting into men and romancing Franco?  Literally, this power should be harnessed. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

No?  It sounds like from the spoilers that she at least has a thing for him.

She's gotta do Sonny first. Probably evil daddy will order her to seduce Sonny while she's really in love with Michael. 

But oh lord Michael/Kiki is such a bad idea. They look like brother and sister.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Michel said:

Abby and Sabrina might've died, but Starr and Kiki definitely didn't.

Because Kiki was tainted with Morgan.  The Corinthos /Spencer genes combined to make his sexy times with annoying women unkillable.  It's why Ava is still here despite being told a million times by Sonny that he's going to kill her.  They're probably going to get married soon.   Yawn.   I don't know who actually planted that car bomb, but they may have done GH a favor.  Morgan could've banged Nina.   Or GreenHayChelLee.  

57 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She's gotta do Sonny first. Probably evil daddy will order her to seduce Sonny while she's really in love with Michael. 

But oh lord Michael/Kiki is such a bad idea. They look like brother and sister.

Vomit.   Double vomit.  I want to fast forward to when Jelly/FV decide to pair up Mo/MSt.  I need the epic wooing and drama.  They'll repeat things and throw stuff at each other. It's perfect soap.  Gah.  Plus, we get more Nathan/Dante scenes.  They're the real supercouple of GH. 

• Love 2

He's on contract, isn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised if the show got rid of Andre.  The idea of pairing him with Anna seems to fizzled out, his relationship with Jordan is a bore, and the writers seem much more interested in Curtis.

On 11/10/2016 at 7:17 PM, Sake614 said:

You would think but I'm not sure. I mean, any sane God would have offed him years ago.

God doesn't want to take the chance that Sonny accidentally gets into Heaven, then He will never be shut off him.

On 11/11/2016 at 5:14 PM, Michel said:

Abby and Sabrina might've died, but Starr and Kiki definitely didn't.

Starr and Kiki had something in common.

21 hours ago, ulkis said:

He would've made much more sense as the Hospital Killer than Paul.  Maybe he'll kill Franco on the way out as a way of ridding GH of some terrible garbage.   But most likely, he'll end up collateral damage in some weird scenario where someone tries to kill another person and kills him.  The actor is pretty and talented, and the character is a doctor, so it sucks to lose another doctor.  Maybe Dr. Silas McFinn can now specialize in psychiatry as well now.  Oh joy. 

• Love 1

In SID, it says that Tom buys Alexis a drink in a bar and then she wakes up in a hotel room next morning and doesn't remember what happened. This . . . is going to be terrible, isn't it.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

In SID, it says that Tom buys Alexis a drink in a bar and then she wakes up in a hotel room next morning and doesn't remember what happened. This . . . is going to be terrible, isn't it.

WHAT IS THIS!?!??!? STOP. CANCEL. NOW.

/breathes 

• Love 15
Just now, HeatLifer said:

WHAT IS THIS!?!??!? STOP. CANCEL. NOW.

/breathes 

I'm thinking of two directions this could go so far, both of which are terrible.

-Alexis thinks Tom raped her, and Franco and Liz rep for innocent reformed Tom.

- Tom didn't rape her, but he's still bad, and innocent rapist Franco and innocent Julian protect their ladies from him.

The first scenario is especially terrible, but I could see JP/SA going there because . . . well, they're them.

• Love 5