Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Let's put it this way.  If the show is indeed going to bring back Serena, I am super glad that's not who Bree Williamson is playing on this show.

Lol.  We'd have alters like "Karena, Marena, and the male Bob."   Further confusing Kristina sexually even more.   

Still not giving up on that mega soap, are you, Frank?

I may owe Ron a partial (partial!) apology.  While he still regularly insulted the audience, clearly couldn't overcome his feelings that romance was "icky," and opted for the quick, groan-inducing joke instead of honest, emotional resonance, his  partner in crime got off the hook apparently. Because Ron may have been, some or much of the time, implementing Frank's vision for the show. And Frank's vision is horrifying, to say the least. 

Frank Valentini may be a walking illustration of the Peter principle. 

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, Francie said:

Still not giving up on that mega soap, are you, Frank?

I may owe Ron a partial (partial!) apology.  While he still regularly insulted the audience, clearly couldn't overcome his feelings that romance was "icky," and opted for the quick, groan-inducing joke instead of honest, emotional resonance, his  partner in crime got off the hook apparently. Because Ron may have been, some or much of the time, implementing Frank's vision for the show. And Frank's vision is horrifying, to say the least. 

Frank Valentini may be a walking illustration of the Peter principle. 

Possibly. I remember an old OLTL website that had a whole article written about Pam Long's firing from her HW position in 1998, was a good thing, but it became clear shortly afterwards that JFP was the real problem (to be fair, that person may have been unfamiliar with her history in daytime up to that point). I think there have been cases like that before.

But at the same time, people were pretty eager to get rid of Dena Higley on OLTL by 2007, and Ron, her successor, initially did pretty well (IMO, of course), and that was all under Frank. It could just be that Frank is either truly unaware that he is actively killing the show, or he's all out of fucks to give. I still tend to think that Ron was on his own planet; Frank just couldn't rein him in after awhile.

21 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I could see Jen Lilley playing Serena.  I rather like her.   

I think there were people, both at the time she joined the show and when she left, who really wanted this.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4

They're both on their own planets. Sometimes they were on the same planet. Frank used to potentially be very good at expediting a writer's vision, but these days he seems far too bent on his own. A lot of EPs in soaps take that too far - JFP did, and Wendy Riche also made her own mistakes.

And Ron used to love writing romance and emotional resonance - he wrote some of OLTL and I think GH's best single eps in the last 5-10 years himself - but he got lazy and petty, and high on his supply. They both did. That's why the show is as it is now.

I did want Jen Lilley to stay on the show as someone, and I might have said Serena, I can't recall. I thnk she's yet another Jesus freak in daytime which just tires me out, but I have liked her as Theresa on DOOL.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think FV and RC both have their strengths and weaknesses and I believe that RC loved soaps but I don't think either one if them is really passionate about General Hospital, specifically. 

I don't know whether she's super religious but it doesn't seem to affect her work on DOOL and that's all I really care about. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Well the guy that posted the BI posts on Daytime Royalty and said it's GH, not Lucky or Serena, and liked every post about it being Christina C and no other posts in the thread (along responding with to post by saying that people are splitting hairs by saying she's not technically a GH legacy child). That, along with TV S ounce, posting immediately about her this morning in response to the BI makes me think that's our answer. 

I think a lot of people online think it's Christina "CC" (ugh) Collins because of that leaked script page, but I still think that leaked script page deserves a whole shaker of salt poured over it.

• Love 6

That BI could  literally be anyone.   That's  what's messed up about this show.  It could be anyone but Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam/Morgan/Kiki relative.  It could be a relative of (if we go by contract players) Michael,  Dillion, Liz, Dante, Lulu,  Tracy.  It says it's someone fans want.  I want to say AJ, but I'll  say Lucky.  I'm  not sure if GF is on contract.  But I'm  sure that with this whole Jake 's time away story, Helena's will, and whatnot they'll need Lucky.  I don't  think "CC"  is coming.  

I dunno, Serena and/or Christina fit more with some of the other stuff we've been seeing - Lynn Herring saying Lucy has more story coming up, that "Jennifer" script from Showfax, etc.

But again, my policy on the Baldwin/Coe/Collins girls remains steadfast - I'll believe it when I see it.

• Love 4

I think her story is a Kevin/Lucy/Laura triangle.   Besides, no one who didn't watch PC would know who Christina is and newer viewers  wouldn't know Serena. But they do know Lucky.  Also, Lucky fits right  into stories with Anna, Maxie, The Q's, Sonny, Jason, Liz, etc. The rumor is that Nashville is being shopped to Netflix /Hulu, which would allow for JJ to film the GH schedule.   Frank likes his gets, so I'll call Lucky.   TG has been rumored to grace us with his presence as well.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

The rumor is that Nashville is being shopped to Netflix /Hulu, which would allow for JJ to film the GH schedule.

...I dunno how "Nashville" living on on Netflix or Hulu would allow JJ to film "General Hospital".  Or why he would want to.  He came back for TG's exit, but I don't think he has any desire to come back fulltime.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...I dunno how "Nashville" living on on Netflix or Hulu would allow JJ to film "General Hospital".  Or why he would want to.  He came back for TG's exit, but I don't think he has any desire to come back fulltime.

I just used that as an example if they'd use JJ.  Matt McGorry was on OITNB and HTGAWM at  the same time.   I'm  sure he'd recast. One of the sample scripts had Lucky.  Hell, he could cast both.  Who knows?  Maybe Lucky met up with Serena, which would be cool.  But I don't think Christina Baldwin is coming.  If one of the girls is coming now, it's Serena.  Maybe Christina later.  

(edited)

seems like that guy who had the BI has all but confirmed that it's Christina Collins.It does look like that script was fake though so whether or not she'll actually show up is another matter lol.

Edited by Harmony233

He's liking posts where people say it's Christina.  And she's Christina Baldwin.  Scotty and Lucy adopted her, then Lucy married Kevin.  Kevin became her stepfather.  Christina has 3 fathers- paramedic Frank Scanlon (her bio dad), Kevin, and adopted father Scotty.   Her bio mom is former Dr Julie Devlin.  She was named after Dr Chris Ramsay.  She actually did meet Livvie and Caleb, which is weird BTW.  Christina currently lives in Paris with Serena.  That's all anyone really knows about her.  I think she was about 5 when PC ended. She could be aged to Morgan/Michael age group tbh.  She is a brunette though.  Nolan North played her bio dad, and the actress who played her bio mom was a very pretty woman with curly dark hair. So, I hope this helps the spec on casting.  

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...I know who Christina is.  I just hadn't seen the Serial Scoop guy confirm it anywhere, though I wasn't checking his likes on Twitter.

I know.  I keep seeing Christina Collins and it drives me batty.  I'm like nooo.  It scares me that the show will ignore that Scotty adopted her with Lucy.  

• Love 1

I hate that I am not really interested in much of the spoilers out there. I don't think the show has more than a few years left in it, and I'd like to enjoy at least part of it before it gasps  the last breaths. So much of what I am reading is just so meh.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, jazzyscreenname said:

I'm imagining Molly Burnett's Maxie, Franco, Nina, and Morgan in a scenery chewing contest.   First prize is earplugs.

Frank's vision is soon to be a reality.   So much ham and cheese on screen you gonna need Tums! 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

SID's cover photo has VM,Sonny, Carley and a few other GH stars. Does this mean that we are going to get more boring Brenda?

I hope wardrobe has extra budget for all those sleeves.  But I won't lie, I wouldn't mind Brenda straight  up laughing at Sonny/Carly on their 5th marriage,  being disgusted at Sonny for killing AJ, laughing at Jason with feels, laughing at Gentle Farmer Franco, and seducing ELQ CEO Michael Quartermaine for funsies.   If Frank brings Brenda Barrett back, he better bring Brenda Barrett back.   

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Lillybee said:

The only way that I could tolerate a Brenda return is if she comes back with Michael's baby.

Shed have to be pro Q, anti Corinthos.   Which she may be since Sonny married Carly.  Lol at Sabrina having to go against Brenda.   She's no Robin.  She will claw your eyes out for funsies.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

NO MORE BABIES!

I'd take a Brenda/Michael one though because it'd accomplish so many goals.  Sabrina would cry herself into a coma from dehydration, Felix would roll his eyes into a seizure that would never end, Carly would go into a catatonic anger state, and Sonny would hang Michael on a meat hook which would raise AJ from the dead. The smug would be wiped from JaSam's faces forever (Billy Miller would have epic facial reactions).  Robin would probably be happy for Brenda because she's a good friend.  Tracy would invite Brenda to live in Q manor, which harkens back to the 90s.  And everyone else would freak out.  The reactions are worth it.  

But Brenda coming back married to an undead AJ with his kid?  Way better.  

• Love 10

SOD

6/6, Brad and Lucas make new plans; Franco offers to help Liz nab Hayden. #GH

Julian and Alexis have a major blow up when he confronts her for not burning the bloody shirt. He questions her loyalty. #GH

Nathan finally tells Maxie everything about Claudette. #GH

6/7, Things heat up between Kristina and Aaron; Sonny gets suspicious #GH

6/8, Anna suspects Paul's motives; Tracy makes a surprising offer; Morgan has reason to be hopeful. #GH

6/9, Jason finds incriminating evidence; Emma receives a gift; Griffin is questioned #GH

Kindly Kidnapper Franco. He's great.

• Love 3

On the positive, Lucas is conscious and Julian regained custody of his balls.  On the negative side, I'm getting a windowless van with a free candy side from Griffin in these spoilers.   I'm very uncomfortable.  I don't want a summer story of that.  I don't get Aaron/Kristina?  And why is Sonny mad?  And why is Morgan hopeful?  Ugh.  Also,  good job teaming up with Franco, Liz....said no one ever.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

SOD

6/6, Brad and Lucas make new plans

I don't trust that Lucas is gonna be awake by Monday.  More likely, Brad makes a new plan to send Lucas to an off-canvas long-term care facility.

If he is awake and they are making a new plan, it'll probably to get married off-screen.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I swear, if Emma gets another creepy gift from Griffin, I'm gonna call this show out.

It makes him look like a creeper. Robin needs to lay his ass out (too bad Patrick can't help there; you know he would, too).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

looks like Liz got the Brownstone.

Just what I was going to say. At least they're using the set again. It was stupid that they made this big production out of it, and then it was just empty and never seen.

• Love 3

The Brownstone was big enough to fit Kiki, Ava, Morgan,  and occasionally Silas.  It could hide 2 forgotten children and show one visible one.  What grosses me out is that Liz/Franco have a smush name and there are already explicit fantasy tweets about them.  For a coupling of two attractive people who can act and have chemistry,  I did barf as I read them.  My stomach can't take GH now.  Like, my crohns is flaring up, so my body is like rejecting the show.  I need a higher dose of nausea meds, better writing, and a barf bucket stat.  

• Love 1