Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I don't understand why - when major beats of the Lucy/Kevin/Bobbie and Lucas/Felix/Brad stories are relegated off-screen - Ron has even five minute of screen time to watse on Milo pursuing Piph.  I really thought Ron had stopped trying to make Milo happen, only bringing him in for the Nurses' Ball, but ugh, I guess I was wrong.

It will never stop. Every 6 months, Ron will get hammered, watch youtube videos of the Nurses Ball at 3 a.m., mumble to himself, "I don't know what the fuck everyone is talking about, Milo has the most gorgeous face on the planet" and write those scripts.

• Love 5

I think if they hadn't had to pull the plug on last summer's aborted Laura/Lucy Deception storyline - featuring Milo pursuing his long-ago dreams of male modeling, which is why he quit his job with Sonny - we would've eventually seen Felix wear Milo down into going to bed with him.

There were way too many scenes with curious, dim Milo chatting Felix up and being sort of blithe about sexuality in general in a way that I thought was very strange and nebulous. Ron was clearly working something out onscreen there with Derk(?) Cheetwood(?) and personal avatar Felix.

featuring Milo pursuing his long-ago dreams of male modeling

Milo's long-ago dreams were for personal training and nutrition, thank you very much.

(I'm so ashamed I remember this.)

There were way too many scenes with curious, dim Milo chatting Felix up and being sort of blithe about sexuality in general in a way that I thought was very strange and nebulous.

Those scenes were so embarrassing. And, as you noted, strange and nebulous. Not that it really mattered for a fifth-tier character like Milo, but it had been established that he was straight. He was part of the awful Three Stooges story with Lulu back when JMB played her.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I think if they hadn't had to pull the plug on last summer's aborted Laura/Lucy Deception storyline - featuring Milo pursuing his long-ago dreams of male modeling, which is why he quit his job with Sonny - we would've eventually seen Felix wear Milo down into going to bed with him.

There were way too many scenes with curious, dim Milo chatting Felix up and being sort of blithe about sexuality in general in a way that I thought was very strange and nebulous. Ron was clearly working something out onscreen there with Derk(?) Cheetwood(?) and personal avatar Felix.

I totally believed RC was aiming for Felo at the time.  There were indeed several instances that made me question Milo's sexuality including a very questionable conversation that he had with Kate/Connie.  Not getting this out-of-nowhere deal to bring him back to crush on Pip though, but then again Felix is also involved, so there's that.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2

I totally believed RC was aiming for Felo at the time. There were indeed several instances that made me question Milo's sexuality including a very questionable conversation that he had with Kate/Connie.

What conversation?  I do remember them having one at the Floating Rib where Connie encouraged Milo that the right woman would come along and, lo and behold, Amensia!Lulu strolled in the bar like ten seconds later.

And remember that stupid nonsense when Milo dated Sabrina for like ten seconds so they could "ramp up" Patrick's jealousy?

Maybe I'm biased because I really, really, REALLY did not want Ron to go there.  He probably would have strip mined Fish's OLTL coming out story for parts and I would have had to murder my television.

Edited by TeeVee329

What conversation?  I do remember them having one at the Floating Rib where Connie encouraged Milo that the right woman would come along and, lo and behold, Amensia!Lulu strolled in the bar like ten seconds later.

And remember that stupid nonsense when Milo dated Sabrina for like ten seconds so they could "ramp up" Patrick's jealousy?

Maybe I'm biased because I really, really, REALLY did not want Ron to go there.  He probably would have strip mined Fish's OLTL coming out story for parts and I would have had to murder my television.

It was things that Milo said about himself with regards to how his father thought and felt about certain things.  I can't quite remember the wording specifics, but I do remember it was another questionable moment about him and his potentially nebulous sexuality.

I thought they ended up tying that into his wanting to quit the mob and follow his passion (ew!) for health and fitness or whatever.  Don't get me wrong, Ron was definitely teasing it, but I'm not sure he was ever serious about pulling the trigger.

Ugh, I can't believe I have to deal with Milo again!

Edited by TeeVee329

I think she was on contract at one point -- I remember her being in the credits (the ones right before Cartini came and changed them to what they are now).

I don't think you have to be on contract to be in the credits though, do you? Because Monica was in those credits too and I'm pretty sure she wasn't on contract at that point.

I don't think you have to be on contract to be in the credits though, do you? Because Monica was in those credits too and I'm pretty sure she wasn't on contract at that point.

No, I don't think so. But, I do remember reading that she was on contract, and then a short while later, we were told she'd been put back on recurring.

Then why is the interwebs freaking out about her twitter announcement?

What twitter announcement?

& if they are pairing Piph & Milo at least Piph's getting some lovin'.  Though I'm sure it'll be played for laughs & I'm sure I don't really care.

I just checked and it looks like LC was taken off contract sometime around August 2010.  SE was on contract until March 2011 (which seems crazy as she was never really on all that much in the first place, but there you go).

• Love 1

I remember all the Milo/chicks stuff, and I do think they would've gone further with Milo and Amnesia Lulu if audience feedback hadn't shut that story down just like the almost-identical Teen Jessica story on OLTL before it. But I also thought the interactions with Felix had a very strange tenor. They kept going on and on, and I don't remember Milo ever really shutting Felix down all the way - he was like, in Ron's eyes anyway, the beautiful naïf of Port Charles who Felix was grooming. I don't know if they would have pulled the trigger but I found it a little pervy.

It's Kish II, starring Derk Cheetwood! Oh God I want to kill myself.

Edited by jsbt

Grrpants09, you are really devoted to that Billy Miller rumor, huh.

Stab me in the heart, why don't you!

I need something to look forward to. Since AJ as played by Karate's Next Bad Boy, SK was taken from me, my days are dark. BM needs to show his fine ass up right meow.

ugh, RKK is taping on Monday. Are these my choices for Lante? Babies or rapists? Badly acted, sound like a pirate rapists? I'd rather have Milo. YEAH I SAID IT.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

ugh, RKK is taping on Monday. Are these my choices for Lante? Babies or rapists?

Now now, they also recap things that happen to other people!

Ugh, Stavros.  The only tiny glimmer of a bright side is that it hopefully means Hells will be up and at 'em soon too!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

And I wonder what weak sauce they'll come up with to explain Laura's absense from such a story. 

Her arch-nemesis is terrorizing her daughter, but Laura's...got cooking class.  Yeah, that's it!

• Love 2

My guess is he will kidnap Lulu again. He will believe she is carrying his baby & they will be a family.

I wonder if all this filler type stuff is due to TG"s extended absence?

And I wonder what weak sauce they'll come up with to explain Laura's absense from such a story.

Laura? Laura? Laura? Who is this Laura, you speak ?<sarcasm>

ugh, RKK is taping on Monday. Are these my choices for Lante? Babies or rapists? Badly acted, sound like a pirate rapists? I'd rather have Milo. YEAH I SAID IT.

Are you ready for the return of the social media outcry that Robert Kelker-Kelly needs to be signed to a contract while the ladies have to just get over it? I know I am!

(I honestly don't mind RKK appearing in short stints as Stavros, I think he's an excellent actor, but this is a guy with a very checkered history who is playing an undead rapist psychopath - he's not getting a contract, freaks of the Internet, move on.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

If they ever offered RKK a contract before Stephen Nichols I would have to just eternally spam Ron on twitter. No. No.

My guess is he will kidnap Lulu again. He will believe she is carrying his baby & they will be a family.

I wonder if all this filler type stuff is due to TG"s extended absence?

I always figured they'd bring him back, but I was HOPING they wouldn't.

Are you ready for the return of the social media outcry that Robert Kelker-Kelly needs to be signed to a contract while the ladies have to just get over it? I know I am!

I'm preparing my shot glasses so I can take a shot every time Stavros says "Ice princess".

• Love 3

RKK's Stavros ruined whatever gravitas that character had. And the guy who played him in the early 80s had some serious gravitas and was believable as a sinister, rapist...someone that I could believe Laura was afraid of.

What, you don't think Frank's garage with steam blowing out from his dryer exhaust vent doubling as a cryochamber didn't convey enough gravitas?

• Love 2

Stavros - and the cryochambers, the mad scientists, etc. - is just one of those things I accept as quintessential GH. He is an insane, evil demon from beyond the grave and I knew that wasn't the end of it for him or Helena. Nor should it have been. He was on way too briefly last time for me. They got him right, unlike the JFP/Megan McTavish era when they were trying to sort of semi-sell him as a tortured, misunderstood soul (a la Franco!) because Jill was in love with RKK, and this was even after Stavros had killed poor Chloe. The only reason that shit stopped was because of 9/11, when ABC ordered Jill to end the story which would've culminated in a terrorist attack.

If you sell it right I will watch the Cassadines do almost anything. I thought he was creepy as hell last time and I enjoyed the crazy story for what it was. This nutty shit is a part of GH, and it's more a part of it than Franco or Nina or whatever.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Aren't we about due for another exciting location shoot in Frank's garage soon?  November sweeps, maybe?

Dante, Nathan, Sam, Patrick and NuJason must rescue Maxie, Lulu and Robin from the clutches of Unfrozen Stavros, Victor/Tony DiMera and Levi Dunkleman.

(Meanwhile, Sebastian Roche tapes another drop-in talking to the camera as we discover that Jerry Jacks kidnapped Laura months ago.)

• Love 3

Stavros - and the cryochambers, the mad scientists, etc. - is just one of those things I accept as quintessential GH. He is an insane, evil demon from beyond the grave and I knew that wasn't the end of it for him or Helena. Nor should it have been. He was on way too briefly last time for me. They got him right, unlike the JFP/Megan McTavish era when they were trying to sort of semi-sell him as a tortured, misunderstood soul (a la Franco!) because Jill was in love with RKK, and this was even after Stavros had killed poor Chloe. The only reason that shit stopped was because of 9/11, when ABC ordered Jill to end the story which would've culminated in a terrorist attack.

If you sell it right I will watch the Cassadines do almost anything. I thought he was creepy as hell last time and I enjoyed the crazy story for what it was. This nutty shit is a part of GH, and it's more a part of it than Franco or Nina or whatever.

I prefer adventures to be more along the water toxin crisis line. The ice chambers were a little too much for me, and so was RKK's performance. Too bad they can't get the original guy back, or someone akin to him. All I see are teeth when it comes to RKK. I definitely do prefer it to Franco and Nina, but the bar's not high there.

I wanna talk about the other stuff so I'm gonna go create a Cassadine thread.

Dante, Nathan, Sam, Patrick and NuJason must rescue Maxie, Lulu and Robin from the clutches of Unfrozen Stavros, Victor/Tony DiMera and Levi Dunkleman.

If it turns out that Nathan was a robot planted by Stavros and Helena I'd give Ron some points for that.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

IIRC, the original guy was only hired because he was Genie's man at the time. They broke up (in a nasty way, I believe) and that was that.

I think there's a time for more restrained adventure and then there's a time for crazy shit. But I've always enjoyed seeing the crazy adventure/sci-fi shit going hand in hand with the more grounded social drama, because I think those two strains are the essence of GH. Ron, OTOH, pushed me beyond even my limits quite a while ago.

Edited by jsbt
This nutty shit is a part of GH

and

But I've always enjoyed seeing the crazy adventure/sci-fi shit going hand in hand with the more grounded social drama, because I think those two strains are the essence of GH.

I think Ron does a great job with Stavros. Seriously. Ron can camp it up to high heaven, which is really how Stavros should be portrayed. And RKK totally understands what Ron is going for, which is important. Stavros is like our own Mitch Lawrence. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's mine, especially when used in small doses. One of my all-time-favorite Mitch scenes is still when he rose out of Jared's casket. I still can't believe it actually happened, it was so out there. The camp was off the charts, but it totally worked for me. As long as Stavros doesn't get too rapey, I'll buy what he's selling this time around.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I admit, I miss my Cassadines, but RKK...the one fucking time I would have allowed Ron his sick rape fanasties, they had to shift Sam's daddy to someone who still, for the life of me, makes little sense.

• Love 2
It would be awesome though. I still don't understand how they could just write off AJ when they planned on bringing back Jason.  Makes no sense to me.

If I'm feeling cynical (which is most of the time), I'd suspect that they feared SK's AJ would "outrank" NuJason in some viewer's eyes, and too many people would root for AJ when we all know that Jasus is our Lord and Savior.  

Milo/Piph?  Oh, Piph, honey, have some standards. 

• Love 3

ugh, RKK is taping on Monday.

RKK's Stavros ruined whatever gravitas that character had.

I think RKK plays the character just fine, it's just that he seems more than a little old to be paired with Lulu.  Couldn't he have a son who carries on the great Cassadine male tradition of obsessing over Spencer women?

• Love 2

Cableguide spoilers:

MON: Nathan confronts Levi; Mac & Maxie talk about Nathan.

TUE: Sam & Patrick work together; Lulu grills Maxie.

WED: Nikolas & Liz have lunch; Sonny & Olivia talk.

THU: Shots ring out at the wedding.

FRI: Lucas makes his choice; Nina has a secret.

[sarcasm] this sounds like a super-dooper exciting week [/sarcasm]

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2