Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I hate the mob but what i really hate is the fact te bring old mob familys to town and the actual people they have histoy with it all ends up being about sonny.They might as well rename this show the sonny corthinthos show.

• Love 3

If the Asian story features Sonny at the middle of it, or the Jerome family, I will have a black out rage the likes of which have rarely, if even, been seen before.

And if they have Anna being deferential to Sonny?  I will go ape shit, black out rage, barware throwing crazy.  Like create a blog designed to bring whatever public attention can be brought to the misogyny of daytime and dedicated to either changing things or tearing this shit down crazy.  

Like I said, flat out crazy.

• Love 10

If the Asian story features Sonny at the middle of it, or the Jerome family, I will have a black out rage the likes of which have rarely, if even, been seen before.

And if they have Anna being deferential to Sonny?  I will go ape shit, black out rage, barware throwing crazy.  Like create a blog designed to bring whatever public attention can be brought to the misogyny of daytime and dedicated to either changing things or tearing this shit down crazy.  

Like I said, flat out crazy.

You'd best prepare yourself.  But who knows if she will becomes commissioner again.

But I have a feeling poor Jordan is going to be sacrificed for Sonny. 

I still can't get over that RC had a TWO YEAR timeline for the Jason reveal. TWO YEARS. He had BILLY MILLER and he wanted him to play JAKE DOE for TWO YEARS.

:O

The fact that RC wanted the story to play out slowly is actually old school soapy. There have been stories in soap history that took much longer to play out. One that comes to mind is Mike Horton's paternity on DOOL. I wasn't born when the story started, and too young to watch when the reveal happened, but that secret lasted almost ten years in real time, and about 18 years in soap time if you allow for the SORASng they did to the character before the reveal.

I do remember Days in the mid/late 80's, and they took their time with stories then, too. So two years? Meh. Child's play.

The problem wasn't in the length of time. The problem was in the construction of the story, period.

• Love 3
But I have a feeling poor Jordan is going to be sacrificed for Sonny.

Well, of course.  It's like back in biblical times, if your husband died, you were expected to marry his brother.  These days, if your hit man boyfriend goes to jail, you have to sleep with the moobster he worked for. 

• Love 4

Can someone please explain to me why this show is still called General Hospital when almost nothing happens there or involves doctors and all the focus is on a serial killer, corporate espionage and the mob? Did everyone forget what a hospital is?

I was really hoping that the new writers would be aware of this issue and work on course correcting the show and placing a little more focus on the hospital and the doctors (no, Obrecht does not count) but, sadly, it does not seem like that is going to happen.

Its focused on a doctor right now. A DEAD ONE..tiic They got rid of one problem writer, but they kept the one with the power who allowed him to run wild. frank ok'd all the BS . Just because the ep keeps the cost down doesn't mean the show will get better. It isn't. Right now they are playing CLUE with a who dunn-it. TIIC don't know they are playing it by ear. Maybe the one who is coming on contract, and won't sign for less. Really doesn't matter though .No one pays for their crimes on GH

I'm not at all encouraged by the reports of the Corinthos family "once again" being front and center.  Are Sonny and Carly supposed to be the new Edward and Lila or something?  Good god, meet the new crap, same as the old crap. Ugh.  The only Corinthos I'd have any interest in seeing front and center would be Dante.

• Love 6

Well, of course.  It's like back in biblical times, if your husband died, you were expected to marry his brother.  These days, if your hit man boyfriend goes to jail, you have to sleep with the moobster he worked for. 

hee. I don't think she's gonna sleep with him though. Just get into the Sonny vendetta and then realize the Error of her Ways and quit or get fired or die or something.

If its back to the sonny show I am back to the barge. I have shut the show off for years the last time they killed off AJ. Came back to see JJ, saw what they did to him. goodbye. I am so glad you guys are here. I don't have to watch and help the ratings.

The fact that RC wanted the story to play out slowly is actually old school soapy. There have been stories in soap history that took much longer to play out. One that comes to mind is Mike Horton's paternity on DOOL. I wasn't born when the story started, and too young to watch when the reveal happened, but that secret lasted almost ten years in real time, and about 18 years in soap time if you allow for the SORASng they did to the character before the reveal.

I do remember Days in the mid/late 80's, and they took their time with stories then, too. So two years? Meh. Child's play.

The problem wasn't in the length of time. The problem was in the construction of the story, period.

I don't disagree with you. But I think things are different in today's TV world. Time does matter. Attention spans, like my own, are shorter.

• Love 1

hee. I don't think she's gonna sleep with him though. Just get into the Sonny vendetta and then realize the Error of her Ways and quit or get fired or die or something.

Jordan only get fired or die?  You optimist, you! #NotchOnSonnysBedpostByThanksgiving

• Love 3

I don't disagree with you. But I think things are different in today's TV world. Time does matter. Attention spans, like my own, are shorter.

I think people would be willing to wait a little bit, if it's told well. Not 7 years, but a year I don't think is too much. But what we should be seeing is maybe Jason and Sam falling in love again, or maybe Jason and Sam falling into hate, so to speak, and then they are both horrified later on to realize they're husband and wife. Not this total crap that is designed to stall the reveal for lame reasons. Don't have Ric hire a fake wife to distract him from fake wannabe wife Liz. That's ridiculous. All that needed was for Nikolas to hire another fake wife to say no, Rebecca Budig was faking and SHE was the real wife!

I think the last secret that was kept for a long enough amount of time without being too long or too short was Dante's paternity, probably. Too bad the aftermath was shortchanged, as usual.

• Love 5

I think the ultimate reveal could have happened over the course of one year or two.  But not this stagnant situation of Elizabeth knowing and keeping the secret to hold on to him.

It could have been a lot more like the Fugitive, except instead of looking for the killer, "Jake Doe" could have been looking for his identity.  It definitely would have to steer clear of all the false dead ends, twists, turns, and re-sets that daytime's writers lazily rely upon.  Like how I heard that they did for Rex's paternity on OLTL. 

The story would have had to have progression.  There has to be an actual story, and whatever it was, it would walk in parallel with a progression of the love and romance aspects.  They could have played upon Jason's medical knowledge and his interest in motorcycles. One draws him further into a world with Sam.  The other draws him into a medical world with Elizabeth and Monica.   Maybe he starts to work at a motorcycle shop, but he also works toward getting a paramedics license.

If he did still get involved with Elizabeth, as she is the nurse who nursed him back to health, he still could relentlessly look at missing person's reports, much to Elizabeth's chagrin.  A report can lead to a mystery to unravel, and that's the "storyline" or at least the McGuffin.  But eventually he gets a bit closer. The plot points have to mean something.  Each one meaning he'll get a step closer. 

In fact, probably the best thing the show could have done was unwittingly pit him against Sonny.  Here's one possible scenario:

The bike shop Jason works for has to pay protection to Sonny's organization (what -- they have to do something mob-related don't they?), and Jake saves the day. If they still want to pretend that a mobster isn't a cancer on the rest of society by taking and stealing their money, then maybe it's that the bike shop owner owed gambling debts, so much so that the bike shop is in danger of being foreclosed upon or having Sonny take it over.  One of the risks could be that Jason would wind up working as Sonny's lackey all over again (are they fated to be together?)

But Jason could outmaneuver Sonny. (I'm skipping all the plot points, but imagine several plot points showing thoughtfulness and an execution of a plan).  So, while the audience has the ultimate hook of when will Jake learn he's Jason, there are mini hooks along the way. Will Jason get the best of Sonny?  Will Jason return to work for Sonny?  Will he return to being a hit man? Will he fall in love with Elizabeth or Sam? 

They could also have Sonny send Michael to deal with Jason. Then, suddenly, it's the kid who Jason raised who is trying to destroy him. 

Have Jason bond with Elizabeth's kids, while Sam's kid attaches to someone else.  Or is sickly and weak.  Or doesn't attach to anyone, and acts out in a way that wouldn't have happened if Jason had been there.  Then that sets the groundwork for a new generation of stories ("I'm bad because Jason threw the football with you!")

So are so many things that could have been done, with one layer building on another, like an onion. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 9

I still think the show made a mistake having Sam and Jake(son) rapidly become buddy-buddy. That brief period where Sam was wary and even antagonistic towards him was much more interesting.

I agree with this.

Essentially, I thought it was a mistake not to put Jason and Sam in each other's orbits. They are the story, in my eyes, love or hate them. Jason "died" loving Sam, being married to her, and wanting their family. You can't just pretend that's not there.

And it didn't help that Patrick and Sam (to me) have snoozeworthy chem. That could have been a good story and then Jason pops up.*

*And Robin shouldn't have been a part of this at ALL. She should have gotten an off-screen happy ending and that's that.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
I still think the show made a mistake having Sam and Jake(son) rapidly become buddy-buddy.  That brief period where Sam was wary and even antagonistic towards him was much more interesting.

The beats of this story are all so wrong.

• Love 3

On another soap, I can see them playing the Jason reveal out for a year. On this soap, where Robin has been perpetually in and out of captivity since 2012 and the Fluke story tortured us forever, they don't have time to pull this shit anymore. It's beyond their capability to do a year-long run with Jake Doe and has been for awhile. It should have ended in May, max.

• Love 9

If he did still get involved with Elizabeth, as she is the nurse who nursed him back to health, he still could relentlessly look at missing person's reports, much to Elizabeth's chagrin.  A report can lead to a mystery to unravel, and that's the "storyline" or at least the McGuffin.  But eventually he gets a bit closer. The plot points have to mean something.  Each one meaning he'll get a step closer. 

Yeah, and they could have done this whole scenario with Liz without her knowing he's Jason. She could still dread that random Jake Doe would be taken away from her by remembering a new family.

• Love 6

On another soap, I can see them playing the Jason reveal out for a year. On this soap, where Robin has been perpetually in and out of captivity since 2012 and the Fluke story tortured us forever, they don't have time to pull this shit anymore. It's beyond their capability to do a year-long run with Jake Doe and has been for awhile. It should have ended in May, max.

Yup. Now that I think about it, Ronnie was going to have Robin locked up for two years+ AGAIN. It's mind blowing, really.

Yeah, and they could have done this whole scenario with Liz without her knowing he's Jason. She could still dread that random Jake Doe would be taken away from her by remembering a new family.

I know -- there was no reason to add in that component.  And there was no reason to have her invite him, a stranger, to live in her house with her two young children.  That was ridiculous.  But just about all of us read a Farewell to Arms in high school. People fall in love with nurses all the time. He's a cute guy. She's a pretty girl.  It's not hard to imagine they'd like to hang and pretty quickly get smitten.  They didn't all the Dr. O drama or nonsensical Titanic outburst.  Just have the guy be real sick, Liz tends to him like any nurse would, they have a rapport.  Then they meet up at Kelly's afterwards. And because he's lonely and has no one he knows, he latches on to her. 

It really all does write itself. I don't know why Ron had to screw it all up with nonsense.

• Love 6
*And Robin shouldn't have been a part of this at ALL. She should have gotten an off-screen happy ending and that's that.

At the very least, they could have sent her on a world-wide tour to discuss her polonium poisoning cure.  Meanwhile, Patrick could sulk about the fact that she's this famous scientist who dines with kings and queens and lunches with Bono and Bill and Melinda Gates and he's just your run-of-the-mill neurosurgeon in Port Charles.  How do you like your God complex now, Patrick?

Wait, I actually do like Patrick. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 10

Oh, I know. I agree-I don't like things drawn out, either. But some tension, and making the audience wait, is needed in order for the payoff to be worth it.

I think Liz not knowing who he is would have made for a better story in the aftermath of the reveal.  As it is now, Elizabeth is the bad guy and Jason will go running back to Sam.  Where's the drama in that after the initial reveal?  Had Elizabeth not known the truth, there would be a valid triangle to watch unfold.  Yes, Jason was in love with Sam and wanted to be her but he has developed real feelings for Elizabeth.  Both have a son with him.  They could have played out that story for some time after the truth comes out.  It would be a refreshing change to watch a triangle where no one is the bad guy who is manipulating the situation by faking a pregnancy or some other such soap trope. 

• Love 10

You can drag out a story for a while, if you do it properly and keep it fresh as it goes along. A year is still kind of the max, I would say, and you'd better tell it damn well if you're going to do that.

We shall see, but I think they need to recognize that the current stories are a loss, and wrap them up quickly. Although if it goes back to Sopranos lite mode again, that's not too promising, either.

• Love 3

I think Liz not knowing who he is would have made for a better story in the aftermath of the reveal.  As it is now, Elizabeth is the bad guy and Jason will go running back to Sam.  Where's the drama in that after the initial reveal?  Had Elizabeth not known the truth, there would be a valid triangle to watch unfold.  Yes, Jason was in love with Sam and wanted to be her but he has developed real feelings for Elizabeth.  Both have a son with him.  They could have played out that story for some time after the truth comes out.  It would be a refreshing change to watch a triangle where no one is the bad guy who is manipulating the situation by faking a pregnancy or some other such soap trope. 

I agree.  But Ron feels the need to hit everyone over the head with who is "good" and who is "bad" in every situation.  

And if we do get Patrick finding out and keeping it hidden, this is just going to be a repeat of everyone in town knowing Sonny killed AJ and deciding to keep it from Michael.  Before it's over, we'll probably get Monica knowing and keeping quiet because she prefers to establish a relationship with Jake versus losing Jason right back to the Moobster and Cujo. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 2

Great Idea, but you are expecting TIIC to think and write not just watch Y.T and see what has been done before. Lets wash ,rinse,and repeat. Liz will be the bad guy, Sam will be the poor innocent. Nick can expose it all and come out smelling like a rose.

There's also not any way to make the Liz fallout worthwhile. The "rutting like farm animals" confrontation and subsequent breakdown/fake breakdown was pretty recent. The faked maternity test with the crying and excuses was two years ago. What fallout could possibly be worth this boring, tortured story?

And Zombie!Jake's return just makes Liz look worse because she can't use his "death" as an excuse this time. Not only is she refusing to grant Monica the peace and joy that Lucky gave her when he returned her son, she is actively keeping Jason away from his other son so she can play house with Sam's husband.

I do not think RC was ever good enough to write a redemption arc for this crap and I feel badly for the writers who've inherited this mess - especially if they've also been saddled with a mob mandate

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

The fact that RC wanted the story to play out slowly is actually old school soapy. There have been stories in soap history that took much longer to play out. One that comes to mind is Mike Horton's paternity on DOOL. I wasn't born when the story started, and too young to watch when the reveal happened, but that secret lasted almost ten years in real time, and about 18 years in soap time if you allow for the SORASng they did to the character before the reveal.

I don't think the problem is the story playing out slowly. I think it is so badly done that we want it to be finished. 

• Love 3

I would make Liz lose custody of her kids, for a while at least. This Jake shit proves she shouldn't be raising a Chia Pet right now. She'd have to work to better herself and get them back. And Teen Cameron (Joey Luthman) would happily waltz out the door. There is also no way she can keep her job.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Are you kidding? Dr. O will probably promote Liz. "You have successfully shed your earlier insipidness, Nurse Webber. I am making you a supervisor. We will work closely together to ensure the staff is efficient and the patients are prompt when they pay their bills."

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

I'm inclined not to believe any spoilers from that Celeb Dirty Laundry source. But on top of that, Frank said that KMc is "busy" or they'd "love to have her back." He could be lying to keep it under wraps, but I doubt it.

• Love 1

Speaking of JT, he also said that he thinks it's weird that Robin and Patrick haven't spoken since they signed the divorce papers and now she's living in Paris...shopping. Like, LOL, if he doesn't know that her character is a prisoner. It would actually explain his acting choices.

I thought it was interesting that his first thoughts were about Scrubs and he'd love for Patrick to be a single dad. He really doesn't care about Samtrick. 

An opinion he makes clear in every scene he plays.  (And I use that phrase loosely...).

Patrick and Sam are both being sacrificed at the alter of this Jakeson shit. 

The person who is really being sacrificed for this Jakeson shit is Liz.  Patrick and Sam may be podded, but she is being utterly decimated to serve this dumbass story.

And I'm very close to being done with this show. I thought that Frank and the show account were trolling, but all this pimping Sonny stuff and Sonny/Carly having the baby is all true. Just confirmed that they are not changing the paternity. And the Corinthos family will be (vomit) front and center.

Well, Jamie Dimon said we would all rue the day that Ron Carlivati was fired!

I'm ruing it already, and it's not even been two weeks.

• Love 6

Are you kidding? Dr. O will probably promote Liz. "You have successfully shed your earlier insipidness, Nurse Webber. I am making you a supervisor. We will work closely together to ensure the staff is efficient and the patients are prompt when they pay their bills."

If Ron was still writing, Dr. O would definitely make sure to take a few minutes out of her busy day to revel in Liz's humiliation.  Maybe she'd even snap some Polaroids to send to Britt.

And then Liz would be all, "I'm nothing like you!" even though she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

• Love 1

On Thursday:

Nathan (Ryan Paevey) and Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) make a grim discovery

Any chance it's another dead body? 

Even as pessimistic as I am, I want to be hopeful that some dead weight will be culled.

• Love 1

Damn.  None of this sounds good enough to leave the barge.  If Robin returns, okay.  And when Anna returns, at least to see her.  

But a Sonny/Carly/Borg centric show is what got me to leave the first time.  It sure won't be what brings me back.

Showrunners might want to realize that there are more than two choices out there.  It doesn't have to be just Ron C.s crap or the Sonny show.  Maybe they might want to REMEMBER it IS called General Hospital.  

• Love 6

On Thursday:

Any chance it's another dead body?

Even as pessimistic as I am, I want to be hopeful that some dead weight will be culled.

I think it will be Max or Milo in retaliation for the Russian. Snooze. Although a tiny part of me would like it.

• Love 1

I think it will be Max or Milo in retaliation for the Russian. Snooze. Although a tiny part of me would like it.

Way to cull Nos. 52 and 73 on the list of airtime hogs, GH.

If Ron was still behind the choice, it'll be Max. Because killing Milo would mean the end of Milo's annual striptease.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

Didn't Milo quit to be a pizza boy? I think he's safe, but it may be dunzo time for Max or Random Red Shirt Guard #383744.

He did. That's why it will be especially tragic. Sob!

• Love 1

He did. That's why it will be especially tragic. Sob!

in the highly unlikely event that any show runners or interns are reading this, please note that ulkis forgot to use her sarcasm button.

Do you want to risk them reprising Milo as the body of Deception?!

• Love 1