Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

that being said, while I think losing Ava would be a waste she has had a good run.

I might feel that way if she left at the end of last year or the very beginning of this year. With the crap writing she's gotten for so long, for her to leave on such a sour note as Denise would make it even worse for me. But bright side, imagine all the free time I'm going to have now! And just in time for football season. 

I should actually be happy, I think they've wasted Maura for a long time now. I'll miss her, and I think they would be absolute colossal fools to kill off Ric and Rick Hearst who even though as a character is gray, he is a great actor and a tremendous asset. They both are. There are way too many people to get rid of before them.

And my one other problem with this: killing Ava isn't going to make the show any better or make the ratings come back up. It's still going to be a crapfest. You still have the Jakeson story dragging out for eternity for no good reason. You still have the lousy characters who really have no point. And you still have the OOC plot point writing. So really again, it's just a gigantic waste to me. Try actually WRITING good drama on an ongoing basis, Ron. Not your personal little sideshow that makes you laugh and no one else.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

Where did these rumors about Ric and Ava being killed off come from, anyway?

Daytime Dish all Day or whatever it is that ulkis linked to. So it's not confirmed by any reputable source, but they've gotten a lot of things right lately and they're already taping this stuff I've heard.

• Love 1

Daytime Dish all Day or whatever it is that ulkis linked to. So it's not confirmed by any reputable source, but they've gotten a lot of things right lately and they're already taping this stuff I've heard.

I've noticed a lot of spumors are more accurate lately. I feel like it's a sign things are probably getting a bit more chaotic/lax backstage, but obviously that is pure conjecture.

Ava should have been killed off before Denise, or not even need this Denise plot at all. Why is it horrible crime she murdered Connie but Sonny's walking around free and clear for murdering AJ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if these writers weren't so damn careless and short-sighted, they would have given Ava an "out" in the first place if they thought they wanted to keep her long term -- have her killing of Connie be accidental, as in a fight over the gun when Ava only meant to scare her. It's so damn easy, people!

And not make her an enthusiastic accessory to AJ's murder, of course. (Or not kill AJ at all!)

• Love 9
(edited)

I would never want them to cop out on what Ava did to Connie. Ava's always been a ice cold killer, and whenever they tried to take her away from that and make her sappy or dicknotized over Morgan is when the character fails - present tense, since it's happening again with him and the baby. I knew she'd killed Connie from the start, that she did it for the business, and in the right conditions I think she can take that weight and continue on the show - other mob killers have for far more crimes. There are ways to keep villains like Ava around, with smart writing and clever loopholes. But having her put on a goddamn Party City fright wig and do pop-eye hammy schtick three days a week is not the solution, and it's destroying what ground the character has left, which is probably why Ron and Frank will blame the numbers on her terrible story and kill her off.

Killing Ava off was always a distinct possibility for her character, and she's been reprieved several times before. It's how she'd probably end one way or another. She doesn't have to go now, but if she did I would not consider it a major blow to the show at this point. That being said, she's a great character when she's in her element, and it would be a waste IMO. I'd keep her and fix her story.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
(edited)

There are ways to keep villains like Ava around, with smart writing and clever loopholes. But having her put on a goddamn Party City fright wig and do pop-eye hammy schtick three days a week is not the solution, and it's destroying what ground the character has left, which is probably why Ron and Frank will blame the numbers on her terrible story and kill her off.

But crazy hair and hammy acting is what 'salvaged' Franco, right?

Right?

Right?!

Say 'right' or we'll send bears to eat your family while you die of syphillis!

But this is fairly typical of Ron. You've said several times that Ron feels he can write anyone into a corner because he's certain he can get them out. The problem is that his version of 'getting them out' is writing ridiculous wacky hi-jinks that are utterly tone-deaf to what came before. He did it with Not!Todd and Ford on OLTL and never accepted the fact that it wasn't working. Same thing with Franco. "Let's unleash the Howarth silly times! Woo!" Nope. Didn't work there. Now they're at the point where they are flat out quadrupling down on the wacky hi-jinks with Franco, Ava, Obrecht and Nina.

And none of it has worked! Isn't this the very definition of insanity?

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 16
(edited)

And none of it has worked! Isn't this the very definition of insanity?

Repetition gets you a lot further in this business when there's only four soaps left, the people at Daytime Confidential still gotta eat, and the ABC news division has tanked the entire daytime line-up.

If they'd struck a deal for one of the free hours with the (maniacs) at Prospect Park and aired their new AMC and OLTL in 30-minute slots, which would've benefitted everyone (not to mention paid Erika Slezak what she was owed for that year - she still hasn't been, along with many others), then I think GH would be in a much tougher position with the network today. There would be more variety of content and far fewer excuses.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

That Nathan's not a Cassadine has been in play since last September.  If Ron was interested, he would have done something with it by now.

I really do think that Nathan and Rosalie were supposed to be Bill Eckert's kids, with different mothers obviously. I also really think that Ron throwing a temper tantrum and making it D.I.D. instead of Bill screwed up a lot of different threads.

• Love 4

I really do think that Nathan and Rosalie were supposed to be Bill Eckert's kids, with different mothers obviously.

Just the idea of that makes me want to kill myself. I mean, what a bizarre, mismatched trio. It's like you'd be pulling names out of a hat.

I still live in fear that the Undead Lily, Queen Mobster rumors - which have been circulating for the better part of three years and likely have a grain of truth - will someday come to fruition. I think they were setting it into motion with Carlos invoking her name two years ago, then backed down due to rewrites and other priorities. But if Ron loves an idea, good or terrible, he never gives up. And I still suspect Rosalie (or Sabrina, or both) will turn out to be linked to Lily, alive and well for terrible fucking reasons. And yes, that is one character I would be up in arms about resurrecting, unlike Little Jake, and I look forward to those arguments!

(edited)

I think if there was ever a time for them to go there it's now, with the Michael romance. I also think it would profoundly damage the ground the Sabrina character has (against all odds, I must say) gained with what I find to be a sweet love story.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I think if there was ever a time for them to go there it's now, with the Michael romance. I also think it would profoundly damage the ground the Sabrina character has (against all odds, I must say) gained with what I find to be a sweet love story.

I'm so alone in this, but I've never shipped Michael with anyone. Chad has like, anti-chemistry to me.

• Love 4

It has honestly surprised me that they haven't managed to bring Lily back for real. Of course, then St. Lily wouldn't be in heaven with all of Sonny's dead children so she would be flagrantly denying her 'place.'

Well, that escalated quickly, lol!

I don't know if you remember/were around when it first came up, but it's old joke about how when they ask you questions in a focus group for soaps they make the questions so you can't really answer "no I hate these characters/storylines". it was like, "do you like Franco and Carly better than bears coming to eat your family?"

• Love 9

I don't know if you remember/were around when it first came up, but it's old joke about how when they ask you questions in a focus group for soaps they make the questions so you can't really answer "no I hate these characters/storylines". it was like, "do you like Franco and Carly better than bears coming to eat your family?"

Ha, no I missed this conversation before!   But this explains so much about why the soaps keep getting worse and worse and worse.  

• Love 3

I think his awkwardness is charming. I also think it offsets the sort of junior businessman stuff, which I think he does very well. He's not Antonio Sabato, but neither was Jonathan Jackson at that age; they don't have to be. I think he's cute and has a nice body, leave me alone!

• Love 7

I don't see Ron being ready to throw in the towel so soon on his wack "redemption" story for Ava or whatever the fuck it is he's trying to do. If she's killed off I suspect it will be because a higher up ordered it.

I'd really like to know how many "stories" have been rewritten or dropped since Ron took over. Shoehorning the OLTL 3 into the show again had to have done a lot of damage and then the Bill Eckert disaster happened.

I would have totally answered that I prefer bears coming to eat my family. My family had a good run but Franco and anyone would never be good.

• Love 11

I think his awkwardness is charming. I also think it offsets the sort of junior businessman stuff, which I think he does very well. He's not Antonio Sabato, but neither was Jonathan Jackson at that age; they don't have to be. I think he's cute and has a nice body, leave me alone!

I love his eyes. I get why everyone calls him Eeyore, but those sad eyes are PRETTY. Sigh.

I actually had to look up how old he was at one point to make sure he was legal. He's actually about two years older than me. He looks a little more like his age now, but when I found out he wasn't around 18...I was shocked. 

• Love 3

Wait up.......

Would Nik implant the embryo in Valerie? And how the fuck would that happen? I knew there had to be a bigger, weirder reason she was at Death Island.

What will he do? Drug her, ask her about her dead mom, then Dante?

And why kill Ric off? That's stupid. Then again, if Ava dies, I want Kiki to kill her in a murder/suicide that accidentally takes out Franco and Nina.

• Love 1

I don't understand what the embryo gets Nikolas.  How does his bringing a child that's both his half-brother and his nephew/niece into the world benefit him?

Because…reasons, of course!

I guess Nik is trying to be more Stavros than Stefan.

• Love 4

I don't understand what the embryo gets Nikolas.  How does his bringing a child that's both his half-brother and his nephew/niece into the world benefit him?

The workings of a Cassadine are not for peasants like you to understand!! How very dare you!!

• Love 9
(edited)

It gets him...

*commercial break*

...Helena. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 15

Spoilers for next week: http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2015/07/general-hospital-spoilers-july-20-2015-edition/

Luke makes one last visit to his old home where he falls into a melancholy. While Luke contemplates his next move, he is expectantly visited by three spirits from his past. Later, Luke has a touching moment with Bobbie and fills her in on his plan.

So he is gonna get visited by the Ghosts of Spencers Past.  At least he's getting some scenes with Bobbie.

Laura overhears some revealing news about Jake.

And that rumor turned out to be true too.

Regrettably, Brad tells Lucas that he cannot marry him. Brad drops a major bombshell onto Lucas.

Then why did you propose in the first place, Brad?  Gah, this story.

• Love 1
(edited)

Due to recent circumstances, Elizabeth is overcome with guilt about keeping Jake’s identity a secret.

Shove it, Liez. Your supposed guilt is going to make you do the right thing so I don't want to hear it.

Correction: I meant to say "Your supposed guilt IS NOT going to make you do the right thing."

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Shove it, Liez. Your supposed guilt is going to make you do the right thing so I don't want to hear it.

I suppose you meant the guilt is not going to make Liez do the right thing. Well, because it's Liez, after all!

• Love 1

I feel bad for you guys who really want Nik and Liz to pay cause with Laura finding out, I have a feeling there will be some skating. No one is gonna rake Laura that badly over it, and she'll probably cover for Liz and Nik somewhat.

• Love 2

No one except Robin and AJ ever pay for shit.

Well, poor old Duke died too. And Shawn is in prison. And don't forget all the doctors in prison too, heh.

Laura's going to keep the Jakeson secret, too? Good grief.

ALL the characters have been wrecked at this point, right? Am I missing anyone?

I could picture Laura keeping this. If they were using the excuse that it was better not to unleash hitman killer Jason on the world. But it will probably be something lame.

• Love 4
Also, am I the only one who thought it weird she goes to Scotty for a chat and to confide in?

Who else is there? He's the only vet around she has any sort of friendship with. But why does she have to have yet another sekrit? Ugh.

Carly brings Josslyn into the hospital in order to check on her transplant.

Didn't this already happen? Or am I the one being gaslighted now?

Dillon proposes an idea to Valerie to remedy the situation with Dante and Lulu.

Pretty soon everyone but Lulu will know that Dante and Valerie slept together. TFGH.

Dillon proposes an idea to Valerie to remedy the situation with Dante and Lulu.

Pretty soon everyone but Lulu will know that Dante and Valerie slept together. TFGH.

I interpreted this to mean that Valerie and Dillon will pretend to date so Lulu won't worry that Valerie is after Dante. (All Dillon will know about is the kiss).  What will happen is that both Lulu and Dante will be jealous because that is how this story has played out all the other times that TIIC have done it.

Can't wait! /sarcasm font

• Love 5

Didn't this already happen [Carly, Joss, transplant]? Or am I the one being gaslighted now?

I assume Carly finds out about little Jake's undeadness and has tests run on the kidneys Joss got.  I also suspect that Carly will find out something as a result of those tests that reveals that Morgan is actually Avery's father.

• Love 3
I assume Carly finds out about little Jake's undeadness and has tests run on the kidneys Joss got. I also suspect that Carly will find out something as a result of those tests that reveals that Morgan is actually Avery's father.

But weren't the tests already run? Or do they just assume that any because Jake was half Holy Hitman, his kidneys were perfect and no followup was necessary.

I'm sure you're right about this being how Avery's paternity is discovered.

I interpreted this to mean that Valerie and Dillon will pretend to date so Lulu won't worry that Valerie is after Dante. (All Dillon will know about is the kiss).  What will happen is that both Lulu and Dante will be jealous because that is how this story has played out all the other times that TIIC have done it.

Can't wait! /sarcasm font

"Yet Another Pretend We're Dating Scheme To Make Someone Jealous: Take 87!"

• Love 6