Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I also don't see how an alive Jake would fit into Liz's story at the moment, given Luke leaves at the end of the month and Liz's lies will likely stretch into the fall.  If she got him back and continued to lie to Jake(son) and let him use that name, that would be reprehensible. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, that's the part I can easily see being shipper bait. I am far from one of those Jiz people, but I do think killing Jake was a horrible mistake on the show's part and would like to see it rectified. The rest of the scoop I can definitely buy.

That being said, what Liz is doing is already so disgusting IMO. Staining their dead son's name and knowingly using it to hide the identity of his own father. I can see the possibility of her getting Jake back just validating her delusions - 'see, it's a sign! Fate wants our family back together!'

Incidentally, one thing the show will apparently do right is throw Laura back into major story one way or another post-Luke - I think she is the heart of the show and should be used as such. I forgot to mention that the scoop also alleges Laura will learn the truth about Jason from Nikolas, but keep it to herself supposedly out of some sort of concern for (actual, allegedly undead and pint-sized) Jake. I'm not sure I believe Laura would do that, but she has no loyalty to Sonny or the mob after what happened to Lucky and she kept her secret about Nikolas for decades.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
(edited)

Someone once suggested thaHelena could have just had some matching organs on ice somewhere for Joss. Eh, I'd buy it.

I could maybe by black market child organs but I have a little more trouble with the idea that Helena had a spare mangled child just ...around.

If I thought GH was going to be around for long enough to see the dynamic between Jake and Danny I'd regret his death - but nothing about RC's GH looks like the network cares about this show. It's been shitty for a way too long for me to believe ABC is invested in it's survival

Edited by Oracle42

I'm must be incredibly cold hearted, but I didn't feel anything when Jake was killed.  I haven't missed the kid for a nano-second and have absolutely no desire to see yet another character resurrected.  

If you are, then so am I. My nickname for Jake was Worm Food.

• Love 3

Someone once suggested that Helena could have just had some matching organs on ice somewhere for Joss. Eh, I'd buy it.

That was me. I still stand by it.  Helena is just that twisted.  I'm almost morbidly curious if Ron would dare to retcon Jake's accident as a Legion of Doom plot all along, despite the fact that there is just no real believable way they could write Helena and company as being able to have predicted that Jake would run out into the road at that precise moment. 

"Pay no attention to what you've seen on your screens, peasants.  I'm telling THIS story now!"  

• Love 7
(edited)

Incidentally, one thing the show will apparently do right is throw Laura back into major story one way or another post-Luke - I think she is the heart of the show and should be used as such. I forgot to mention that the scoop also alleges Laura will learn the truth about Jason from Nikolas, but keep it to herself supposedly out of some sort of concern for (actual, allegedly undead and pint-sized) Jake. I'm not sure I believe Laura would do that, but she has no loyalty to Sonny or the mob after what happened to Lucky and she kept her secret about Nikolas for decades.

jsbt, I couldn't 'like' your post because, I am one of the few here that did love Jason and Liz together and wanted to see what would happen after Lucky "died", and especially wanted them together after Yeller McYellerson* took over the role of "Lucky."

But the part I quoted? Totally agree. Especially the last sentence.

*Don't get me started on how that pint-sized boy with a mullet, was all of a sudden a "soldier" and could fight Jason, from just being brainwashed.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

And also for the Jason haters like me! I didn't care about Jake but was annoyed they killed him off so Jason could have a child and raise it with Sam without looking like a jackass/hypocrite re: Jake.

I don't think they would even bother to address it, like the rest of the hypocrisies they want us to ignore.

Dear writers: wow I think you're really going there with the Jake stuff

The fan wars are going to be SO much fun when both Liz and Sam have living Borg children.  I already have a headache thinking about it.

• Love 4

Wooooooow on so many levels. It's easier to believe that someone is paying Ron to destroy this show than Ron actually believing this is good story. Jake is alive??! Get the ENTIRE FUCK outta here.

And I won't even touch this Dante bullshit.

• Love 8
(edited)

Wooooooow on so many levels. It's easier to believe that someone is paying Ron to destroy this show than Ron actually believing this is good story. Jake is alive??! Get the ENTIRE FUCK outta here.

And I won't even touch this Dante bullshit.

You keep on with the Patrick stuff, I'll take care of the Dante stuff :fist bump:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

You keep on with the Patrick stuff, I'll take care of the Dante stuff :fist bump:

Hee. Hell yeah.

But I'm genuinely more sad about what they're doing to Dante. Once again, this show chooses the most despicable route possible.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hee. Hell yeah.

But I'm genuinely more sad about what they're doing to Dante. Once again, this show chooses the most despicable route possible.

I can't believe I'm saying this - but it could have been way worse. Ron has conditioned me well. He could have just dropped his pants because he was horny and called it a day. 

After all, this is the writer who still has Robin in fucking captivity for 3 + years!! 

but it is still a bummer

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I can't believe I'm saying this - but it could have been way worse. Ron has conditioned me well. He could have just dropped his pants because he was horny and called it a day.

After all, this is the writer who still has Robin in fucking captivity for 3 + years!!

but it is still a bummer

I mean, sure, they could have him completely not give a crap about Lulu ala Patrick/Robin, but I still can't stand how this is being played...Valerie: Innocent Victim Who Is Confronted With Dante's Feelings For Her. It's like, NO. That is not what you've been showing, SHOW. Valerie was clearly taken by HIM. Not the other way around. Until yesterday. I just can't. I don't even like Lulu, yet here I am. Because no matter how much they show these women (Lulu, Robin) not telling the "whole truth," it doesn't mean these men (Dante, Patrick) have the excuse to open their pants to whoever and the audience is all, "Aw! Poor boys!" Gimmie a break.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh fear not, when this all comes out, the blame will solely be Valerie's, with Maxie crowing she knew Val was a home wrecking bitch the whole time and Carly remembering her cousin exists just in time to call her a slut.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
(edited)

Some of these stories could probably work if any time at all was spent developing them.

Even Dante cheating could work because NuLu has basically been dumb and annoying since being defrosted - but then you have to show cracks developing in the marriage - misunderstandings that escalate, festering arguments and the two of them turning to other people for solace because it's easier than talking to each other. There'd also need to be a real friendship with Valerie - with both of them that's built over time.

It's really too bad that Johnny's gone because he'd be a much more natural fit for this story and for causing issues between Lulu and Dante.

Why is there always time for every excruciating, idiotic scene of the Serial Killer, WE NEVER CARED -2 and Bewigged!Crazy Eyes story but never enough time for anything else to be developed?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I just hate when the guy in these situations is given a free pass and all the blame lands on the woman, be she a scheming bitch or not (e.g. Rex knocking up Stacy on OLTL).  Valerie's not a victim, but neither is Dante.

• Love 12

Some of these stories could probably work if any time at all was spent developing them.

<snip>

Why is there always time for every excruciating, idiotic scene of the Serial Killer, WE NEVER CARED -2 and Bewigged!Crazy Eyes story but never enough time for anything else to be developed?

Because that's how Carlivati this fuckhead rolls.

There are not ENOUGH Fuck yous for this asswipe.

• Love 3

I just hate when the guy in these situations is given a free pass and all the blame lands on the woman, be she a scheming bitch or not (e.g. Rex knocking up Stacy on OLTL). Valerie's not a victim, but neither is Dante.

We agree on that. Sick of the guys always getting away with this crap.

• Love 5

Even though it's Ron's modus operandi, I can't stand the fact that both Dante and Lulu have to have the IQs of a stapler in order for this story to work in any way (which it ultimately won't, of course).

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh fear not, when this all comes out, the blame will solely be Valerie's, with Maxie crowing she knew Val was a home wrecking bitch the whole time and Carly remembering her cousin exists just in time to call her a slut.

Lightning needs to strike Carly if she has ANYTHING to say, to either Valerie or Dante.

I think they are going overboard to show that Valerie is doing nothing wrong. And it doesn't make me hate her but it makes me bored by her. 

Even Dante cheating could work because NuLu has basically been dumb and annoying since being defrosted - but then you have to show cracks developing in the marriage - misunderstandings that escalate, festering arguments and the two of them turning to other people for gel because it's easier. There'd also need to be a real friendship with Valerie - with both of them that's built over time.

It's really too bad that Johnny's gone because he'd be a much more natural fit for this story and for causing issues between Lulu and Dante.

Yup yup. You brought up the Johnny stuff - they could have EASILY started something from Luke hitting Dante with the crowbar. He spent two hours in the basement so whacked out he couldn't even crawl all the way up the stairs, thinking he was going to die, and Lulu barely cared. They could have had Dante resent that, start to question whether Lulu cared as much about him as she did Luke. Instead Dante said "well my wife loves him so it's cool." (and if the writers bring that up I'll still call shenanigans because if you don't mention or hint at it for months, then it's bullshit).

It's all escalating at lightning speed because they have this ridiculously huge cast and I KNOW Ron is thinking, "well, Dante and Lulu are gonna have a cheating affair this summer and then by September I have to put them back on the mid burner because then I have to show X, Y, and Z." Cut Nina, Franco, and Silas already.

I just hate when the guy in these situations is given a free pass and all the blame lands on the woman, be she a scheming bitch or not (e.g. Rex knocking up Stacy on OLTL).  Valerie's not a victim, but neither is Dante.

Totally. That's why I said "fuck off Dante", not eff off Valerie.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Even though it's Ron's modus operandi, I can't stand the fact that both Dante and Lulu have to have the IQs of a stapler in order for this story to work in any way (which it ultimately won't, of course).

Yup. It's the same reason why Robin is a years-long captive. Characters have to be stupid.

• Love 2

Eh, I'm on the fence about Lizzie's spawn being alive. On the negative side, it's Lizzie's spawn, so fuck it. Also, why bother fucking killing characters if they ALL literally come back. I get its a soap, but back in the day they would pick and choose...now it's....everyone gets resurrected! Why bother mourning? It takes the impact out of everything. On the plus side, it kind of looks like Lucky is the big damn hero here and I could be onboard with that. Especially if it explains why he left his kids.

• Love 10

It's not just Liz's spawn, though. It's Jason's. And I feel (and I hope I'm wrong about this) like this is less about Luke and Lucky and more about giving Jason a reason to be ~confused~ about being with Liz or Sam when it gets to that point. Ron is clearly obsessed with Liz vs. Sam.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jake doesn't have to be alive to retcon why Lucky left his kids. It's not like Ron cares about being logical, so I don't know why this is the story he tries to give any reason to.

This is more likely why Jake is going to reanimate:

And I feel (and I hope I'm wrong about this) like this is less about Luke and Lucky and more about giving Jason a reason to be ~confused~ about being with Liz or Sam when it gets to that point.

Once again, Jason's feelings are paramount.

Edited by dubbel zout

It's about plot. But it's also about undoing one of Luke's worst sins. I thought it was a horrible, brutal, ugly choice designed to prop a Fronsian couple and satisfy Tony Geary's nihilism, and I thought it severely compromised both Luke and the show's potential future. So I'm all for it being gone.

• Love 6
(edited)

It's about plot. But it's also about undoing one of Luke's worst sins. I thought it was a horrible, brutal, ugly choice designed to prop a Fronsian couple and satisfy Tony Geary's nihilism, and I thought it severely compromised both Luke and the show's potential future. So I'm all for it being gone.

Yeah, I agree. And now maybe I won't go into a rage blackout when Luke drinks and everyone acts cool with it.

Although dear Tony Geary: Luke was a freaking alcoholic, and was long before Jake died.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

It's over, though? It happened. It's years later. Undoing it doesn't change Luke for me. It's a cop-out, if anything. And didn't Ron already try to excuse Luke's behavior with the DID-esque crap and the killing of the parents and what not?

• Love 5
(edited)

It's over, though? It happened. It's years later. Undoing it doesn't change Luke for me.

It does for me. When they did something like this on OLTL the story was far from genius, but one major change took those characters from unwatchable to viable.

We all hate that Georgie's dead, too. Would I bring her back tomorrow? Yes. There's different tragedies of differing import. I wouldn't bring back B.J., Stone or Lily. Senseless, pointless shock deaths like Georgie, Alan or Jake? In a hot second.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

It does for me. When they did something like this on OLTL the story was far from genius, but one major change took those characters from unwatchable to viable.

We all hate that Georgie's dead, too. Would I bring her back tomorrow? Yes. There's different tragedies of differing import. I wouldn't bring back B.J., Stone or Lily. Senseless, pointless shock deaths like Georgie, Alan or Jake? In a hot second.

We can agree to disagree. Jake will never be on par with great characters like Alan and Georgie to me. It was a kid between a couple during a period I'd like erased from the show. I don't need a child back that they'll stick in the basement with Aiden when the plot point is over.

• Love 4

I don't have a great love for Liason, but I think a character from those two families is an integral part of the generational future of the show. It was also a major step in Jason's life, as much as I hated him then, which they erased just so they "could do it again, but with Sam".

• Love 2
(edited)

Baby Jake being accidentally killed was an awful story choice, but bringing him back (when he was actually seen dying in the OR) is not going to fix anything. The years of Dark Luke have already been inflicted on the audience. And it's pointless cause Luke is leaving anyway. And Lucky isn't coming back for good. And Liz is now terrible, and amnesia Jason sucks, so who cares at this point.

It's also not going to fix all the nasty garbage Ron has fed us over the last three years. I honestly find the constant, sadistic torment of Robin, the re-murdering of AJ and Duke, Sonny always eventually winning EVEN MORE, and the "redemption" of Franco more offensive than the baby Jake death.

Ron has permanently destroyed characters and the character of the show itself far more, to me.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 13

I don't have a great love for Liason, but I think a character from those two families is an integral part of the generational future of the show. It was also a major step in Jason's life, as much as I hated him then, which they erased just so they "could do it again, but with Sam".

Jason barely interacted with Jake unless you count those longing, robotic looks across the room to Liz and/or Jake.

I mean, whatevs. If Ron does this, I'd like it ret-conned that Emma isn't Robin's daughter. Nothing is too crazy for this show!

• Love 1

It's also not going to fix all the nasty garbage Ron has fed us over the last three years. I honestly find the constant, sadistic torment of Robin, the re-murdering of AJ and Duke, Sonny always eventually winning EVEN MORE, and the "redemption" of Franco more offensive than the baby Jake death.

Ron has permanently destroyed characters and the character of the show itself far more, to me.

It does fix some stuff for me, but I do agree that most of the above stuff is more offensive than Jake's death. Especially Franco. ugh. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not condoning how Jason (failed to raise) Jake. I do think it was a major change in the fabric of the core families that was wiped away to accommodate Frons and the mob ethos. That's why I reject what happened.

As for which act is more loathsome, I think they all are.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

I agree. I always hated that Jake was killed off. So short-sighted, that kid was RIPE for all kinds of drama when he was SORAS-ed and learned about his paternity. (Much of this would revolve around a close father-son relationship with Lucky - whose deadbeat-dad characterization I utterly refuse to accept - which would be blown apart by the revelation of this Big Lie. It would echo Lucky's own experiences with learning about Nikolas' existence and Luke's rape of Laura. Also JAKE would be in a triangle with Joss and Emma, which Carly would become super-invested in,)

But enough about that before I veer into fanfic. Joss got Jake's kidney's, correct? Maybe they'll retcon that into just one kidney, which is a survivable donation, and avoids the whole "toddler organs conveniently on ice" problem.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think bringing back Jake absolves Luke from killing him the first time. (Now there's a sentence you can only write about a soap!) Luke was still drunk-driving and being an asshole—Jake ultimately living doesn't change that. Luke's suddenly going to care? I want him to finally come to terms with being a drunk-driving asshole, not give him a way out like this.

But ultimately it is all about plot, so it's pointless for me to get upset. If GH is around three years down the road, Ron will probably kill Jake all over again so that Billy Miller can get an Emmy. The original story was (unsuccessful; heh) Emmy bait for Burton.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

I don't think bringing back Jake absolves Luke from killing him the first time. (Now there's a sentence you can only write about a soap!) Luke was still drunk-driving and being an asshole—Jake ultimately living doesn't change that. Luke's suddenly going to care? I want Luke to finally come to terms with being a drunk-driving asshole, not give him a way out like this.

This.

• Love 1

Yeah, I see no reason to resurrect this kid. I loathed Jiz and was happy that a tie was cut between them. I really don't see the big deal connecting this kid through his ties to the Q's through Jason and the Webber/Hardy's through Liz. I know that the Webber's/Hardy's were a big deal family when the show was first created, but the only character from that family still around is Liz, so it doesn't feel like it leads to that much story from that angle.

I don't see how it really redeems Luke, especially since Luke barely felt the kind of repercussions he should have felt for killing him. And Luke's out the door anyway so what does it matter. It also doesn't help the Lucky is a dead beat dad angle, because it's not as if JJ is sticking around. So him taking off after Jake is revealed to be alive will just make him look worse. Just one more kid to add to the abandonment pile.

And, quite frankly, given Liz's heinous behavior I don't want to see her rewarded like this. Sure, when the Jake is really Jason reveal happens and everyone finds out what she knew, she may lose Jason, but since she gets her kid back how much comeuppance can she really get? Unless Jason and Sam take custody of Jake away from her and I just don't see Jason doing that.

• Love 7

I agree, Jake being alive doesn't undo Luke's behavior when he believed he had killed him while driving drunk.  The horrible shit he said to everyone involved after Jake's "death" isn't undone because "oh, hey, it turns out Jake didn't die!"  At the end of the day, he thought he killed his grandson, and he pretty much gloried in it.  

• Love 8