Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Oh the way Ron writes them is that well imagine to yourself who would you never ever want to get custody of the child, who could possibly neglect the child, kill the child, sell it, um lose the child - basically let your mind go to the worst possible scenario. And that person gets custody. The better parent doesn't and cries. Sometimes they randomly go crazy and kidnap the child. Sometimes they don't. We never actually see the child, or it's raised by a rapist in a hot dog suit. Spinelli was the best winner of a custody battle that I can recall or name. So in conclusion, Ron hates all children as well besides Spencer.

• Love 3

Sonny is a convicted murderer.  Would a court give a baby to him over the baby's sister?

My point was so is Ava. If it would be realistic for Ava to gain custody if pardoned or released then Sonny has the same standing if released or pardoned. If Ava was free Kiki wouldn't stand a chance of getting Avery over her so same should hold true for Sonny the baby's other parent. Who I might add hasn't been using said baby 08375 times to gain sympathy like Ava did.

• Love 1

So clearly either Sonny or The Bridge Ava "fell" off of will get custody. I'm kinda going for Bridge. It has a lower criminal record than Sonny. Awesome points if Morgan gets custody. Mitigating factor: he read a book during Ava's pregnancy while Sonny was plotting her murder.

• Love 3

My point was so is Ava. If it would be realistic for Ava to gain custody if pardoned or released then Sonny has the same standing if released or pardoned. If Ava was free Kiki wouldn't stand a chance of getting Avery over her so same should hold true for Sonny the baby's other parent. Who I might add hasn't been using said baby 08375 times to gain sympathy like Ava did.

In addition to what TeeVee just said, it's also because he's mostly forgotten her existence. And I don't blame him! He's 50something years old, he has 4 kids already, it's a new baby with a woman he hates, I don't think he's a monster for being indifferent. But if he thought it would work, he would have used the baby card for sympathy/to get out of prison.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I have no problem with Ava or Sonny asking one time to see the child. And I didn't think it was wrong for Ava to get to see and hold her baby once, which no one let Sonny do. I had more of a problem with her using that every time she could and then turn into a cold bitch after that didn't work.

I also don't agree that he didn't use it b/c he didn't think it would work. It didn't work for Ava, but yet she continued to use it ad nauseum. I feel Sonny likes children and it good with them, but he is a more traditional mob boss father not going to do day to day care. Doesn't mean he isn't a good father or shouldn't have custody of his child. Him hiring a good nanny and being involved with Avery would be far better than the loafer Kiki raising her.

I would also have no problem in Ava having primary custody if she somehow alive and was freed or pardoned. I find it sexist in the opposite way for Sonny to not be Ava's equal in Avery's custody issues.

• Love 1

I have no problem with Ava or Sonny asking one time to see the child.

I'm not sure if you're referring to my comment above, but Sonny wasn't asking to hold the child.  He was basically asking for a get out of jail card because the baby had been kidnapped.  Not that the baby being kidnapped seemed to bother him when he found Ava at the brownstone, considering all he did was make a ten-second call to Shawn before getting back to the murdering at hand.

• Love 9

And it would look bad on Michael to try and help Kiki keep a child from her natural parent when that is his big issue with Sonny.

I think Micheal's big issue with Sonny is that he murdered a man in cold blood that he promised Michael he wouldn't hurt and then lied to Michael for months about it while pretending to care about Micheal's pain over losing said man.

I feel Sonny likes children and it good with them, but he is a more traditional mob boss father not going to do day to day care. Doesn't mean he isn't a good father or shouldn't have custody of his child. 

I think the fact that's he a convicted murderer and mob boss who has been the reason most of kids either almost died or are as fucked up as hell is enough to prove he's not a good father candidate and enough for a judge to give another relative custody.

The thought of a Sonny/Kiki custody battle is nauseating. But also there's a chance it could be funny as hell, so maybe I wouldn't hate it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Oh I've no doubt this custody thing if it really happens will be a huge pile as that was my original comment. I mean if Ava and Sonny both got freed and Sonny was trying to get custody of Avery from AVA now that would be a story. But a freed or pardoned Sonny should not have any trouble getting custody of his daughter over her loafer sister.

But a freed or pardoned Sonny should not have any trouble getting custody of his daughter over her loafer sister.

I really do think he should have some trouble though. He's a murderer! He's apparently the greatest mob boss ever known. I would hope a custody judge would think long and hard about whether a baby should be placed in his care.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Judge: And Mr. Corinthos, apparently some aged mobster who was locked up in a Turkish prison is also living in your house?

Duke: Tosh, your honor! I am not living there! I am merely prowling the premises on a nightly basis, making sure no heavily muscled men intrude into the main living space. I take my rest in the catacombs of Wyndemere by day. No one can accuse me of anything untoward!

• Love 8

I really do think he should have some trouble though. He's a murderer! He's apparently the greatest mob boss ever known. I would hope a custody judge would think long and hard about whether a baby should be placed in his care.

I agree.  I think Michael getting involved in a custody battle would also emphasize first hand what Avery's life could be like with Sonny which should make a judge think twice.

• Love 3

Hmmm so where does Morgan figure in?  Does he continue to support Kiki?  Or does he switch teams?

ETA...by the way, I still expect that baby to be revealed to be Morgan's eventually.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152779743178731

new promo . . . pretty much the only new clip is Michael telling Olivia he'll make "him" pay (if they wanted this to be REALLY fun? Have Michael pretend to go out of town and come back with his and Brenda's baby)

Sonny is shocked by the latest turn of events, which cause Michael to be furious. Michael turns to Alexis for legal advice while Carly pays Sonny a visit

After seeing the promo and re-reading THIS spoiler I don't think it is Sonny Michael is referring to at all. The wording is a little misleading but Helena and Fluke have those ELQ shares and that promo seems to be all about Luke. What if the furry is at Luke and the lawyer is about ELQ. It may not even have to do with anger at Sonny.

Can the custody battle be ruled over by Judge Country, who takes one look at Sonny, laughs for five minutes, and rules against him as he's still wiping away the tears of his laughter?  

I fear we'll get Judge Cockblock, though.  Because if hanging out with a cop is reason to keep a mother from her child, I assume that he lives in opposite world, and being a mobster makes for a fine custodial parent. 

• Love 6

I like how you see Asian people at the beginning of that promo behind Michael, out of nowhere, because that's like the white buffalo of daytime drama. Whenever they appear I do a double-take, like anything could happen in my life. "Haha, look, Asian people on a soap! Psych, The Talk is our competitor network and this ain't Fresh Off the Boat! We don't even know how to write black people! Too bad, Brad's Imaginary Parents! Back to Sonny, y'all, as you were."

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Oh come on, Ron will certainly convince Ron Hale to come out of retirement, so as Sonny's father and ***wink wink*** Delia's husband, Roger, the grandparents can raise Avery together. 

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1

Oh damn, the classic "I think I just am sick/have food poisoning, but it turns out I'm preggers" fake-out.  Goddamn it, no.  Can't they just keep sticking Olivia behind big purses and oversized coats?

At least Ned was allowed thirty seconds to rage about Sonny being pardoned.

And OMG, shut up, Liz.  This is the price you pay when you take amnesiacs you don't know from a hole in the ground into the home you share with two young children.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I actually think a late-in-life baby for Olivia would be really sweet, if it were her and Ned. But noooooooo it's gotta be with old turtle neck wearin' Julian. I'm perhaps not the best audience for a soap, especially Ron's, lol.

• Love 2

If it was Ned or Scorpio I'd be down. As it is there is no reason to do this.

(thank you for pointing out the turtlenecks, as I often do at home)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

If it was Ned or Scorpio I'd be down. As it is there is no reason to do this.

Sure there is!  By the time the actress is due to give birth, it'll be a whole three months or so since Ron's last pregnancy story wrapped up!  Surely you'll be having withdrawal symptoms by then!

• Love 7

General Hospital @GeneralHospital  ·  1h 1 hour ago
#GHFanFeb keeps rolling along, and Monday we've got a big casting announcement! Watch @valentinifrank and @carlivatiron for the scoop.

Any guesses?

Probally someone lame lol

I was reading an old erly 80s article and I forget the couple but they was debating giving them a love child but decided aganist it because they had just done an illgetimate baby story with Susan and Jason.Man those were the days when they had more than stupid baby stories to give out.

• Love 1

well, it could be one of the people from the Fan February "poll"  - Stefan, Courtney, Mike Corbin or Serena Baldwin

people I hope it is not

Stavros

Levi

people it would be awesome if it were

Genie

Mark Lawson as Lucky

• Love 3

well, it could be one of the people from the Fan February "poll"  - Stefan, Courtney, Mike Corbin or Serena Baldwin

Can you imagine?  "Watch Frank's and Ron's Twitter on Monday as they announce the return of Courtney!"  I wonder if "Courtney" would trend due to sheer horror/disgust.

• Love 2

I hate to say it but the best thing for baby Avery is if she turns out to be Carlos's or even the janitor's. Anyone would be a better father than Sonny.

I think it's pretty much safe to say that Carlos has been ruled out. If they didn't mention this ever being a possibility on the bridge, it isn't going to happen. This baby for worse or worse, was fathered by a Corinthos. Still not completely convinced Sonny is the dad though.

• Love 1

people it would be awesome if it were

Genie

Mark Lawson as Lucky

The part of me that is still extremely naive and deeply stupid thinks it may actually be Genie or a Lucky recast and that the person will show up very soon on-screen because I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY DO THIS LEWQ STORY WITHOUT LUCKY & LAURA!

• Love 3

I have read rumors that it is Dr. Chris Ramsey, the old PC's son who was a doctor on Night Shift.

I would LOVE it to be Chris Ramsey, which surely means that it's not.

Otherwise, I'm too scared to guess.

ETA...wait, Chris Ramsey wasn't on Night Shift, he was on Port Charles.  Are you thinking of someone different?

Edited by TeeVee329

Yeah, wasn't Chris Ramsey played by Nolan North? (Whom I love btw)

Yup, he's great and a sexy, dastardly, but not super omega evil doctor like Chris Ramsey is just what this show needs.

Which means we won't get it.

• Love 1