Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Does Genie still have her store in Maine?

Additionally, wasn't the reason Genie left originally and then only signed on for visits afterwards was because Jill wouldn't give her time off comparable to Tony? My understanding is that all she wanted as time off when her kids were out of school?

• Love 1

No, she doesn't have the store anymore, but like sometimesfan said, Jonathan Frakes has more than enough to keep them comfortable.

Good. I like that she is not beholden to Ron and Frank to get by. She does not have to return. I'd love to see Laura back if they wrote her well. There were definitely parts of one of her last returns that I really liked... particularly when she and Luke were in the car accident and he was stuck so she was trying to get him out and he kept complaining and she just said 'Oh, would you quit whining?' Sorry Guza... but a girl who toted a machine gun in a pink gown while helping to shut down a Cassadine doomsday device isn't going to be the kind of woman who just breaks into a million billion pieces. Guza writing Laura as weak and 'fragile' and crazy went against everything I had seen about Laura. 

Was she a gentle woman? Yes, she was. But gentle doesn't mean weak. There was infinite strength in her and it's just a real shame the hack job they've done on her over the years. (Yeah, Luke went to hookers all the time! Laura was totes okay with that! What a pile of horseshit! Luke would never have done that and Laura wouldn't have stood for it! Shut up, Geary!)

Guza seemed to think that a 'strong woman' could only be portrayed as a shrill harridan a la Carly... and, sadly, a lot of soap writers (and writers across the board) have equally narrow views of women characters. Ron... Ron seems to think that strong women are only those past child-bearing age who can toss off his pithy quotables. He's got as narrow a view of women as Guza did.

So if Genie wants to hold out until she can get a Geary type deal? I will never hate on her for that. And, yes, that includes say in her storyline since Geary's got that going for him as well.

• Love 13

Good. I like that she is not beholden to Ron and Frank to get by. She does not have to return. I'd love to see Laura back if they wrote her well. There were definitely parts of one of her last returns that I really liked... particularly when she and Luke were in the car accident and he was stuck so she was trying to get him out and he kept complaining and she just said 'Oh, would you quit whining?' Sorry Guza... but a girl who toted a machine gun in a pink gown while helping to shut down a Cassadine doomsday device isn't going to be the kind of woman who just breaks into a million billion pieces. Guza writing Laura as weak and 'fragile' and crazy went against everything I had seen about Laura. 

I don't know if Guza let someone ghost-write for him during her 2008 return because 99% was pretty good. I mean so was her 2006 one I guess . . . I still get chills at the scene where Laura sees teen Lulu for the first time . . . but I guess both, especially the 2006 stint was underlined with "poor Laura's about to break!" crap.

Back to topic . . . I hope Laura and Lucky both come back.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I thought Laura's return in 2008 had some great stuff. She looked amazing, they dressed her mostly reasonably well, there was some good writing and it was pretty true to who she could be, minus the Scott stuff - gentle and kind and classy, but not a pushover. I thought she handled Tracy very well in spite of some slanted writing for Luke/Tracy. I thought that whole return was largely what Genie has been asking for, the problem is she didn't stay. You could've spun her off with a real new love interest then and there, and had it and her new independence begin to eat at Luke, as it always does any time she is around.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Laura going crazy and turning into a wig on a stick was Guza's revenge on GF for getting uppity and not playing ball. How dare she want parity with Tony Geary! The nerve of the wimmins not knowing their place. 

I was under the impression that it was JFP who got her undies in a twist over GF wanting parity, not Guza.

I think it started with Jill, but Guza and perhaps Frons didn't really give a shit either (I wonder if any antipathy on Guza's part may have stemmed from the Genie maternity leave contract drama of the late '90s).

I am honestly hoping for that.

I would take that with a side of Sly showing up - I liked Sly - and immediately knowing it's his father, even though frankly TG's labored take on Fluke is nothing like what I've seen of Bill, and there's a lot online.

Edited by jsbt

I put Sly at Jonathan Jackson's age, myself. Lucky and Sly were contemporaries. I think the original kid is some sort of punk rocker or filmmaker or something now.

Back in the early 2000s I thought it would be cool to have a teen Sly come in as Helena's naive mole against the Spencers - angry and embittered over the world (re: show) basically forgetting him with his whole family gone. But these days, honestly, no thanks. I spent most of last summer half-concerned that Evil Levi was actually Sly. The minute we found out he had an American accent, I thought "oh shit."

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
How old would Sly be now?  Because knowing my/our luck, Ron and Frank would try to bring in another model from the Robert Ford assembly line to play the part.

Sly was the same age as Lucky. When Lucky first showed up in Port Charles, he and Sly were the cutest things ever. When Bill was killed, Sly was living with Lucky and his parents until Jenny and Paul came back from their honeymoon. They ended up raising him but then we rarely got to see Sly as much and then they were all written off the show.

I still think Levi is Sly. Like Ron wouldn't rewrite history and take the chance to tie in a spoiler to SuperCouple Maxie and Nathan. /truthful Ron knowledge with sarcasm

Unless they're recasting Lucky and have a Sly in mind.

Let us all join hands and pray, chant, hope (and Cole), sing, squee that it's not an underwear model. I will take an AMC/Y&R/Days/B&B/Passions/90210/Degrassi former cast member over an underwear model. Because they can act. Mostly.

• Love 1

Kiki is Sly, it will change her parentage once again, because Fluke is not Bill, Fluke is Franco and the RH Franco is a hypnotized Bill, and the real Franco is AJ. And that gives Ron everything he wants, Kiki as RH's daughter, AJ as the bad guy, and Sonny out of prison

• Love 3

I still think Levi is Sly. Like Ron wouldn't rewrite history and take the chance to tie in a spoiler to SuperCouple Maxie and Nathan. /truthful Ron knowledge with sarcasm

He's been dead for months and was Peter Harrell, so I think that ship has sailed.

• Love 1

I'm so sick of the way they make Anna and the Police department look. Sure, the "good guys" can be thwarted occasionally but I think RC takes pleasure in making them look like the Keystone cops and it's annoying. I'm sure Guza did the same thing and he's taking his cues from him but enough is enough. Bleh. 

• Love 2

I think Finola will do very well with him, provided he's fixed his hair since the end of ATWT. He can be great or terrible depending on the writing and the moment. I question the wisdom of hiring him to play Sloane the asshole, but whatever. I'll give them a chance to fix the character.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

No denying Grayson McCouch is nice eye candy, but really...do we even NEED him or Agent Sloane? Especially when the cast is so hee-yuge as it is?

I mean, no. But as long as Teresa Castillo is still employed at GH, everyone should get a chance.

• Love 5

Oh for fuck's sake, they're not getting rid of that totally useless character, they RECASTED?!?!

I've never seen this actor in anything, but the photo made me wish he had been cast as a semi-dastardly, Chris Ramsey-type doctor, the type I always wanted to come to town to engage in light scheming and hot sex with Britt.  Siiigh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Oh for fuck's sake, they're not getting rid of that totally useless character, they RECASTED?!?!

I've never seen this actor in anything, but the photo made me wish he had been cast as a semi-dastardly, Chris Ramsey-type doctor, the type I always wanted to come to town to engage in light scheming and hot sex with Britt. Siiigh.

OMG, do you know how much I long for a Days Sami/Lucas type of relationship on GH!? The show could have done it with Carly/AJ but nooooo

• Love 5
No denying Grayson McCouch is nice eye candy, but really...do we even NEED him or Agent Sloane?

I mean, no. But as long as Teresa Castillo Ryan Paevey is still employed at GH, everyone should get a chance.

Fixed it for you :)

• Love 5

OMG, do you know how much I long for a Days Sami/Lucas type of relationship on GH!? The show could have done it with Carly/AJ but nooooo

I've been rewatching a lot of David Hayward on the AMC PP reboot and I really need another dastardly yet charming doctor in my life.

• Love 2

Please, don't even mention that ship.  It still hurts my heart.

I did love David and Anna....what's VI doing these days??

Don't put that out in the universe.  I mean, I'd be all for David Hayward, or even just VI, coming to GH, but not with this crew in charge.  No way in hell.

I mean, no. But as long as Teresa Castillo Ryan Paevey is still employed at GH, everyone should get a chance

I had the joke running through my head at three this morning about FrankenRon getting male head shots from Fruit of the Loom. 

Edited by MSquared
  • Love 2

Ugh. Grayson McCouch and Maurice Benard mumblin' and stumblin' through their lines on a daily basis might be the best comedy on TV or the worst thing ever. I'm guessing it'll most likely be the latter. Hope everyone has Closed Captioning! 

I don't know this actor but he's got a good look.  I too think that they can make this character still a bit of an asshole, in that he's going after Anna, but it could be tensison-filled if there is chemistry.  The current actor (who is campaigning to be save, SMH) was just a pompous jerk, and very one-note.  When they had Anna dance with him it actually repulsed me.  I don't see that repulsion with new guy.

• Love 1

Im happy with the recast, I thought the Sloane character could be interesting, but for some reason the original actor never really pulled it of. I can go back to semi shipping them now, so, cool!

Edited by Bawoman

I think the bare bones idea of seeing more WSB agents - it can't just be Anna and off-screen Frisco and Robert forever - has merit, but they went about it the completely wrong way with Sloane.

Edited by TeeVee329

I think the bare bones idea of seeing more WSB agents - it can't just be Anna and off-screen Frisco and Robert forever - has merit, but they went about it the completely wrong way with Sloane.

If it helps to move the show away from being General Mob-spittle and towards more police and WSB characters engaging in derring-do and putting away evildoers, I'm all for it.

Now all they need to do is reveal that Julian is actually a deep-cover WSB agent and we're all set.

• Love 2

I always wanted a suave, black, British WSB agent to come to town and whisk Laura off her feet. My fantasy cast list: Men who would never do today's soaps in a million years.

• Love 3

I always wanted a suave, black, British WSB agent to come to town and whisk Laura off her feet. My fantasy cast list: Men who would never do today's soaps in a million years.

I could see Keith Hamilton Cobb in that sort of role and I do believe he is the same age as Genie is, maybe a bit older. Now that would be quite the pairing, heh.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Sloane character being recasted and kept around. Again this show just keeps adding and adding more bodies and yet none are getting rightfully dumped.

Though I will say that I don't mind the idea of Anna having someone to play off of that isn't Duke since Robert hasn't yet returned to reunite with her with Robin in tow having swung by to pick up Emma before they all fly off to Australia to live happily ever after.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2