Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Q's, what is going on with Dillon?  Didn't they fire RPW a while ago, shouldn't he have been written out by now?

I thought someone said here that they took back the firing and put him on reoccurring. But maybe I imagined that lol.

5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can already hear the ubiquitous fake laugh.

Shudder.

57 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why are there rumors floating around that Nina is pregnant? Ugh.

Wow. Horrible.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm really dreading Q Thanksgiving this year.  We're down two Q's from last year with Tracy and presumably Dillon gone and there'll probably be a bunch of dumb STUFF! with Olivia wrangling with Monica and/or Cook.  Ewww.

Yea, I was thinking I might watch the Thanksgiving ep for the Q's, but it is definitely just gonna be all about Olivia vs. Monica and I'm not into it. Sigh. 

• Love 3

At least if it comes to a Dear Keeks letter, the show still has rights to Dillon-with-an-I, so he won't have to be referred to in absentia as "Kiki's boyfriend." That Starr aftermath business was just hilarious to me. Laura Wright saying "Michael's girlfriend" over and over with such intensity.  

• Love 6
On 11/8/2017 at 4:43 PM, LexieLily said:

Why are there rumors floating around that Nina is pregnant? Ugh.

Britt said she was infertile!

I speculate that it's because MS wears such tight dresses and she's got a bit of a tummy in them.

I'm really dreading the probability of Oscar being Drew and Tamara Braun's.  A second Jason and a second Carly having a kid who's dating the first Carly's daughter is just so damn incestuous, especially given how much focus the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity gets as is.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Next week's spoiler: https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2017/11/general-hospital-spoilers-november-13-17-2017/

Hey, Nora!  I'm guessing she tells Alexis about Valentin slipping her an extra (OOC for Nora) payment to ensure Olivia J. got sent to the bughouse.  Which...that's some not great lawyering, Nora.

And yay, Robin next week too!

I do not get what Franco is doing.  Both the Jasons are ticked at him at the moment, why would revealing which is which make that big a difference?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Oh God not Nora again... haven't they ruined enough OLTL characters?

Why couldn't they have given this part to an ACTUAL GH character like Ric or something? 

18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do not get what Franco is doing.  Both the Jasons are ticked at him at the moment, why would revealing which is which make that big a difference?

Because he's a selfish idiot. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BF4L said:

Oh God not Nora again... haven't they ruined enough OLTL characters?

Why couldn't they have given this part to an ACTUAL GH character like Ric or something? 

I didn't think it made much sense for Nora to represent Valentin, but looking past that, that whole thing with Valentin having a connection with Olivia J. was a loose thread that I'm glad they're going back to.

• Love 1

It's definitely OOC for Nora to represent Valentin. She was always that moral kind of lawyer who refused people like Dorian but Valentin is okay... yeah, nope. Just another way GH continues to ruin OLTL characters for plot.

• Love 2

I still have a crackpot theory that it was supposed to be Tea representing Valentin, but FloLo was busy.

Nora can make it up to me by mentioning that she could help Alexis' former stepson during the adoption process because she helped a gay couple in Llanview adopt their second child. #showinmyhead

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Just outta curiousity...anyone remember if Cassandra/Jessica Tuck (who played Viki's daughter on OLTL, late 80's early 90's) ever ran into or interacted with Dr.(can't remember his name-Keek's mentor) /James DePaiva (who played Max Holden on OLTL) when they were both on OLTL? I know that Nora B & Max interacted quite frequently.

Just wondering.....

I miss my OLTL so much. :-(

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

He's found a new way to get Jason's attention…and he's milking it.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

Just outta curiousity...anyone remember if Cassandra/Jessica Tuck (who played Viki's daughter on OLTL, late 80's early 90's) ever ran into or interacted with Dr.(can't remember his name-Keek's mentor) /James DePaiva (who played Max Holden on OLTL) when they were both on OLTL? I know that Nora B & Max interacted quite frequently.

BF4L is right, Max and Megan dated in the late eighties.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, BF4L said:

Roger looked a lot older than Trevor on OLTL too. It's lazy writing. I've been there. Just just to power through. At least you guys will probably get something afterwards. We got cancellation lol.

What can the people watching possibly get from Steve-O, other than mumbling and staring in high def ? But yes, unless they address and explain the obvious age difference, laziness.  It's another way to treat the viewers like idiots, and it works.

39 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

BF4L is right, Max and Megan dated in the late eighties.

Soon as I posted that,  I remembered they (Megan & Max) dated (& geez, I was even watching at the time! I'll blame age related memory) ...she ended up with Jake as I recall, before she died. That was a very moving death scene...when he carried her to the window.....

Of course Michael Easton was on too, but I think it was a different time frame than Megan & Max...but was certainly the same time as Nora Buchanan.

Sigh.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nora can make it up to me by mentioning that she could help Alexis' former stepson during the adoption process because she helped a gay couple in Llanview adopt their second child. #showinmyhead

As you know, I love the way think.

3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

But yes, unless they address and explain the obvious age difference, laziness.

As someone else pointed out at some point, BM Jason got plastic surgery, so honestly him looking younger is probably the least illogical part of this story.

• Love 3

GENERAL HOSPITAL – The holidays are both bitter and sweet for those in Port Charles. All are in shock when Andre’s lies finally catch up with him and, in an emotional moment of regret, we finally learn the truth about Patient 6’s identity. Alexis desperately tries to make amends for last year’s mistakes and start anew, yet can’t help but wonder if she’ll ever be able to shake her past. While Josslyn and Oscar get closer to the truth, Nelle continues to try and assert herself in Michael’s life. And as Laura finally accepts love again, Sam wonders if she really knows what’s in her heart. (Beginning Friday, Dec. 1)

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/ABC-announces-25-Days-of-Christmas-programming-456448713.html

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

As someone else pointed out at some point, BM Jason got plastic surgery, so honestly him looking younger is probably the least illogical part of this story.

I suppose so. But SBu looks almost old enough to play BM's daddy. Many actors have had less age difference than that and DID play parent to a slightly younger actor. Plastic surgery excuse or not, it would be jarring for me if I were watching-the idea that these two people could be confused. No, not really. Not if you have working eyeballs.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neptune said:

Nelle continues to try and assert herself in Michael’s life.

W.H.Y.  Just write her out!

1 hour ago, Neptune said:

Laura finally accepts love again

...Kevin is also accepting love again, stupid show.  I wonder if this is a hint that their "us and family" wedding will be at Christmas.  But wasn't there an SID spoiler about them running into trouble or tension between them or something?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

...Kevin is also accepting love again, stupid show.  I wonder if this is a hint that their "us and family" wedding will be at Christmas.  But wasn't there an SID spoiler about them running into trouble or tension between them or something?

That spoiler makes no sense. They've already accepted love again. They're engaged to be married, for heaven's sake.

And I certainly hope their "us and family" wedding includes ALL of Laura's grandchildren and at the very least mentions of Lucky and Serena/Christina.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Neptune said:

Nelle continues to try and assert herself in Michael’s life.

They screwed up Nelle the same way they screwed up Hayden/Rachel: a frantically overwritten, overcomplicated back story that just kept coming, leaving the actress twisting in the wind, the character incoherent and ultimately exhausting.

And the big difference here, the reason why I was a little sad to see Haychel go, but I am at the "Uncle! Write her off" point with Nelle? Chloe Lanier does not have Rebecca Budig's charisma, nor her ability to strike sparks with other actors. Budig's been in this business for decades. She can grab on to a mess of a story and make something fitfully watchable out of it. Lanier has some skill, but not experience. She's professional and seems to try, but she does not make a compelling presence just by showing up. She needs good writing to be good. On this show, she's at the back of a long line where good writing is concerned. When the writing is bad, she sinks with it, and her line deliveries start grating.   

And as Laura finally accepts love again

Whatever. Never bought it. I know some people here have found this coupling refreshing and sweet, but it's always just seemed so pulled out of the writers' collective ass to me. "Hey! Jon is nearly 60, and Genie is in her 50s, and neither of them has anything else going on. Let's throw them together!" Once married, they'll be on about as often as Felicia and Mac are...if they're not written off in one of those stories where someone gets a great job opportunity far from town. 

Did they ever solve that cryptography mystery involving law books and Helena's will, or was that just the Maguffin to jumpstart their "romance"? 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Did they ever solve that cryptography mystery involving law books and Helena's will, or was that just the Maguffin to jumpstart their "romance"? 

I think they figured out, after they had already gone to Cassadine Island to get the not-dead Nikolas, that the clues were supposed to be leading her there and to the not-Luke skeleton that Lulu tripped over.

It was such a promising, soapy idea, but all of Helena's will gifts fizzled out.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was such a promising, soapy idea, but all of Helena's will gifts fizzled out.

The will gifts were so stupid in the first place. An empty envelope? A curse? The only thing that had any oomph was Helena leaving Alexis the knife she slit her mother's throat with.

22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think they figured out, after they had already gone to Cassadine Island to get the not-dead Nikolas, that the clues were supposed to be leading her there and to the not-Luke skeleton that Lulu tripped over.

I thought it was one of the interesting storylines with potential that was dropped/scrapped/changed when TC ultimately left. (Like how Althena the Stavros/Lulu girl turned into Charlotte/Valentin). But that could also be me giving them an excuse and they just dropped it. 

I wanted to find out what Laura loved and lost.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The will gifts were so stupid in the first place. An empty envelope?

That was irritatingly retconned to have had an address on it the whole time, NOT!

But yeah, Alexis getting the knife definitely had the most oomph.

• Love 3

LOL at Carly and Sonny not knowing about the twin thing. "No one told us this!" Carly huffs. Because it's not about you!

1 hour ago, BF4L said:

BM thinks SB is Drew? lol. It's obvious the exact opposite is true. 

I know. Though I think it's the only way Jason Miller can deal with what's happened. Maybe if he'd cared a little more about who he was when he first came to town, it might not be such a shock.

• Love 4

I can't decide which is most amusing: BMJason insisting *he* is the real Jason when he once said he didn't have a good opinion of Jason from what he'd heard and thus was struggling to accept that identity, or the Commissioner telling hostile BMJason  she didn't need his permission for a DNA test due to it being a public safety issue,  or Monica hearing about the twin thing from BMJason before S&C/S&C being offended that they had not heard about the twins possibility from either Jason, or BMJason approaching SBJason like he thinks he can intimidate him.  SBJason's "you're an annoying idiot if you think you scare me" look is back in that spoiler clip.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

SBJason's "you're an annoying idiot if you think you scare me" look is back in that spoiler clip.

That was my favorite part of the clip. BM is playing this so angry and  unhinged and it's cracking me up.

• Love 2

While I agree with you all that it is funny/weird/OTT, I kind of enjoy the irony that Jason's brother has been raising Jason's son, at the moment the real Jason is 'nothing to Danny' (borrowing Sonny's quote to blond sister back when Michael was little), and the brother wants to keep Jason away from Sam, Danny and Scout, saying he's a danger. All because Jason made a choice five years ago, and it wasn't to stay home with his family on his son's first night at home. Karma sucks, huh Jason. 

Although now I wonder if Sonny will try to intimidate BMJason into giving up Sam, Danny and Jake to the real Jason.  The difference though is that BMJason could squish Sonny if he tried to put him on a meat hook.

• Love 9

Perhaps it's the fact that the show is, based only on what I am reading, squarely back in "General Mobspital" territory. *shrug* for whoever actually likes these characters, I'm sure you're happier than a pig in slop. Slop being the operative word. But each time I actually come online and try to read about anything GH wise to see how far it's swirling down the drain-I just keep thinking "WHEW". I'm SO GLAD now that most of the real Qs are either dead or gone.

Jane Elliot smelled the stink of death and got out just in time.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'm SO GLAD now that most of the real Qs are either dead or gone.

It did strike me again watching that promo that the show only invested in another Quartermaine as a leading character by inventing a second Jason.  Barf.

• Love 5

Of course they did. Because you know, bringing on one of Bradley's kids or grandchildren or even great grand children, or introducing an unknown daughter for AJ, or even revamping and bringing back Brook Lynn, would just be too much.  No, we needed another Jason. Said nobody, ever.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

or introducing an unknown daughter for AJ

Since TPTB insisted on bringing on Nelle, they could have made her AJ's daughter/Michael's sister. It would have fit into her random REVENGE plan on Carly and spared us all the Michael/Nelle "relationship."

• Love 12