Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I think they got BM and lost the casting budget.

He ain't cheap.

I thought they did that when they got Michelle Stafford. I'm quite certain she didn't come cheap, either. So unless they're hoarding money, where the FUCK will they get the money to pay Miller, IF indeed they do cast him?

• Love 1

where the FUCK will they get the money to pay Miller, IF indeed they do cast him?

From what they save by putting all the long-time characters on recurring status and only having them on screen once or twice a month. 

(edited)

This is the first time I've really peeked into the spoiler thread, and I am... dismayed. Billy Miller as Jason? I really like BM, but GH does not need a new Jason. I can't think of a character I've missed less than Jason.

And frankly, I just don't see it as a good recast. I could easily buy Steve Burton as a brain damaged robot. Billy Miller, on the other hand, tends to show actual emotions.

Kailey Cassadine? Good god, is this what we've come to? KAILEY? Even aside from the name (which would have Stefan rolling in his grave), I have very little interest in seeing new members of the family materialize. They worked really well from maybe '96-'00, but since then the whole "Cassadine prince" thing has just seemed extravagantly silly. I would take back Stefan in an instant, but if they're not going to get Stephen Nichols, I'd just as soon they phase out the whole crew (Alexis excepted, of course).

I imagine Serena's arrival is imminent. In SoapLand, two mentions of an off-screen character are never a coincidence.  It would be cool if they got Carly Schroeder back--she looks great in recent photos, and I was fond of her back in the day.

Edited by Ladybyrd

And frankly, I just don't see it as a good recast. I could easily buy Steve Burton as a brain damaged robot. Billy Miller, on the other hand, tends to show actual emotions.

Jason Morgan was a brain-damaged robot.  Jason Quartermaine, on the other hand...

• Love 2
This is the first time I've really peeked into the spoiler thread, and I am... dismayed. Billy Miller as Jason? I really like BM, but GH does not need a new Jason. I can't think of a character I've missed less than Jason.

While it seems inevitable that Jason is coming back some time soon, there's been zero confirmation that it's BM playing him.  I think the origin of the rumor was speculation that it's something FrankenRon would do, and it kind of took on a life of its own from there. 

• Love 3

While it seems inevitable that Jason is coming back some time soon, there's been zero confirmation that it's BM playing him.  I think the origin of the rumor was speculation that it's something FrankenRon would do, and it kind of took on a life of its own from there. 

Well, Michael Logan added fuel to the fire by saying he heard it was practically a done deal

• Love 2
(edited)

SOD is reporting that Sabrina will start trolling our screens again on Thursday August 21st.  Ugh, already?!?!

They should just go ahead and write Sabrina out. I'm not even one of the people who hate her but I'm pretty sure 97% of the other characters don't even know she exists. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

They should just go ahead and write Sabrina out.

I'm pretty sure they will, which will further confirm my belief that the actor who was really the propped, pimped and petted one in that shitbag storyline wasn't TeCa/Sabrina, but JT/Patrick.  Even as he seemed to go out of his way to tank it.

I can't help but compare how the character of Sabrina was carefully confined to that one particular storyline to how Kiki has stuck her snout into just about every storyline on the canvas, plus shared scenes with nearly every character.  THAT, my friends, is what a pet looks like..

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure they will, which will further confirm my belief that the actor who was really the propped, pimped and petted one in that shitbag storyline wasn't TeCa/Sabrina, but JT/Patrick. Even as he seemed to go out of his way to tank it.

I can't help but compare how the character of Sabrina was carefully confined to that one particular storyline to how Kiki has stuck her snout into just about every storyline on the canvas, plus shared scenes with nearly every character. THAT, my friends, is what a pet looks like..

I have to disagree with this. TeCa was propped to the nth degree, IMO. She got an actual place to leave when so many others live in the park or the Metro Court. We saw her disney prince charming fantasy's about Patrick. She got a perfect score on her nursing test. We saw random staf & patient's tell us how wonderful she is. The 50th anniversary NB was all about her transformation & performances. Robin's return was all about Sabrina's feelings. This years NB ended with people going to be by her side. Her child, baby sham wow, had more people & singing vs AJ's a long term vet/legacy character.

IMO, TeCa is an awful actress. I haven't seen her generate chemistry with her scene partners. She's been known to step on lines & too often she doesn't make eye contact in scenes. KA is too but she has the advantage of working with Cartini for years & having sentimental value to them.

I haven't missed TeCa/Sabrina's presence one bit & fear how they will attempt to shoe horn her into story lines. I hope they let her go vs hanging on to a useless character.

I'm praying to to soap gods that we get Jason Q back vs the holy hitman. There are more than enough mobular people left on this FAKATA show.

• Love 5

I have to disagree with this. TeCa was propped to the nth degree, IMO. She got an actual place to leave when so many others live in the park or the Metro Court. We saw her disney prince charming fantasy's about Patrick. She got a perfect score on her nursing test. We saw random staf & patient's tell us how wonderful she is. The 50th anniversary NB was all about her transformation & performances. Robin's return was all about Sabrina's feelings. This years NB ended with people going to be by her side. Her child, baby sham wow, had more people & singing vs AJ's a long term vet/legacy character.

IMO, TeCa is an awful actress. I haven't seen her generate chemistry with her scene partners. She's been known to step on lines & too often she doesn't make eye contact in scenes. KA is too but she has the advantage of working with Cartini for years & having sentimental value to them.

I haven't missed TeCa/Sabrina's presence one bit & fear how they will attempt to shoe horn her into story lines. I hope they let her go vs hanging on to a useless character.

I'm praying to to soap gods that we get Jason Q back vs the holy hitman. There are more than enough mobular people left on this FAKATA show.

This. Every last word of it. This.

• Love 1
(edited)

At the very least, she did try. I can see that. Kristen Alderson hasn't showed up to work since she was 8. Or maybe 10. But I think TeCa could have worked if she hadn't been shoved down our throats and maybe been Micheal's new pet project. Instead, we get Chad Duell dragged down even further by KA and her mugging. You'd think the years of working against KDP, RH, and ES would have taught her something. But damn. Like, I know Lauren's story, but I don't care. At least when Sabrina is on, I can be like oh the shiny hair. But poor Carlos. Why must he lose?

And if Billy Miller is Jason, he will play Jason Q. I don't think that dude could nor would play Jason Morgan.

Edited by Grrpants09

As much as I abhor Sahbweeenah,  I think TCa has actually been really good at times, notably right before she left for her leave.  

KA on the other hand has never once been even mediocre.  There are so many scenes she has ruined with her bizarre facial expressions and peculiar line readings.   What I find especially glaring is that when KA, who has been acting since she was a kid, shares scenes with total newbies like RP, the newbie always acts circles around her.  

• Love 2
And if Billy Miller is Jason, he will play Jason Q. I don't think that dude could nor would play Jason Morgan.

Well, to be fair, I think anyone could play Jason Morgan.   I mean, I fully expect that some day I'm going to receive notice that my disability is being revoked because I can still stare and blink, so the vocational expert has determined I'm physically able to play the role of Jason Morgan.  

• Love 6

His final scene better be fucking awesome. Go out in style Puss in Boots! I want him to dance, yell, scream, cry, shake, throw things. I want to feel like I'm watching a telenovela.

Bonus points if Carlos shoots Fluke or at least the computer screen.

• Love 2

Never fear, just because Mickey didn't check the "organ donor" box when he renewed his license, doesn't mean Alice won't get his heart. Mickey's sister ( and next of kin) will be coming to PC. Oh gee, do you think there is any chance she'll agree to donate his organs?

• Love 1

Because the Brothers Corinthos don't already come off pathetic enough?

FFS, Micheal, you're a damned Quartermaine. And Morgan? Well, Jax raised you better. Call him.

Jax's continued absence is ridiculous.  Except, I hate to think of what Ron would do to him if he had him on screen for more than 5 minutes, so I'm kind of OK with it.  

• Love 2

Actually I think she won't and Morgan and Michael will have to plead.

Even if they have to plead with her, she still has to agree to it and sign paperwork giving permission. If she doesn't agree, and she's the next if kin, there is no transplant.

Whether she does it to try to make amends for his life of crime, because they ask nicely, because she thinks it is dumb for anyone not to be an organ donor, or because they pay her a billion dollars, I don't think matters much, as long as Alice gets the heart, since she is apparently the most important member of the Q family in Ron's mind.

Edited by Veronica

I heard Rosalie ends up being Mickey's daughter. Now the Morgan scene makes more sense. We also know Rosalie is all about the benjamins. I'm sure the Q's will plead and pay her and she will give Alice Mickey's heart.

• Love 1

I usually try not to being tidbits from the mags here but I couldn't resist commenting on this (from SoapZone):

RC says that the writers decided giving Alice Rafe's heart was too obvious and they think the fact that there is no heart makes the situation more real. Alice is fading fast and there is no donor. The extended family gathers together, including Tracy, Ned, Michael, Monica, Morgan and Kiki.

Yeah . . . because making things too obvious has detained him before? The heck . . . 

• Love 2

I usually try not to being tidbits from the mags here but I couldn't resist commenting on this (from SoapZone):

Yeah . . . because making things too obvious has detained him before? The heck . . . 

It's one of his great injections of realism into the show, just like AJ being in jail and therefore offscreen for months.

• Love 1

Cableguide spoilers:

Mon: Sam and Patrick investigate Nina.

Tue: Patrick and Sam make shocking discoveries. 

Wed: Sam tries to get out of trouble.

Thu: Patrick learns who caused his accident.

Fri: Nathan tells Maxie how he feels.

I will not be accountable for my actions, if it turns out that Patrick's accident was caused by Victor due to anything having to deal with Robin.

Ron can bite it. This type of passive agressive shit is right up Ron's alley. Attempting to make Robin the underlying cause of Patrick's accident & loss of shamwow. Robin's fault is pathetic. She's a captive! She can't control Victor & is not responsible for his actions.

I bet Patty still doesn't tell Anna where Robin is.

I knew I wouldn't be allowed to enjoy SamTrick long.

I have no issue with Sam and Pat becoming a couple (though I wonder if putting two talented but kinda low-energy actors together is such a hot idea).

I just can't stand that Robin will likely get shit on in the process, somehow. Why can't Robin and Patrick just have an amicable split, sharing custody of Emma, and I can pretend a character I grew up with (and care a lot more about than Pat or Sam) is living a reasonably happy life offscreen?

(edited)

I have no issue with Sam and Pat becoming a couple (though I wonder if putting two talented but kinda low-energy actors together is such a hot idea).

I just can't stand that Robin will likely get shit on in the process, somehow. Why can't Robin and Patrick just have an amicable split, sharing custody of Emma, and I can pretend a character I grew up with (and care a lot more about than Pat or Sam) is living a reasonably happy life offscreen?

I don't mind SamTrick. I'm one of the people who don't believe Patty is the love of Robin's life. I'm okay with Patrick moving on. After Robin's death, they had things set up for Patrick to get involved with Maxie when she was living with him, Lulu while she helped him through is 5 minute addiction or Sam after she was experiencing loss as well. Instead they went for the forced propped Purina coupling instead.

SamTrick was the one I wanted the most. Yes, they are spending time together now but Patrick knows about Jason. I don't see them being a couple or going any further than being plot points.

Robin could be back in Paris living & working. She could have had PTSD or simply not been able to deal with all the emotions of being back in PC. Emma could visit often. Robin being free, safe & happy is all I want.

ETA: Nina standing & walking now clarifies the rumor of her & Franco finding Spencer to me.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Cableguide spoilers:

Mon: Sam and Patrick investigate Nina.

Wed: Sam tries to get out of trouble.

Fri: Nathan tells Maxie how he feels.

Ugh! if I must suffer through Sam and smug Patdick ALL freakin' week at least I get my det Special Kitty on Friday.

Patrick is married and hasn't gone to try and deal with his wife even though he has no job. Obviously if he is dealing with all the shenanigans with Sam he could get on a damn plane and see Robin! Not like Emma is his priority here either. He just comes across as such a douche running about with Sam while he is married afte already having shamwow with another woman.

Kelly and Michael Easton aren't exactly a ball of fire, either, but they're paired up. I prefer understatement to scenery-chewing, but both extremes have their advantages and disadvantages.

I know. Why does Ron insist on ruining characters when they aren't onscreen anymore? It's so petty and shortsighted.

Obviously if he is dealing with all the shenanigans with Sam he could get on a damn plane and see Robin!

i don't think Patrick being able to visit Robin is an obvious option at all. Victor is trying to keep things secret; if Patrick can pop in and out, chances are he'll tell someone what's going on.

Kind of an aside: Are cable spoilers really spoilers? For one thing, they never reveal anything. For another, anyone with a cable box gets some version; isn't that a wide enough net cast that we can post them in the main thread?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

From about.com:

Nina and Silas have a boychild who is alive

Expect Nina to get the Franco treatment with Patrick as her doc

Jasus news: Victor won't let Robin give Jason the last treatment until she revives Stavros and Helena. Sam finds an old text Jason sent the night he died. Pat demands to see Robin at the clinic. He asks for a divorce. She begs for patience. He grows closer to Sam, but does not tell her what Robin is doing. Expect Jason to be mentioned before he is seen.

Fluke/Julian stuff: November sweeps will be the search for Luke, Anna and Ric clue Alexis in, Alexis learns from Julian that his boss is Luke (he thinks he's working for Luke) and Fluke is pissed, Molly fakes Julian bonding to clear her dad

Carlos is pissed about Gabriel's death and wants revenge

Dr O does not want Helena defrosted. She betrayed Helena.

Shawn and Jordan have a secret..,, and sex.

On Soapzone, it was posted that ME confirmed that Jason is returning and that Silas got stabbed.

Nina and Silas have a boychild who is alive

Oh crap. I started worrying about their extended family on Friday when she was talking about when she and Silas went to a cousin's wedding back in the pre-coma days. More new characters. Just what we need. (Unless we find out boychild was Rafe and he stays dead. -- nothing against the kid, just against more newbies)

ETA: Maybe this is the only way Ron knows to resolve storylines. He can't see where to go, so he brings in someone new and lurches off in a different direction.

Edited by rur