Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Spoilers and Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

On 12/12/2018 at 6:59 PM, LanceM said:

So, Outwitted posted another riddle spoiler today on reddit about who is not the final 3. However there is no need to post it now because he got into a little spat with that other spoiler who was claiming that he was wrong and that Kara is in the final 3.  So he posted this:

"They DO contradict and I DO have a monopoly. F3 = Jabeni. Kara = F4."

So it appears that the F3 is indeed Nick, Angelina and Mike.  We shall see next Wednesday if he is right..

Sorry you guys got so confused reading this. The Nick/Angelina/Mike F3 should be the correct one.

I reached out to the Kara spoiler a bunch of times and haven't got confirmation on that at all.

Anything survivor leaks said shouldn't be believed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, marys1000 said:

Watched an Alison secret scene/post FTC interview and she says that Davie is now on everyone's radar and has to go.  

:(

So sad.  I really wish he and Nick made it to the end together.  Since Nick played his idol, I'm wondering how he manages to make it to the end.  We have two votes left and one fire-making challenge left, correct?  So maybe for the first vote, he's safe because everyone targets Davie and for the second, he wins immunity?

Or maybe there is another idol (or advantage).  The spoiler says two men find two which would be Davie and Dan, but it doesn't rule out more than that.

• Love 1
On 12/14/2018 at 8:50 PM, LadyChatts said:

So does this mean Angelina is getting the Sia prize?  Or will Sia give it to someone else and we hear Angelina say "Sia...Sia...Sia..."

I really need this to happen. Like either one lol.

22 hours ago, Jextella said:

Since Nick played his idol, I'm wondering how he manages to make it to the end.  

Well, knowing the F3 is Nick/Mike/Angelina, I'm assuming those three just stick it out together until the end. I also think it's probably Nick that wins the FIC.

• Love 2

This is a guess on my part based on the previews and spoilers but this is how I’m imagining the finale playing out:  Davie wins next immunity and Alison is voted out 6th.  Davie is voted out 5th.  Mike wins the final challenge and takes Angelina to final 3.  Nick beats Kara at the fire challenge and Nick, Angelina and Mike are F3.  Nick wins 5-4-1.

Edited by Coco88
Spelling
  • Love 2

Not a spoiler OR a speculation, but rather an interesting observation: this season is somewhat notable for its absolute lack of anyone resembling a “challenge beast”.  Had anybody else noticed we’ve yet to see ANY single individual win more than one individual immunity challenge?  :)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Had anybody else noticed we’ve yet to see ANY single individual win more than one individual immunity challenge?  :)

A few Redditors had, and I'd been keeping track ever since.  Nick and Angelina both need to win an IC in order to keep there from being any repeat winners this season.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Coco88 said:

This is a guess on my part based on the previews and spoilers but this is how I’m imagining the finale playing out:  Davie wins next immunity and Alison is voted out 6th.  Davie is voted out 5th.  Mike wins the final challenge and takes Angelina to final 3.  Nick beats Kara at the fire challenge and Nick, Angelina and Mike are F3.  Nick wins 5-4-1.

I have been thinking Nick will win the FIC, take Mike, Kara/Angelina compete in the fire making challenge and Angelina wins. I remember Nick mentioning Angelina was great at making fire in his mid-season interview and ever since then I've thought Angelina is probably in the fire making challenge.

Does anyone remember what the last two FICs were like? 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have been thinking Nick will win the FIC, take Mike, Kara/Angelina compete in the fire making challenge and Angelina wins. I remember Nick mentioning Angelina was great at making fire in his mid-season interview and ever since then I've thought Angelina is probably in the fire making challenge.

Does anyone remember what the last two FICs were like? 

That is what I was thinking. We saw Angelina making fire at the swap tribe but have never seen Kara making a fire.

The FICs were pretty normal. Each person gets a station with fire making materials and a rope that they have to burn through. First to burn through the rope wins.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

That is what I was thinking. We saw Angelina making fire at the swap tribe but have never seen Kara making a fireThe FICs were pretty normal. Each person gets a station with fire making materials and a rope that they have to burn through. First to burn through the rope wins.

No, I mean the final immunity challenges. They used to be more endurance based but I can't remember if they've changed that up lately with the new fire-making twist.

If it's a Nick/Mike/Angelina final, it will be the talkiest FTC ever*!  Which is good with me.  It could be like a case study in different styles of persuasive rhetoric! 

*It would be even talkier if Christian was there.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

No, I mean the final immunity challenges. They used to be more endurance based but I can't remember if they've changed that up lately with the new fire-making twist.

Hasn't it been some gigantic obstacle course of the long and tall variety?  Throw your ball into the Y shaped branch to pull the branch and release a rope ladder, climb up ladder to next platform, do something, get to next platform, do something, next platform, then some kind of puzzle?  Or alternatively, the other way, going from high to low.  Climb steps, slide down gigantic water slide, do something, etc.

Or are those when there are five people left?

I'm feeling a terrible sense of dread and trepidation that Mike is going to win the million dollars on Wed night.

I was planning to post a lengthy detailed list of all the attributes that I believe "prove" beyond any shadow of a doubt that Mike has chosen to adopt all of the worst characteristics of those players who never take any chances, never do anything provocative and who believe they can float along on the sidelines all season long and then wind up winning the million dollar prize by default - by floating and flipping and riding on some coattails and every other cliche known to fans of this game. I'm guessing Mike believes the prize money will just fall into his lap at the end of the season and he won't have to do hardly anything to make that happen.

I have two strong reasons for feeling this way and they may well be different from the ways you might expect. One reason is due to Mike's background as a writer and actor. Those two abilities can help him to B.S. his way around and through most any of the other players and convince the members of the jury to vote for him. The other reason is that when it is time to vote, Aggravina may have said or done any number of things to anger the jury to the point they will chose to vote for anyone - as long as it's not her. The jury members may become so enraged at her for some of the things she may have said or done, their judgement may very well become clouded and they may be unable to make any rational choice and they may wind up voting for Mike because he is not Aggravina and they may decide to vote for anyone just as long as they are not her.

Oh, Lord have mercy!   Ummm   ......   Please?  Please?  Please?  Oh Lord?  Oh Lord?  Natalie?  Anyone?  Help?  Help?  Help?   Oh Please?  Please?  Please? 

Edited by MisterBluxom
On 12/16/2018 at 8:56 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I really need this to happen. Like either one lol.

Well, knowing the F3 is Nick/Mike/Angelina, I'm assuming those three just stick it out together until the end. I also think it's probably Nick that wins the FIC.

Which would make Mike and Angelina HUGE Idiots and continue looking like his cronies. 

I'm not seeing Angelina and Mike looking anything more than Nick's cronies and like fools seeing Alison as a bigger threat and wanting to go to the end with Nick. They even showed Davie and Kara saying to not tell Angelina or Mike about the plan to ouster Nick that Idiot Allison blabbed to Mike. Hence they are seen are Nick's cronies and wont win shit if they are F3 with him 

• Love 1

I just watched Jeff's pre-season assessment of the contestants and he really over-does the David stuff when talking about Nick.  He calls him a David who got an education and a chance to be a Goliath, but decided to go back home and help other Davids get a chance.

Mike was basically "doesn't look like a Goliath but has had nothing but successes."

Angelina was "is probably going to hide how smart she is."  Hah!

Jeff's also really into the concept of a David blossoming into a Goliath, which shows me that he probably skipped out on Sunday School a time or two.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I'm not seeing Angelina and Mike looking anything more than Nick's cronies and like fools seeing Alison as a bigger threat and wanting to go to the end with Nick. They even showed Davie and Kara saying to not tell Angelina or Mike about the plan to ouster Nick that Idiot Allison blabbed to Mike. Hence they are seen are Nick's cronies and wont win shit if they are F3 with him 

Wouldn't it be lovely if TPTB had a brief segment during the Finale that showed people promising not to tell anyone some secret info and then .... they blab away which causes someone to be voted out who did not deserve that.  I'm not suggesting this segment be shown to the contestants before they vote. I'm not suggesting that at all.  I don't know which would be a better approach. I would not like to see innocent people be voted out but I just get so ticked off sometimes that I would truly love to see these people get what they deserve.

3 hours ago, MisterBluxom said:

Oh, Lord have mercy!   Ummm   ......   Please?  Please?  Please?  Oh Lord?  Oh Lord?  Natalie?  Anyone?  Help?  Help?  Help?   Oh Please?  Please?  Please? 

My god, you sound just like Angelina.  :>

12 hours ago, SVNBob said:

A few Redditors had, and I'd been keeping track ever since.  Nick and Angelina both need to win an IC in order to keep there from being any repeat winners this season.

Nick’s (and, go a lesser extent, Angelina’s) lack of any IIC win is why I mentioned it.  In a season where the immunity challenge win spread only runs (at present) from none to one, does the lack of ANY immunity challenge win in a finalist’s Survivor resume take on less significance than in previous seasons, or more?

2 hours ago, Special K said:

Jeff's also really into the concept of a David blossoming into a Goliath, which shows me that he probably skipped out on Sunday School a time or two.

Thank you for the memory and the very nice laugh too. You are a funny person and I don't mean that in the way that Joe Pesci means it. I mean funny "Ha Ha". That is the good kind of funny.

17 hours ago, Nashville said:

My god, you sound just like Angelina.  :>

Nick’s (and, go a lesser extent, Angelina’s) lack of any IIC win is why I mentioned it.  In a season where the immunity challenge win spread only runs (at present) from none to one, does the lack of ANY immunity challenge win in a finalist’s Survivor resume take on less significance than in previous seasons, or more?

Oh Nash!  I wish you wouldn't have said that.  On account of you saying that, I just cut my tongue out of my head.  I would do most anything to stop all comparisons between me and that horrible, terrible filthy pants wearing creature.

What an aggravating lady.  No one but Aggravina can cast a trance by wearing filthy pants. No one but she can make such an ugly racket over such a shabby jacket.

I don't know why, Nash. But as the finale approaches, I tend to get into a rhyming mood. I know that something similar happens to Aggravina.  She gets real happy and then she gets real yappy.  Just you wait and see, Nash.  She doesn't need to jump into anyone's lap. She just ruffles her feathers and it's, "Yap! Yap! Yap!".

Oh Lord. Please. Can't you spare us from the horrors of Yappalina?

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 1

I don't think Angelina has really angered or enraged anyone with anything she said or did. She seems well liked by most in the tribe.  The problem is she can apparently be very annoying as we have heard  many people in the season say. I can relate to this. I think we have all had that friend or family member who may be the nicest person in the world and you can have a fun time with them for awhile but eventually they start to get on your nerves.  That's Angelina. Difference is in the real world we can say great seeing you by I've got to go home.  On the island you can't really do that though you do have the option of sending her home.

Anyway, Outwitted has some more finale speculation:

"I’m not posting to make a spoiler, but I do have some ties to members of production, and there’s been a slight (last minute) change to the live show schedule. Again, I don’t think this has any direct spoiler implication, so if you draw any conclusions from it, do not blame me.

Part of the live reunion show has inserted a brief stint that just says “the proposal”... I’m assuming this means someone gets engaged. Considering there weren’t any showmances, who do we think proposes?"

The speculation is that this is probably Nick proposing to his girlfriend but could be Christian as well. 

Got this on Twitter tonight.  Too cryptic for me:

REALvegas4sure #cbbus2‏ @REALvegasbackup

More

SURVIVOR : Major drama and discovering a *possible* CHEATER. A castaway is being investigated for having snuck in contraband found during F3/4 pack up BUT reported very recently. Facing DQ. Possible LIVE revote @ finale or 2nd place to win. EXECS SCRAMBLING.

This person spoils for Big Brother and is usually pretty solid, so I'm thinking there's some truth to this.  At the same time, they are also know to draw attention to themselves.  So it sounds like possibly whoever won cheated, maybe in the fire making tie breaker (which, if true, I blame TPTB for putting that rule there in the first place).  It seems like it would have to be serious enough for them to consider DQ someone, and why would they care if the person wasn't the winner?  If it was Angelina, whose supposed to finish 3rd, would they care if she cheated if her being in the final 3 didn't amount to anything?  They could easily just strip her of her money.  I can't see them going to the trouble if it wasn't the winner, unless they just plan on stripping whoever of their money after-but that wouldn't mean a re-vote or second place winning by default.  

But seriously, if this means whoever wins is DQ I call absolute BS on the show and will seriously lose respect.  Unless it was something immensely major, but this was filmed back last spring.  How could they be just discovering this now unless someone tattled (and I feel that's the only way they would have found out).  And I won't lie, Mike and Angelina are the first two I thought of that would pull this.  T

So someone could win this just because TPTB are too stupid to do their jobs?  Mike, who is one of the worst players this game has ever had, or Angelina, one of the most annoying who thinks she's one of the best, could win getting 1 vote or no votes?   And if they do a re-vote, does this mean Alec isn't banned anymore?

ETA: checked that twitter account and they said someone did tattle, and that the producers on site knew, but that the higher ups didn't.  Assuming this is all true, I hope whoever the rat is gets exposed, and I say that even if it's Nick or Davie who are the only two going into the finale that I'm rooting for.  It just seems like sour grapes for someone to bring this up now.  Unless TPTB wanted a different winner and will use this as an excuse.  But is whoever squealed to them threatening to expose them?  Isn't that what those stupid contracts are for, so they can't just tell all?  I guess I don't get why this is a big deal.  

Edited by LadyChatts

That would be so strange if it is true.  Someone cheated and someone knew but just recently tattled.  And then the TPTB believe this tattler even though they are just coming forward now.  What was the tattler doing all this time?  Blackmailing the cheater?

• Love 1

I appreciate the spoilers but hate that the person is so vague with certain details.  So is Mike the narc, the default winner, or the cheater?

If this did have to do with the fire making tie breaker, and Kara loses as a result, I hope she gets a guaranteed return back and compensated.  They did that for Lex and Tom in Africa when there was a mistake in the fallen comrades challenge.

• Love 1

I think it means that Mike White smuggled in some weed. lol.  It also implies that Mike White won if they are seriously thinking of  going to a revote or just giving the person in second place the win.  Yikes.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, LanceM said:

I think it means that Mike White smuggled in some weed. lol.  It also implies that Mike White won if they are seriously thinking of  going to a revote or just giving the person in second place the win.  Yikes.

Well that would certainly explain why he looked half asleep all season.  This could also explain why whoever in production knew didn't tell ;)  And Nick's a lawyer so...maybe we got our rat?

Still, could all this drama really be for that?  Would they really revoke his win for something that likely didn't even affect the game?  I was trying to think what exactly someone could be using in the fire making final 4 that wouldn't be noticeable-they already get flint, and surely someone would notice a person lighting a match.  So I was stumped, unless it was some kind of steroid they'd been sitting on to help in the challenges.  

I think it's depressing to think Mike actually wins.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LanceM said:

What a crummy ending to such a great season!  I probably won't watch if someone other than Nick or Davie wins.  It would be too upsetting.

Just saw this.  Ugh.  No bueno.   

• Love 2

Yeah, if this is all true, it's going to tank this season.  I mean, all the crap previous Survivors got away with during other seasons, and now suddenly they care?  It definitely sounds like whoever won may be in trouble.  

Or is it that they didn't get the winner they wanted (sorry, I don't put anything past this show)...and I really hope they don't do a live re-vote.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

OK, how is contraband found in the final 3 or 4 and just being investigated? By that point in time there should be a camera crew on each person. And why the hell would someone just get around to saying something? I would guess final 3 and someone thinks they are going to lose so they ratted out whomever in order to possibly change the outcome. 

If it is Mike for smoking weed, well, that should have been picked up on by someone pretty early on. You have to go out, roll a joint, and smoke it. Which also includes making a fire. A bong would be more obvious. And I have no idea how he would get edibles. 

If this is true, and I am highly skeptical, I suspect Angelina ratted it out late because she realized she wasn’t likely to win and is annoyed with her edit. 

ETA: I would hope that Nick, as an Public Defender, would inform TPTB of an infractions as they were happening and not wait until the show was airing. 

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 2

I feel fairly certain none of this will amount to anything but a part of me really hopes it does because it is straight-up hilarious lol. Although I do really hate the idea of Mike winning. So gross.

13 hours ago, LanceM said:

The speculation is that this is probably Nick proposing to his girlfriend but could be Christian as well. 

I truly hope this is not a thing though. I do not want to see this at all.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, LanceM said:

Given what we've learned about Emily's shyness and Christian's understanding of it, I'd like to think that there is no way he would subject her to that.

• Love 7

Is this about contraband/breaking a rule or cheating?  They are different.  

How is weed cheating?  I mean yea I guess its bringing something you maybe weren't supposed to but it doesn't really give you an advantage.  So again, how is that cheating?

A bible could be considered contraband if it wasn't an authorized comfort item.  

Given that xyz contraband might be a technical rule break but not an advantage in the game I could certainly see why producers didn't say anything - who cares that much?  

Higher ups have to respond when someone threatens to go to the press?    Seems like TPTB, if the contraband was no big deal, could just PR spin that fine and it would die down.  

And with everyone signing NDA's etc.  TPTB have a lot of leverage.  The whole Jane and Sash thing was kept covered.  

How do you cheat at ae fire challenge?  I can't even think of a way.  

T H C - The head cheat?  The head Champion?  The head crook?  The head cop?  The head cahuna?  IDK but marijuana doesn't sound right. 

Also given Mike's celeb Hollywood status I just don't think they would let him be seen in a serious cheating scandal.  
Sadly this makes me wonder about Nick and whether thats how Angelina wins?  If any of this is true. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 3

Yeah, Rob proposed to Amber after she won All Stars. There was a good amount of chuckling and teasing that it was the only way he would get the million. I suppose it is too much to hope for that it is dropped because it is no longer a secret.

Edited by ProfCrash
7 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Jane and Sash? That is not wringing any bells for me.

Nicaragua.  Jane claimed, I think while holding up her vote, that Sash said he would pay the mortgage on her house if she....helped with jury votes somehow.  

Apparently those were the days when you could get out in the water  and cameramen couldn't hear you.  

I remember this because I really could not stand Jane and thought she was lying.  Everyone else seems to think Sash was scummy but I don't remember that.   I know Sash never said a word and neither did Jane really.  Someone put the fear into them. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, LanceM said:

Part of the live reunion show has inserted a brief stint that just says “the proposal”... I’m assuming this means someone gets engaged. Considering there weren’t any showmances, who do we think proposes?"

Ugh.  I hate reality show proposals.  "After all the time we have spent together in this artificial environment, I just knew that blah blah blah....."  The Amazing Race ones particularly grate.  As for tonight, I would understand more if it was two contestants who got engaged (like Kara and Alec for example).  But if it's just Nick or Christian proposing to his girlfriend... why?  Why do it on a Survivor reunion show when the girlfriend wasn't a contestant on the show?  So millions of people can see it and you can have a story to tell your grandchildren?

I would think it's either Nick (perhaps he is the winner and says something about making adding the cherry on top) or Christian (because they LOOOOVVVVEEE Christian and will do anything to get him more airtime).

10 hours ago, LanceM said:

Ok. So the spoiler Outwitted posted this on reddit:

"two words: MIKE WHITE. Three letters: T H C"

Yeah, so the THC makes me think it is indeed him getting busted for marijuana.  Which wouldn't surprise me at all.  He looked stoned most of his time on air.  As far as an advantage?  Maybe he does it just before the final immunity challenge, one that is something like that "drop the ball into the wire marble maze and catch at the end, keep adding balls and having to manage and time them all" challenge.  I think maybe the weed would make him more relaxed?

If he's been doing weed the whole entire time, why haven't any crew seen or smelled it?

• Love 1

I think Bi, Christian, Davie, Gabby, Jessica, Lyrsa, Mike, Alec, Dan, Jeremy and Natalia are all single.  No reason the proposal has to be between castmates or someone from post merge.  Any one of these could have someone from their life propose.  

If there is a cheating scandal, I wonder if this proposal thing was cooked up as a way to distract.  

No one even knows if Mike does weed.  But there is no reason to assume that he smuggled in weed vs. edibles or tincture or something.  No need to smoke. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 3

I recall years ago talk about contestants smuggling in things like flint, etc.  I'm guessing Survivor learned a long time ago to check personal belongings before they boarded the boats.  There are bodily nooks and crannies things can get into, though, I suppose (kind of awful to think about but it happens).

Timing of the reporting is awfully suspicious.  Why now before the live show and not on the island while filming. 

Seems like waiting this long could only result in a he-said/she-said situation.   Without proof, it'd just be "talk".

I just hope THC doesn't allude to a Mike win.  I just don't see how that would happen based on votes unless Mike does successfully spin a really great narrative.

• Love 1

Contestants are searched pretty thoroughly before they go out to play after Richard smuggled matches out for All Stars. I suspect that their loved ones are similarly searched. I can't believe that Mike, or anyone out there, smuggled anything out. I am hoping this is a red herring.

Jextella: Richard Hatch smuggled in matches in his butt. They search for that now

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 1

There was a last-hour disqualification in America's Next Top Model (don't judge) once.  Between filming and broadcast, they found out that the woman who won had worked as an escort or a stripper or something, which I guess was forbidden.  They re-filmed the final judging with the win going to the previous #2.  It was done really poorly (big surprise) and looked really artificial and sloppy and of course the story leaked.

Obviously, since the jury decides the winner on Survivor, it's different. But it seems to me if there is a scandal that affects who wins (or is eligible to win), it would seem to be something the producers discovered after filming?  Has anyone been arrested for instance?

Edited by Special K

It really just depends on what he is taking THC for.  It could be an advantage for some people,  my mom takes it for insomnia.  It's just a little pill.  Being more rested would be an advantage. if he's not supposed to have it it's cheating.  

If it is Mike it's really disappointing, he's a big fan of the show.  He's talked about playing for a long time.  

if he is in the final three this could also open the show up to potential lawsuits.  If he's taking someone else's alleged spot.  What a mess. 

• Love 2

If there is an issue the other contestants will get a bump up in their winnings. I believe when Lex was eliminated based on an answer the was correct but not the one they were looking for he was given the second place money. If Mike is removed from the game, they will have a plan in place. But I really hope that it is a red herring.

There was conversation that a second person was barred from the reunion.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Got this on Twitter tonight.  Too cryptic for me:

REALvegas4sure #cbbus2‏ @REALvegasbackup

More

SURVIVOR : Major drama and discovering a *possible* CHEATER. A castaway is being investigated for having snuck in contraband found during F3/4 pack up BUT reported very recently. Facing DQ. Possible LIVE revote @ finale or 2nd place to win. EXECS SCRAMBLING.

OMG! I don't think anyone here has any doubt just who I hope will get nailed for this.  I have made my feelings clearly known for a long time now. But ......

I need to be real careful here because only a real fool and jackass accuses someone of something without any proof - especially if it's a serious kind of crime.  But when I think back to all the times he has appeared so calm and cool and collected while all the other contestants seem to be living on the edge of their sanity, it sure would explain an awful lot if it turns out that he's been cheating somehow or using some kinds of extra "enhancements" to help him make it through the day.

Oh Gosh!  I am really stuck here cuz so much of what I want to say refers to some of the biggest scoundrels around such like "THE BIG CHUMP" and it would just be too terribly wrong for me to accuse him of serious wrongdoing only to learn I was mistaken.  Besides, THE BIG CHUMP  just has has far too much support to make it possible for me to get away with accusing him of most anything without solid proof.  It's all just so frustrating and maddening.  I really want to use a whole bunch of curse words here.  But that really won't do any good.  How do you folks manage to stand living in a land where you must abide with your choice for a leader for four long years - no matter just how terrible that choice may be?   If I lived in your country, I would be climbing the walls and doing so much worse than that.

Edited by MisterBluxom