Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, renatae said:

Congrats to Christy for her weight loss! Looks like the Christy/Todd breakup stuff will soon be a non issue. I certainly hope so.

It's really too bad Terra waited so long to get the surgery for Penny. She's lost some progress and that may not have happened if Terra had bucked up and done what I'm sure the doctors were urging her to do sooner.

I feel badly about what she is going through with Penny, but one would think it would give her some perspective so she could stop being so petty about that idiotic BGM wine nonsense. The slighted friend wants to let the past be the past, but no, Terra wants to be pissy with everyone. Wish there was a way to dump her butt. Both she and Mika can be gone.

The preview shows there are many horrors to come.

Terra is the producer of the show so she's not going anywhere.

• Love 2

poor Penny.  Terra probably bawling because she thinks her surgeries interfere with her working. Not surprised Elena's forty-ish idea came crashing down, maybe she should just get a real job. Christy looks great and glad to see she got some confidence with her weight loss. Jazmine needs Cynthia Bailey's wig maker.  I can watch this, but cant do Atlanta anymore.  

• Love 2
(edited)

First off, a lot less drama than expected.  Random thoughtiness...

What can go wrong at a spa?  Um, that's like asking "what can go wrong while shopping" or "what can go wrong at a child's birthday party".  These women have no class and will start crap anytime, anywhere.

Terra needs to let Joe be in charge when she's going out.  My gosh, she is a nag.  Why would you purposefully procreate with someone (and then stay with them) if you can't trust them to take care of the children for one friggin afternoon?  He's the freaking dad, he's not a babysitter.  Terra needs to let go a little bit.  I understand being scared to leave a sick child but she's no good to anyone when she's so wound up in knots.  For Cripps sake, trust the man you claim to love and trust.  He can call 911 as well as you.

Speaking of which, my prayers are with Penny.  Poor girl has had a lot to deal with.  I hope they figure the stint issue soon. 

However, Terra needs to figure some things out, fast.  With all due respect and kindness, she needs to learn to be the mom of a special needs kid.  Not just a little person kid, a special needs kid.  It's tough dealing with changes in your child and tough not seeing  changes in your child.  It's hard to have them under anesthesia and waiting hours for procedures.  It's hard to have certain expectations from this procedures and be disappointed.  This is her life now.  Penny is not a "normal" kid.  She could possibly be in and out of the hospital (and surgery) for the rest of her childhood.  And Penny may or may not ever understand what's happening to her.  Where Joe's surgeries could be explained to him when he was a kid, Penny may or may not ever understand, and that makes it even harder.  My point?  Both Terra and Joe need to attack Penny's health from a different angle (mentally, emotionally, psychologically) because they are both going to be so emotionally spent soon, they are going to explode.  I hope that came across right, no snark or sassiness intended at all.

Now, back to Snarky McAttitude...

Mika, what is it about a relaxing spa day for your friend that screams I need to confront people.  No.  It's not the time or place.  At least she waited til Terra left.  Still, she can't handle someone really not liking her?  I will say that I think p***a may be a bit harsh.  I've been told that word is the equivalent of c**t, and I do hate that word.  I don't think Mika's that bad, but she definitely is an asshole and not someone I want to hang with.

I always laugh when Jasmine brings out the bitch.  It's such and act, and a bad one at that.  Speaking of Jasmine, I agree with above posters that she's spending like mad thinking the money won't run out.  However, I think Chris is making good money now.  Problem is, he has a wacky schedule and is not home...which we'll get to see them fighting about soon.(according to teasers).  Don't be too harsh on him, Jasmine, he's making money to build your dream house.  I do see the house building as either A) storyline to keep her somewhat relevant this season, or B) an intro to a stand alone series for Jasmine to build her house, like Terra's reno last season.  Either way, I'm not watching a house building show.

Elena couldn't get a loan?  Awwww.  That's a damn shame.  I now have at least a little confidence in the decision making of banks.  Someone there has their shit together.   And I agree with the above poster that said Preston breathed a huge sigh of relief.  At least HE didn't have to say no.

Good on Christy.  Looking good and getting her marriage back on track.  Thank God.  Christy and Todd's storyline last season was ridiculous and boring.

Tanya is upset Terra didn't call her about Penny?  Why would she?  You guys are on the outs because of YOUR attitude with the wine businesses.  Terra did try last year to make nice with Tanya but Tanya was not having any of it.  With all due respect, reap what you sow, Tanya.  You're at least half to blame for this rift in Terra and your relationship, maybe more now.  

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

What can go wrong at a spa?  Um, that's like asking "what can go wrong while shopping" or "what can go wrong at a child's birthday party".  These women have no class and will start crap anytime, anywhere.

Terra needs to let Joe be in charge when she's going out.  My gosh, she is a nag.  Why would you purposefully procreate with someone (and then stay with them) if you can't trust them to take care of the children for one friggin afternoon?  He's the freaking dad, he's not a babysitter.  Terra needs to let go a little bit.  I understand being scared to leave a sick child but she's no good to anyone when she's so wound up in knots.  For Cripps sake, trust the man you claim to love and trust.  He can call 911 as well as you.

Speaking of which, my prayers are with Penny.  Poor girl has had a lot to deal with.  I hope they figure the stint issue soon. 

However, Terra needs to figure some things out, fast.  With all due respect and kindness, she needs to learn to be the mom of a special needs kid.  Not just a little person kid, a special needs kid.  It's tough dealing with changes in your child and tough not seeing  changes in your child.  It's hard to have them under anesthesia and waiting hours for procedures.  It's hard to have certain expectations from this procedures and be disappointed.  This is her life now.  Penny is not a "normal" kid.  She could possibly be in and out of the hospital (and surgery) for the rest of her childhood.  And Penny may or may not ever understand what's happening to her.  Where Joe's surgeries could be explained to him when he was a kid, Penny may or may not ever understand, and that makes it even harder.  My point?  Both Terra and Joe need to attack Penny's health from a different angle (mentally, emotionally, psychologically) because they are both going to be so emotionally spent soon, they are going to explode.  I hope that came across right, no snark or sassiness intended at all.

Mika, what is it about a relaxing spa day for your friend that screams I need to confront people.  No.  It's not the time or place.  At least she waited til Terra left.  Still, she can't handle someone really not liking her?  I will say that I think p***a may be a bit harsh.  I've been told that word is the equivalent of c**t, and I do hate that word.  I don't think Mika's that bad, but she definitely is an asshole and not someone I want to hang with.

I always laugh when Jasmine brings out the bitch.  It's such and act, and a bad one at that.  Speaking of Jasmine, I agree with above posters that she's spending like mad thinking the money won't run out.  However, I think Chris is making good money now.  Problem is, he has a wacky schedule and is not home...which we'll get to see them fighting about soon.(according to teasers).  Don't be too harsh on him, Jasmine, he's making money to build your dream house.  I do see the house building as either A) storyline to keep her somewhat relevant this season, or B) an intro to a stand alone series for Jasmine to build her house, like Terra's reno last season.  Either way, I'm not watching a house building show.

Elena couldn't get a loan?  Awwww.  That's a damn shame.  I now have at least a little confidence in the decision making of banks.  Someone there has their shit together.   And I agree with the above poster that said Preston breathed a huge sigh of relief.  At least HE didn't have to say no.

Good on Christy.  Looking good and getting her marriage back on track.  Thank God.  Christy and Todd's storyline last season was ridiculous and boring.

Tanya is upset Terra didn't call her about Penny?  Why would she?  You guys are on the outs because of YOUR attitude with the wine businesses.  Terra did try last year to make nice with Tanya but Tanya was not having any of it.  With all due respect, reap what you sow, Tanya.  You're at least half to blame for this rift in Terra and your relationship, maybe more now.  

Just now, Destiny74 said:
2 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

Read more  

Sorry for the double post.  I was trying to edit.  Durrrrrrrr.

• LOL 1
On 4/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, retiredviewer said:

Terra is the producer of the show so she's not going anywhere.

Believe me, I'm unfortunately well aware of that. Still wish there was a way to dump her butt.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

I agree that Terra and Joe need to shift their focus and learn how to be parents of a special needs child. I dislike Terra intensely, but beyond that, I think she needs to stop her aggressive need to front everything under the sun and take some time to be a mom. I know whereof I speak. It's as you've said, Destiny, and she needs to get a grip.

Regarding Terra and Tonya's issue, I feel Terra was completely insensitive and deaf to Tonya's feelings. Why be so invested in a ridiculous name for a wine? JMO. This petty stuff makes me crazy and I find it boring. Terra has plenty to worry about without making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

He’s the drummer in a Nirvana tribute band. How busy can he be?

Lol.  I guess he could be super busy.  But if Terra is raking in the dough, he needs to step up and help.  If all he does is cry at Penny's limitations, he's useless.  I thought Joe had a bunch of surgeries as a child and could be more realistic.  Or maybe I'm biased because I just don't like him.

• Love 2

Does the shunt affect development?  Zach on LPBW who had one used to be super shy and socially awkward, but didn’t seem developmentally delayed.  Penny seems much more infantile than Grayson/D’artagnan, almost to the point of what used to be called retardation.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Spike said:

Did anyone else cringe when the jet ski people had to to drag behemoth Todd onto the pier like a sack of potatoes?

That was sad. Walking down those stairs, too. I give him props for trying to do something for Christy that she would like. Todd was doing well with his weight loss but looks like he is gaining again.

• Love 4
On 4/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, Spike said:

Does the shunt affect development?  Zach on LPBW who had one used to be super shy and socially awkward, but didn’t seem developmentally delayed.  Penny seems much more infantile than Grayson/D’artagnan, almost to the point of what used to be called retardation.

I am certainly no doctor but I think Penny's developmental delay has little to nothing to do with her little person status.  Her delay really reminds me of a child I know well who is physically average but has global developmental delay. 

The hydrocephalus?  I don't know if that is more common in LP, but I know average size babies also have that problem and need shunts.

• Love 1

They have to stop trying to make Christy's daughter happen. Her friends were kind of creepy.

All the women harping on Tonya. Leave her alone. If she wants to be a fool with Jaa, let her. 

Little Jasmine usually looks so on point but so far this season she looks a mess. Her wigs look like doll hair sewn in to her scalp and her makeup is not working. 

• Love 4

Tonya knows exactly what kind of relationship she has with Ja.  She just doesn't want to discuss that she is the "other woman".  The other ladies need to back off.  They do not need to protect her from the big, bad, man who is stringing her along.  He's not.  Tonya knows.  She knows it all.  She's just getting what she needs.  And when she decides she needs more from Jan and he won't give it to her, she'll be right back to where she was a year ago.

If Autumn wants to be treated like an adult, she needs to start acting like one.  Does she have a job?  Going to school?  Her and Christy were doing real estate last season but are they still doing that?  

Then again, Christy needs to stop treating Autumn like a child.  If she started treating her like an adult, maybe Autumn would start acting like an adult?  I hope that 19 year old went out and had her own party with her friends.  I mean, I know she knows the LPLA ladies but I can't imagine that party was as fun for her as a night out dancing would be with her friends.  Ahhh, the temptation of being paid to be on TV!

Terra with the high pitched whine/cry (twice tonight).  It is too much.  Doesn't work to portray any emotion, especially when there are no tears to accompany said screech.

I was very glad to hear that Penny's shunt was working.  Very glad.

• Love 4

This episode was very boring.  As much as I don’t like the staged physical fights, without them there is not much content.  Tonya and Jah  — don’t care.  With her personality, good luck keeping any man around long term.  And the manufactured Terra visit with the phony medium?  Bottom of the barrel filler.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but Mika was actually likeable. I'm disappointed in Jasmine since she's my favorite. Not surprised at Elena's stank attitude. Always been a bitch, always will be a bitch. 

Some of the conflict seems producer driven.  Jasmine seems well adjusted sometimes and is the voice of reason, then blows minor things out of proportion other times.   I don’t remember hearing before that Jasmine was on American Idol.  I stopped watching after Simon left.

• Love 2

I am so over Elena.   Go to Placerville and spend the days doing what you could have done in Los Angeles.  Rude remarks over every activity. 

I get it - you had to go for the show.  If you're pissed because you have to leave your husband and family to make these required trips, may I suggest you trot your snotty little ass off the show and then you can spend ALL your time with your husband and kids - with the reduction in income.  Considering your failed business ventures, you need the income, so suck it up buttercup.

And I thought I'd never like Christie again, but I give her full props for her weight loss, her apparently new outlook on life, and the fact that she called Elena out on her bitchy behavior.  I rather liked Elena's "when did you two become best friends!?" when Terra and Christie essentially told her to stuff a sock in it and just go the fuck home if she didn't like the trip to Placerville.  

I get that the girls for the most part think Mika is a pain in the ass (and she is), but in this case she was a pain in the ass trying to make amends.  I live close enough to go to Placerville from time to time.  It's effing FUN.  

• Love 10

I am not into Mika either but I did see another side of her.   I have always liked Jasmine but when she was whining with Elena it was uncalled for.    Jasmine supposedly called Mika a nasty name, and Mika turned around and set up that meet and greet for her at the bar.  That was super dope.

• Love 5
On 4/8/2019 at 1:26 PM, Spike said:

Did anyone else cringe when the jet ski people had to to drag behemoth Todd onto the pier like a sack of potatoes?

It always seems like Todd is close to death in this "fun" activities.  Feel bad for the guy

• Love 2

Yeah, Brianna doesn't want to hear "We told you so...". I don't know if they would (hopefully not) but I think Brianna is fairly embarrassed and humiliated being tricked by this asshat, who no one else was fooled by.  She doesn't want to hear it.

• Love 5

Just got around to this.  I seem to have to steel myself up before being able to watch now days.

When Elena says that her family and kids are her whole life, she should put a little emotion in it and maybe then I would believe it.

God forbid someone live in a small town.  God forbid someone LIKE living in a small town.  God forbid someone not want to live in the overcrowded cesspool of LA.

Believe what you will but I don't believe on ghosts.  Never experienced any "ghostly" happenings.  Sorry.  These women are looking for issues.  Elena is the only one with any sense.  Did I just say that?!?!?!?  Then she says she didn't get much sleep cause of Jasmine and didnt want to shoot but wanted to chill.  Um, ok.  But she's chilling, with Jasmine?  Wouldn't you want to get away from her for a while?  She just wanted to do what she wanted to do.  Good ole' selfish Elena.

Do the activities or don't but don't be a pain in the ass, whiny ass bit&$.  Jasmine and Elena just can't help themselves.  They are miserable people.  Mika has done nothing but set up activities to show her "friends" her hometown.  Am I going crazy? Because now I am defending Mika.  😜. Yeah, Elena is a selfish nitwit.  They need be fair and give her the same leper treatment that Christy got two seasons ago.  She needs to become the pariah that no one wants to be around.  She's been too salty for too long (this isn't the first time she's acted childish because she didn't get her way).  Makes me feel bad for Preston, he's stuck with her.  And poor guy's trying to keep from having more kids with her, I wonder how long he'll be able to hold out for?

Who knew you could make earrings out of old CD's?  Still better than the horrible red eyeshadow from last year.  Thank you, production, for eliminating that.  Everyone looked like they had pink eye.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 4/23/2019 at 11:32 AM, Destiny74 said:

Yeah, Brianna doesn't want to hear "We told you so...". I don't know if they would (hopefully not) but I think Brianna is fairly embarrassed and humiliated being tricked by this asshat, who no one else was fooled by.  She doesn't want to hear it.

not to mention Terra and to a lesser extent Tonya took glee in telling the world Brianna stunk on multiple occasions, she was a no talent mess, etc. I think Terra realized how much the Matt and Brianna shit show made up their series.  That mess drug on for 3,4,5 seasons.  Now we have Mika peeing in drinks. I hope Brianna tells Terra to fo F herself.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3

This last episode: what a bunch of scripted storylines. 

Jasmine is getting on my nerves this season. All the talk about getting her ass out there to sing, and then she doesn't do it. We all know she isn't afraid. She auditioned on American Idol so cut the crap, Jasmine. She wasted 20 minutes of all of the viewers time. 

What is going on with Elena? I think she is 100% acting. What is she so depressed about? Preston doesn't want another kid right now. She has twins, can she even handle them? She better hang on to him and stop all of her pouting, he seems like a great guy. Oh, and Elena, please wash your greasy hair. She looks a mess and has gained a lot of weight (I don't think it's still baby weight) and her face is bloated. She was the most beautiful one of all of them and now is a disaster. Actually, all of them are looking a bit rough this season.  

Christy does not have a hoarding problem. We have seen the camera inside of her home many times and it's perfectly clean. I have seen much worse garages, too. That was all a set up. 

Tonya has nothing going on. She got her boobs done and her vagina tightened, now the belly button piercing. She wants so badly to be the sexy 50 something. Not working at all. Getting her belly button pierced is not the least bit interesting. 

Terra is there to stir shit and start fights. She was trying real hard to start something between Elena and Mika but it didn't work, even thought Elena was a sourpuss on the trip I guess Mika let it blow over. 

I can't imagine how or why this show would be renewed for another season. 

Edited by bichonblitz
spelling
  • Love 6
On 5/25/2017 at 11:52 AM, Alapaki said:

It seems to me that Penny is obviously developmentally delayed.  

I didn't comment on it at the time, but there was a scene earlier in the season that I found extremely disturbing.

Terra and Joe were at home, and Penny was "army crawling" and it was very apparent that she couldn't use her legs to do anything else.  At her age, that's a delay.

Then, they mentioned that Penny couldn't even "cruise" along furniture because her knee joints kept sliding out of place.  And they were personally debating whether to get her knee braces.

Now, I realize that a lot of the conversations that we see are artificial re-enactments (that would be clumsy "exposition" in a book).  But I really hope that they're consulting a medical specialist about that issue and not just deciding for themselves.  If a problem with her knee joints is preventing her from standing and weight-bearing, she's never going to develop the muscle strength and agility to walk.  Her leg muscles must be atrophying and the nerves are not learning what they need to know to send the signals to walk.

That's the thing.  You don't need a "release" to write an autobiography, unless you're planning on committing defamation.  Otherwise, no one would ever write an autobiography. 

I’m just catching up on this season, and Episode 1 reminded me of this’s comment I made nearly 2 years ago.

Terra need to stop fame-whoring and focus on her daughter.

• Love 4

So that Bocce ball event was some big successful deal? Huh? 

I don't like Elena but if she feels uncomfortable being an LP or wishes she was average height, why is Terra getting so bent out of shape about it. Elena is entitled to her own feelings. It must be very difficult to be a little person in this world and if it weren't for this show what would all of these famewhores be doing right now? 

• Love 7
On 4/27/2019 at 6:54 PM, Alapaki said:

Terra need to stop fame-whoring and focus on her daughter.

I am with you on that, I think she wants it all.  Fame and a family but is out of balance. 

• Love 2

Terra is such a self-centered bitch.  No one can have an opinion unless it's hers.  I really wish she wasn't EP.  There is such a conflict of interest there.

Terra has been jealous of Elena since jump, when Joe was more into Elena than his own girlfriend (Terra) in season one.  So what if Elena, who is 4'6", which is three inches shorter than mainstream people like Snooki and Deena from Jersey Shore, expresses a desire to be "tall"?  I can't think of another instance in life where a desire to be "tall" gets met with so much outrage.  The woman was chained to a bed for years of her life for being short...is it surprising that she wishes she were tall...?

Elena is, as she said, much taller than other little people, and more proportionate. She said it is hard for her to fit into little people events because of this.  Terra has a problem because it doesn't fall lockstep into Terra's world view.  It's like Terra is mad that Elena isn't achon like her or something.  Terra takes every little thing so personally.

I find it especially abhorrent for Terra to take this attitude when Elena cited "health" as one of the reasons she doesn't want her son to have dwarfism.  Since when is it bad to care about the health of your child?  

Terra has not met someone she doesn't want to fight with, and, in addition, I think she has no real compass or center.  If she is not advancing herself, or her image, she doesn't feel like she's alive.

I don't really love these women, but I like them all except Terra.  I wish she would work on herself before casting judgment.  Maybe work on your speech impediment that causes you to pronounce 's' like "sh." She doesn't say "first," she says "firsht."  Also, while you're at it, maybe work on that wobbly cry-voice that you display every single episode.  

The only time I ever even borderline liked Terra was when she was so distracted with Dancing With The Stars that she didn't have time to be everyone elses' keeper.  I get the distinct impression Terra wouldn't have given a shit if Elena wanted to be tall during DWTS, because Terra actually had something to do other than judge people.  

• Love 7
On 5/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Terra is such a self-centered bitch.  No one can have an opinion unless it's hers.  I really wish she wasn't EP.  There is such a conflict of interest there.

Terra has been jealous of Elena since jump, when Joe was more into Elena than his own girlfriend (Terra) in season one.  So what if Elena, who is 4'6", which is three inches shorter than mainstream people like Snooki and Deena from Jersey Shore, expresses a desire to be "tall"?  I can't think of another instance in life where a desire to be "tall" gets met with so much outrage.  The woman was chained to a bed for years of her life for being short...is it surprising that she wishes she were tall...?

Elena is, as she said, much taller than other little people, and more proportionate. She said it is hard for her to fit into little people events because of this.  Terra has a problem because it doesn't fall lockstep into Terra's world view.  It's like Terra is mad that Elena isn't achon like her or something.  Terra takes every little thing so personally.

I find it especially abhorrent for Terra to take this attitude when Elena cited "health" as one of the reasons she doesn't want her son to have dwarfism.  Since when is it bad to care about the health of your child?  

Terra has not met someone she doesn't want to fight with, and, in addition, I think she has no real compass or center.  If she is not advancing herself, or her image, she doesn't feel like she's alive.

I don't really love these women, but I like them all except Terra.  I wish she would work on herself before casting judgment.  Maybe work on your speech impediment that causes you to pronounce 's' like "sh." She doesn't say "first," she says "firsht."  Also, while you're at it, maybe work on that wobbly cry-voice that you display every single episode.  

The only time I ever even borderline liked Terra was when she was so distracted with Dancing With The Stars that she didn't have time to be everyone elses' keeper.  I get the distinct impression Terra wouldn't have given a shit if Elena wanted to be tall during DWTS, because Terra actually had something to do other than judge people.  

Joe dated that troll Lila, so obviously he’s not too picky.  Terra should remember that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Someone is experimenting with highlighter on her cheeks.  I thought the whole point of that is to blend, blend, blend?  Looks totally natural, Terra.  I guess last season was that horrible "pink eye" eye shadow and this year it is terrible, harsh blush.

Elena is not a big fan of little people getting together? She does know what show she is on, right?  I guess this is Elena's story this season, how she is uncomfortable with her height and she going to try and "act" the hell out of it.  She's being deliberately dense and stupid about things, what's the difference between average and little people?  Huh?!?!  She's almost as bad an actress as the Tiny Twins on Atlanta.  

This storyline is to give Elena a reason to be on this season (since the beauty bar was a no go) and to give Terra a way to rehab herself from the last few...years.  Although, yelling at someone who doesn't think the way you do because they have a totally different history is not a good look.  It's the same old Terra without throwing drinks.  Oh, and she was soooooooooo judging Elena.  

Look.  I am an average height woman.  I had issues at the with my own two kids making messes and being overall jerky at times as a stay at home Mom.  I sent their asses to their rooms.  I took away toys.  Those two boys rule Jasmine if she feels the only way to get them to behave is to call Chris.  She looks rundown.  I'm not here to give parenting advice but she needs to buck up and get tough, at least for a little while, until those boys stop taking advantage of their mom.  Little or not, kids will manipulate their parents if given the chance. 

Jasmine needed to tell Terra that she's was getting a chance to see her hubby so she wouldn't be at bocce.  If Terra didn't understand that, she's a turd.  If Jasmine and Chris really don't see each other often, they need to take advantage when they can.

Oh, and I have no idea how far Jasmine is into her healing from her boob job but she needs to stop using that surgery as an excuse to not do things. I dunno.  Seems like awful timing if convalescence is that tricky.  Maybe she should have waited until her new home was built, her kids a little older and more self reliant, or her hubby on a new schedule and could be there a bit more?  I dunno.  

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 4

These ladies are spending every bit of their money while they can, I wonder how many of them are stashing it away for the kids, upcoming surgeries,  education and so forth.   College is not going to be any cheaper when those little ones grow up.

Who pays for all these luxurious trips they keep taking??

• Love 2

I understand Elena had a terrible childhood but she is so dour and over everything, she doesn’t belong on the show. I’m not a little person but I think the idea of Elena hating herself for who she is will not set well with people who struggle with acceptance everyday.

I also agree with Terra that writing a children’s book about twins and making them average size will someday make her little person son feel like he is not enough. Then again, the children ‘s book is project 1,000 for Elena who remains bored with life. She is beautiful and has a loving husband and beautiful children. But she never gets as much attention as she wants.Terra at least owns who she is.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I understand Elena had a terrible childhood but she is so dour and over everything, she doesn’t belong on the show. I’m not a little person but I think the idea of Elena hating herself for who she is will not set well with people who struggle with acceptance everyday.

I also agree with Terra that writing a children’s book about twins and making them average size will someday make her little person son feel like he is not enough. Then again, the children ‘s book is project 1,000 for Elena who remains bored with life. She is beautiful and has a loving husband and beautiful children. But she never gets as much attention as she wants.Terra at least owns who she is.

I agree that Elena's sourpuss attitude sucks but if she really thinks the way she talks nothing but professional help is going to help her get over it.  Terra constantly telling her that her feelings are not valid is not helping her one bit.

Congrats to Terra for being good with who she is.  Honestly.  But was her wine venture for little people?  I don't think that whatever they do has to include them being little.  If Elena wants to write a children's book and not include a LP character, so be it.  I mean, many authors do not write their books about who they are.  Madonna wrote children's books about English kids, not kids that grew up in Detroit.  The dude who wrote the Madeline series was not an ophaned little girl.  However, I don't think Elena's project is a labor of love so I don't see it being a blockbuster either.  She's doing it for a storyline and money.

• Love 4

Elena said her book was about being accepted yet she doesn’t accept her son being a little person. And of course writers can write about anything they want-I’m a writer myself. But if I had twin boys and wrote about twin boys and told everyone my book was to get children to accept everyone, there would be a natural comparison to my own situation .

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Elena said her book was about being accepted yet she doesn’t accept her son being a little person. And of course writers can write about anything they want-I’m a writer myself. But if I had twin boys and wrote about twin boys and told everyone my book was to get children to accept everyone, there would be a natural comparison to my own situation .

But her book characters are a boy and girl sibling group, not twin boys.

• Useful 1
(edited)

That doesn’t really matter to be and I doubt the book will be published or if it is will be successful. Elena has a unique viewpoint in being a little person and the mother of a little person and if she chooses to ignore that while still writing about “acceptance “ it rings as inauthentic to me. 

Edited to add: I found out Elena’s book was published and is about equality of the sexes. Still think it would be more powerful if it was about a little person doing the same things a typical height person does.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2019 at 12:20 PM, Tatortot said:

These ladies are spending every bit of their money while they can, I wonder how many of them are stashing it away for the kids, upcoming surgeries,  education and so forth.   College is not going to be any cheaper when those little ones grow up.

Who pays for all these luxurious trips they keep taking??

Lifetime.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh, great. Another reality show with a vow renewal. How exciting. Jasmine is boring the shit out of me this season. And what is up with her husband and the crying? C'mon now people, time to grow up. You're married, have 2 kids and are building a big new house. What's to cry about? Your wife is lazy? Does Jasmine still work at the salon doing hair? Because if she is still working and taking care of a house and 2 kids alone because he is working out of town all the time and  when he comes home she is exhausted then I get it. He needs to understand that. 

I was shocked at how different Elena looked during the playback of her dancing on the pole for her hubby. Aside from the nose job and lip plumping, she was very skinny. As vain as she is I think she is very depressed over her weight gain. It can do a number on your self esteem. She is one miserable, vapid, hateful person right now. I hope she's at least happy when she's around her kids and I hope she's nice to her husband because he puts up with alot of her selfish dreams and whiney crap. 

Tonya is the worst friend to have. She couldn't wait to tell everybody about Christy's business venture after promising Christy she would keep it to herself. Nice going, Tonya. 

Edited by bichonblitz
More thoughts!
  • Love 6

Maybe if Jasmine treated her husband like a husband and not like her hired servant there to do her bidding while she lays in the bed like a slug whining about her boobs she would not have marriage problems.

I think Elena's attitude is horrible. I think it all steams from her weight gain. If it was left over weight from the pregnancy that is hard to deal with for most. But she has gained even more since the twins were born. She is so tired she can't excercise but yet wants another baby. 

Tonya needs to shut her big mouth. Maybe since her clothing line flopped she was hoping to throw a wrench in Cristy's plans. 

• Love 6

I wanted to see what everyone was talking about with regards to Elena carrying around more weight than she used to (I can't remember), and I found this season one promo shot:

2AC3A496-D21A-4609-8113-FEC2667F22AA-340-0000007AF1D911C8.jpg.2c831f3d2c98a96c327bfc31baa569c1.jpg

I think Elena looks absolutely gorgeous here, but I always think she's gorgeous.  This photo is hilarious for how poorly photoshopped it is though.  Elena's core is photoshopped, and Terra's midsection is whittled down to nothing.  If you look where her left hand is placed on her hip, her ass juts out at like a 90 degree angle.  I mean, Terra's got a big ass, but it's not that big!  

Kristi...wtf.  Whoever posed her that way should be shot.  Everyone else looks good.  I love Tanya.  She's so normal (comparatively!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2