Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Hiding Not Seeking

Jaded
  • Start Topic

As Voight and Antonio search for a bombing suspect, they meet with Chief Boden, who reluctantly agrees to let Dawson and Brett go undercover; Kidd and Zach's relationship encounters a problem; Cruz struggles to show his feelings for Brett.

The characters from Chicago PD took away valuable screen time from Dawson and for this, I am grateful!

Where was the wide shot of Cruz standing outside car crying watching Sylvie and Antonio??!!!!!!!!!!

It was odd to hear the Chief admit to not having much arson experience as Severide. 

Too bad for Zach but at least he didn't get lead along like a fool and ended it!

• Love 2

Pretty good resolution to last night's PD. 

I mostly just have a comment on the preview - Sylvie is pregnant, but then gets shot and loses the baby? 

Oh, one more comment - when did Severide become a bomb expert, or join the bomb squad? I like that he was involved, sure, but that seemed a bit above his pay grade. Or if it wasn't above him, then that guy needs to get off his back about not having any ambition because clearly he's the city expert. 

• Love 3

Overall a good episode. VERY lackluster ending for a two night buildup though. I'm not sure what I wanted exactly but its definitely more than I got. I'm so happy that Kelly and Stella are FINALLY a thing and I really hope that they're endgame. It looks like it was Stella that got shot twice but I really hope not. To finally put them together just to tear them apart would be very lame.

They need to go back to last year's order if they're going to continue to do crossovers, which they obviously are. I knew it would be weird and it was. CPD was a true CPD episode with a little more than the normal sprinkling in of CFire but CFire was literally half and half. Maybe even more CPD. Because the crossover has to end with the CPD involved it makes sense for that part to be last. I also really miss CJustice. Would have loved to see what ended up happening to this guy.

• Love 1

Good crossover, but one thing really bugged mre  Are CPD and CFD interchangeable now?  Seems like Fire was acting in the capacity as cops and that would never happen.  I know we have to stretch the bounds of reality but even so, it seemed kind out way beyond that.  But enjoyed both parts of the story.

I know Kidd and Severide were hot and heavy at one point but can't for the life of me remember how/why they ended.  Seems like Severide wants her around until he finds something better but hasn't really offered her anything but the seat on the couch next to him.  She's crazy about him and he just likes having her around.  This will not end well..................

• Love 5
(edited)

Is the Chicago PD Bomb Squad out on vacation or something?

Does the whole firehouse have to be in on the paramedics' undercover mission before it goes down?

Is it really smart to tackle down someone who's wearing an explosive vest?y 

Are Stella and Kelly gonna get sexy together anytime soon or keep on being 2 girlfriends for much longer?

Edited by minamurray78
  • Love 2
(edited)

Gabby has the worst poker face ever.

Still can't stand Stella or her ears. Shallow, I know, regarding the ears, but I really can't stand the character.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Good crossover, but one thing really bugged mre  Are CPD and CFD interchangeable now?  Seems like Fire was acting in the capacity as cops and that would never happen.  I know we have to stretch the bounds of reality but even so, it seemed kind out way beyond that.  But enjoyed both parts of the story.

I know Kidd and Severide were hot and heavy at one point but can't for the life of me remember how/why they ended.  Seems like Severide wants her around until he finds something better but hasn't really offered her anything but the seat on the couch next to him.  She's crazy about him and he just likes having her around.  This will not end well..................

Well we've seen the great Gabby play police detective before so this plot didn't come as too much of surprise for me.

That scene where the paramedics were distracting the guy while Ruzek cloned his computer's drive rang false and contrived for me. Operations like that can take a long time. More to the point, one never knows how much time they will take. How could they know how much was on his computer? And getting a copy of the drive doesn't guarantee access to emails and other protected stuff.

So her boyfriend was ready to introduce Stella to his parents and he dumps her so quickly? It's TV and they have to keep moving the plots along but I get annoyed when the writers do stuff like this. I think he would have at least confronted her about what was going on. I've stopped watching Fire regularly because it feels like there's too much fluff and not enough procedural.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Oh, one more comment - when did Severide become a bomb expert, or join the bomb squad? I like that he was involved, sure, but that seemed a bit above his pay grade. Or if it wasn't above him, then that guy needs to get off his back about not having any ambition because clearly he's the city expert. 

I guess they were suggesting that the bomb and arson squads do joint investigations thus something is picked up.

9 hours ago, minamurray78 said:

Is the Chicago PD Bomb Squad out on vacation or something?

Does the whole firehouse have to be in on the paramedics' undercover mission before it goes down?

Is it really smart to tackle down someone who's wearing an explosive vest?y 

Well if it was concluded on Chicago PD then the cops would have been there to be the ultimate heroes with a bullet to the head.

Another crossover? I thought they weren't going to do any of those this season. I will never, ever watch Chicago PD. To this day I cannot believe Voight is somehow still an active duty cop, after trying to have Casey killed and going to jail for it. It's preposterous to accept him as a viable character. Even if all of that hadn't gone down I still don't know if I could watch Jason Beghe every week. His voice is so gravelly he sounds like a straight Harvey Fierstein.

The scene with Gabby and Brett trying to distract the bomb maker was laughable. They were both so obviously shifty it's a wonder they made it out of there alive. I don't know about you, but when someone I'm talking to is constantly, blatantly looking behind me and around me and over my shoulder, I turn around to see what the hell they're looking at.

What a wasted hour.

• Love 8
(edited)

This was really okay but I think it should have ended up as a PD part. 

It was nice that Cruz and Brett talked but I admit, after what Cruz did to Sylvie as to sending Mouch instead of going to meet her, I don't know why she is still talking to him. If that was me, I would have told him off. 

I'm glad Zach broke things off but I admit I think Stella really didn't know what she wanted. 

I do agree about the scene with the bomber's friend, that was lame. Btw, I don't think cops can get around password protected computers if it was left alone for a long time. 

Having my Law & Order and Chicago Justice lawyer hat on, couldn't the evidence seized get thrown out anyways or was there a warrant made and we don't know about it? 

Why is there no episode until the 22nd? 

EDIT: 

I watched PD and I admit, I wished they had shown Mouch when the explosion happened because I would think he'd be a bit more freaked out than he was. 

Edited by Waterston Fan
On 3/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, mxc90 said:

It was odd to hear the Chief admit to not having much arson experience as Severide. 

I thought that was strange too.  He also mentioned that Severide's dad was an arson expert so I guess that makes Kelly a super expert!  I was SHOCKED that Boden didn't ask Gabby since I thought she was the BEST arson investigator on the planet!

On 3/9/2018 at 12:57 PM, iMonrey said:

Another crossover? I thought they weren't going to do any of those this season. I will never, ever watch Chicago PD. To this day I cannot believe Voight is somehow still an active duty cop, after trying to have Casey killed and going to jail for it. It's preposterous to accept him as a viable character. Even if all of that hadn't gone down I still don't know if I could watch Jason Beghe every week. His voice is so gravelly he sounds like a straight Harvey Fierstein.

The scene with Gabby and Brett trying to distract the bomb maker was laughable. They were both so obviously shifty it's a wonder they made it out of there alive. I don't know about you, but when someone I'm talking to is constantly, blatantly looking behind me and around me and over my shoulder, I turn around to see what the hell they're looking at.

What a wasted hour.

YES!!!  To all of this!!!  I didn't realize this was a crossover episode since I never watch CPD for the reason listed above.  I like Jesse Lee Soffer (Det Halstead) so it was nice to see his face for a few minutes.  

Luckily no one needed medical/fire assistance since most of 51 is out playing "Chicago Undercover".   Where was the bomb squad - at both the guy's garage and in the train station?   Casey tackling the guy wearing the bomb suit while he had his thumb on the detonator! SO STUPID!  I thought it was laughable too that the 2 female officers had no idea what 7P meant! I have always use A or P as day or night and not once as anyone ever asked me if it was a storage locker!  UGH!!!  Then they show up to the suspect's house with no backup?!  C'mon!

I don't like Stella and Severide as a couple. I really think Severide just doesn't like to be alone.  Last week, he had to hang out with Dawsey because Stella was out on a date.

Were Hermann, Mouch and Otis even in this ep?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

I thought that was strange too.  He also mentioned that Severide's dad was an arson expert so I guess that makes Kelly a super expert!  I was SHOCKED that Boden didn't ask Gabby since I thought she was the BEST arson investigator on the planet!

YES!!!  To all of this!!!  I didn't realize this was a crossover episode since I never watch CPD for the reason listed above.  I like Jesse Lee Soffer (Det Halstead) so it was nice to see his face for a few minutes.  

Luckily no one needed medical/fire assistance since most of 51 is out playing "Chicago Undercover".   Where was the bomb squad - at both the guy's garage and in the train station?   Casey tackling the guy wearing the bomb suit while he had his thumb on the detonator! SO STUPID!  I thought it was laughable too that the 2 female officers had no idea what 7P meant! I have always use A or P as day or night and not once as anyone ever asked me if it was a storage locker!  UGH!!!  Then they show up to the suspect's house with no backup?!  C'mon!

I don't like Stella and Severide as a couple. I really think Severide just doesn't like to be alone.  Last week, he had to hang out with Dawsey because Stella was out on a date.

Were Hermann, Mouch and Otis even in this ep?

Yes, they had very small scenes in this episode. It almost had that 2 hour Chicago PD feel to it. 

1 hour ago, Waterston Fan said:

Yes, they had very small scenes in this episode. It almost had that 2 hour Chicago PD feel to it. 

It was celebrating PD's 100th episode, so I guess throwing them a bone here for once can be tolerated. 

(I like PD though, so it was fine with me to focus on PD characters.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, juliet73 said:

After Gabby's triumphant "undercover" work, the chief decided to not pressure his ace with more work for the day.

Why hasn't the US Forest Service replaced Smokey the Bear with Gabby for their "forest fire prevention" campaign?

• Love 1

Because the slogan "Only I can prevent forest fires, do arson investigations, detective work, social work, rescue people, advise on structural stability, order upper management around, and bamboozle my husband on a daily basis" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Love 4
On 3/8/2018 at 11:18 PM, mxc90 said:

This is actually pretty consistent with stories throughout the seasons. Don't quote me on exactly when, but they have in fact called on Severide's arson experience several times now

On 3/11/2018 at 12:24 PM, juliet73 said:

I thought it was laughable too that the 2 female officers had no idea what 7P meant! I have always use A or P as day or night and not once as anyone ever asked me if it was a storage locker!  UGH!!!  Then they show up to the suspect's house with no backup?!  C'mon!

Not to mention, Voight has clearly articulated in the past that he does not want two female officers going to a scene alone together. If there is a woman, he prefers to send her with male backup. This was something that annoyed Lindsay back in the day.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:57 PM, iMonrey said:

The scene with Gabby and Brett trying to distract the bomb maker was laughable. They were both so obviously shifty it's a wonder they made it out of there alive.

Plus, the whole thing was ludicrous. What major city has so much time on their hands that they send emergency services out for "wellness checks"? Hello, that's what the guy's regular cardiologist is for!

On 3/9/2018 at 1:57 PM, iMonrey said:

Even if all of that hadn't gone down I still don't know if I could watch Jason Beghe every week. His voice is so gravelly he sounds like a straight Harvey Fierstein.

Well, you can't blame the actor for that...his scarred vocal chords are the result of a horrific car crash about twenty years ago. It isn't something he can control.

• Love 1

I just now got around to watching this episode, and clicked on the newest CF episode on NBC's website, not realizing it was actually part two of CPD.  I did go back and watch the CPD episode, and found the whole setup convoluted.  Too many chubby white guys with a slight beard as suspects for me too keep track of who's who, so even watching one the day after the other I had sort of forgotten which guy Gabby and Slyvie were checking up on.  And the wellness check thing seemed dumb - even if the paramedics were capable of acting I can't believe the guy would believe the CFD just sends paramedics out to do random checks.  Couldn't they have at least made up a fake call - if they wanted to have CFD in on the plot why not send the firefighters out and have them claim the neighbors reported smoke from the property or a gas leak in the area and the guy needed to come out while they checked it out.  

Severide being the arson and apparently now explosives expert doesn't bother me too much, because it's pretty standard in television that writers are going to have main characters do stuff that's would probably not be in their job description in real life rather than bring in a random guest actor to play an expert.  As for having more experience than Boden, I don't think that's too unrealistic.  Severide could've taken classes in arson investigation and recognizing explosives while Boden focused on management and how to handle an active scene.

Still don't like Voight, but at least he wasn't tampering with evidence, or torturing or murdering someone this ep.  Was a little unclear if operation undercover paramedic was something with an actual warrant and signed off on by CPD, but not the worst thing he's ever done.

Do like Severide and Stella together, still don't care for Brett and Antonio.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, athelyna said:

I just now got around to watching this episode, and clicked on the newest CF episode on NBC's website, not realizing it was actually part two of CPD.  I did go back and watch the CPD episode, and found the whole setup convoluted.  Too many chubby white guys with a slight beard as suspects for me too keep track of who's who, so even watching one the day after the other I had sort of forgotten which guy Gabby and Slyvie were checking up on.  And the wellness check thing seemed dumb - even if the paramedics were capable of acting I can't believe the guy would believe the CFD just sends paramedics out to do random checks.  Couldn't they have at least made up a fake call - if they wanted to have CFD in on the plot why not send the firefighters out and have them claim the neighbors reported smoke from the property or a gas leak in the area and the guy needed to come out while they checked it out.  

Because then we wouldn't have got Super fantastic Gabby saving the day. I'm not sure why they didn't get her to clone the laptop while she was in there, I mean surely she is an IT expert too.

It seemed like the whole story would have worked better if it was a 2 part Chicago PD rather than half the story ending up on Chicago Fire. The bomber investigation was interesting and it was hard to care abput Cruz being super posessive or Stella and Severide when the bomber who almost killed Trudy was at large.

On 11/03/2018 at 12:24 PM, juliet73 said:

I thought it was laughable too that the 2 female officers had no idea what 7P meant! I have always use A or P as day or night and not once as anyone ever asked me if it was a storage locker!  UGH!!!  Then they show up to the suspect's house with no backup?!  C'mon!

Did they say what the 7p meant? I wasn't paying 100% attention and it seemed like they only figured out the editor was the target based on the pictures.