Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Prison Cell to Wedding Bells

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Why in the hell do they blur out the logo on the cars, but leave the name?? Andrea drives a Hyundai, everybody! She should be driving an Escalade... because...

If Andrea can afford $1,000 shoes...ugly ones at that.... I’m just speechless. For a woman so concerned about shoes, she sure as hell doesn’t show that on a daily basis. And for once, she said one intelligent thing... “I’m a horrible mom!” She will be appearing on Bridezilla next. Her son is a very mature young man. I wanted to bitch-slap her judgmental friend. But who the hell keeps guests waiting for hours??? 

The wedding cake is Crip color! LMAO!! Does Lamar remind anyone besides me of Ludricis?

Johnna getting ready in the bathroom cracked me up!! HAHAHAHA!!!  It was so appropriate. Her dream wedding day!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I already knew the outcome of that one. You dodged a bullet, Garrett.

Scott, you’re an idiot. I can’t say that enough times. Why is he wearing a wedding ring? Another fake/not fake marriage??  I’m glad I’ll never have to watch Dom and Mary’s bad playacting again.

That photo session.... Angela, honey, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but.... you ain’t sexy. Of course her best friend is an ex-con! They both looked like they were rode hard and put away wet.

I wonder what James’ family thinks about his stint on this show? I hope his kids are too little to know what’s going on.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Dominic and Mary couldn’t even make eye contact with each other while saying their vows. Sadder wedding than “Teen MomOG”’s Ryan and Mackenzie’s, and that’s really saying something. 

Probably because they were aleady married. See the photos in their thread.

• Love 3

If you mean Ryan and Mackenzie, I know the one that aired earlier this week was their 2nd one. It was still sad.....

Andrea.....Oy. Those poor kids. I do kinda like Lamar.... That bs of not knowing ahead of time what the terms of his parole were, though? Bitch, please. 

• Love 6

I am now calling BS on the entire Andrea story. That was the worst acting on a reality show I have seen in a long time. The beach scene and wedding were obviously a set up for the show and everyone’s acting was so very bad. 

Andrea decides to get married and two weeks later everyone has come to LA for the wedding? They are Mormons but her daughter is wearing a bikini top at the beach? Who pays $1000 for a knockoff of $3000 shoes? They are in LA. Go downtown to the alleys and you can buy any knockoff for $20. Hell, you can find a knockoff everywhere. Also, I didn’t get why a Mormon woman would wear stripper shoes to her wedding. I refuse to believe she has $1,000 to spend on shoes when she and her daughter have such a cheap looking weaves and her poor baby doesn’t even look like her hair has been combed half the time. Well, at least they can find someone to properly do their hair in LA. 

The wedding started three hours late?  I know they tried to play it off as black people always being late, and as a black woman I have heard the stereotype a million times, but I don’t know anyone, back or white, who is waiting three hours for a wedding. Her Mormon friends are also offensive and I swear this is just being played up for the show. 

If they really moved to LA I feel bad for the kids. As someone from LA, I know that it is likely their standard of living has dropped dramatically. It is very expensive to live here and no way those two are making enough to have the nice suburban life the kids had in LA. With Andrea’s overly dramatic attitude, I don’t see their relationship lasting long anyway. 

• Love 19

I wanted to reach through my tv and throttle Andrea tonight. From not discussing the move to CA, to making people wait four hours for her to get ready for the wedding. Her son showed what a mature young man he is. Still can't get over how desperate she is. 

• Love 11

Were Andrea and Johna competing for who could be the biggest bitch-bride?  The fact no one slapped the shit out of Andrea after the day-long histrionics, the drama with the stripper shoes and the four hour wait for a wedding ceremony is a modern day miracle.  The blue gang banger cake must be a new Mormon tradition.  

Johnna’s hillbilly (almost) beach wedding was lame in comparison.  She could have told Garret she didn’t want to elope before he spent $100 bucks on the “roadside-diner-beach-wedding” replete with blue coiled wash hose in the background.  Johnna, side note: stop wearing body-con clothing  or start working out.   

Where is Andrea’s kid’s dad(s)?  They need to be rescued from her bullshit.   They are actually cute kids and seem sane despite her.  Andrea’s bridesmaid almost stole the bride’s bitch-thunder with her philosophical commentary on multi-cultural weddings. When she opined “my husband is probably never ,going to trust me to come to a black wedding again, especially considering the crowd” my daughter and I nearly flew into stroke territory. Thanks, “lady” for adding fuel to the “white people are racist” fire...seriously, WTF? Who says shit like that...much less thinks it?   

Message to Scott: If you are hellbent on giving your money away to someone who doesn’t love you and is happy to bleed your bank account with your permission...I’ll text you my number...????

Edited by supahfly
  • Love 14

Andrea held up that wedding so she could wait for that chick to get their with her shoes. The girl must have had to do something for her mom at a certain time but I bet Andrea bullied her into coming immediately after her commitment because TV. 

I like Angela, I'd hang out with her.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Being friends with a couple who were on 90-Day Fiance, I can guarantee you this entire show was faked-up from the beginning. Let’s wait now and see who tries to sue Sharp for defamation of their “character.”

Most reality shows are in part fake, because most reality is quite boring.  If you put cameras on most of us, out lives would make the public snooze.  People will act a fool if they're getting paid to do it.  A few years ago I read this article.  Who needs soap operas anymore when we have reality TV?  I mean there was more drama in this series than I've seen in most soaps.

I remember the first Bridezilla show was filmed in NYC.  The people who were on that show were told it was a show about NY Weddings but then it morphed into something else.  I think I read that the show pays for the honeymoons for the participants of that show.

Andrea and Lamar probably wanted a wedding and the show agreed to pay for it, so, they put on the drama and got their wedding.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Reality police said:

I wanted to reach through my tv and throttle Andrea tonight. From not discussing the move to CA, to making people wait four hours for her to get ready for the wedding. Her son showed what a mature young man he is. Still can't get over how desperate she is. 

Fucking loved that Mormon Mom made her wedding cake blue for her hubby because he IS, not was, a Crip...I have no words?

Edited by Christi
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Why in the hell do they blur out the logo on the cars, but leave the name??

Becauser logos and a few other things are artwork and you have to have permission from the creator to use it.

Learned that through CafePress...

Lawd, what a spectacle, all the way around.

It's total fakery?  I doubt it; can you really make all this shit up? I do believe these shows are more scripted, though, than one would like to believe of "reality" shows.

About Lamar and Andrea's wedding.  First of all, if Andrea really did keep her guests waiting three hours then shame on her.  To hear her bellowing that she is the bride and it's her day, blah blah, blah, was lame and immature.  Another parent teaching her kids the "me first and to hell with you" mentality.  (Christine, are you listening?)

I really like Lamar and can't believe I'm saying this about a 16-year incarcerated ex-gang banger, but I think he's too good for Andrea despite her self righteous claims to Mormonism.  I give the marriage just long enough for Lamar to find an apartment. The epilogue stated he is employed at an airline, so hopefully he hasn't become too dependent on Andrea's salary as a real-estate agent (if it's even true).

Another thing about the wedding:  Where was Lamar's daughter?  I tried to find her in the group photo, but could not.   

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, citychic said:

Andrea held up that wedding so she could wait for that chick to get their with her shoes. The girl must have had to do something for her mom at a certain time but I bet Andrea bullied her into coming immediately after...

Because...talking to the “designer”, planning the delivery of the shoes, having a backup plan and having the stripper shoes overnighted by mail make too much sense for Andrea the Bridezilla-Bitch.  I straight up would’ve left after the first hour.  I don’t cater to prima dona bullshit like that.  When she cried that people were trying to rush her on HER day I was like...bitch, please.   Nah-uh.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Being friends with a couple who were on 90-Day Fiance, I can guarantee you this entire show was faked-up from the beginning. Let’s wait now and see who tries to sue Sharp for defamation of their “character.”

Ooohhh...interesting. Which couple? 

Mary did not look great in that dress.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, supahfly said:

Because...talking to the “designer”, planning the delivery of the shoes, having a backup plan and having the stripper shoes overnighted by mail make too much sense for Andrea the Bridezilla-Bitch.  I straight up would’ve left after the first hour.  I don’t cater to prima dona bullshit like that.  When she cried that people were trying to rush her on HER day I was like...bitch, please.   Nah-uh.  

Agreed, no one is that important to sit and wait on with no refreshments. And those shoes were straight up ugly!  I bet she's trying to show out for Lamar and his friends by trying to be what she thinks is a bad ass crip girlfriend. Lamar doesn't want a Mormon woman and no alcohol in Utah and she knows that.

She plays Andrea Mormon on the outside but in her mind she's a whole different person, like that song waterfall by TLC.  In her mind she's waiting for her man who goes out making a living however he can and she will support him no matter what, even above the good of her own kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, supahfly said:

I'll be damned if I wait three hours for a wedding. I'd have left. Even if I was in the wedding party, I'd have left. That is ridiculous. That Bridezilla "Don't come to me with your personal problems on MY DAY" shit is not cute, and I have no interest in pretending it is. Also, why would you spend a thousand dollars on knockoff shoes? For what? If your shoe budget is a thousand dollars, there are plenty of designer shoes to be had at that price. 

With all the racist micro-aggressions that Andrea's "friend" dropped, I had the thought that Andrea's kids would probably benefit from a more diverse community, even though it sucks that she's dragging them away from their friends and activities for a dude they don't know. Like, the move itself might be good for them even if it's for a bullshit reason. (Andrea is still a selfish, shitty mother though.)

It's not a surprise that Alla is back in prison, given how quickly she relapsed. That's a shame. James needs to move on.

I'm surprised Mary and Dominic actually got married.

Johnna and Garrett are way better off apart, especially Garrett. I hope he got the ring back. I don't know who will marry Johnna; she's ... a lot.

• Love 13

The racist friend posted on Facebook that she’s not like that in real life, or something along those lines. Then went on to say she’d been paid for her filming time, and had no idea if they’d have her back on updates. 

I wish to hell they’d have a reunion show. With those that are not back in jail, that is.

• Love 3

I waffled about who was the worst, Johnna or Andrea, until Andrea decided to pack up her kids and move them away from their home, friends and activities.  Andrea wins.  She's horrible.  And that was BEFORE she lost her shit about not having some butt ugly overpriced shoes to wear to her wedding.  I kept waiting for someone to point out to her that the important thing wasn't the shoes, it should have been who she was marrying.  I'm still waiting.  And THREE HOURS LATE?  Oh hell no.  I'd be outta there, making sure to grab my present before I hit the exit.  There is NO EXCUSE for that.  I am glad to see that at least Andrea's kids don't seem to have inherited her head-up-the-ass syndrome.  She is incredibly selfish and short sighted.

My black heart of goo melted a little bit seeing Tennyson show Lamar how to tie his tie.  He (Tennyson) really does seem like a smart, well adjusted young man.  I hope all the kids are okay.  I worry about them.

While it's certainly best that Johnna and Garrett did not marry (given everything we knew even before the update at the end) she was really acting ridiculous. It wasn't like Garrett told her they were headed for an afternoon at the beach and sprung the elopement on her.  I do agree that I wouldn't want to get ready for my wedding in a restaurant bathroom; however, I was waiting for the restaurant employee to point out to her that the important thing should be Johnna marrying the right person and having friends and family there. The location, the dress, the shoes, ANDREA, are all minor details.  

These women want a wedding day; they aren't thinking about marriage as a whole.  I also think Johnna and Andrea were in love with the idea of being in love with an inmate. 

Angela really is dense.  I doubt she will ever see Tony. It wouldn't surprise me if, like Lizzie, he's got a handful of targets that he writes to, gets money from and whom he will never see.  Angela's "sexy photo shoot" was just sad.   She needs to listen to her friend.  She should know.

Scott is in for heartbreak, just like Angela. Lizzie is a player, she's full of shit and she's not nearly as attractive as she and Scott think she is.  Is he not concerned at all that she's doing heroin?   I just feel sad for him.  He seems like a decent guy who's gotten himself involved with a trashy piece of work.

No surprise that Alla has violated her parole.  James should move on.  He should probably also finalize his divorce. 

Too bad this show had so few episodes.  This was my Friday night guilty pleasure. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

The racist friend posted on Facebook that she’s not like that in real life, or something along those lines. Then went on to say she’d been paid for her filming time, and had no idea if they’d have her back on updates. 

I wish to hell they’d have a reunion show. With those that are not back in jail, that is.

I wish people would like before they speak.  Color had nothing to do with it, and I hope she understands that.

She just as easily could have been stuck at a backwoods hillbilly wedding, where they were boiling roadkill and doing meth.

Every culture has their own scary weirdos (not saying that this group was, but a Mormon hanging with stoned gang members may be a bit of a shock).

Edited by Christi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I waffled about who was the worst, Johnna or Andrea, until Andrea decided to pack up her kids and move them away from their home, friends and activities.  Andrea wins.  She's horrible.  And that was BEFORE she lost her shit about not having some butt ugly overpriced shoes to wear to her wedding.  I kept waiting for someone to point out to her that the important thing wasn't the shoes, it should have been who she was marrying.  I'm still waiting.  And THREE HOURS LATE?  Oh hell no.  I'd be outta there, making sure to grab my present before I hit the exit.  There is NO EXCUSE for that.  I am glad to see that at least Andrea's kids don't seem to have inherited her head-up-the-ass syndrome.  She is incredibly selfish and short sighted.

My black heart of goo melted a little bit seeing Tennyson show Lamar how to tie his tie.  He (Tennyson) really does seem like a smart, well adjusted young man.  I hope all the kids are okay.  I worry about them.

While it's certainly best that Johnna and Garrett did not marry (given everything we knew even before the update at the end) she was really acting ridiculous. It wasn't like Garrett told her they were headed for an afternoon at the beach and sprung the elopement on her.  I do agree that I wouldn't want to get ready for my wedding in a restaurant bathroom; however, I was waiting for the restaurant employee to point out to her that the important thing should be Johnna marrying the right person and having friends and family there. The location, the dress, the shoes, ANDREA, are all minor details.  

These women want a wedding day; they aren't thinking about marriage as a whole.  I also think Johnna and Andrea were in love with the idea of being in love with an inmate. 

Angela really is dense.  I doubt she will ever see Tony. It wouldn't surprise me if, like Lizzie, he's got a handful of targets that he writes to, gets money from and whom he will never see.  Angela's "sexy photo shoot" was just sad.   She needs to listen to her friend.  She should know.

Scott is in for heartbreak, just like Angela. Lizzie is a player, she's full of shit and she's not nearly as attractive as she and Scott think she is.  Is he not concerned at all that she's doing heroin?   I just feel sad for him.  He seems like a decent guy who's gotten himself involved with a trashy piece of work.

No surprise that Alla has violated her parole.  James should move on.  He should probably also finalize his divorce. 

Too bad this show had so few episodes.  This was my Friday night guilty pleasure. 

That was a really genuinely nice moment.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Wonder if the friend is worse in real life, maybe she toned it down. 

I'm with you, hope there is a reunion show. Maybe they can Skype with the ones back in jail!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I don’t watch the kids’ dance shows, the one Andrea and her daughter was on is based in LA. Something tells me she’s lived there for a while. The place in Utah didn’t look “lived in”. It looked rented.

Great observation. ? I wonder if she moved the kids to Utah to better their odds for positions in competitive groups, like how the one daughter made that children’s choir.  In LA, the children might be average but in Utah they would be stellar. 

As fake as this show is revealing itself to be, I’d be more inclined to believe they’ve been in LA for a while now. She may have friends and family in Utah, hence the pretense of making this HUGE move and sacrifice. More dramatic that way. Usually, a kid’s room has posters or big things on the wall, and I don’t remember seeing any. Also, the teenage son barely had any clothes in his closet. 

• Love 1
On February 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM, psychoticstate said:

Scott is in for heartbreak, just like Angela. Lizzie is a player, she's full of shit and she's not nearly as attractive as she and Scott think she is.  Is he not concerned at all that she's doing heroin? 

Right??  When Lizzie called, "crying" from prison, telling him, "...I'm doing everything that I can to walk the straight line.."  Ummm, except for the whole dealing heroin and meth in prison thing...everything except for that, I guess...  

I would feel sorry for him (maybe) if he didn't have children (at least, one son that I've seen).  But spending $20K on a grifter - when his son is at the age when that kind of gift could make a huge difference in his ability to get a solid start in life - makes me feel much less sympathetic.  

And truth be told, if his "love" was just an ordinary  looking woman and not such a sex kitten, there's no way he would have shelled out the big bucks.

Edited by OldButHappy
Sooo much to say!!! And ANOTHER thing.......
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

My guess is that most of the $20,000 Scott spent was on attorney’s fees. My understanding is that prison accounts can only have a certain amount a month. He probably put in the max amount each month. I also wouldn’t doubt that he was maxing out credit cards to keep Lizzie in her prison lifestyle. He seems like a very nice man who doesn’t even notice the nice friend who cares so much about him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

My understanding is that prison accounts can only have a certain amount a month. He probably put in the max amount each month.

One way around that is to direct him to deposit into another inmate’s account.