Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisin - Davos (House words: Unknown), Villain Baratheon, Protector:

You are Lord Davos Seaworth, aka the Onion Knight, 

This is a great nickname. If you leave him out in the sun, does he turn brown and start sprouting little white hairs?

Oh right. Focus. The fact that it specifies "Villain Baratheon", and it appears the Lannisters tried to kill somebody last night, is interesting. I think Dougal is on the right track - we played a game a while ago (I think it was the "film noir" round) with separate Villain teams, so that could be what's going on here. And Dany/the dragons could be a SK or vigilante. Based on the story, she seems to want to rule on her own (which makes me lean towards SK), but I guess we'll be able to tell if she doesn't kill anybody on Night 2.

Googled Still Standing, got nothin'

There's the Elton John song "I'm Still Standing" but I don't see anything there to connect to anyone.

I suppose Davos trying to convince Stannis to change his mind about attacking could be a clue for caprice, but that seems like a stretch.

I think the clues for HM are good. But we should try to maximize the time discussing clues. So I'll wait a bit before voting.

• Love 3

It made sense to me last round, and still does.

4 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob), 6 to avoid becoming dragon food.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 2

Clues against Hanged Man:

Also, reassons. ;-)

So, while I like the clues against JayKay, and I don't want to shut down coversation, I'm going to go ahead and start a David Lynch on Hanged Man...

1 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox), 9 to ride forth in victory

And yet... that's exactly what's happening. Seriously, we have most of the 48 hours to discuss anything that might be in the Night story as well as the most recent one. I'm not saying there isn't a valid argument here and it probably is accurate. However, once we complete a lynch, that's it. There's no more Day.

To resume discussion, I'm going to have to disagree with:

"Day Two: I make these men kill themselves building warships"

From the tone of the story, it sounds like someone is desperate to build warships and is trying to hurry people toward a difficult goal. Killing oneself toward a goal is a common phrase.

• Love 1

Valid point, caprice, and I'm not pushing anyone to rush to vote. I just missed so many in the Mad Men round that I'm trying to avoid that this time, and maybe I'm being a bit impetuous.

I don't know enough about GoT to be much good at finding clues in the stories, so hopefully others will jump in.

• Love 1

Valid point, caprice, and I'm not pushing anyone to rush to vote. I just missed so many in the Mad Men round that I'm trying to avoid that this time, and maybe I'm being a bit impetuous.

I don't know enough about GoT to be much good at finding clues in the stories, so hopefully others will jump in.

I see where you're coming from and I agree with your intentions. We have plenty of time to start a lynch and that's why I was surprised to see one up already. Game history follows that once a lynch is started, votes fly in and all discussion stops.

I'm with you on being lost about clues, photo fox, so I really need to have people keep talking about things that they see in the stories.

• Love 2

That's a lot to digest over lunch hour, y'all. Wow. I'm not ready to cast a vote for DL quite yet, mostly because we do have some time left, over 30 hours by my count.

I do agree with some of the suspect phrases that have come up, especially the braying mule and the 'whiny backside' in the Night story. I will be picking over all the posts after work this evening. At this point, I'd say Hanged Man seems quite the likeliest to be a Villain, but we have some time before we have to commit.

• Love 3

Please, please wait for me to get home from work and look over everything before ending a lynch.

Seeing that we have until nearly 9pm Central on Wednesday, I think you'll have time.

• Love 2

I agree we should wait a bit for the DL for.discussion purposes.

Photo initiated the DL on hangman pretty fast. Thinking that was to save himself is too obvious. I think more likely to save the next most in danger>>Jessie112.

• Love 1

I actually like the JayKay clues, but it's me, unfortunately. I'm a hero by GoT standards and within this game, though. I don't think pointing at me necessarily means anyone's evil, because I picked up on them too. But you better not be evil.

The Hanged Man clues are interesting but I don't know if they mean anything in a game this brutal. Worth keeping an eye on.

I won't be able to re-read anything until tonight, so in the meantime I'm just going to be intensely jealous over the possibility that one of you might be a dragon.

• Love 4

I too want to hold off a bit before joining the DL, simply because I'm not 100% sure of the possible clues.  I tend to follow the stories more anyway, but I do agree that Dany seems to be either a vigilante or SK, and was targeting whoever Stannis is, which probably means he/she knows who plays him.  Maybe Dany's an investigator instead, and someone else is playing the dragon?  I also like that there's not totally "good" or "bad" characters, they all have their weaknesses or flaws, makes it more challenging to determine if they're Heroes or Villains?

• Love 1

Photo initiated the DL on hangman pretty fast. Thinking that was to save himself is too obvious. I think more likely to save the next most in danger>>Jessie112.

I don't know anything about anything, but I don't think the Hangman DL is a product of preservation so much as an attempt to avoid another actionless Day when it seems there are serial killers, vigilantes and freakin' dragons not wasting any time.   

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 3

Someone mentioned wildfire burning boats and not in the forest. That is story. Wildfire is kind of a magical Greek Fire that was used to decimate the armada referred to.

I like the Hangmanhang, but would like to re-read.

I would not read too much into the dragon getting a major character. It could be blind luck, it could also be that no matter who it was, some of us would consider them a major character.

I agree there may be two tribes of villains each with their own victory list. Just killing all the heroes may not be enough.

And finally I think we have a two kill, or some equivalent of a doctor or bodyguard. That poisoning looked like a possible death as well.

• Love 3

So there are Vigilantes, Serial Killers, Villains, Bodyguards, Heroes, Heroes with 2 lives, Investigators... what other classes am I missing?

There are also "time bombs" (who automatically kill the people who kill them or either start or finish a vote against them) and mediums (who receive messages from deceased players). Probably a few others I'm not recalling off-hand.

My take on last night was that the dragon (likely commanded by Daneris) was the serial killer, and they just happened to target a villain. I also figure that the hero that the villains targeted was either a two-kill, or they were protected last night. Either way, we got lucky last night.

I was gonna let the discussion play out a bit, but I've got to work a 12-hour shift tonight, so I'm getting my vote out of the way now. And while I'm in favour of not killing anyone off in the first day, we can't really afford to go two days without voting somebody off. And photo fox's reasoning seems as sound as anyone's, so....

5 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob, Spruce), 5 to defend the wall.

• Love 2

It made sense to me last round, and still does.

4 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob), 6 to avoid becoming dragon food.

I know the count on HM is 5 but I just can't copy that whole post.

I'm sorry can.someone ease fix this...

I am.restarting the DL on Jessie for a few reasons including wanting to vote but not end the day and to provoke discussion about the value of putting the Kitty out and also...reasons

5 to DL Hanged Man

1 to DL Jessies112 (Oinky Boiny) 4 to do do something clever

Sorry folks. Doing this on my phone is kicking my ass.

• Love 1

Hmmph, you seem to really have it out for me, don't ya Oinky Boinky? :)

Well, I can say for certain that I am a hero, so I don't know why exactly you're so hellbent on me, but...whatever information you're getting, I think you're receiving mixed signals!

6 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob, Spruce, jessied112), 4 to defend the wall.

1 to DL jessied112 (Oinky Boinky), 9 to do something clever

• Love 3

Am I the only one that sees this:

Also, reassons. ;-)

Occam's Razor says sometimes a typo's a typo.

I don't know anything about anything, but I don't think the Hangman DL is a product of preservation so much as an attempt to avoid another actionless Day when it seems there are serial killers, vigilantes and freakin' dragons not wasting any time.

^^^^ This. I've known from the beginning that I might be not long for this world. I need to get my hits in early.

Someone mentioned wildfire burning boats and not in the forest.

There does seem to be a lot of boat talk. Is that just story? 

My take on last night was that the dragon (likely commanded by Daneris) was the serial killer, and they just happened to target a villain. I also figure that the hero that the villains targeted was either a two-kill, or they were protected last night. Either way, we got lucky last night.

That's my take as well. Or that we have two opposing families of villains?

• Love 1

That and the whiny ass which I can't connect anyone to, is all I've got.

I could name 60 people off the top of my head to connect the words "whiny ass" to, Oinky - so consider yourself lucky.  ;)  

There does seem to be a lot of boat talk. Is that just story?

Boats/wildfire are connected with actual Dragonstone story- most of an entire fleet was taken out using one flaming arrow and a combustible substance on the surface the water.  A pretty epic scene.  

If I get hanged is it irony, coincidence or self-fulfilling prophecy?

I mean, it's not like rai-ee-ain on your wedding day or a free ride when you've already paid, but... ironic.  

• Love 2

I mean, it's not like rai-ee-ain on your wedding day or a free ride when you've already paid, but... ironic.  

The only thing that makes this better is picturing Khal Drogo singing it while ripping some guy's tongue out.

I'm sorry. RL is seriously beating on me right now. I'm going to really study this in the morning and will chime in after my interview tomorrow.

• Love 3

Alright, I found one thing that hadn't already been analyzed.

Night 1: "Someday I will stab my sword through your eye and into your skull." This is a weirdly specific threat. It sounds similar to an icepick lobotomy, and wikipedia says that the transorbital lobotomy was simplified by Walter Freeman but first performed by an Italian psychiatrist named Amarro Fiamberti. It's not the strongest clue, but lobotomies freak me out and I'm not googling them any further.

• Love 3

We did not discuss the potential clues during the night story. I found this to be interesting and slightly out of place in the narrative:

A tinker passed by, his mule braying which jolted Arya out of her reverie.

Mule> farm animal> OinkyBoinky?

Tinker> tinker tailor soldier spy> CuriousParker?

However, I have had my eye on HangedMan since the first story

7 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob, Spruce, jessied112,TMunz), 3 to poison the king

• Love 2

Alright, I found one thing that hadn't already been analyzed.

Night 1: "Someday I will stab my sword through your eye and into your skull." This is a weirdly specific threat. It sounds similar to an icepick lobotomy, and wikipedia says that the transorbital lobotomy was simplified by Walter Freeman but first performed by an Italian psychiatrist named Amarro Fiamberti. It's not the strongest clue, but lobotomies freak me out and I'm not googling them any further.

FWIW, sword through the eye is a direct quote from GoT story.

• Love 1

If the "tinker" is meant to be a clue, the full text of the rhyme that was alluded to i shere; maybe "sailor" points to Dougal?.  Also, in the book and movie Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, the lead character is George Smiley... but we have far too many players with the default smiley avatar for that to be a clue.  None of the other characters in the WP page jumped out at me.  Now, if anyone has a NON-default smiley for an avatar, that's another question :) .

In the meantime, and trusting photo fox and her "reassons",

8 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob, Spruce, jessied112,TMunz, MarkHB), 2 to see how long it takes for the blood to rush to one's head while wearing gravity boots
1 to DL jessied112 (Oinky Boinky), 9 to bay at the moon until it snarls back

• Love 2

We did not discuss the potential clues during the night story. I found this to be interesting and slightly out of place in the narrative:

Mule> farm animal> OinkyBoinky?

Tinker> tinker tailor soldier spy> CuriousParker?

However, I have had my eye on HangedMan since the first story

7 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob, Spruce, jessied112,TMunz), 3 to poison the king

I think the tinker reference has more to do with introducing the first part the bràying donkey and finishing with the whining backside. I am going to go back and read that again to see what it frames.

Calling it a farm animal reference and thus me is kind of far fetching. I am done everytime someone mounts their horse or eats an egg.

• Love 1

Since it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to parse anything out of the story, I'd like to respectfully suggest that, if we have a protector, that person might look to photo fox tonight.

• Love 2

10 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox, Drogo, Athena, SVNBob, Spruce, jessied112,TMunz, MarkHB, stacey, writingdreamer), 0 to prove a point.

1 to DL jessied112 (Oinky Boinky), 9 to bay at the moon until it snarls back

We'll follow the pack and see where it leads. ;)

• Love 2

Please, please wait for me to get home from work and look over everything before ending a lynch.

Oh well, I'll take an irish coffee.

Red Eye, bar-wench...

*There's an extra $5 in it for you if you get a sword through that eye. 

And a Horse's Neck for my friend, the lady caprice.  Because it fits with the theme and I think she'd like it.  (Ginger ale + bourbon with lemon)

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

*floats in muttering about stupid dragons and their stupid dragon fire, steals a bottle of whiskey and floats over to the end of the bar to glare at everyone... mutters "I don't even like onions"... harrumph*

• Love 9

*floats in muttering about stupid dragons and their stupid dragon fire, steals a bottle of whiskey and floats over to the end of the bar to glare at everyone... mutters "I don't even like onions"... harrumph*

That was the best dead speech I have ever heard.  No matter what happens in this game, you should win an award for that.  ::giggle::

• Love 5