Type keyword(s) to search

Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

Well I did live longer this time than last time

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true.

I am not sure that is right...

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

The Flagon with the Dragon will get you kilt

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 5
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Eye, bar-wench...

*There's an extra $5 in it for you if you get a sword through that eye. 

And a Horse's Neck for my friend, the lady caprice.  Because it fits with the theme and I think she'd like it.  (Ginger ale + bourbon with lemon)

Wow, that sounds really good. Thanks!

*sips*

Why do I suddenly have the overwhelming desire to be a cowgirl?

• Love 3

Well I did live longer this time than last time

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

That explains.the shittiest hangovers ever!
  • Love 3

Wow, that sounds really good. Thanks!

*sips*

Why do I suddenly have the overwhelming desire to be a cowgirl?

OK, I had to:

I'll have rum, straight up... and the same for anyone else here who would rather be drinking than working!  :)

• Love 4

I was watching TV and thinking about clues and the Khaleesi maybe being a SK type and a short promo come on for GoT

with her listing the families and calling them spokes in a wheel and that she is not going to stop the wheel, she's going to break it.

I will have a gin and ginger ale

Edited by SilverStormm
tagged S5 GoT info as some peeps don't watch trailers ;)
  • Love 2

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true.

Not the chalice from the palace?

• Love 3

Sorry Silver. It was a TV commercial on Space. I didn't realize that would be a spoiler

No worries :) I moderate the GoT Unsullied forum so I'm hyper alert to any potential spoilery info for those guys. Plus I know some folks purposely don't watch trailers for GoT, wanting to see the show with no prior info.

No the chalice from palace was broken, that's why they had to use flagon with the dragon.

I know but I had to join in because I love that movie! :D

• Love 3

No the chalice from palace was broken, that's why they had to use flagon with the dragon.

I had no idea where all this was originally from, until after I made my original post.  And now that I do know, I refuse to be held responsible for knowing the details of any movie in which Angela Lansbury is an ingenue!  :D

• Love 3

Sorry Silver. It was a TV commercial on Space. I didn't realize that would be a spoiler

I think she might be protecting me, HA.  I am only in season 3 episode 6 ... and I have already been spoiled a few times via this thread.  ::giggle::

It's ok ... I am old and I forget fast, so no worries to anyone who thought they might have posted something that spoiled me.  I am doing my best to catch up quick before the new season starts.  GoT isn't all that easy to binge watch though.  I need to take breaks in between some episodes cause I lose my breath. 

• Love 2

Ha!  Wait, I didn't realize CP was Unsullied (I finally know what this means!!!) ...

CP would be Unsullied; she purposely doesn't watch previews or HBO 'Extra's' - info/videos etc, except she has read book 1 and part of book 2 so (by PTV rules) isn't a proper Unsullied.

• Love 3

Ha!  Wait, I didn't realize CP was Unsullied (I finally know what this means!!!) ...

Until I started researching for this game, I had no idea the Unsullied was an actual thing on the show. lol

CP would be Unsullied; she purposely doesn't watch previews or HBO 'Extra's' - info/videos etc, except she has read book 1 and part of book 2 so (by PTV rules) isn't a proper Unsullied.

Oh, my stars.

• Love 3

OK, I had to:

I'll have rum, straight up... and the same for anyone else here who would rather be drinking than working!  :)

You all can thank MarkHB for this, because his video reminded me of this one.

Thank you Silver!

(edited)

Night 2
Outside King’s Landing
In a secluded area, far from the prying eyes or eavesdropping ears of Varys’ little birds, or Littlefinger’s or indeed any other, possible spies, Tyrion’s sellsword-turned-knight Ser Bronn was instructing Jaime Lannister in the art of left handed sword fighting. Whilst he knew and understood the theory and discipline of parries and thrusts, it was clear the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard was struggling to make his non-dominant hand do precisely as he bade it. The once touted Kingslayer could barely manage to block Bronn’s advances.
“You sure do fight honorable. Must be all that proper training. Know the difference between you and me?” goaded Bronn.
“Let me think…I have never found myself needing to sell my skills to the highest bidder? My loyalty can’t be bought? A few million golden dragons?” Jaime returned, frustrated in his inability to best the presumed lesser man.
“I can easily knock you on your own ass with your own hand!” Bronn declared as he knocked Jaime to the ground once more. “Now do you want to fight pretty, or do you want to win? Again!”

On the road to The Eyrie
“I have made it this far without a squire, I do not see why I need one now. And if I must have a squire, I do not know why Tyrion saw fit to saddle me with one so incompetent. You cannot even ride a horse!” Brienne said chafed. She and her newly acquired squire Podrick Payne had traveled from King’s Landing in search of Arya Stark and they had been making very poor time.
“I’m sorry Ser…err, M’lady. There wasn’t much call for horse riding when I was serving Lord Tyrion. I’ll get better I promise.” Pod said. “I swore an oath of loyalty to serve you as all squires do for their knights.”
“I’m not a knight. And I really have no use for a squire. I’m much more comfortable, and considerably faster, travelling alone.”
“M’lady, if I leave your service they’ll say I’m a poor squire. I’ll never find another knight to serve.” Pod lamented, missing the more simple service of Lord Tyrion. Pouring wine never seemed so desirable.
“But you are a poor squire Podrick!”
“I’m sorry m’lady”
Their back and forth of complaints and apologies continued on in such fashion for several leagues, with neither satisfied to be in the other’s company but able to do little about it.

Dragonstone
In the Sept of the castle, the walls gleamed scarlet in the light of the strange fire. His Grace, King Stannis sat weary, uncertain of what to do after the death of one of his closest advisors and friends. Lord Davos’s demise had devastated the king. The appearance of a dragon in the realm only served to further Stannis’s unrest. Lady Melisandre was with him, leading the king in prayer and meditation, willing him peace and confidence.
“It is time, Your Grace. Dragons have returned. The death of Ser Davos was a sign from the Lord of Light. His doubt was punished but our faith rewarded by the visitation of such a glorious creature of fire. The night is dark and full of terrors; let us bring the dawn to Westeros.” Lady Melisandre whispered seductively into the ear of King Stannis.
“Do you see it in the flames? I will not risk the lives of my few remaining supporters unless the Lord of Light has guaranteed our victory. The loyalty of my men can only be tested so far.”
“I do, Your Grace. The Lord of Light bids us to bring his truth to the realm, to the unbelievers. They must understand new zest for the Lord of Light. There is only one thing left to do.”
“Anything.” Stannis replied desperately. He could no longer sit and wait while the Lannister bastard ruled from the throne that was rightfully his by all the laws of gods & men.
“This is my task alone my king; I must perform one more ritual. A purification by fire. Then our victory is all but guaranteed.”
Melisandre began chanting and convulsing, seemingly possessed by a spirit determined to break every bone in her body. The fire turned incandescent, almost blinding to anyone trying to look at it. Stannis was unable to break his gaze away from her writhing body, out of both fear and faith. Without warning, Melisandre stepped into the fire, as it turned from blazing white to a bold bright red. Unable to withstand the pain, the priestess screamed out in agony. “Take me R’hllor! I am yours, I am your willing sacrifice!” She cried, as her body and soul turned to flame. In the ensuing inferno, Stannis saw the true path to the Iron Throne. He praised the Lord of Light and the Lady Melisandre for her sacrifice, promising to serve her memory by spreading the faith throughout Westeros.

In the hands of The Silent Sisters
Lisin - Davos (House words: Unknown), Villain Baratheon, Protector:
You are Lord Davos Seaworth, aka the Onion Knight, and loyal supporter of the one true King Stannis Baratheon. A former smuggler, always prepared to tell it like it is, you have become one of the king’s most trusted advisors, the Hand of the King, although you differ on religious grounds. His Grace raised your status and family from nothing to knighthood. As such, you would die to protect him and his claim to the throne. Should he be targeted for attack, you will take his place. As an advisor to the King, you will help him choose whom to target on his path to the Iron Throne.

Hanged Man - Melisandre, Villain Baratheon

You are the Lady Melisandre, Priestess of the Lord of Light and advisor to the true King Stannis Baratheon. You have converted His Grace to the faith of the one true God the Lord of Light. As Priestess of the Lord of Light, you have magics that are otherwise unknown in Westeros and you work to support Stannis as a means of spreading your faith. Your ability to see what others cannot grants you the knowledge of one person per night. Should you discover the Spider or Littlefinger, you can bring them to your side. You also may help King Stannis choose whom to target on his quest to reign over all of Westeros. You cannot win without Stannis. Protect him at all costs. If Stannis should fall you cannot win the throne, your mission will then be to prevent the villains from winning it. Upon your death, the Lord of Light will transfer your powers to another member of your team. 

Still praying to the Old Gods & The New:
Oinky Boinky
MarkHB
Athena
stacey
Machiabelly
caprice
CuriousParker
TJtrack99
The Crazed Spruce
JayKay
SVNBob
BizBuzz
Drogo
jessied112
TMunz
writing dreamer

Dougal
photo fox

There is one clue in the night story. You have 24 hours to get your night actions in (the sooner the better!). Enjoy the bar! 

Edited to remove Hanged Man from the list of the living! 

Edited by egavasc
  • Love 1

Holy crap.

Just to expand on this - I have a REALLY REALLY strong and intense dislike of this character on the show. So yeah, I just want to savor the moment. No offense to the Hanged Man.

So everyone, enjoy MarkHB's paid for drinks! I'm sitting in the corner, cackling to myself...

• Love 2

If George R.R. Martin croaks before the ASOIAF series is complete, I hereby nominate egavasc and SilverStormm to replace that petite ogre-lookin' nutjob.

The books would be half as long... with five times as much sword-thrustin' ass-kickin' fire-breathin' action. 

• Love 6

Okay, good, I felt like a dork for getting a little emotional over the stories. This game has been intense! The mods are seriously doing GoT proud. Making me want to catch up on the show or pick up the first novel again.

Did not actually expect that reveal, and now I feel like celebrating. How about one of those drinks that you're supposed to light on fire?

• Love 6

Beautifully written and very cool death for an... interesting? character.

HM, this is the second time I've talked you into playing a game. Both times, you've died fairly early. I hope you feel this was a better death. Plus, this time you actually were a villain!

In other news, I had a job interview yesterday. :)

• Love 7

Day is almost upon us ... I think I want one more of something strong barkeep, something that can help me deal with the impending day.

Meh, like the seasons in GoT, the days and nights are longer than one might expect. Day story won't go up until sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening EST. Combination of work and pressure to write something amazing!

• Love 4

Meh, like the seasons in GoT, the days and nights are longer than one might expect. Day story won't go up until sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening EST. Combination of work and pressure to write something amazing!

Pressure pffft. If they think this has a happy ending...they haven't been paying attention :p 

• Love 4

Fee Fie Fo Fum

I smell the blood of an EnglishMan

Be he live or be he dead...

That's the pressure. Inquiring minds need to know.

Huddles by the fire with other sheep

Barkeep, your best single malt.

It's not really a MaiTai moment.

• Love 4

Fee Fie Fo Fum

I smell the blood of an EnglishMan

Be he live or be he dead...

That's the pressure. Inquiring minds need to know.

Huddles by the fire with other sheep

Barkeep, your best single malt.

It's not really a MaiTai moment.

Being the only English person here (I think?), I can confidently report that I am alive & kicking still....but can you please stop sniffing me now? ;)

• Love 3

Being the only English person here (I think?), I can confidently report that I am alive & kicking still....but can you please stop sniffing me now? ;)

And how bad does Oinky think you smell, if she can't tell if you're alive or dead?  :P