Type keyword(s) to search

Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

So I'm not sure how you'd pronounce caprevasc but I totally love it! As caprice can confirm, I had a hard time figuring out the clues and I knew who the villains were! So that should be interesting in the next round! 

Speaking of! Let the sign ups begin! As crazy as this sounds for a first time mod, I really do want a whole lot of people to sign up. This round will be a lot more interesting if a bunch of people play. 

1. Oinky Boinky

2. MarkHB

Winter is Coming! 

(but only for games. thankfully winter is finally mostly leaving)

ETA: MarkHB to the signups! 

Edited by egavasc
  • Love 3
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to play a round of mafia particularly a Game of Thrones one, though I have next to no experience in playing mafia.

Quite a lot of us didn't know what to do either.  Jump in and have some fun.

Also?

1. Oinky Boinky
  2. MarkHB
  3. Athena
  4. stacey
  5. Machiabelly
  6. Hanged Man
  7. caprice
  8. CuriousParker

Like you need to ask? And with a player named Oinky Boinky, possibly the best username and possibility for clues there is?

1. Oinky Boinky
  2. MarkHB
  3. Athena
  4. stacey
  5. Machiabelly
  6. Hanged Man
  7. caprice
  8. CuriousParker
  9. TJtrack99
  • Love 6

1. Oinky Boinky

2. MarkHB

3. Athena

4. stacey

5. Machiabelly

6. Hanged Man

7. caprice

8. CuriousParker

9. TJtrack99

10. The Crazed Spruce

11. JayKay

Awesome, new people! This is gonna be fun. And isn't GoT basically medieval Mafia anyway?

• Love 2

Not sure what mafia is... but these are questions for wise men with skinny arms.  I'm in for GoT. 

1. Oinky Boinky
  2. MarkHB
  3. Athena
  4. stacey
  5. Machiabelly
  6. Hanged Man
  7. caprice
  8. CuriousParker
  9. TJtrack99
  10. The Crazed Spruce
  11. JayKay
  12. SVNBob
  13. BizBuzz
  14. Drogo
  • Love 7

Eh, I'm in. I'm always in. 

1. Oinky Boinky
  2. MarkHB
  3. Athena
  4. stacey
  5. Machiabelly
  6. Hanged Man
  7. caprice
  8. CuriousParker
  9. TJtrack99
  10. The Crazed Spruce
  11. JayKay
  12. SVNBob
  13. BizBuzz
  14. Drogo
  15. jessied112

Also, maybe it's time to make that name switch like I had been planning for a while anyway....I need a change. Now, suggestions on a new name? I'm game for anything.

• Love 2

Gameforanything could become a name but I pro putting a lot of thought into the very best name.  

I belong to a very large world wide organization that eventually nicknames every member.  It took me months to get properly named.  

Don't rush Jessie.

I am Canadian and noticed quite a few others are also. 

• Love 3

Oh my gosh, yes. I've been looking forward to this.

1. Oinky Boinky
  2. MarkHB
  3. Athena
  4. stacey
  5. Machiabelly
  6. Hanged Man
  7. caprice
  8. CuriousParker
  9. TJtrack99
  10. The Crazed Spruce
  11. JayKay
  12. SVNBob
  13. BizBuzz
  14. Drogo
  15. jessied112
  16. TMunz
  • Love 2
  1. Oinky Boinky
  2. MarkHB (Boy)
  3. Athena (Girl)
  4. stacey (Girl)
  5. Machiabelly
  6. Hanged Man
  7. caprice
  8. CuriousParker (Girl)
  9. TJtrack99
  10. The Crazed Spruce (Boy)
  11. JayKay
  12. SVNBob
  13. BizBuzz (Girl)
  14. Drogo
  15. jessied112
  16. TMunz
  17. writing dreamer (Girl)

I just put in the ones I know for sure.  Some I'm pretty sure about but did not want to be wrong here. 

Can't wait to start this one.  Welcome Drogo, Oinky Boinky, & Hanged Man.

SilverStormm (Girl)

egavasc (Girl - call it a wild hunch!)

1. Oinky Boinky (Girl)
  2. MarkHB (Boy)
  3. Athena (Girl)
  4. stacey (Girl)
  5. Machiabelly (Boy)
  6. Hanged Man (Boy)
  7. Caprice (Girl)
  8. CuriousParker (Girl)
  9. TJtrack99 (Boy)
  10. The Crazed Spruce (Boy)
  11. JayKay
  12. SVNBob (Boy)
  13. BizBuzz (Girl)
  14. Drogo (Boy)
  15. jessied112
  16. TMunz (Girl)
  17. writing dreamer (Girl)
  • Love 2

SilverStormm (Girl)
egavasc (Girl - call it a wild hunch!)
Oinky Boinky (Girl)
MarkHB (Boy)
Athena (Girl)
stacey (Girl)
Machiabelly (Boy)
Hanged Man (Boy)
Caprice (Girl)
CuriousParker (Girl)
TJtrack99 (Boy)
The Crazed Spruce (Boy)
JayKay
SVNBob (Boy)
BizBuzz (Girl)
Drogo (Boy)
jessied112 (Girl)
TMunz (Girl)
writing dreamer (Girl)

I'll add my hat to the ring here. But man, all those suggestions....I'm tempted for the GameForAnything just for the LOLs. Ah....I'll decide in a couple of days.

• Love 2

I redid the list so as to reconcile any further Boy/Man/Girl/Woman concerns.

SilverStormm - ♀
egavasc - ♀
Oinky Boinky - ♀
MarkHB - ♂
Athena - ♀
stacey - ♀
Machiabelly - ♂
Hanged Man - ♂
Caprice - ♀
CuriousParker - ♀
TJtrack99 - ♂
The Crazed Spruce - ♂
JayKay - ♀
SVNBob - ♂
BizBuzz - ♀
Drogo - ♂
jessied112 - ♀
TMunz - ♀
writing dreamer - ♀

:)

• Love 10

Oooh, I just started watching this too (only the new version, so starting with Nine)! 

Ooooh I love a new convert!

Say hi to CP, she just finished getting through NuWho up to the 50th anniversary special in like 2-3 weeks was it? :D

• Love 1

People who started with Nine don't get the impact of "The Night of the Doctor" at all... I feel sad for them.  (I started with a rerun of Logopolis in the fall of 1984.)

• Love 1

People who started with Nine don't get the impact of "The Night of the Doctor" at all... I feel sad for them.  (I started with a rerun of Logopolis in the fall of 1984.)

I think many go back to watch the classic era after getting hooked on NuWho? I became a Who fan as a kid (much like DT) so I was lucky.

• Love 1

I think many go back to watch the classic era after getting hooked on NuWho?

Count me as one of those ... and Night of the Doctor was not lost on me.  At all.  I squeed, and then how I wished 8 would return for more than just a movie and a webisode.  I could easily see how he could become my favorite.  ::giggle::

• Love 2

I'm getting ready to bake some Guinness cupcakes. I think I have a recipe for a Bailey's frosting, too....

I've made this recipe for Bailey's frosting before. It's really good. 

Also I'm in! I've never seen GoT but I know plenty about it so I should be better than I was in this game.

SilverStormm - ♀

egavasc - ♀

1. Oinky Boinky - ♀
  2. MarkHB - ♂
  3. Athena - ♀
  4. stacey - ♀
  5. Machiabelly - ♂
  6. Hanged Man - ♂
  7. Caprice - ♀
  8. CuriousParker - ♀
  9. TJtrack99 - ♂
  10. The Crazed Spruce - ♂
  11. JayKay - ♀
  12. SVNBob - ♂
  13. BizBuzz - ♀
  14. Drogo - ♂
  15. jessied112 - ♀
  16. TMunz - ♀
  17. writing dreamer - ♀
  18. Lisin - ♀
  • Love 4

Oh Bob, you've done it now.  Neither Silver nor I will be satisfied until we have gotten you to watch this show.  It is truly fantastic.

Oh, I fully intend to. I've heard lots of good things and it's in my NetFlix queue; I made sure of that earlier today.

It's just I want to read at least some of the books first, and I haven't done that yet.  I know it's not necessary, but it's the way I think.

• Love 4

Oh, I fully intend to. I've heard lots of good things and it's in my NetFlix queue; I made sure of that earlier today.

It's just I want to read at least some of the books first, and I haven't done that yet.  I know it's not necessary, but it's the way I think.

Another reason, (not to toot my own forum trumpet but totally tooting my own forum trumpet), the Game Of Thrones forum is awesome; the posters are polite to each other 99% of the time, as well as being very insightful and extremely canny, I can tell that you'd fit right in! :)

• Love 3

Me too. It's not necessary to read the books but it is usually so much better to read a series than watch it. The way the stack at my bedside is building tho I am never going to get to this.  

I am surprised by the number of girls in this group - I am used to playing with mostly young guys and them assuming I am also instead of maybe their grandmother. It's kind of funny really.

• Love 3

If you can believe it, I don't think I've ever posted in the GoT forum. 

I think I must be confusing your avatar with someone else then because you seemed familiar. Also WHAAAAAT???!

I may have to rescind your Drogo licence... *ponders*

• Love 3

Or maybe I have.  Season 4 was so long ago. 

I only really remember my Khaleesi posts.  And GoT is so clearly not a Khaleesi show. 

How is the Khalessi these days? I miss reading her commentary on MC.

• Love 2

How is the Khalessi these days? I miss reading her commentary on MC.

She's excellent, thank you athena.  We're watching Survivor, Face Off and HK together now since our beloved MC's over.  :) 

The best is K during Face Off:  "It's not WHIMSY enough!"

ETA:  I forgot DWTS!  (*I had to agree to DWTS in order for her to continue watching Survivor with me.)

Last night, she asks me why Charlotte McWhatever is "so obsessed with her boobs."

Me:  Because that's why she's famous.  That's what people know her for. 

K:  And she's not offended by that?

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 3

I am going to try this using my smartphone so I don't have to haul a laptop cross country for two weeks. Apologize in advance for tippos.

I may not be able to bold if that is required for voting. If anyone has tried this and know smartphone Mafia is a very bad idea- please let me know.

I am assuming there will be a posting of rules in our role assignment posts.

• Love 1

I am going to try this using my smartphone so I don't have to haul a laptop cross country for two weeks. Apologize in advance for tippos.

I may not be able to bold if that is required for voting. If anyone has tried this and know smartphone Mafia is a very bad idea- please let me know.

Bolding is a convenience and convention, it's certainly not required.  Playing Mafia via smartphone is no more or less painful that doing anything else on PTV via smartphone.

• Love 5

The biggest rule is that unless you're a villain (or a hero who is specifically told so in your PM), you cannot talk about mafia to any other player outside the game thread . Other than that, I found reading through some past games helped me, I think Mafia has a huge learning curve that lasts for quite a while. 

• Love 3

Hey everyone, sorry about last round. I had way less hanging-around-at-the-house time during vacation than I thought (which was a good thing!). Luckily y'all managed to pull out the win without me. :p

SilverStormm - ♀
egavasc - ♀

1. Oinky Boinky - ♀
  2. MarkHB - ♂
  3. Athena - ♀
  4. stacey - ♀
  5. Machiabelly - ♂
  6. Hanged Man - ♂
  7. Caprice - ♀
  8. CuriousParker - ♀
  9. TJtrack99 - ♂
  10. The Crazed Spruce - ♂
  11. JayKay - ♀
  12. SVNBob - ♂
  13. BizBuzz - ♀
  14. Drogo - ♂
  15. jessied112 - ♀
  16. TMunz - ♀
  17. writing dreamer - ♀
  18. Lisin - ♀
  19. Dougal - ♂

• Love 4

Hey everyone, sorry about last round. I had way less hanging-around-at-the-house time during vacation than I thought (which was a good thing!). Luckily y'all managed to pull out the win without me. :p

SilverStormm - ♀

egavasc - ♀

• Oinky Boinky - ♀
  • MarkHB - ♂
  • Athena - ♀
  • stacey - ♀
  • Machiabelly - ♂
  • Hanged Man - ♂
  • Caprice - ♀
  • CuriousParker - ♀
  • TJtrack99 - ♂
  • The Crazed Spruce - ♂
  • JayKay - ♀
  • SVNBob - ♂
  • BizBuzz - ♀
  • Drogo - ♂
  • jessied112 - ♀
  • TMunz - ♀
  • writing dreamer - ♀
  • Lisin - ♀
  • Dougal - ♂

Dougal, you have no idea how happy you signing up in time has made me...suffice to say WOOT!!!! :D

• Love 3

I would think there is a rule that you can not edit posts. I found you all last game to be very straight up and super nice during your last game. I have been in more aggressive games for example fighting very hard if a vote is going against you and more obfuscation and wile. I was thinking maybe you had rules about fibbing or mudslinging. Is it because there are more girls? ( ducks)

• Love 2

I would think there is a rule that you can not edit posts. I found you all last game to be very straight up and super nice during your last game. I have been in more aggressive games for example fighting very hard if a vote is going against you and more obfuscation and wile. I was thinking maybe you had rules about fibbing or mudslinging. Is it because there are more girls? ( ducks)

I think it's because there's an outsized proportion of Canadians. (ducks) (geese) (beavers)

• Love 6

I think it's because there's an outsized proportion of Canadians. (ducks) (geese) (beavers)

That plus a number of us haven't played 6+ games yet...

Current sign up list:

SilverStormm - ♀

egavasc - ♀

• Oinky Boinky - ♀
  • MarkHB - ♂
  • Athena - ♀
  • stacey - ♀
  • Machiabelly - ♂
  • Hanged Man - ♂
  • Caprice - ♀
  • CuriousParker - ♀
  • TJtrack99 - ♂