Type keyword(s) to search

Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

It is 73 here and gorgeous

You suck.

Does anyone else have to deal with pine pollen?  Gross and nasty and yellow and thick?

Ugh...

Not since I lived in Atlanta. It was horrible stuff.
  • Love 2
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had heavy snowfalls up here all weekend, but the temperatures managed to crawl back up to single digits. Okay, negative single digits, but still, it's a start....

By the way, in case any of you care (and happen to be Canadian, so you can vote), my hometown is one of the final 10 nominees for Kraft Hockeyville this year. :)

Does anyone else have to deal with pine pollen?  Gross and nasty and yellow and thick?

Ugh...

I basically live in the middle of a pine forest. I know whereof you speak.
  • Love 2

I'm so lucky the snow where I live has stopped. It has been jumping from the double negative digits to the single negative digits, though...some days, we're lucky to hit the positive.

By the way, in case any of you care (and happen to be Canadian, so you can vote), my hometown is one of the final 10 nominees for Kraft Hockeyville this year. :)

I voted :)

• Love 3

I shifted my VPN over and voted a few times for you. I am not sure where North York is but it must be in Canada because now my computer is telling me my hockey team is a bunch of hosers, eh.

So it travelled back in time about 35 years, too? Now that's high-tech.... :)
  • Love 3

So it travelled back in time about 35 years, too? Now that's high-tech.... :)

But remember dear, 35 years ago, he didn't have a team. ;)

I thought about a poutine jab, but a computer asking for poutine just seemed ridiculous. Plus my team could be doing a lot better, our division is nasty but still...

Two things. First, I spent two years living in North York, so, yay! Second, poutine is marvelous. A heart attack waiting to happen, to be sure, but marvelous.

• Love 2

Thanks for your patience y'all! Now for your story! 

Day 2
At a whorehouse in King’s Landing
Surrounded by women in the employ of Littlefinger, Tyrion should have felt at ease. Instead he waited in trepidation for the appearance of the latest guest for King Joffrey’s wedding. He had been made aware that the crown prince of Dorne would not be attending the celebrations. Tyrion thought his excuse was laughable. One does not pretend to be sick to avoid the wedding of one’s king. No, the Martells were most certainly up to something, at the very least a slight against the Lannisters, but likely something much more nefarious.
From one of the brothel’s many rooms exited the second son of Dorne, Prince Oberyn Martell, The Red Viper himself with his paramour Ellaria Sand. The pair were flush from their time and Tyrion was loathe to interrupt their apparent bliss with such garish things as politics. Conveniently, before he could speak, Oberyn noticed his presence and began the introductions.
“Ah, the King’s uncle The Imp. Surprised to see me here? I imagine you expected to see my lifeless corpse before you, but alas here I am. Still standing. Still loving.”
“Good sir,” Tyrion replied nervously. “I am confused as to why you would think I would wish you dead. The Lannisters seek only peace with the Martells.”
“Then tell me, why were we greeted with a cask of poisoned wine? I noticed the slight off notes, indistinguishable to one who knows nothing of poisons unlike myself. Someone made a pitiable attempt on my life, one I will not soon forget. Are you trying to convince me that this was not a Lannister plot?”
“I assure you, if the Lannisters wanted you dead you would not be here standing before me. I will find the source of this poison as proof. A Lannister always pays his debts and we are grateful to have such a regal ambassador from Dorne at our celebrations. Come, let us find fresh wine and celebrate life!”

Outside the castle Dragonstone
In the late lingering hours of daylight as the sky turned blood red, King Stannis and Davos examined the few remaining ships in the flotilla. Davos anxiously attempted to dissuade his King from rushing into another attack on King’s Landing.
“Just as you kindly asked Your Grace, the shipwrights have been working as hard and as fast as they possibly can. But what you have asked for is a miracle and for that you have asked the wrong advisor. Ask your priestess and your god before you demand that I make these men kill themselves building warships that will most assuredly not be ready regardless.”
“I am most confident these ships will be ready in time. I am the rightful king of Westeros; the Lord of Light will help me unseat the usurper. Lady Melisandre is working to aid our men.” Stannis replied, trying not to let Davos or the Lord of Light hear the doubt creeping into his voice. Even he was becoming wary of entering into battle with these beleaguered ships.
As the sun made its inexorable descent, dipping at last into the sea, turning all around crimson, a shadow appeared in the sky coming from the east. The beating of huge wings could be heard from afar as it soared toward the castle, heading directly for King Stannis. As turbulent wind created by those immense black wings buffeted him, Davos Seaworth managed to push his king back into the castle, knowing as always that he would gladly die to protect Stannis. He boldly removed his sword from its sheath, quickly seeking any weakness on the giant powerful body before him. Before he could take a stab at the beast’s underbelly, the great dragon cracked open its jaws and belched a great lance of fire; instantly burning Davos to a crisp before flying back from whence it came. When Stannis and Melisandre came to assess the devastation the next morning, the only remains recognisable were the four missing knucklebones of the hand the King had removed long ago.

In the hands of The Silent Sisters

Lisin - Davos (House words: Unknown), Villain Baratheon, Protector:

You are Lord Davos Seaworth, aka the Onion Knight, and loyal supporter of the one true King Stannis Baratheon. A former smuggler, always prepared to tell it like it is, you have become one of the king’s most trusted advisors, the Hand of the King, although you differ on religious grounds. His Grace raised your status and family from nothing to knighthood. As such, you would die to protect him and his claim to the throne. Should he be targeted for attack, you will take his place. As an advisor to the King, you will help him choose whom to target on his path to the Iron Throne.

Still praying to the Old Gods & The New:
Oinky Boinky
MarkHB
Athena
stacey
Machiabelly
Hanged Man
Caprice
CuriousParker
TJtrack99
The Crazed Spruce
JayKay
SVNBob
BizBuzz
Drogo
jessied112
TMunz
writing dreamer
Dougal
photo fox

You have 48 hours for discussion. There is one clue. Good luck! 

• Love 1

Hmmm If Davos was considered a villain then Stannis and Melisandre are as well. Wait, a villain was killed at night?

edited because something occurred to me

Edited by Hanged Man

Oh...OH. One Villain down. That isn't what I expected! It seems that Lisin/Davos might have died, protecting Stannis. So...whoever attacked him, who I guess is an SK or Vig, good job! 

Ok, so two things did jump out of me, but I'm gonna have to do more readings. The first was this:

The pair were flush from their time

That just pops out to me as a poker thing...well, the flush at least, and it reminds me of playing cards. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they connect to anyone so maybe someone else can weigh in? The second is this:

as the sky turned blood red

So I typed in Blood Red into google and got a movie about a Sicilian farmer or something...perhaps pointing to MachiaBelly? Again, I'm unsure, but that's what popped out at me.

• Love 1

Interesting to think of how that happened. I have been in games.that had a bus driver. Everynight he can make a certain number of players change seats. It would be a hero who made two palyers change seats so the villain by chance got put into the original targets seat. Now we can't expect a bus driver but maybe a shape shifter type swapped bodies with someone else because they correctly guessed they were in danger. Luckily for the town they swapped with a villain.

In the stories before nights end this is what I came up with.

Lots of birds, little birds, giant skeleton of birds, gaggle of handmaids.

Out of place vegetation references, perreniel attacks, wildfire destroying ships at sea instead of forests.

Animal noises, purring, barking but most interesting to me a braying donkey being followed by a reference to her 'whiny backside'

Lastly bodily problems nauseating,numb and our famous choking throat.

Heck yeah, we somehow lost a villain to freaking dragonfire during Night?! Pretty badass.

I haven't read anything that especially jumps out. Googled Still Standing, got nothin'. Googled Standing Still, got Jewel. HB is a famous jewelry company? Idk, I'm reaching. Gotta read it again.

• Love 2

"Villain Baratheon" makes me think we might have (at least) two completely separate villain factions, the Baratheons and presumably the Lannisters. The story also made it seem like there was a failed attack made against Oberyn.

But...since Stannis was killed by a dragon, so presumably by Dany, that means that Dany is a serial killer or a vigilante, and that would make way more sense....

• Love 2

Ahhhh, looks like we have a SK/Vigilante among us.  I am with Dougal in that a vigilante makes much more sense, if the killing of Davos was by Dany via dragon.  However, that was sure a lucky guess the first night out, so I am going to assume she has help, maybe with some sort of spy.

This might be pushing it, however, could the dragon be a separate player?

Before he could take a stab at the beast’s underbelly

Could there have been an attempt at the dragon and it fell through.  Could Dany be both a vigilante AND a protector? 

I said I was pushing it.

Going to do MORE reading ... and waiting for more conversation because I like to be in possession of all the facts before I make a decision.  I am not disposed at this time to make any accusations.  This game is good so far, albeit chaotic.

A vigilante is a player, typically a Hero, who has a limited number of night kills they can make.

I'm not sure about clues yet (and those who know the stories, please help me out with this), but it seems like the Lannister faction targeted one of the Martells, but the attempt failed due to either that particular player being a two-kill or else their being protected.  Also, if certain Baratheons are evil (I don't know if there are good ones, just that a lot of people would happily put Joffrey on the "Barnicle Bus"* with Laurel Lance), which of the Lannisters or Martells would be more likely to be evil as well?

Also, are there many wild dragons around in the stories / show, or are most of them in Dany's care?  I ask because having a serial killer be a FREAKING DRAGON would be a really, really cool thing.  (Yes, Biz, I'm echoing your thought.)

* The "Barnicle Bus," a device used by columnist Mike Barnicle, is something into which you load a lot of undesirable people and then drive off a cliff.

• Love 1

*There are only three dragons in the GoT universe, all belonging to Daenerys.  As far as I know, only one of them has ever killed a person, but I doubt any of the dragons are serial killers.  

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

As in, they can send in one PM during the game to kill whichever character they choose, ideally a villain.)

Kinda sucks if their Stannis-kill took out Davos instead... Davos is pretty much the nicest villain around.  Seems like a waste of a kill. 

Though I guess a villain's a villain.  :)

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

Well, Davos (and I keep wanting to say Davros) was set up per the PM: if someone attached Stannis, he (meaning Lisin, who isn't actually a "he") would die in his place.

I am hoping that, with all the names that were tossed around during Day 1, that some investigator hit upon someone who needs DL'ing.

Thanks for the info on the dragons.  Could things be so twisted as to make Daenerys the SK?

• Love 1

I read this one and the night one and didn’t find squat in either one, which is bad for me since I am more behooven behoofed behooved to find someone else that fingers can point at.

That’s an interesting catch. The only name that I see that would apply to that would be JayKay – JK - Jack King poker hand. But that’s kinda weak.

Before he could take a stab at the beast’s underbelly

That could point to Machiabelly, but that is also kinda weak

If Davos was a protector and died protecting Stannis, then whichever player(I am assuming whoever is Danyris) originally targeted Stannis now knows which player is Stannis. Since Stannis is a villain it is logical that Stannis, bereft of a bodyguard, is going to be killed next. It kinda seems to me that if villains are dying… let them. And we, as heroes, should grab some popcorn, sit back and watch.

• Love 1

I like the way you think Hanged Man ... however, I still feel that we need to probably try to decipher more clues to see what is what, and start a lynch before our time is up for this day, after all ... Winter is Coming.

I do believe that since this is a game, and since we are dealing with the most twisted series I have ever had the pleasure of watching (and haven't caught up yet) that even game play isn't as it seems.  It may be true that a dragon killed only one person in the series/books, but the game play doesn't follow any rules.  I think, like Mark, that using a dragon as a Serial Killer is just plain brilliant, if that is what they did.  ::giggle::

And if we have a SK among us, they will kill Hero/Villain alike, so it's even more important that we get a lynch in daily from now on.

Things were close to DL'ng jessied112 last day ... has that scent been lost?

• Love 2

It is odd for a villain to die at night.

Not really, but we'll take it as a good thing. :)

In the stories before nights end this is what I came up with.

Lots of birds, little birds, giant skeleton of birds, gaggle of handmaids.

Out of place vegetation references, perreniel attacks, wildfire destroying ships at sea instead of forests.

Animal noises, purring, barking but most interesting to me a braying donkey being followed by a reference to her 'whiny backside'

Lastly bodily problems nauseating,numb and our famous choking throat.

I'd like to hear why "whiny backside" was to interesting to you. It seems normal enough to me, especially coming from The Hound and directed to Arya. Besides, telling someone s/he needs to "shut your whiny ass" is fairly common.

What I find interesting is that someone with an animal noise for a username is bringing up "animal noises" as something that struck a chord. Throwing shade?

Jessied112. Your post is too big to quote all of it. To me flush (from their activity) is just more red,flames, faces aflame. Lots of fire in the stories.

Please. They are in a whorehouse. "Flush from their activity" is story.

Davos is pretty much the nicest villain around.

Heh, there's a backhanded compliment if I ever heard one. ;)

Well, Davos (and I keep wanting to say Davros) was set up per the PM: 

Thanks for the info on the dragons.  Could things be so twisted as to make Daenerys the SK?

I keep reading it that way too, Mark. Of course, I'm actually watching "Journey's End" as I type this....

"Twisted?" Mafia? Of course.

Edited to remove duplication.

Edited by caprice
  • Love 2

There's poison? Glad I stuck with water. I knew this crowd was rough! lol

I still like the Day 1 clues for Hanged Man, and I spot another one here:

I make these men kill themselves building warships

I haven't looked over the night story that closely yet.

• Love 1

That’s an interesting catch. The only name that I see that would apply to that would be JayKay – JK - Jack King poker hand. But that’s kinda weak.

Please. They are in a whorehouse. "Flush from their activity" is story.

Brothel or bathroom, I agree flush is a loaded word.

JayKay (JK) is the abbreviation for just kidding, synonymous with just joking....

Flush... Joker...  I could be on board with that. 

Then again, I still like the D1 "dark room" clue pointing toward PhotoFox. 

Drogo ready to be aggressive, B-E aggresive.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

So there are Vigilantes, Serial Killers, Villains, Bodyguards, Heroes, Heroes with 2 lives, Investigators... what other classes am I missing?

Edited to add:

I just want to make sure that my thought processes can take into account of what is known

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2

So there are Vigilantes, Serial Killers, Villains, Bodyguards, Heroes, Heroes with 2 lives, Investigators... what other classes am I missing?

Masons which are heroes that can talk to only each other. The Wikipedia article on mafia has some insights, but I think we've covered most of the roles the forum's mafia uses.

• Love 2
Then again, I still like the D1 "dark room" clue pointing toward PhotoFox.

Well it was Lisin that first posted that, and Lisin was a villain. It does not follow.

Edited to add:

It does not follow Lisin would bring attention to another villain she knew.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2

So let's see...

I'm throwing shade at Hanged Man, and Drogo is throwing shade at me. But then Hanged Man defended me to Drogo, who voted with me to DL Hanged Man on Day One.

Methinks someone (or two) is playing a very deep game. I may need some protection. (Not that kind! Well, maybe that kind.)

Edited by photo fox
fixed spelling
  • Love 2

See and I thought my shade was pretty squarely directed at JayKay. ;) 

I like the joker/flush relation as well as these bird (jay) references we've seen. 

• Love 2

Caprice - not letting me quote your question to me. Part of my clue list has animal noises and braying donkey is immediately followed by 'whiny backside' backside being an ass donkey being an ass why do we have a braying ass referenced twice.

If one of you will admit to being vocal and assinine we can clear this up right now.

And I still like perhaps perhaps,purring and throat laughter to be our Kitty Jessie112.

• Love 1

Villains will post things against other villains ... mostly to try to trick us.  I am a hero, but I have once played as a villain, so I know the tricks. 

We had a 4 way split vote on the first day:

No Lynch

Hanged Man

jessied112

photo fox

No Lynch won out, Hanged Man was next with 4 votes ... then jessied112 and photofox each had just one vote.  3 people didn't vote, Athena, writing dreamer and JayKay (however, JayKay posted that she was too late).

Can someone help me remember what the clue was towards Hanged Man ... I am thinking that things continue to be chaotic, and we need time to relax, for fear that we accuse someone that isn't meant to be accused. 

• Love 3

Also if I was a vigilante and had a limited number of hits why would I waste one on a blind hit first night. Being that most of you thought DL first day was risky who would waste a vigilante kill.

Also how would a vigilante hit nullify the villain NK? I think there was a target swap.

• Love 1

Can someone help me remember what the clue was towards Hanged Man

It’s said to get so cold there that a man’s laughter could freeze in his throat and choke him to death

• Love 2

Hangman had something to do with the choking clue and went to 4 because a couple switched off Jessie to avoid no lynch.

Photofox was there because of a reference to a small dark room

Jessie because of the purring clues.

• Love 2

Clues against Hanged Man:

Day One: It’s said to get so cold there that a man’s laughter could freeze in his throat and choke him to death

Day Two: I make these men kill themselves building warships

Also, reassons. ;-)

So, while I like the clues against JayKay, and I don't want to shut down coversation, I'm going to go ahead and start a David Lynch on Hanged Man...

1 to DL Hanged Man (photo fox), 9 to ride forth in victory

Edited by photo fox
to bold some stuff
  • Love 2