Type keyword(s) to search

Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

While I liked the Hanged Man clue, I'd like to wait until we have a better sense of what may be a clue or not. Thus:

4 Hanged Man (photo fox, SVNBob, Drogo, Oinky Boinky), 7 to be proactive and intense
11 No DL (BizBuzz, Spruce, Dougal, jessied112, TMunz, MarkHB, caprice, Lisin, stacey, Machiabelly, TJtrack99), 0 to fold my laundry
1 jessied112 (CuriousParker), 10 to shoot for no real reason
1 photo fox (Hanged Man) 10 to bring light to the dark room

ETA: cross-post with Machiabelly

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great, I just spent a over a minute highlighting and bolding things, only to realize that the vote for No DL already went through when I saw the "0." That's fine, I was going to vote No DL anyway.

• Love 1

Night 1

Dragonstone
It was a dreary night at Dragonstone, the winds whipped around the castle as the storm brewed on. King Stannis and his Hand, Lord Davos the Onion Knight, were strategizing their next attempt on King’s Landing after the disastrous attack on Blackwater Bay.
“Your Grace, we need time to repair the ships. We cannot attack perennially. Restoration is certainly essential for another sea based battle as our fleet was devastated by wildfire.” Davos lamented, anxious to temper Stannis’s desire for urgent retribution.
Stannis returned tumultuously, “Lady Melisandre has promised that the Lord of Light will bring us victory if we are true and devoted. You must swear to me that your faith in the One True God is strong and that you have rejected The Seven. We shall vanquish the bastard usurper. I truly believe it.”
“That red woman! Your Grace, I support you, I believe in you, but the red woman is not to be trusted. I will follow you gladly, but I cannot give up my beliefs.”
“King Stannis will reclaim the Iron Throne, I have seen it in the fire, the Lord of Light will make it so.” Lady Melisandre stated coolly, arriving from seemingly nowhere. “Your doubt in Him will be shown false and you too will soon see the light and worship the One True God.”
“My Lady,” Davos muttered.
“Leave us Lord Davos,” Stannis replied. “Lady Melisandre and I will determine our strategy. You will await my orders.”
Outside The Red Keep
In the castle gardens, the Lady Olenna Tyrell and her gaggle of handmaidens sat working on their needlepoint, enjoying one of the last few days of summer sun.
“Girls, you must work faster. Do you wish for Lady Margaery to be without a suitable gown for her wedding to the king? I imagine not. Enough of your idle chatter, I find it thoroughly tiresome and an unnecessary distraction.”
Through the floral archway floated Lord Varys, “My Lady, what a pleasure to find you here. A beautiful place for a beautiful woman.”
“Ah, a spider. Come to speak of things heard from little birds? I've no time today for petty intrigues, haven’t you heard? There is to be a wedding.”
“Truly, a most important joining of houses. I do understand you have much to prepare for. However, I believe I have something that concerns us and indeed others who take an interest in matters of the realm. Some news regarding a mutual acquaintance whom true tragedy has befallen, yet which makes her a much more crucial figure in the greater scheme.”
“Us? Are we friends now my Lord Varys?”
“Perhaps better friends than most, my Lady.”
“Hmm, well if you are speaking of Sansa Stark, it is true that recent events have made a rather mundane girl far more intriguing.”
“Clearly, the Stark girl has become the key to the North; the remaining heir to Winterfell. My birds tell me that Littlefinger intends to take her to the Eyrie when he leaves King’s Landing. It is my belief that we must not allow that to happen.”
“If we are friends, surely you and Lord Baelish are as well. Am I to believe that you would work against one of your allies?”
“My lady, I have the utmost respect for Littlefinger. He is one of the most dangerous men in Westeros, but I have a greater interest in the realm. Littlefinger would see this country burn if he could but be king of the ashes.”
“Well then, perhaps it would be prudent if other arrangements were made.”
On the road somewhere outside The Twins
Arya stared blankly ahead as she rode, surrounded by numerous small woodlands, which dotted the landscape. These lands had seen blight numerous times through the centuries from battles and wars fought; once again they had suffered greatly since the War of The Five Kings had began. Yet she saw nothing, she was lost in another time, another place. A tinker passed by, his mule braying which jolted Arya out of her reverie.
"So what happens now?” she spat at The Hound, trying to push down her grief with anger.
"Well we won't bloody be returning to King’s Landing that’s for sure. Neither of us is safe there and I certainly ain’t just letting you go," barked the Hound. "Don't you have an aunt? Lady Arryn of The Eyrie? I suppose she'll pay a decent enough bounty to take your whiny backside off my hands. Although I reckon I’m getting the better deal".
"There is no one worse than you. Someday I will stab my sword through your eye and into your skull," she muttered; loathe to be stuck in the company of an enemy when she needed comfort. Not that she would ever admit to him she had that weakness.
"Aye, perhaps ye will. But for now you are swordless and we’re going to The Eyrie"

Still praying to the Old Gods & The New:
Oinky Boinky
MarkHB
Athena
stacey
Machiabelly
Hanged Man
Caprice
CuriousParker
TJtrack99
The Crazed Spruce
JayKay
SVNBob
BizBuzz
Drogo
jessied112
TMunz
writing dreamer
Lisin
Dougal
Photo Fox

There is one clue in this story.  Night officially begins now.  You have 24 hours to get your night actions in.

• Love 2

Caprice and I posted same time so my numbers are way off.

Caprice one word - caffeine- I usually chug it or chew it at first sign of migraine but it really works.

Caffeine is a vasodilator

Normally I'd be all over the caffeine thing as it has helped me survive some dreadful sinus headaches in the past. Of course, it turns out that most of those were migraines... Anyway, by the time I posted earlier, it was past the time of day I allow myself to ingest caffeine. I kinda like sleeping at night. ;-)

Honey Jack and Ginger please!

Oh, that sounds good. When I go to visit in a few weeks, I'll have to make sure my mother has ginger ale.

A proper Northern drink..

Would that be anything like Blood Wine?
  • Love 3

Oh, that sounds good. When I go to visit in a few weeks, I'll have to make sure my mother has ginger ale.

It's my favorite drink, though sometimes they go down a bit too easily ;).

• Love 2

Do we have a bartender?

Bourbon and coke please.

My friend, the only other game that HM played, I was co-mod for writingdreamer's Haunted House Heroes round, and he was taken out by the villains in the first night! As I recall, you were on that team....

Wait, was Mark responsible for killing me, lo those many many years ago and made me not interested in playing mafia?

• Love 3

I'm having a bottle of strawberry sparkletini. Which is the most ridiculous liquor I think I have ever purchased and I've bought beer that had marshmallows in it!

That sounds interesting. I do like strawberries! How was it?

• Love 3

Given that it was a very inexpensive bottle of sparkling strawberry wine it was not too bad. Tasted a bit like strawberry syrup. But would have been good with a cheese plate and some fresh fruit.

• Love 3

Given that it was a very inexpensive bottle of sparkling strawberry wine it was not too bad. Tasted a bit like strawberry syrup. But would have been good with a cheese plate and some fresh fruit.

That's kind of exactly what I imagined, which sounds like something fun for a "girls night" type thing. I generally don't drink wine because I'm all about the whiskey, but I have a soft spot for sweet sparkling wines, even if they're cheap ;)

• Love 3

That's kind of exactly what I imagined, which sounds like something fun for a "girls night" type thing. I generally don't drink wine because I'm all about the whiskey, but I have a soft spot for sweet sparkling wines, even if they're cheap ;)

We would be great drinking buds.

• Love 2

Can I interest either of you in some Fruli? It's a lovely Belgian white wheat beer that is infused with (natural) strawberry juice.

Who knew the way to your heart was through Cold Duck? ;)

You know the way to my heart. ;)

Even better, we have House Elves!

Do we have a bartender?
  • Love 4
(edited)
Can I interest either of you in some Fruli? It's a lovely Belgian white wheat beer that is infused with (natural) strawberry juice.

That sounds delightful. Will look for it at my local wall of beer! Edited by Lisin
Fixed quote
  • Love 2

That sounds quite delicious! I'm a fan of Lambics and that sounds similar. Yum. 

• Love 3

Oooh I like the sound of that one, may I join in? I'll also take a glass of egavasc's wine. #sozzled :p

• Love 4

Coffee.

Fucking snow. Fucking migraine. And m. caprice is on the road. Again....

And what I mean by like is sorry.

And what I mean by like is sorry.

And by "like" I mean, Thank you.

Where are you that it is snowing? I am in Victoria BC visiting my brother.

Lucky you! Victoria's beautiful. At least, what I've seen from pictures is beautiful. I've always wanted to go, but have been too busy/lazy to check ferry schedules every time I've ever been in That Vancouver. I'm in Winterpeg-South.

Oh, one of my neighbors came over with his snow blower and cleared the sidewalk and my driveway. I owe him cupcakes.

• Love 5

Sorry to hear that caprice. I know Manitobans have it very bad.

I'm in Ontario so it was -27C with windchill for me this morning. Lovely!

Winter needs to end. Why isn't there a GoT House with a motto that is "Summer is Coming"? That's how I console myself every day now.

• Love 4

Sorry to hear that caprice. I know Manitobans have it very bad.

I'm in Ontario so it was -27C with windchill for me this morning. Lovely!

Winter needs to end. Why isn't there a GoT House with a motto that is "Summer is Coming"? That's how I console myself every day now.

And yet, I'm not in Manitoba. I'm a USian who spent 11 years living in the GTA and am now back in the US.

-27C with the wind is insane. We're just below freezing right now, but hopefully it will rain tomorrow and wash all this crap away.

• Love 3