Type keyword(s) to search

Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CP that reminds me of a time running with friends past a huge manure pile and a fly landed on me. Me or the manure pile. I was miffed.

HAHAHAHAHA!  That makes me laugh.  Sorry. 

GoT theme song... a.k.a. my "Home" ringtone. 

I'm so embarrassing. 

I've never heard the GoT theme song, but I thought TJ was doing the bass line for "Under Pressure," by Queen with David Bowie.

(I went to a concert a couple of years ago where our local symphony did this show with Jeans 'n' Classics... hearing "Under Pressure" played with a full orchestral string section is truly impressive.)

• Love 4

You read "Dum dum dum dudududum" on a GoT thread and thought of David Bowie, so I'm probably never gonna get you.  But I can get you a drink.  

Barkeep- a China Girl for my new friend TJtrack99.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 5

Ooh, that sounds even better than whatever it was I had at the pub last night! I'll have a China Girl, too!

Drogo, it helps to know that a bunch of us have known each other since the Heroes forum was live over at TWoP. Sometimes I think that Mark and TJ share a brain.

• Love 3

Drogo, it helps to know that a bunch of us have known each other since the Heroes forum was live over at TWoP. Sometimes I think that Mark and TJ share a brain.

That's a looooooooong time ago, before Hayden Panetierre started pushing out Ivan Drago babies and singing country music.  I read the forums at TWoP but never posted.  It's good that you were all able to bring the conversation to PTV.  

*No one needs an entire brain to themselves.  We only use, what, 20% anyway?  

• Love 3

Day 3
In the Tower of the Hand
Lord Tywin Lannister slept fitfully. His mind was troubled with thoughts of his family; his grandson Joffrey was certainly an appalling king, but there was no desirable or even acceptable alternative. His small council, like Robert’s before him, preferred appeasement to actual ruling. They just thought rascals and cowardly kings walked hand in hand. Likewise his youngest son, who in his opinion was not only an ill-made, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning, but was also a thoroughly inept Master of Coin. For all of the scholarly reading Tyrion did, his knowledge of economics was deplorable. On the bright side, it was good to have Littlefinger away from the royal coffers. Tywin frequently tossed and turned over the crown's debt to the Iron Bank of Braavos, sold out several million gold dragons at a time by Lord Baelish. It seemed that no one in King’s Landing knew how to do anything other than appease the royals. Such gratuitous spending would have to cease if Joffrey wished to remain the king on the Iron Throne, despite the difficulties that might present. The dissenting, potentially revolting peasants (in both definitions of the word), the lack of allegiant knights and Tyrion’s penchant for sellswords. One should never rely on men whose loyalty could be bought. Indeed, the many troubles of the realm often kept Tywin awake at night. He refused to use milk of the poppy to aid his rest, never one to risk safety for comfort regardless of the guards always outside his door.
This night, of all nights, that decision would be a blessing and a curse. Tywin sat up startled as the outer door creaked open. He had oft lamented the sound of the door, wishing for some semblance of peace and quiet in his current abode. Tonight it awoke him to an intruder; Ser Axell Florent, loyal bannerman of King Stannis, who had been sent on a mission he’d gleefully accepted. He quickly made his way to the bedchamber, arriving before the older man could even get to his feet. With one quick slash, Ser Axell made a deep and fatal slice through the Hand’s gut hissing, “It’s time the Lannisters paid their debts.”  The knight left the now gagged Tywin to his drawn out demise, silently passing the slain guards on his way out of the castle. Hours later, in his final moments, Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport, Warden of the West, and Hand of the King, wondered whether the legacy he'd worked so hard to build would endure.

Somewhere outside of King’s Landing
Tyrion was in search of his brother and his sellsword. It had been his idea to have Bronn teach Jaime to fight with his left hand. Bronn was ruthless, but he could be relied upon to keep a secret. Now there was business to attend to and neither man could be found. Tyrion headed to the secluded area by the bay, where Jaime would train out of sight of prying eyes, hoping that they were still there. It was a long walk and the small man was not eager to continue his search after trekking all that way outside the city. It was a journey he’d had to take alone for the sake of discretion, rather than use his usual litter. When he at last reached the small yet adequate promontory, no activity was taking place, he was alone. Stopping to rest before continuing the search, he took a seat on one of the rocks overlooking the azure waters. “By the gods, it’s beautiful here,” he absently thought. He so rarely had time to appreciate the magnificent scenery, preoccupied with concerns of the realm. Had he paid more attention, he would have seen the large figure looming on the horizon. The black beast swooped down and plucked the dwarf from his stony perch. Tossing him high into the bright blue sky, the majestic dragon opened his jaws, lit Tyrion aflame, and swallowed him whole.

In the hands of The Silent Sisters
Lisin - Davos (House words: Unknown), Villain Baratheon, Protector:
You are Lord Davos Seaworth, aka the Onion Knight, and loyal supporter of the one true King Stannis Baratheon. A former smuggler, always prepared to tell it like it is, you have become one of the king’s most trusted advisors, the Hand of the King, although you differ on religious grounds. His Grace raised your status and family from nothing to knighthood. As such, you would die to protect him and his claim to the throne. Should he be targeted for attack, you will take his place. As an advisor to the King, you will help him choose whom to target on his path to the Iron Throne.

Hanged Man - Melisandre, Villain Baratheon
You are the Lady Melisandre, Priestess of the Lord of Light and advisor to the true King Stannis Baratheon. You have converted His Grace to the faith of the one true God the Lord of Light. As Priestess of the Lord of Light, you have magics that are otherwise unknown in Westeros and you work to support Stannis as a means of spreading your faith. Your ability to see what others cannot grants you the knowledge of one person per night. Should you discover the Spider or Littlefinger, you can bring them to your side. You also may help King Stannis choose whom to target on his quest to reign over all of Westeros. You cannot win without Stannis. Protect him at all costs. If Stannis should fall you cannot win the throne, your mission will then be to prevent the villains from winning it. Upon your death, the Lord of Light will transfer your powers to another member of your team.

Oinky Boinky - Tywin - (House words: Hear Me Roar) Villain Investigator Lannister
You are Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport, Warden of the West, and Hand of the King. The patriarch of House Lannister, it is your ruthless pragmatism that has elevated your house to the most powerful in the kingdom with your grandson on the throne. Despite disgusting rumors of Joffrey’s illegitimacy, you are determined to leave a legacy, by keeping a 'Lannister' king on The Iron Throne, at any cost. On odd numbered nights, you and the other members of your house may target an enemy. Victory can be achieved only when you outnumber the lesser nobles and have vanquished the pretenders to the Iron Throne. You also may seek out the role of one person per night, looking for either Littlefinger or Varys the Spider; both of whom have access to valuable information. Beware! Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen is also making a claim on the Iron Throne.

Dougal - Tyrion (House words: Hear Me Roar) Hero, Investigator
You are Tyrion Lannister, former Hand of the King and Master of Coin. Often referred to as ‘The Imp’, a name you are not fond of, your dwarfism has profoundly affected your life. Hated by most of your family for causing the death of your mother, you’ve developed a thick skin and use your scathing wit to deflect cruelty. Your intellect and political savvy have helped keep the Lannisters in power, but you can no longer endure the disrespect and constant betrayals of your family. Now you endeavor for the Heroes, seeking out villains to ensure the safety and well being of the common man rather than the sadistic King Joffrey. You may investigate one person per night. Should you discover either Lord Varys the Spider or Peytr Baelish aka Littlefinger, you will recruit them to your side and access their valuable information.

Still praying to the Old Gods & The New:
MarkHB
Athena
stacey
Machiabelly
caprice
CuriousParker
TJtrack99
The Crazed Spruce
JayKay
SVNBob
BizBuzz
Drogo
jessied112
TMunz
writing dreamer
photo fox

There is one clue in the day story. Happy hunting! 

• Love 2

Another villain bites the dust!! *credit to TJ for putting Queen in my head*

What a way to go, Dougal. You'll be avenged!

I'm going to re-read this story, but I think I found something in last night's!

• Love 2

Damn that was a good story. Going to digest it a bit more before giving me 2 to 5 cents.  

So this Dragon didn't eat the Caramelized Onion Knight, but it eats Tyrion?  Tyrion's not a meal, he's an amuse bouche.  

I guess the moral of the story is... if you're a character looking for the Spider or Littlefinger, you gon' die.  

ETA:  This story is so good I'm having a hard time pulling clues out.  PTV deaths trump HBO deaths.  

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2
On odd numbered nights, you and the other members of your house may target an enemy.

O_O

So there's three factions of villains. The Lannisters, Stannis and Dany. Okay...that's not daunting at all.

his usual litter

Earlier we had purred and now we have litter.

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 1

For me, one of the most memorable Greek myths is that of how Medusa came to be the horrifying creature she did.  

Medusa was a beautiful (mortal) priestess when Poseidon took a liking to her.  Ignoring her priestess vows of chastity, he decided to rape Medusa in the temple where she served.  

The goddess the temple was built to honor was so disgusted by Medusa's rape (because she was an OG Victim Shamer) that she turned Medusa into a hideous creature whose gaze would turn any man to stone.  

[That goddess was Athena.]

“By the gods, it’s beautiful here,”

took a seat on one of the rocks

plucked the dwarf from his stony perch

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

Drogo, really? We are in Westeros where there are many stones and many Gods.

I am a hero this time. I even have a sword and everything. Also, someone to back me up (if they aren't busy in the next 48hours to come in...)

For the story: I guess Dany strikes again. She is very good as I am thinking she is directing these dragon attacks or the dragon is the SK.

• Love 2

You know something, Drogo? That goes right in line with something I thought I saw last night.

He could no longer sit and wait while the Lannister bastard ruled from the throne that was rightfully his by all the laws of gods & men.

The reason this jumped out at me was because it is the only time I've ever seen egavasc use an ampersand.

So yeah, I'm looking at Athena. Anyone else have thoughts?

• Love 2

The mention of the term "economics" strikes me as a little out of place. Athena is the Goddess of Mathematics. Coincidence?

Eta - the "purred" and "litter" look like good clues as well. Hmmm....

• Love 2

Apollo was the god of mathematics.

I'm looking at Jessie really.

Honestly, you'll regret it if you try and lynch me. I'll add you all to my bed time list. I hold grudges.

• Love 2

I'm just going by Wikipedia. I'm awful at mythology. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena

That's interesting about the ampersand. Does that trigger anything for anyone? It's a ligature, which of course has many meanings. Including dealing with strangling, which has been mentioned in other stories. We David Lynched Hanged Man based on that, and he was a villain, but maybe that was luck?

Eta - fixed spelling on ampersand. My high school grammar is a little rusty.

• Love 2

Tyriooon noooooo! R.I.P. Dougal.

As TMunz said, according to Tywin's obit it seems there's three non-hero teams. Can someone maybe put together some numbers of what we might be up against here? I need to reread Dougal's posts, too.

I thought the Hanged Man clues were dubious because of the nature of the story but he turned out to be totally evil, so the Athena clues might be the real deal. And keep in mind that Oinky Boinky was after jessie, and she was a villain.

But if there's potentially three baddie groups, OB could have been intentionally targeting another villain since we now know they were an investigator. This is madness!

• Love 2

OinkyBoinky really had it in for jessied during the last vote, and voted for her in the first vote as well but changed to "avoid a deadlock."  And let's be real, Tywin was the baddest baddie that ever baddied.  

These stories are too well written for clues to be in-our-face obvious.  

Honestly, you'll regret it if you try and lynch me. I'll add you all to my bed time list. I hold grudges.

See now I really want to.

And since it looks like I may be heading out of state this weekend, I'll get this here party started... 

1 to DL Athena (Drogo), 8 to laminate Arya Stark's 'People to Kill' list

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

ETA:  This story is so good I'm having a hard time pulling clues out.  PTV deaths trump HBO deaths.

It's only because in my hands, the dragons can kill more than goats.

• Love 6

While I can appreciate that you are heading out of town, @Drogo, I'm a little more hesitant to join in a DL quite this soon; by my reckoning, we have 44 1/2 hours, and while I have no problem bringing a DL to a close before that, I want at least 24 hours to hear what folks have to say, and what other clues they may find.

That said, at the moment, I am seeing the strongest possible clues do seem to indicate either and @Athena. And it certainly does seem that we have at least three different 'Villain'ious factions to deal with.

Now, it's Friday night, so I'm off to have some RL refreshments. But I'll be back around at some point tomorrow to see what others have to say.

• Love 2

The way things were going last night, I really thought I would have seen a lynch when I got up this morning.  I am so happy the blood-thirst was contained, at least for a brief period of time.

I know past game play shouldn't factor in how one plays the game that is underfoot at the moment, but I will say that in an earlier game I tried to connect Athena to a goddess reference, and it fell flat, and I ended up being lynched myself.  I am wary of placing that accusation.  But only for the moment.  For the right price, I am sure I can be persuaded.  And I must say that saying: Honestly, you'll regret it if you try and lynch me was a bit harsh.  Not the act of a hero.

I do see how we have 3 categories of villains ... Lannisters, Baratheons, and Dany (not a villain, but a SK, and not sure of the rule of the game-play of this character but I am thinking they have investigative power to make sure they have the person they want before they kill) ... we quite possibly have villains going after villains, and not just to quiet a trail, but legitimately looking for villains to kill. <--- did that make sense, it does in my head.

I am sad to say that I will be gone for around 12 hours today as I have a 9-10 hour drive ahead of me and so will not be around if things get a little heated.  I wish I had something to offer in the way of a clue, however, the story is so well done I am having a hard time with it.

I will say this ... last night I watched the infamous episode that contained The Red Wedding ... I happened to tune into it right after I saw the story.  My brain is a mangled mess of grief and shock and so finding clues is very low priority for me.  I didn't know what was coming.  I knew there would be death, but not in the manner in which I saw it.  I am having trouble separating what I saw and what is in the story.  ::giggle::

• Love 3

While I can appreciate that you are heading out of town, @Drogo, I'm a little more hesitant to join in a DL quite this soon; by my reckoning, we have 44 1/2 hours, and while I have no problem bringing a DL to a close before that, I want at least 24 hours to hear what folks have to say, and what other clues they may find.

That said, at the moment, I am seeing the strongest possible clues do seem to indicate either and @Athena. And it certainly does seem that we have at least three different 'Villain'ious factions to deal with.

Now, it's Friday night, so I'm off to have some RL refreshments. But I'll be back around at some point tomorrow to see what others have to say.

I agree that we should take full advantage of the time we have. Then again, I've said that before. I'm just glad that the vote that hurried through was on a villain.

The way things were going last night, I really thought I would have seen a lynch when I got up this morning.  I am so happy the blood-thirst was contained, at least for a brief period of time.

I know past game play shouldn't factor in how one plays the game that is underfoot at the moment, but I will say that in an earlier game I tried to connect Athena to a goddess reference, and it fell flat, and I ended up being lynched myself.  I am wary of placing that accusation.  But only for the moment.  For the right price, I am sure I can be persuaded.  And I must say that saying: Honestly, you'll regret it if you try and lynch me was a bit harsh.  Not the act of a hero.

I do see how we have 3 categories of villains ... Lannisters, Baratheons, and Dany (not a villain, but a SK, and not sure of the rule of the game-play of this character but I am thinking they have investigative power to make sure they have the person they want before they kill) ... we quite possibly have villains going after villains, and not just to quiet a trail, but legitimately looking for villains to kill. <--- did that make sense, it does in my head.

Biz, I'd only compare clues from previous games if they were by the same mod. Even then, I'd weigh them carefully since roles are theoretically random. The reason I have for looking at the 'goddess' references, even given the theme of this round, is that there seems to be something uneven about them. Also, that ampersand just gets me since egavasc doesn't normally use them.

I know photo fox brought up the ampersand as ligature, but we've already taken Hanged Man out of the equation, and I don't see it applying to anyone else. Am I missing something?

So, talk? We have people looking at Athena and jessie.

• Love 2

Honestly? I don't think characterizing the last David Lynch as hurried is fair. I saw what I thought was a solid clue, combined with something that happened in the night, and I suggested a lynch. And I was right.

My apologies if my desire for a quick revenge led me to act out of turn. I'm fairly new to this still. I was excited to get to actually add something to the game, for once.

Anyway, nothing really is standing out to me, except for the ampersand, economics, and the litter, which have all already been mentioned.

• Love 2

*pops in*

Hello! First of all, aww man Dougal! You will be missed! But at least another Villain is gone. I do have to point out, yet again, that I am a hero. Furthermore, Oinky Boinky, a now known villain, did gun for me since day 1 for some inexplicable reason so at least that can be reassurance that I'm probably not a Villain (which I definitely am NOT). So, I am very much willing to help get rid of another possible villain. So, people think it's Athena? I can go back on some previous stories and see if anything else points to Athena; I would feel more comfortable with a bit more evidence, but I'm also game if people feel it's enough to go on a lynch. 

• Love 2

Honestly? I don't think characterizing the last David Lynch as hurried is fair. I saw what I thought was a solid clue, combined with something that happened in the night, and I suggested a lynch. And I was right.

My apologies if my desire for a quick revenge led me to act out of turn. I'm fairly new to this still. I was excited to get to actually add something to the game, for once.

Anyway, nothing really is standing out to me, except for the ampersand, economics, and the litter, which have all already been mentioned.

No, you're right that you presented solid clues. What was hurried was the rush of votes. We still had a full day to discuss things, and that's what bothered me.

"Revenge," though, makes no sense to me since the first person eliminated was a villain.

Anyway, I know what you mean about being excited to find something in the story. I might be in that boat, too!

Before I forget, Drogo did start a vote against Athena, but I'm happy to let it sit for a while in favor of more discussion.

• Love 2

You'll be losing a hero. Life is harsh in Westeros. I know.

• Love 2

An ampersand would be considered a punctuation Mark, no?

Not really, no.

Yes, writingdreamer, we have until 6:30 on Sunday, our time. Believe me, I'm still looking for stuff.

• Love 3

You read "Dum dum dum dudududum" on a GoT thread and thought of David Bowie, so I'm probably never gonna get you.  But I can get you a drink.

In my case, I will never read that baseline and not think of John Deacon.

Are you saying to protect photofox? What is your rationale?

Photo fox's "reasons" implied to some of us that she has investigative powers. Unfortunately, your asking the question drew the attention of your rivals in House Baratheon, which got you dead.

Not every attempt is successful.

I've been steeping myself in ampersand lore, and something just smacked me in the face. An ampersand would be considered a punctuation Mark, no?

In theory, but not in this case since they're not throwing out clues for heroes, you photogenic vixen.

So, going by the theory of between ¼ and ¹/₃ villains, and 20 players overall, I think we started with 2 teams of 3 villains, Lannisters and Baratheons, plus Dany as a SK using her dragons to off people.  That would leave us with two Lannisters and one Baratheon (Stannis), plus Dany, plus Varys and Littlefinger if they have not already been found.

I am not sure of the lynch yet, but I think either Athena or WD (who is vouching for her) bear investigating, for several reasons.

• Love 3

Huh. Well from what I understand, Tyrion is one of the best parts of the show. RIP Dougal. I'm gonna re-read his posts several times to make sure we didn't miss anything. And it looks like the Baratheons took out one of the Lannisters for us, which is awesome!

Obviously I don't know what these mods are doing, but most of the time the SK is just shooting blind. It'd be great if one of the Villainous factions took out the dragons for us. We don't need more burnination.

As for what I thought was a clue, "gleefully" stood out to me, just because GoT doesn't seem like an overly gleeful show. But there's no real good connections there - on Glee there's a character named jess(i)e, and actors named Mark and Jay(ma)...but I don't like those as clues. (Those are like clues I'd write, HA!)

I'm torn on the clues for jessie and Athena. But Athena has WD backing her up...but I don't know many mason pairs the mods would have put in...

I'm willing to vote once we get a check-in from everybody. Looks like we're still a few short...

• Love 3

Sorry, my work schedule is kinda screwy this week.  Haven't had a chance to check in.  Or a reason, for that matter, 'cause I don't have anything to contribute.  I couldn't pick out any clues on my own, and the ones pointing to Athena seem as valid as any.  But writingdreamer vouching for her gives me pause.

I'll check back in later, see if any inspiration strikes me.

• Love 3

Turns out these mountains have better cell service than they did last time I was here.

TJ, Tyrion is easily the best part of the show. RIP Dougal- he was one of the only people alive who could've made Westeros a better place. He had the mind, the will, and the right last name.

• Love 2