Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: James B.'s Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

"I need something to help me deal with the pain. I'll have the #5 meal, please."

So...does the #5 meal come with a serving of Advil sauce? Because I'm pretty sure a cheeseburger is non-curative for pain.

Wait a minute - I went thru the Detroit airport a few months ago and the walk with baggage about killed me. On the way back home, I got a wheelchair (apparently they don't use the golf carts, which would have been fine). Why didn't he get assistance? That's what it's there for. I've had to get help a couple of times over the years, and with what they charge for a ticket, they should have carried me on a litter with little girls throwing roses in front of me.  Get help when you need it and stop complaining!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

Wait a minute - I went thru the Detroit airport a few months ago and the walk with baggage about killed me. On the way back home, I got a wheelchair (apparently they don't use the golf carts, which would have been fine). Why didn't he get assistance? That's what it's there for. I've had to get help a couple of times over the years, and with what they charge for a ticket, they should have carried me on a litter with little girls throwing roses in front of me.  Get help when you need it and stop complaining!

Janine had an army of people helping her and this guy got on the airplane completely alone (besides mom).  At least Janine had both her legs.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lizz said:

I’d say most people are staring because of the cameras following him.  

He sure does complain a lot. 

You have to wonder if he ever watched this show. He certainly doesn’t look as bad as some of the people who have been on the show. No one seems to be staring at him. I wonder how much of it is all in his head.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
Just now, Lizz said:

What do they do when these huge people need to use the bathroom on the plane?  

I don’t see how they could fit. I also wouldn’t want to be on an elevator with him.  

They hold it? Maybe some use a diaper. I'm afraid to ask. And I hate elevators period. I'm claustrophobic. I don't want to be on one with anyone. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lizz said:

What do they do when these huge people need to use the bathroom on the plane?  

I don’t see how they could fit. I also wouldn’t want to be on an elevator with him.  

They either use depends or probably don't drink anything.  No idea how strong these people's bladders are but a three hour flight is somewhat manageable regarding using the bathroom.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

You have to wonder if he ever watched this show. He certainly doesn’t look as bad as some of the people who have been on the show. No one seem to be staring at him. I wonder how much of it is all in his head.

Agree. I see people way worse than him at airports. People are just plain slobs these days!

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Love 4

Maybe the likes of James K., Pauline, and others have jaded me, but I'm still failing to see LB as a that obese for this show.

2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

"I need something to help me deal with the pain. I'll have the #5 meal, please."

So...does the #5 meal come with a serving of Advil sauce? Because I'm pretty sure a cheeseburger is non-curative for pain.

I can remember as a child being offered cookies / ice cream / other treats when I hurt myself.  It’s a terrible association for children to learn and some people never let go of it.  Food does NOT cure pain (except in very limited circumstances which I’m pretty sure don’t apply here).

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

They hold it? Maybe some use a diaper. I'm afraid to ask. And I hate elevators period. I'm claustrophobic. I don't want to be on one with anyone. 

I hate them too. I had a large man get in with me at a hotel and the elevator actually dropped a few inches.  Never again.  

I saw someone have to get a seatbelt extender on a plane, but they were crammed into one small seat. 

• Love 2

"I'm a little disappointed because I'd thought I'd get approved for WLS today."

Guess LB has never seen an episode of the show he consented to appear on.

Just now, Kid said:

At least he appears to be very self-aware.

He did say about Dr. Now being his last hope “because I won’t stop eating.” I thought that was interesting. Most others seem to say “I can’t stop eating” as if they have no control over themselves. 

• Love 7

"I drank some of it because I couldn't waste it."  Probably not the right thing to do, but I understand. : ) I don't drink, but if someone told me to dump the diet Pepsi, yeah, I'd knock back a few before trashing the rest.

• Love 6

As far as the free seat in the plane....maybe the show purchased it. They must have had to buy seats for the camera crew. On the other hand the show would perhaps preferred someone sit next to him for the drama. 

These people's mindsets truly crack me up

Janine: "I had trouble getting on the airplane because I hadn't eaten."

Karina: "I got heartburn because I didn't eat anything."

LB/James B: "I drank the beer so I wouldn't waste it"  "I'm in so much pain I need to eat" 

• Love 8

So, his actions after he came out of the doctors office about his leg is a prime example of the insanity they talk about in 12 step programs. He just got told his leg is going to break, they can’t make him a new one, and he stops and orders enough food to feed three people.

• Love 12

I'd really like to see him succeed.  He's shockingly mobile even walking around an airport with a huge duffle bag, unassisted by a walker, cane, nothing.  (Just heard catch phase "turn my life around"!).  Can't believe he's that heavy.  Only thing going for him is that he's so young. 

• Love 6

The self pity is really grating on my nerves.

Has he never heard of getting exercise in a pool?

Had to drink the beer so it wouldn't go to waste. Really? I used to think like that, when I was actively drinking.

"Nothing ever works out for me RIGHT NOW, so I am going to give up."

• Love 5