Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: We Fall

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

CJ didn't say it was a stray arrow. He just said he missed his target. Literally the dialogue is

That doesn't say it's an errant arrow that randomly hit an innocent.

We've never heard of one of Oliver's arrows going stray and hitting an innocent person. IMO that would have been something noted in the show which would have seriously eaten up Oliver. And if someone died by an errant arrow from the Green Arrow surely that would have been in the news or somehow something would have been made of it.

At that time, Oliver thought he was killing  Prometheus. So that's why I'm thinking Billy is Cayden's son. It's also not been said that Cayden has only one son, that I can recollect, (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm trying to think back to what happened on Jan 25, 2017? That was the episode following the mid season finale of s5 when Oliver accidentally killed Billy.  What I don't know is how much time elapsed between that and the Jan 25 episode.

I'm putting in my back pocket that Billy is Cayden's son. 

He said Oliver didn't hit his intended target. That means the arrow went astray, which means it was a stray arrow.  A stray arrow is one that missed the intended target. If it helps, think of it as actual targets on an archery range instead of people. If Oliver has a brief moment of color blindness and thinks he's aiming at a red target(Prometheus) but that target is actually green (Billy) when he hits that target he still hit his intended target no matter what color it is because his arrow went to the place he aimed it. If he aimed at a red target but hit a green target five feet to the left he missed his intended target, and his arrow went astray. 

We've never heard of one of Oliver's arrows going astray and hitting an innocent person because it's never happened. Cayden was lied to. Oliver didn't kill his son. 

Billy is entirely unconnected to this situation based on the information we have now. Cayden gave Oliver the exact day and city he believes Oliver killed his son. Felicity specifically said Oliver wasn't in that place on that day. It doesn't matter how much time passed between Oliver killing Billy and supposedly killed Owen because it happened on different days. If Billy was another son of Cayden's, Cayden would have told Oliver that he killed Cayden's son in the day that Billy died. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 1

Finally watched the episode. Not much to say that others haven't already said.

Council man with toilet  paper, who drives off and doesn't remove it. Pike death poorly  done.  What else is new.  Did the doctor die? 

Still hate the  noobs. There is no coming  back for me. This episode sealed the deal. They are so arrogant. Rene reminds me of a client, does something and takes no accountability, blames other people and takes no responsibility for his actions. This daughter excuse is bogus.  If he cared so much for his daughter he would stop being WD. If something was to happen to him where would she go? She was in foster care because of his own actions and she will end up there again because of his actions not Oliver Queen or OTA. 

Vince, I hate to say it but I don't care because the show for me has not made me care. DD still don't care though the cry for the first time was  well used.

Curtis I hate with a thousand suns. I will never warm up to him.  He is an ass.

I never thought I would be OK with William, but his scenes with Felicity were great. Question why didn't he just use the handle on the school bus door instead of kicking it. The door was not damaged. 

Delicity I love , this is the way it should always be. Olicity was adorable. 

Now for the best scene in the episode  and for me the series. That was beautifully acted by both, directed and the words were great.  It gave a real insight on how it is to love someone in this lifestyle and not to take each day and that person for granted.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

I never thought I would be OK with William, but his scenes with Felicity were great. Question why didn't he just use the handle on the school bus door instead of kicking it. The door was not damaged. 

Because he's Oliver Queen's son. His middle name isn't Jonas. It's Drama. 

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

He said Oliver didn't hit his intended target. That means the arrow went astray, which means it was a stray arrow.  A stray arrow is one that missed the intended target. If it helps, think of it as actual targets on an archery range instead of people. If Oliver has a brief moment of color blindness and thinks he's aiming at a red target(Prometheus) but that target is actually green (Billy) when he hits that target he still hit his intended target no matter what color it is because his arrow went to the place he aimed it. If he aimed at a red target but hit a green target five feet to the left he missed his intended target, and his arrow went astray. 

Hasn't Oliver generally always accounted for the whereabouts of his arrows? If he was not seeing clearly, I would think he would have double checked on where an arrow ended up or if he was color blind (which it's never been implied he has that problem).

I think there is room for my interpretation as well as yours of that dialogue. We'll see how it all unfolds.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You brought up a good point, @ladylaw99 about the toilet paper. I’ll add and say who toilet papers a councilman’s car? I’ve heard of and seen doing it to a teacher’s car, because it’s what we did during my high school years, but a politician/councilman?

He seemed like a bit of a tool. The neighborhood kids probably just thought he was a jerk. 

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Hasn't Oliver generally always accounted for the whereabouts of his arrows? If he was not seeing clearly, I would think he would have double checked on where an arrow ended up or if he was color blind (which it's never been implied he has that problem).

I think there is room for my interpretation as well as yours of that dialogue. We'll see how it all unfolds.

This is a joke, right?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

This is a joke, right?

I am absolutely serious that I think it could be Billy and I've explained why. Feel free to think I'm an idiot for my theory, but I'm not trolling nor joking.

12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I am absolutely serious that I think it could be Billy and I've explained why. Feel free to think I'm an idiot for my theory, but I'm not trolling nor joking.

I'm not talking about your theory. I've already explained why I think it's wrong. I'm talking about your comment about Oliver being color blind. That was clearly an entirely hypothetical situation that I made up to illustrate my explanation for what constitutes a stray arrow. 

8 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I'm not talking about your theory. I've already explained why I think it's wrong. I'm talking about your comment about Oliver being color blind. That was clearly an entirely hypothetical situation that I made up to illustrate my explanation for what constitutes a stray arrow. 

Oh. My mistake. Clearly I didn't get that you meant it as a hypothetical. My apologies for not understanding that. Again, not trolling just not getting what you were doing. Sorry

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I think you are right that there would be room for interpretation of the dialogue but so far, we don't have any reason to think they meant it to be interpreted as a case of mistaken identity shooting instead of the stray arrow theory.  Billy would make it the mistaken identity theory, but he died a month before when Oliver is accused of killing James's son.  For it to be Billy, it would have to mean that the info sent to Cayden James was correct about Oliver killing his son but completely wrong about when...and why would they be off about the date? 

By the time the packet of info was sent to James in May, all the details about Billy's death had already come out and the Green Arrow publically took blame for Billy's accidental death so no one would have needed to send Cayden a secret missive about it.  

I don't think I understand how the 2nd son comes into your theory.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I have to go with what was shown/said on screen. James said 1 year ago today in Star City. Oliver later points out that he was in Hub City at that time, so he couldn't have accidentally killed James' son.

Now who killed Owen, is a good question, Chase? Evelyn? Talia? 

I'm really dreading some huge reveal that Chase was 11 Billion Steps ahead, not only did he know who James was but, knew his son, knew Helix would bust him put of Argus prison, and knew how to reach him with someone sort of deadman's plan.

I'd rather Owen be an accident that Talia later capitalized on after escaping the Island. 

• Love 3

if they really want to throw us something out of left field, they could have Owen be the one who framed Oliver. Have Cayden not be as great a father as he claims, and this is all a twisted revenge plot with Cayden as the target and Oliver is just collateral. They can insert some quasi philosophical commentary on bad fathers and draw some kind of parallel between Oliver as a son and Owen as a son. Maybe make it into a lesson for Oliver on what kind of father he wants to be. That sounds like something they'd get a kick out of. 

• Love 6
Just now, Hiveminder said:

if they really want to throw us something out of left field, they could have Owen be the one who framed Oliver. Have Cayden not be as great a father as he claims, and this is all a twisted revenge plot with Cayden as the target and Oliver is just collateral. They can insert some quasi philosophical commentary on bad fathers and draw some kind of parallel between Oliver as a son and Owen as a son. Maybe make it into a lesson for Oliver on what kind of father he wants to be. That sounds like something they'd get a kick out of. 

THAT would be super awesome. Make it happen!

28 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Taking to spoiler thread.

Question: is there a reason Curtis had to call Felicity to check out Vince’s intel that I’m not thinking of/I missed? Why couldn’t he do that himself? Other than I guess getting Felicity to look at the city’s transportation/make them realize William was in trouble, from Curtis’ standpoint, all it did was have him be all, “we don’t need your help even though I did just need your help.”

• Love 6
11 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Question: is there a reason Curtis had to call Felicity to check out Vince’s intel that I’m not thinking of/I missed? Why couldn’t he do that himself? Other than I guess getting Felicity to look at the city’s transportation/make them realize William was in trouble, from Curtis’ standpoint, all it did was have him be all, “we don’t need your help even though I did just need your help.”

Because Curtis was so busy making their new Lair look cool he didn't bother hacking into anything to help him look for issues?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

Video from 6x04 - starting midway through, you can watch when Felicity and Alena return to the old Helix headquarters. It looks like Helix removed all of the portable computers and equipment when they left, but they didn't remove the big wall screens...

(Legends-SuperFlarrow 423)

Of course, we still don't know who owns that building and who is paying the hefty electric bills.

Also, can we please note the fact that Cayden James attacked Felicity and Alena in his old Helix headquarters? How can he not be keeping that facility under some kind of surveillance?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

If Vince is supposed to be good, why did he hold Oliver down and allow him to be killed? If Oliver didn't escape he would be dead.

Also, im just to tired of Oliver doing excactly what the villain wants. Again, he WANTED ppl to go to the safezones. He knew Oliver would issue that order.

If Vince didn't tell the noobs all those ppl would be dead now. 

Can this cliche of Oliver doing excactly what the villain wants pls stop??

• Love 2

And my anger at whoever's running these Twitter accounts continues. "Always"? Really? That caption belongs with an OTA clip, not a newbies one.

Hey, I even have the perfect clip they could've used from this episode: Oliver and Diggle in the tunnel, getting the people out and rescuing William. UGH. 

Also, why another tweet promoting the newbies, CW? 

• Love 16

I feel like I've said this before, but it bares repeating. Stop trying to make Newbies happen, show. Its not going to happen. 

Despite the official Twitter still trying to push the stupid Newbies, my heart is warmed by the fact that the overwhelming number of fans commenting on the tweets are singing the praises of OTA. 

• Love 3

I was so tempted to respond to that tweet of theirs but I've been gently scolded by friends who say any engagement with those kinds of tweets is measured as buzz, doesn't really matter if it's positive or negative for the n00bs or OTA focused. These guys work in social media but not for entertainment clients so I wonder if it's the same thing. 

I wonder if this falls under what @quarks was talking about the use of likeness. They can't/don't want to promote the clip with Felicity's speech because it would cost more?

I see posters here, and characters - or at least Dinah - wondering if Vigilante could be good, or be redeemed.  I could swear that I remember him either killing a cop (not a crooked one) or allowing said cop to die, and dismissing the death to Dinah as "collateral damage."  Am I remembering that wrong?  I don't think there's any coming back from that.

I agree with everyone else about the other new characters vs the original ones.  As so many have explained, their argument doesn't make any sense.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Al Herkimer said:

I see posters here, and characters - or at least Dinah - wondering if Vigilante could be good, or be redeemed.  I could swear that I remember him either killing a cop (not a crooked one) or allowing said cop to die, and dismissing the death to Dinah as "collateral damage."  Am I remembering that wrong?  I don't think there's any coming back from that.

I'm pretty sure you're right(and even if he never actually killed one, he was more than willing to shoot at them last year while trying to kill Oliver) and agree that there's no coming back from that. Accidentally killing a cop would be one thing but dismissing it as "collateral damage" is horrible and should have been an uncrossable line for Dinah, the cop. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I'm pretty sure you're right(and even if he never actually killed one, he was more than willing to shoot at them last year while trying to kill Oliver) and agree that there's no coming back from that. Accidentally killing a cop would be one thing but dismissing it as "collateral damage" is horrible and should have been an uncrossable line for Dinah, the cop. 

I suspect that thus he will earn not a true redemption so much as once something happens to him (I assume) then Dinah and co will be allowed to be upset.  So more anti-hero than hero.  

• Love 2

I'm feeling a bit repetitive y'all.

NTA is the worst and I hope they all disappear from my screens forever very very soon.

Cayden James' plan makes no sense as revenge for the loss of his son.

Why does every season have Oliver manipulated into doing exactly what the bad guy wanted him to do?

Olicity is the best. Olicity is life. 

• Love 2

I suspect that Jame's plan and motive for revenge was so badly done since the writers were probably too focused on the "twist" to come that Oliver didn't actually kill Own and that

Spoiler

Dragon takes him out and replaces him as big bad.

Which made Cayden James and his vendetta just background noise to drop the more "important" parts of the story against, like the rift between the team and Dinah getting closer to Vigilante again.  

Would though it have really hurt them to spend just a little extra time to make all of it make sense and interesting.  

This is the episode where Felicity and William watch Oliver on the monitor as he fights out in the field, and Felicity gives a really moving speech about heroism, love, and sacrifice...

611 (We Fall) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts: By day, I lead Star City as its mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow."

611 (We Fall) – Oliver and William are having an archery contest when they learn of electronic hacks happening all over Star City:
(William, using a plastic green bow, shoots a plastic arrow at bottles lined up in the apartment.)
William: "Bull's-eye!"
Oliver: "Indeed it was, young man. Try again, please."
William: "Okay. (Shoots another arrow) Yes! Ha! "
(Oliver uses the plastic green bow to shoot an arrow and misses.)
Oliver (sighing): "These things are - you win. Again."
William: "Well, you must be out of practice since you quit being the Green Arrow."
Oliver: "That must be it, yeah."
Felicity: "You all ready for your field trip, yeah?"
William: "Yeah."
Oliver: "It's the Coastal Biology Center, right?"
William: "Yeah. There's a prep sheet for the trip, and I tried one of the extra credits. (Searches through his backpack) Hold on. Will you take a look at it?"
Oliver: "Yeah, of course."
William: "I meant Felicity."
Oliver: "Sure you did."
William: "I'm sorry. It's a math problem about hyperbolic geometry in marine organisms like coral."
Oliver: "I do know what coral is, but that's okay."
Felicity: "This is a high-dimensional math problem most people don't get until they're in 12th grade AP. And it's perfect."
Oliver: "Well, congratulations. Take your Flash backpack and don't miss your bus, okay."
William: "Okay."
Oliver: "Get out of here. Go learn something."
(William leaves.)
Oliver: "I know what coral is."
Felicity: "Mm-hmm."
Oliver: "Good morning." 
Felicity: "Morning."
(They kiss.)
Felicity: "Heh. I think we've reached maximum-level domesticity."
Oliver: "Oh, God. I certainly hope not. (Her tablet chimes) What's up? "
Felicity: "Councilman Grovner is dead."
Oliver: "What?"
Felicity: "So are six people in the hospital and five more electrocuted by an elevator."
Oliver: "In an elevator?"
Felicity: "By an elevator."
Oliver: "What? That doesn't make any sense. (His cell phone chimes) Yeah. Quentin."
Quentin (on phone): "We got a problem. An elevator -"
Oliver: "Electrocuted five people."
Quentin (on phone): "Yeah. How do you know?"
Oliver: "I just know. Look. Grab Thea, and I will meet you at the S.C.P.D., okay?"
Quentin (on phone): "Oliver, one of the casualties - it's Frank Pike."
Oliver: "Oh. I will see you soon. (Ends call) Frank Pike is dead. Can you get your stuff, can you go to the Bunker? Can you find out what's going on, please? Thank you."

611 (We Fall) – Diggle is punching a boxing bag in the Arrow Bunker, when Felicity enters to tell him about the latest crisis:
Felicity: "Hey. That chip's really working."
Diggle: "Yeah. I never felt better."
Felicity: "That's great."
Diggle: "Or stronger. Everything all right?"
Felicity: "No. Not even close. The city is under some sort of electronic attack."
Diggle: "Cayden James?"
Felicity: "You got to figure. I mean, cars, cranes, life support systems, even elevators are killing people all over town."
Diggle: "Yeah. Hacking electronics I always thought was a bit of a bank shot when you have a thermobaric bomb and amplifier."
Felicity: "And control of the port."
Diggle: "Right."
Felicity (answering her phone): "It's Oliver. Hey. I'm on with John."
Oliver (on phone): "What do we know?"
Felicity: "'Hack-cidents' are happening all over the city. Size of this attack, you got to think it's Cayden James, but to what end?"
Oliver (on phone): "Well, should I get William home, or should I be happy that he's heading out of the city?"
Felicity: "Oh, for sure the second one."
Diggle: "Let's think about looping in Dinah, Curtis, and Rene. We may have gone our separate ways, but we have the same goals."
Oliver (on phone): "Do it. We need all the help we can get."

611 (We Fall) – Felicity tells Curtis about the hack attacks and suggest the two teams share information, and the newbies agree:
Dinah: I would rather have a team I can trust than any kind of technology."
Rene: "Word."
Curtis (answering phone): "It's Felicity."
Rene: "She isn't bugging us again, is she?" 
Curtis: "No. I'll do a sweep. Hey."
Felicity (on phone): "Hey. Cayden is attacking the city with a series of coordinated hacks."
Curtis (checking computer): "He just crashed a plane."
Felicity (on phone): "Yeah, I know. I mean, he can hack anything that is connected to the Internet, which is practically everything these days, so I was thinking that our teams, our two separate teams, could share information."
Curtis: "Yeah. Uh, that's a good idea. We'll share any and all information that can help."
Felicity (on phone): "Okay. Thanks, Curtis. I'll, uh, send you what I've got so far."
Curtis: "I hope that was all right, guys. I mean, I know we looked at each other, but we didn't actually verbalize."
Dinah: "Oh, we agreed, Curtis."

611 (We Fall) – The newbies argue over having to say "Suit up":
Curtis: "1, 2, 3. Suit up!"
Rene: "Yeah. I don't think we should say 'suit up' all together."
Curtis: "It'd be really cool if we did, though."
Rene: "I don't think it would be really cool."
Curtis: "I mean, let's just be different than OTA. Let's be, like, NTA and say it together."
Dinah: "Oh, God."
Rene: "But we are NTA, and we're cooler without having to say 'suit up.'"
Curtis: "Just saying this is kind of what Oliver was always doing."
Rene: "I'm just saying we should just try it one time."

611 (We Fall) – Felicity is frustrated with being unable to counter the hack attacks:
Diggle: "You okay?"
Felicity: "I have tried every trick to counter-hack what Cayden is doing, and I am completely boxed out. So I contacted Alena to help me figure out why, and the answer is, is that it's my fault."
Diggle: "Felicity, what are you talking about?"
Felicity: "When we stopped Cayden and Laurel from blowing up the Internet vault -"
Diggle: "Uh-huh."
Felicity: "That was all a ruse. Cayden just wanted us to think that people were in trouble so that I would break through his firewall, but instead of blocking him, I was actually just helping him plant a virus. And now he has complete control of the entire city. A 'hack-cident' is killing one person every 18 minutes, and I have no idea how to stop it."
Oliver (entering): "I do. Thanks to Cayden James, who was kind enough to pay me a visit at City Hall."
Diggle: "What'd he want?"
Oliver: "He wants $10 million a day. That is not the actionable part. He told me the details of his son's death. He was killed one year ago today. Cayden thinks that he was collateral damage from a fight that I had in Star City. It's not possible."
Felicity: "You were in Hub City recruiting Dinah."
Oliver: "Yep."
Diggle: "If Cayden James is motivated by revenge, maybe we can get him to stand down."
Felicity: "Well, I like that idea because I have no way of stopping him my way, and I have no location for you to find him your way."
Oliver: "Felicity, we need incontrovertible proof."
Felicity: "Yeah. I know. I'm on it."

611 (We Fall) – Curtis asks Felicity for help, but brushes off her offer of backup:
Felicity (on phone): "Hey."
Curtis: "Hey. If we're still sharing intel, I need you to check on something for me."
Felicity (on phone): "Yeah. Shoot."
Curtis: "The subway system, specifically where the Red and Gold Line meet. I'm trying to stave off a disaster."
Felicity (on phone): "Yeah. The automatic track signals just went offline. How'd you know? "
Curtis: "Lucky guess."
Felicity (on phone): "You want backup?"
Curtis: "Felicity, I appreciate the intel, but we're not working together anymore. My team can handle it."

611 (We Fall) – OTA realizes that William is in danger:
Felicity: "Guys, take a look at this. This is the city's transportation system, and these are all the accidents that have happened so far."
Diggle: "A lot around the edges. The train lines and the freeways."
Oliver: "He's laying siege to the city."
Felicity: "It's probably why he wanted the port. It's exactly what he's doing. He wants to block off all the exit routes."
Diggle: "And stop all reinforcements from outside."
Oliver: "Any roads he hasn't hit yet?"
Felicity: "Yeah. There's one exit left out of the city, and it's the tunnel."
Oliver: "William."
(William is in a school bus, that's stuck in traffic in the tunnel.)
Bullying Classmate: "I saw your new mom on TV. She's pretty hot. Heh, heh. She read you bedtime stories?"
William: "Well, at least she can read. Unlike your mom."
Bullying Classmate: "This field trip, it's gonna be fun."

611 (We Fall) – William now knows that Oliver lied to him about no longer being the Green Arrow:
Diggle: "We got everyone out safely."
Felicity: "Unfortunately, that tunnel was the last way out of the city."
William (entering): "So this is your secret hideout?"
Oliver: "Yeah."
William: "You said you weren't the Green Arrow anymore."
Oliver: "John did take over for me, but he got injured."
William: "He's not injured anymore."
Oliver: "No, he's not. We've lost the other members of our team, William, and I can't have him out there on his own right now with everything that's going on. Listen, buddy. I promise -"
William: "You've promised before."
Oliver: "I need to go meet your Aunt Thea. Could you please hang here?"

611 (We Fall) – The newbies reject changing their team name from NTA to The Outsiders:
Rene: "Damn, that was on fire! Hey, man. New Team Arrow's kicking ass."
Curtis: "You know what? I really have to say that I think we should change our name. Like, what do you guys think about The Outsiders?"
Dinah: "Ooh. Um, I think it was a really awesome book. You know, guys, talking to Felicity actually was a good idea. I mean, if she hadn't given us that intel, those people would be dead."
Curtis: "About that. I got that information from Vincent Sobel."
Dinah: "I'm sorry, what?"
Curtis: "I didn't trust him at first either, okay, but I called Felicity to confirm if his intel checked out, and it did, clearly."
Dinah: "And that's why you were late getting back here earlier. You were talking to him?"
Rene: "So you didn't bother telling us? How very Oliver Queen of you."
Curtis: "I had to get all the information first before I looped you guys in. Then once I did have all the information, we had to stop a subway collision. But we did. And now here I am, telling you guys."

611 (We Fall) – Diggle expresses to Felicity his hope that he might be the Green Arrow again:
Felicity: "Yes!"
Diggle: "You got something?"
Felicity: "A bull's-eye. Alena remembered that last May, Cayden received a package from Corto Maltese, and she thinks that in that package was the evidence that made Cayden think that Oliver killed Owen."
Diggle: "And how exactly is that a bull's-eye?"
Felicity: "Because we know Oliver didn't kill Owen. So whatever was in that package, that evidence -"
Diggle: "That evidence had to have been faked somehow."
Felicity: "Bull's-eye! Boom."
Diggle: "Right."
Felicity: "You okay?"
Diggle: "Yeah. Yeah, it's just - just stupid."
Felicity: "Well, you don't do stupid, so I don't know."
Diggle: "I was just hoping that since the implant was working so well that maybe -"
Felicity: "You'd be putting the hood back on?"
Diggle: "Yeah."
Felicity: "I'm sure you will, you know, once this whole Cayden thing is dealt with."
Diggle: "I hope so. I hope so for his sake." (Looks over at William)
Felicity: "Oh, man. He just found out that his father's been lying to him for a month. I've been trying to work up the courage to talk with him, but, like, step-mom in training over here."
Diggle: "You'll do fine, Felicity."
Felicity: "Hey, Will. Your dad's on TV."
Television Reporters: "What is happening to this city? ... Are we under some kind of attack?"
Oliver (on TV): "A hacker - goes by the name Cayden James - has taken over the electronic infrastructure of Star City. In his hands, anything - anything that is connected to the Internet can be used as a weapon. Now, sadly, this has already led to a number of casualties, including our police captain, Frank Pike, and Councilman Harold Grovner. But Mr. James has made his demands, but make no mistake, he is a terrorist, and Star City does not negotiate with terrorists, period. Instead, we are gonna focus on the safety and well-being of our citizens. In that spirit, the S.C.P.D. has set up safe houses throughout the city. These locations are entirely analog, and you will be safe there. I promise you, you will be safe there. Mr. James, Star City has survived far worse than you. We will band together, we will be united, and we will survive this. Thank you very much."

611 (We Fall) – Felicity encourages Oliver to talk to William.
Felicity: "Nice speech, and it worked. Safe zones are filling up, they're completely offline, and 'hack-cident' free. And in other news -"
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity: "I might have a thing on our other thing."
Oliver: "On Cayden James' son?"
Felicity: "So Alena thinks that Cayden believes that you killed his son because of something that arrived in a package from Corto Maltese in May. Through a pretty cool sequence of hacks on the mail systems of several different countries - not that you need to know about it, but it was, like, really intense and really cool, and I did it, and it was really hard, but you don't need to know about those. In that package was a USB drive, and we actually have that USB drive's serial number. So Alena's just working on trying to find the computer in Corto Maltese that uploaded the information onto that drive that Cayden received. The information that made him think that you killed his son. You see how I came full circle on that, right?"
Oliver: "100%."
Felicity: "Awesome. (Looks at William) You should go talk to him."
Oliver: "I will."

611 (We Fall) – Felicity tells Oliver that William just wants the truth:
Felicity: "You know, there's, um, a study I was reading that was saying that actually talking to a child is one of the most effective parenting techniques."
Oliver: "No kidding?"
Felicity: "Yeah."
Oliver: "That true?"
Felicity: "Yeah."
Oliver: "Well, I've learned several times the hard way that sometimes kids just want to be left alone. I know I have to talk to him. I'm just trying to respect that."
Felicity: "Okay. And I might totally be projecting here because my dad was a - you know, a supervillain evil hacktivist. But he did a lot of things that I didn't like or approve of. And the way he chose to live his life, that's not the part that bugged me."
Oliver: "Okay. What bugged you?"
Felicity: "The lie. All I ever wanted was for him to tell me the truth, you know, and that's all William wants. All he wants to know is the truth - the good, the bad, the ugly. He just wants to know the truth."
Oliver: "William knows the truth, or he - he knew the truth, and he decided that he didn't want me in situations where he might lose me."
Felicity: "Okay, but here we are. And everything that's happened with John, and everything that's happened with the team, and everything that is happening right now with Cayden James. Here we are, and you know what I think? I think William can handle it."
Oliver: "I don't know."
Felicity: "I do because, you know, genetics."

611 (We Fall) – OTA and NTA team up to protect Cayden's next target:
Rene: "Officers marching, guns out, city under siege. It's like Escape from Detroit."
Curtis: "I don't know whether to correct you or to just embrace your attempt at referencing one of my favorite John Carpenter films."
Rene: "Huh?"
Dinah: "I think the point is that people are scared. It's not good."
(Oliver and Diggle jump down to the rooftop next to NTA.)
Oliver: "They should be scared. That's why they need us."
Curtis: "When you say, 'us,' do you mean just you, and it's a passive dig at our team - no pun intended - or do you mean all of us and you recognize our own team as being independent -"
Diggle: "Curtis, we got your message. Thanks for reaching out."
Oliver: "So what are we dealing with here?"
Rene: "We have it on good authority this place is Cayden James' next target."
Oliver: "How do you know?"
Dinah: "We know. That's all that matters."
Felicity (on comms): "Not to spoil the really awkward team reunion, but you have incoming. Whoa. You have lots of incoming."
Oliver: "Move out. Right now!"

611 (We Fall) – Felicity gives a really moving speech to William about Oliver, heroism, love, and sacrifice:
(Felicity and William are watching live surveillance feed from the safe zone where the two teams are battling the bad guys.)
William: "Is Dad gonna be okay?"
Felicity: "Yeah, he's gonna be fine. Look. I know you're not all that happy with your dad right now, but this - this is what he does best. And nobody does it better."
William: "But everybody makes mistakes. Things go wrong. He can't plan for everything." 
Felicity: “Yeah, you're right. What your dad does, it's - it's very dangerous, and heroes don't always make it home. I never forget that. But, you know, I've loved your dad from the first time he brought me a bullet-riddled computer. Remind me to tell you about that one. That was a long time ago. Which means I've loved him for a long time. Which means I've worried about him for a long time. And he - he hasn't always been truthful. He's lied. He's kept secrets. He's not perfect. This life, it's - it's not ideal- - heh. But he makes his sacrifices, so we have to make ours. I sometimes think to myself that that's what makes this love deeper than other kinds of love. You know, it sounds cheesy, but it does, because we can't take things for granted. We have to live with the fear and the uncertainty that everything can be taken from us in an instant... Because that's the price we pay for choosing the people that we love. Everything he does he does for a good reason, or what he thinks is a good reason. So you can worry about your dad. But you have to believe that he's going to be okay because that's the only way that this works. Okay?"
William: "Okay."
Felicity: "Now watch. Now after he takes these two down, he's going to spin, disarm him, kick. He's probably gonna use the arrow right here! Oh! Ooh. Wow! You probably should not have been allowed to watch that. That's definitely in Parenting 101."
William: "Wow. He's - he's pretty -"
Felicity: "Amazing, yeah."
William: "Well, I was gonna say badass."
Felicity: "Badass."

611 (We Fall) – Oliver is bothered by the fact that NTA is withholding its source of intel:
Felicity: "Well, for two teams that do not trust each other, you guys worked together pretty well."
Oliver: "Well, except for the fact that they never shared with us where they got their information."
Diggle: "What's happening?"
Felicity: "Cayden's shutting down all communications - e-mail, TV, cell phones, Internet traffic, everything."
Diggle: "We didn't meet his 11:30 deadline."
Oliver: "Can you please talk to Alena and tell her that we are running out of time?"
Felicity: "I already did. She's working as fast as she can. What are we gonna do?"
Oliver: "I need to go talk to my son."

611 (We Fall) – Oliver holds a family meeting with Felicity and William:
Oliver: "When I was growing up, if something happened, my dad would call a family meeting so that we could all talk about it."
Felicity: "And I know we've already both talked to you separately, but we just thought we'd all get together and just sort of talk it out, put it all in the open."
Oliver: "I'm terribly sorry that I lied to you. There is no excuse for it. And I'm new at this whole dad thing, but that's not an excuse either. I've just -I've been trying to work my way through it, and I've hit more bumps in the road than I thought that I would, as you know. But no more secrets and no more lies. And, William, if you need me to stop being the Green Arrow, I will."
William: "Felicity showed me what you did tonight. I got to say it was - it was really cool. The city needs you, and I get that now."
Oliver: "Are you sure?"
William: "Yeah. I mean, I was worried before that I'd become an orphan, but it's different now. I have Felicity. I understand why you have to go out there. I'm gonna get to bed."
Felicity: "You sleep well, William, okay?"
William: "Thanks." (Leaves)
(Felicity moves to sit down beside Oliver on the couch and puts her arm around his arm.)
Felicity: "What he said was touching. It was kind of awful, too."
Oliver: "That's the actual definition of bittersweet."
Felicity: "Okay. Well, don't let it get to you."
Oliver: "I mean, it's - it's not."
Felicity: "Oliver."
Oliver: "It's not. It's - if I've learned one thing about parenting so far that I'm sure of, you can't win them all."
(Felicity phone chimes.)
Felicity: "It's Alena. She went through all the computers in Corto Maltese. She didn't find anything. I'm sorry."
Oliver: "I've got to get to City Hall."
Felicity: "What are you gonna do?"
(Oliver sighs.)

Edited by tv echo