Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Wayward Sisters

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, takalotti said:

It just stinks of TPTB going "We need this rift to close eventually. Can’t have them doing the spell with a sacrifice every time. Let’s have it just expire! And to ramp up the suspense, let’s have it shrink a bit so that there’s the risk of getting trapped!"

ETA: No I'm wrong. I think the The first Rift stayed open for a few hours.  I think it was  Crowley's spell that sped up the closing process so they could trap Lucifer. 

What I think was different was how Kaia's doppelganger could open a rift without the power of a nephelim. Which supposedly was the only reason rifts were opened was because of Jack's birth.  That's the part of the Rift stuff that bugs me.

Edited by catrox14
1 hour ago, takalotti said:

But if he meant "If you go, I’m scared that the Hunter life will get you killed and you’ll never come back the way I want you to" I’d expect a more pleading tone, reaching out as a protective gesture, not a controlling gesture. I don’t remember it going down like that. James' body language was more "I can’t say it’s okay for her to go, because I am NOT okay with that. Instead I need to make it clear that I do NOT support this decision because in the past when I’ve put my foot down about not supporting a decision my obedient daughter would fall in line."

I didn't read his body language as being controlling at all. He stood behind her and let her go. He didn't block her way IIRC. I'd have to rewatch the scene but I didn't think he was trying to intimidate as much as trying to reason with her not to go.

44 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I didn't read his body language as being controlling at all. He stood behind her and let her go. He didn't block her way IIRC. I'd have to rewatch the scene but I didn't think he was trying to intimidate as much as trying to reason with her not to go.

Just to be clear, when I said "not a controlling gesture" it was to make sure I was describing the kind of reaching out I meant in the pleading scenario. I didn’t mean his body language in the actual scene was trying to control her progress either by grabbing her, blocking a door, or otherwise towering over her in intimidation. But I do think he had "I’m putting my foot down" body language.

7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

ETA: No I'm wrong. I think the The first Rift stayed open for a few hours.  I think it was  Crowley's spell that sped up the closing process so they could trap Lucifer. 

What I think was different was how Kaia's doppelganger could open a rift without the power of a nephelim. Which supposedly was the only reason rifts were opened was because of Jack's birth.  That's the part of the Rift stuff that bugs me.

Replying in the Speculation Only Thread 

I think this showed the spinoff will be about Claire for the majority of episodes. 

I figure a typical episode will be Patience having a vision, Alex researching, Jody saying something motherly, Donna will do something funny and then Claire hunting down and killing the MOTW. 

13 hours ago, takalotti said:

Why is he now assuming rifts just expire after a few hours if left alone?

Probably because they couldn't find the rift after a couple days, so he was just thinking practically...what if the rift closed and we're stuck here? 

13 hours ago, takalotti said:

And since when does the rift get smaller as it starts to expire? Did the first one do that?

The first one did not seem to shrink, but we don't know that it wouldn't have if it had stayed open for a couple days like this one did. I believe Crowley's spell did close the other rift, so if it hadn't been tampered with, maybe it would've eventually shrunk too? 

However, something went wrong when this rift was created so it may just come down to it being unstable in some way?

Edited by DittyDotDot
33 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Probably because they couldn't find the rift after a couple days, so he was just thinking practically...what if the rift closed and we're stuck here? 

The first one did not seem to shrink, but we don't know that it wouldn't have if it had stayed open for a couple days like this one did. I believe Crowley's spell did close the other rift, so if it hadn't been tampered with, maybe it would've eventually shrunk too? 

However, something went wrong when this rift was created so it may just come down to it being unstable in some way?

Didn't the rift only close when it did because Sam and Crowley did a spell that required Crowley to sacrifice himself.

21 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Didn't the rift only close when it did because Sam and Crowley did a spell that required Crowley to sacrifice himself.

Well, Sam had little to do with the spell, but, yes, as I said, I believe Crowley's spell closed the rift. However, there's been a lot of debate about whether the rift closed on it's own or not and/or whether or not Crowley sacrificed himself for nothing.

Edited by DittyDotDot
28 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Well, Sam had little to do with the spell, but, yes, as I said, I believe Crowley's spell closed the rift. However, there's been a lot of debate about whether the rift closed on it's own or not and/or whether or not Crowley sacrificed himself for nothing.

I don't recall the debate being that but more whether Crowley's spell was going to close the gates of Hell as well as closing the Rift.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't recall the debate being that but more whether Crowley's spell was going to close the gates of Hell as well as closing the Rift.

Well, there may have been some discussion of that too, but there was a ton of discussion about whether the rift closed on it's own, whether Jack's birth closed it or if Crowley's spell did it because of the time lapse between the spell being completed and the rift actually closing. I'm of the opinion that Crowley's spell closed the rift.

But I don't think it actually makes any difference to the discussion of whether the original rift shrunk or not. This rift didn't start shrinking until days after it was opened whereas the first one was only open for a couple hours. Maybe no rift shrinks until two or three days after it's opened?

Does anyone but me find Donna's accent as annoying as me? I think the actress Brianna is a great actress and really attractive but the hokey (northern minnesota or canadian?) accent feels over the top for me.  Is that a normal accent for that area of the country?  Bob freaking Dylan was from Hibbing Minnesota and he didn't talk like that. That's my only reference for that area of the country.  It feels to me like the Wayward show is toning down the sex appeal of the two older leads, Jody and Donna to accentuate the younger girls or make Jody and Donna Mom figures.  The police uniforms aren't flattering for them and Jody could probably dye the grey out of her hair and wear better makeup, imo.  Not trying to be overly critical but the show can throw us older guys a bone and make the two older leads a little more attractive.  They are both beautiful women and i really hope this is not offensive to anyone.  It isn't meant to be.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

nyone but me find Donna's accent as annoying as me? I think the actress Brianna is a great actress and really attractive but the hokey (northern minnesota or canadian?) accent feels over the top for me.  Is that a normal accent for that area of the country

It's legit. I visited my sister in Minnesota years ago, just outside Minneapolis and I talked to a few people who sounded just like Donna and others did not. I think it really depends on the person. Like accents wax and wane . Some people never get an accent despite living years in a region. And some people pick up an accent after being g 10 minutes in a region. I grew up in CO. with my family and I never heard my Mom's North Carolina accent until we would be around her family in NC.

so I think it's probably played  up a bit but not far from realistic.

9 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

ot trying to be overly critical but the show can throw us older guys a bone and make the two older leads a little more attractive.  They are both beautiful women and i really hope this is not offensive to anyone.  It isn't meant to be.  

Or you know, they could not glam up Claire and leave her with a more  them a more natural look like Donna and Jody, who are gorgeous. Donna wears mascara, and a bit of eye shadow and pale lipstick. Neither character strike me as women who are particularly concerned about glam ing up when out hunting. I do recall Donna in the Purge wearing a bit more makeup at the spa. Jody wears a bit of mascara and lips color when she's I  her civilian clothes.

Police  officers whilst in uniform,like soldiers, probably have a standard that disallows heavy Claire like makeup, as well as disallowing wearing long hair.down.Putting it on a bun or ponytail is likely required when in uniform. Uniforms are uniforms, I don't see them designing uniforms that would intentionally highlight a woman's breasts or rear end..

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

It feels to me like the Wayward show is toning down the sex appeal of the two older leads, Jody and Donna to accentuate the younger girls or make Jody and Donna Mom figures.  The police uniforms aren't flattering for them and Jody could probably dye the grey out of her hair and wear better makeup, imo.  Not trying to be overly critical but the show can throw us older guys a bone and make the two older leads a little more attractive.  They are both beautiful women and i really hope this is not offensive to anyone.  It isn't meant to be.  

24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Or you know, they could not glam up Claire and leave her with a more  them a more natural look like Donna and Jody, who are gorgeous. Donna wears mascara, and a bit of eye shadow and pale lipstick. Neither character strike me as women who are particularly concerned about glam ing up when out hunting. I do recall Donna in the Purge wearing a bit more makeup at the spa. Jody wears a bit of mascara and lips color when she's I  her civilian clothes.

Police  officers whilst in uniform,like soldiers, probably have a standard that disallows heavy Claire like makeup, as well as disallowing wearing long hair.down.Putting it on a bun or ponytail is likely required when in uniform. Uniforms are uniforms, I don't see them designing uniforms that would intentionally highlight a woman's breasts or rear end..

I actually agree with both these posts.  I do think they're deliberately making Jody and Donna more "motherly" (though I'm going to assume they'll give them an ep or two where they're featured as "real people" instead of hero-adjuncts when they can wear whatever they want.)  I don't mind the unflattering uniforms since, as @catrox14 said, they're standardized (and I get more annoyed when uniforms are obviously tailored to show off...assets?)  

What I wish is that they'd meet somewhere in the middle for *all* the women--not the perfect/heavy makeup and tight clothing for the young ones, not the frumpy/invisible look of the older ones, and just make 'em look both attractive and like they'll be able to run and fight easily.  Like, y'know, flannel?  

Wouldn't it be more empowering for women to tell them they can be attractive *and* comfortable and dress for themselves, not to look good for men?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, I guess that's what they were going for, but it just didn't come across to me that way on first viewing. The actual dialog...

S: We really gotta get moving. Keep looking for that door.
D: Yeah, if there is a door.
S: Well, last time we opened one, it stayed open...
D: Yeah, for a few hours. We've been here for what? Two days? And change? I mean, look, man, I hope you're right, I really do, but if you're not...

Dean's "If there is a door" sounds pretty fatalistic to me, like he doesn't actually mean the "if" and he's really saying, "Yeah, there's no door, dude."

So I think on first viewing I got so focused on that part and took the scene as "Dean is certain the door is closed, his only reason is that the other one was only open for a few hours, so this one must only last a few hours, ignoring Crowley's spell."

Watching that scene again, I noticed the last part more, which I had forgotten about by the time I wrote my ranty post. He's genuinely allowing for the possibility that the door is still open, but also expressing his worries that maybe it's not, so they shouldn't cut chow-time short to look for a door because this might be it for them.

I still wish Dean had said something more like, "Yeah, but we closed it only a few hours later. We don't know how long they last beyond that. I mean, I hope it's still open somewhere, but all I know is that every time we popped back and forth through the other one, it was right behind us and we haven't found this one even after what? Two days? We might be here for a while, so eat up, man."

And while I'm revising the dialog, I wish Sam had said "Well, last time we used one, it stayed open." Because they didn't open it, they just found it and figured it must have been Jack's doing. This is the first one they had any part in opening.

They've been steadily momming Jody for years.  It always bothers me on rewatch.  She's cool and fun in Season 7-8, wearing leather jackets, making googly eyes at Bobby, going on dates and generally being both strong and feminine.  But then Alex shows up, and she's suddenly full-on Mom Jeans (tm), all frumpy and rocking old-lady hair.  It's such a disservice to the character, and to Kim, who is a hot badass filled with energy and life.  And Bri is fucking gorgeous, but I don't know if her sex appeal really fits with Donna's character.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, takalotti said:

Yeah, I guess that's what they were going for, but it just didn't come across to me that way on first viewing. The actual dialog...

S: We really gotta get moving. Keep looking for that door.
D: Yeah, if there is a door.
S: Well, last time we opened one, it stayed open...
D: Yeah, for a few hours. We've been here for what? Two days? And change? I mean, look, man, I hope you're right, I really do, but if you're not...

Dean's "If there is a door" sounds pretty fatalistic to me, like he doesn't actually mean the "if" and he's really saying, "Yeah, there's no door, dude."

So I think on first viewing I got so focused on that part and took the scene as "Dean is certain the door is closed, his only reason is that the other one was only open for a few hours, so this one must only last a few hours, ignoring Crowley's spell."

Watching that scene again, I noticed the last part more, which I had forgotten about by the time I wrote my ranty post. He's genuinely allowing for the possibility that the door is still open, but also expressing his worries that maybe it's not, so they shouldn't cut chow-time short to look for a door because this might be it for them.

I still wish Dean had said something more like, "Yeah, but we closed it only a few hours later. We don't know how long they last beyond that. I mean, I hope it's still open somewhere, but all I know is that every time we popped back and forth through the other one, it was right behind us and we haven't found this one even after what? Two days? We might be here for a while, so eat up, man."

And while I'm revising the dialog, I wish Sam had said "Well, last time we used one, it stayed open." Because they didn't open it, they just found it and figured it must have been Jack's doing. This is the first one they had any part in opening.

I didn't notice that Sam said 'we opened'. I wonder if that was the line, or if Jared misspoke? And if it was the line, did the writer just LOL!Canon, or it is a meta way of them taking responsibility for Jack's existence (by facilitating Luci's escape from the cage)?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I didn't notice that Sam said 'we opened'. I wonder if that was the line, or if Jared misspoke? And if it was the line, did the writer just LOL!Canon, or it is a meta way of them taking responsibility for Jack's existence (by facilitating Luci's escape from the cage)?

Yeah, I didn't really think about it, because I was enjoying the lizard exchange, but that conversation really didn't make any sense at all.  They didn't open a rift.  Jack did.  It didn't close on its own.  Crowley closed it.   I guess Sam saying it stayed open may have made some sense, and without their interference it may have stayed open forever for all they knew.

I think "we really gotta keep looking for that door."

"It may not still be out there."

"Yeah, but it might."

"I hope you're right...."

Would have conveyed the same information, but more logically.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

What bugged me more was  "last time" as though they had done it more than once. Clunky writing in that whole thing IMO.

Changing the subject (briefly):  I rewatched this last night, and noticed that the monster who was after them at the end when they escaped the Bad Place had knobbly flat herbivore teeth and not big scary sharp ones.  In fact, it looked kind of familiar; and after thinking more, I think it looked like the Slime Monster from Ghostbusters (or maybe Shrek?)

ghostbusters.jpg.c6df81c86f149a93bd430d1cd453361d.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't tape the episode and the CW app won't let me fast forward to look again without rewatching the whole thing :( .  Anyone else see this?  Or am I hallucinating?

Edited by ahrtee
4 hours ago, bozodegama said:

Does anyone but me find Donna's accent as annoying as me? I think the actress Brianna is a great actress and really attractive but the hokey (northern minnesota or canadian?) accent feels over the top for me.

I currently live in Northern Minnesota and it works for me. It's not an accent you hear every day or from everyone, but it all depends on where in Minnesota you're at. The accent gets a bit more noticeable the further north and west you go. So, Donna being from Stillwater, it's a little shaky, but I can still accept it. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Unfortunately, I didn't tape the episode and the CW app won't let me fast forward to look again without rewatching the whole thing :( .  Anyone else see this?  Or am I hallucinating?

This is why I love the internet.

Giant (The Bad Place).jpg

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

They could have made the rifts kind of like worm holes in Star Trek. Some are stable. Some aren't and are unpredictable - or collapse. Sometimes the other side of the worm hole moves and you don't end up where you think you should be.

It looks like they are going more of a "sliders" direction minus the device.

I just watched; good god that was crap. Count me out on the spinoff if it's going to be this much Claire. I liked Kaia & Patience; Jody, Alex & Donna were great as well. Overall it was pretty forgettable IMO.

• Love 2

Well, scheduling Kathryn Newton may get harder: 

Harper's Bazaar

Variety

She's on a first name basis with:
Nicole, Reese, Francis, Shalene, Zoe, Laura (Dern), and potentially Meryl.  I hope getting Wayward Daughters picked up is not contingent upon securing her involvement.  I can't see more than 13 episodes of availability.  And if "Blockers" is indeed successful, 13 seems in doubt.

Now, don't get  me wrong, I think the cast can stand alone WITHOUT Claire.  But does the CW feel that?  Even if they secured her for a first season, they usually like leads to sign a 7 year deal.  Conversely, I believe it was either Kim or Briana who said they "all" signed "Lead" contracts.  So if Kathryn signed, she's obligated.  OTOH, if Reese Witherspoon is personally engaging in clearing her schedule (see Harper's article), I'm not sure arrangements wouldn't be made to allow Kathryn to follow her choices.

This is not to say that I think Kathryn is the most talented actress of the Wayward Sisters.  I think she's shown real potential in some scenes and others not so much.  But she's rapidly gaining a Master's Degree in acting with her credits and exposure to some incredible talent.  And as J2 will say, acting is a crapshoot.  If you have a steady job, you're lucky.  And all the talent in the world won't help if you don't get some breaks.  Kathryn Newton needs to send her agent a fruit basket -- weekly.  

• Love 1

I'm shocked at her prevalence in prestige works. I think  she pays  one note in everything and I guess if she keeps playing that note well and is friends with power players, she's got a nice career track going.

What I found odd in another article is that she got another project to work around her schedule. I wonder if she thinks SPN will do that for WS. If they don't for the J's other potential roles, I don't see them doing it for her unless the network puts the screws to the showrunners. I can tell you that Claire being the lead greatly reduces my interest.

Edited by catrox14
freaking autocorrect on mobile. I know words and I can spell properly. LOL
  • Love 3

Sometimes the entertainment industry seems so arbitrary, who succeeds and who doesn't, whether it be actors, singers, tv personalities. It most certainly isn't always the most talented, but things just line up and fall into place for them. I have to put Kathryn's success down to that - because while she is a lovely, well-spoken girl, and I enjoyed the couple times I've seen her at cons very much, a great actress she is not.

Funny thing - I'd be more inclined to watch WS without Claire as a lead than I am with her (which is to say, not inclined at all). I wish they had the stones to make the story about Jody and Donna, with the kids on the periphery.

• Love 7

THEN:

This is the third THEN sequence where there’s been no mention of Cas being held captive. I don’t mind so much for this episode since no one references calling Cas. Except that shouldn’t Claire or Jody have called him? I know we never explicitly saw the boys tell either of them that Cas was back, but we also didn’t explicitly see the boys tell either of them that Cas died (though it seemed like Jody was up to speed based on her heartfelt hug in Patience). Again, it feels like the show is trying to have it both ways. If they didn’t tell Claire that Cas died, then she should think he’s alive and try to call him for help. If they did tell Claire that Cas died, then why wouldn’t they also update her when he came back?

NOW:

Mr. Werewolf: Knock knock.

Amanda: Who’s there?

Mr. W: Rarr!

Claire: (knock knock)

Mr. W: Who's there?

Me: ?

What can I say? Sometimes I’m easy ??‍♀️ Sometimes. Rest of the episode? Not so much.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:14 PM, Lord Kira said:

Alex - I liked her in this episode, but I admit I don't remember much about her in previous episodes. Her suddenly having a job at the hospital felt like obvious spin-off set-up. 

I disagree that Alex "suddenly" had a job at the hospital, making it forced set-up. There had already been little snippets about her going to nursing school in the past. Made sense to me.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:58 PM, Wayward Son said:

I’m going with crush! I’m convinced the show will go the route of Kaia/Claire if picked up. It’ll be one of those stupid things people do to try and impress the person they're crushing on.

On 1/19/2018 at 9:20 PM, MysteryGuest said:

Yes, I definitely got a smitten vibe from Kaia, but I'm not sure about Claire. But I still think that based on just how frightened Kaia was of the Bad Place, she wouldn't have been quite that eager to jump right back in.

That didn’t occur to me, but it makes sense. On my own I would have just guessed that what Claire said (how part of her wanted to sit back and let Jody handle things, but another part felt she owed S&D for saving her in the past) made Kaia feel like she owed S&D too (even though originally she said they don’t really get credit for saving her from the angel kidnapping since she only got kidnapped because of them in the first place) and that was why she was more willing to go to the Bad Place despite her fears.

When Claire said "Patience, give me your keys. Jody's not picking up the phone" I was certain she was lying. As far as Claire's scenes went, they went straight from Claire's heart to heart with Kaia where Kaia says "If you go, I’ll go with you. Maybe together we can save [Sam and Dean]" to Claire asking for the keys. Really seemed like she didn’t call at all and just wanted to make up a reason to get to carry out the plan she just made with Kaia. So I was pissed that she was bringing Patience and Alex closer to danger under false pretenses. But based on how Jody didn’t argue when Claire said she didn’t pick up, I’m guessing she actually did call?

Patience&Alex: (Push cabinet down the stairs)

Me: Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch.

The stupidest part about the four of them stopping right before the rift was that NOTHING HAPPENED that would even remotely make them stop. Like if there had been a big roar and stomp and it was a reflexive "Oh shit, is the thing right behind me?" I could MAYbe handle it. But literally nothing happened. It was all so Kaia could see Darth Dickwad wind up with the lance so she could take a lance for Claire. Do you think the writers earn t-shirts that say "Plot gotta plot, yo" or "Danger: Plotonium hazard" when they do stuff like this?

Also, that was some fantastic first aid Claire administered. Don’t move any closer to the victim and just hold hands. I know that was a really big blade and she likely wouldn’t be able to stop Kaia from dying, but it just doesn’t seem like Claire to give up before it’s over.

I don’t know why, but Jody running up to the cabinet and shooting over it just looked really awkward to me. All her other action stuff was fine.

Is Patience gonna have issues with doubting herself now since her vision did come true, but she misunderstood what it really meant?

D: You tell her "thank you" from us.

Me: "Oh, and that Cas died. And then he came back. We haven’t seen him for a while because he was out looking for Jack, who we found but we didn’t feel like telling Cas about it even though we still touch base by phone. One thing you WON'T need to tell her is that this all makes sense because anyone can see that it does."

I’m surprised Claire's VO didn’t end with "Whatever it takes."

Regarding the comments about John's journal vs. Claire's journal: I think the reason Claire's can come across as a teenager diary to some might be because the ONLY part we got to hear/see was the diary-like portion. She was also writing in it when she dropped off Amanda, but we don’t know if she was only writing the facts about the conclusion of her case, or only about how she felt rescuing a young girl, or a mix.

So yeah, I didn’t enjoy the episode. But if Wayward Sisters gets picked up, I’ll still probably give it a chance.

Edited by takalotti

I know we never explicitly saw the boys tell either of them that Cas was back, but we also didn’t explicitly see the boys tell either of them that Cas died (though it seemed like Jody was up to speed based on her heartfelt hug in Patience). Again, it feels like the show is trying to have it both ways. If they didn’t tell Claire that Cas died, then she should think he’s alive and try to call him for help. If they did tell Claire that Cas died, then why wouldn’t they also update her when he came back?

Does Jody even know Cas?  As for Claire, they have a complex relationship and I think seeing him just hurts her.  She's forgiven him, but that's not the same as wanting a close relationship with him.

The stupidest part about the four of them stopping right before the rift was that NOTHING HAPPENED that would even remotely make them stop.

Totally agree. No reason to just not run right through. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

As for Claire, they have a complex relationship and I think seeing him just hurts her.  She's forgiven him, but that's not the same as wanting a close relationship with him.

Don't you think she'd want to know if he was dead though?

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Don't you think she'd want to know if he was dead though?

Probably.  But, I don't recall that anybody thought he was dead.  Wasn't Asmodeus calling and impersonating him?  Oh, from before.  They may have told her he was dead and then said he was alive offscreen.  Or, maybe they didn't tell her at all.  We don't know that they've had any contact with her since Ladies Drink Free.  And, maybe they didn't bother telling Jody, who would have passed it on, because to the best of my knowledge, they've never met.  I don't know. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Probably.  But, I don't recall that anybody thought he was dead.  Wasn't Asmodeus calling and impersonating him?  Oh, from before.  They may have told her he was dead and then said he was alive offscreen.  Or, maybe they didn't tell her at all.  We don't know that they've had any contact with her since Ladies Drink Free.  And, maybe they didn't bother telling Jody, who would have passed it on, because to the best of my knowledge, they've never met.  I don't know. 

Jody was with Dean in "Patience" and she seemed to know the score.  What she told Claire IDK.  Good material to plum through.  Probably not warranted for the Pilot.

4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Ah, yes, I was thinking of the time he actually was (not really) dead. LOL, only in Supernatural.... 

6 hours ago, SueB said:

Kathryn Newton needs to send her agent a fruit basket -- weekly.  

Seriously!! She has a lot going on, and judging from what she has so far, probably a lot in the works. I can't imagine that that fantastic agent would allow her to sign a contract for 23 episodes with a CW show.

• Love 1

I don't follow the series as closely and properly as many here - but isn't Cas only wearing her father?  Her father is dead.  I was lucky enough to have a very wonderful dad, but it'd be very unsettling to see him walking about, but it's not him.  And how does the angel grace affect the dad clothing so it doesn't smell and cleans itself?

Kathryn is a very fortunate woman.  She has cornered the market on morose cranky teen.  Hopefully working with some prestigious names will help her with her acting abilities, because I've only ever seen one expression.  Yes, indeed she should send a fruit basket and thank her lucky stars too. However it appears she's a nice girl and everyone seemed to enjoy her on set.

I can't see her spending too much time on the WS set.  Maybe an episode all about her, and then just cameos? 

5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't follow the series as closely and properly as many here - but isn't Cas only wearing her father?  Her father is dead.  I was lucky enough to have a very wonderful dad, but it'd be very unsettling to see him walking about, but it's not him.  And how does the angel grace affect the dad clothing so it doesn't smell and cleans itself?

Yes, it was officially confirmed in the season 10 episode Angel Heart that Claire’s father  soul was now in heaven. 

Since the original body was disintegrated at a molecular level (first by Raphael and then by Lucifer) and Jimmy’s soul is no longer present I tend to think Cas’ current body is closer to a clone or twin of Jimmy’s than a traditional vessel. In other words Cas’ body looks like Jimmy’s, but it isn’t his.

18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I disagree. I think Cas' body is now his, and it looks like Jimmy.

Sorry that was bad wording on my part. I meant Cas’ body looks like Jimmy, but it isn’t Jimmy’s body. He’s more akin to Jimmy’s twin or clone :)

• Love 1

I thought that in the past (the episode where Cas sprung Claire from juvie by pretending to be her dad?) they had bonded enough, establishing a relationship beyond the fact that he's wearing her father's body or body facsimile, that should Claire need help she’d reach out to him. And I’d think "Sam and Dean are trapped in an alternate universe, Patience is getting a vision that I’ll die if I get involved, but I still think it’s really important to save them" would be a time that’s she'd pull out all the stops and ask Cas for help. I’m not talking about calling Cas to catch up or ask for help on a werewolf milk run.

I don’t like it when characters don’t do what I think would be natural to them just because it won’t fit in the episode.

Edited by takalotti
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, takalotti said:

I thought that in the past (the episode where Cas sprung Claire from juvie by pretending to be her dad?) they had bonded enough, establishing a relationship beyond the fact that he's wearing her father's body or body facsimile, that should Claire need help she’d reach out to him.

They did, and even moreso after the events of Angel Heart. She knew then both her parents were dead and in heaven, but she was genuinely concerned/caring about Castiel. I was looking at the transcript - it's too much to post here, but she asks Dean to look after him and there is affection there (and she kept Grumpy Cat from the Hot Topical :)). So yeah, I think she would ask Cas for help, and I also think Dean would tell her what happened to Cas in 12x23.

• Love 1

I have no idea where to put this bit of news, but according to SpoilerTV, CW is close to greenlighting Wayward Sisters and a few other Pilots :

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/05/wayward-sisters-charmed-roswell-in-dark.html

I really hope that happens, if only for all the people who campaigned for WS to become a reality. And honestly with the way I've been feeling about SPN itself this year, I'd like to watch stories in the same universe that are different than the crap we're getting now.

• Love 2

Yup, looks legit. 

I`m not planning to watch but this will most certainly mean that Robert Berens will go on over and be the showrunner there. Three cheers to that.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yup, looks legit. 

I`m not planning to watch but this will most certainly mean that Robert Berens will go on over and be the showrunner there. Three cheers to that.

I'm terrified of being stuck with Buck Leming running SPN.  

• Love 1