Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Lms0794 said:

Long time lurker first time poster here. Yes that’s Grace in the white shirt. @nittanyvolleyball yeah I’m not going to lie Erin doesn’t look good in that video... which surprised me because I was in class last night and when I watched her she looked great. She must have blanked and had a bad run or something. Jennifer has us do it a million times. Ive been in a lot of classes with her, and she’s really good and her body looks amazing.  But she either kills it, or let’s the pressure get to her and blanks on the choreo. I think she just needs to get more confidence and mentally there because she has everything going for her. Teachers seem to like her a lot and be really rooting for her. I’m interested to see what happens with her this year. I think if she has a good audition she will make it to camp.  From there she’ll just have to not let the pressure get to her because she looks really good when she gets it. She’s a really sweet girl and hard worker though so I’m rooting for her.

Also have to remember the video clips we see aren’t actually the best depiction of how good someone is/how well they will do at auditions. 

who is the girl in the green sweatshirt? she had a lot of power! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lms0794 said:

Long time lurker first time poster here. Yes that’s Grace in the white shirt. @nittanyvolleyball yeah I’m not going to lie Erin doesn’t look good in that video... which surprised me because I was in class last night and when I watched her she looked great. She must have blanked and had a bad run or something. Jennifer has us do it a million times. Ive been in a lot of classes with her, and she’s really good and her body looks amazing.  But she either kills it, or let’s the pressure get to her and blanks on the choreo. I think she just needs to get more confidence and mentally there because she has everything going for her. Teachers seem to like her a lot and be really rooting for her. I’m interested to see what happens with her this year. I think if she has a good audition she will make it to camp.  From there she’ll just have to not let the pressure get to her because she looks really good when she gets it. She’s a really sweet girl and hard worker though so I’m rooting for her.

Also have to remember the video clips we see aren’t actually the best depiction of how good someone is/how well they will do at auditions. 

That's so fun that you get to go to class! Who were the standouts for you, yesterday? Are you planning on auditioning?

New here. I read and reread through the postings - how and when did Jenna announce she is retiring?  Does anyone have an updated list of ladies leaving this year?   Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, WkdMOM said:

New here. I read and reread through the postings - how and when did Jenna announce she is retiring?  Does anyone have an updated list of ladies leaving this year?   Thanks in advance.

Her mom posted it initially.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, WkdMOM said:

Alexandria-rookie left the squad right after the season started

Milan-two year vet left in November to study abroad

Kalyssa-rookie left to do modeling or was cut after football season was over

Jenna-six years retiring

Maggie-two years retiring moving to California

Kelsey-two years retiring recently engaged

Simone-three years retiring just started a new job

Stephanie-three years retiring

Robin-three years retiring got communication internship at the Star

Cersten-two year vet going to medical school in Mexico

Still waiting to hear about Tess, Madeline, Jinelle, and Yuko

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

That's so fun that you get to go to class! Who were the standouts for you, yesterday? Are you planning on auditioning?

She deleted her post...I really think it was her mom that posted this.

Long time lurker first time poster here. Yes that’s Grace in the white shirt. @NITTANYVOLLEYBALL yeah I’m not going to lie Erin doesn’t look good in that video... which surprised me because I was in class last night and when I watched her she looked great. She must have blanked and had a bad run or something. Jennifer has us do it a million times. Ive been in a lot of classes with her, and she’s really good and her body looks amazing.  But she either kills it, or let’s the pressure get to her and blanks on the choreo. I think she just needs to get more confidence and mentally there because she has everything going for her. Teachers seem to like her a lot and be really rooting for her. I’m interested to see what happens with her this year. I think if she has a good audition she will make it to camp.  From there she’ll just have to not let the pressure get to her because she looks really good when she gets it. She’s a really sweet girl and hard worker though so I’m rooting for her.

Edited by 5678Pixie
On 4/19/2018 at 11:02 PM, dccfan37 said:

People are super secretive to post nowadays! A page or two back you’ll find my current list of girls that we have found trying out so far :)

I added (I think) all of those women, but hardly any post about trying out! A few do, like Shannon, and Kelly (obvi!) but that’s not the “hundreds” they claim to have!!

Ok y’all I maybe crazy or something but has anyone seen the picture that Mia posted from prep class I swear one girl looks like the girl who was pro bowl cheerleader from the Texans 

5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Ok y’all I maybe crazy or something but has anyone seen the picture that Mia posted from prep class I swear one girl looks like the girl who was pro bowl cheerleader from the Texans 

It is her. She was cut from the Texans.

13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Isn't Stephanie from Wisconsin...and wasn't she a dancer for the Milwaukee Bucks?  If that's correct, I wonder if she's heading back there.

13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Tess didn't say anything?  I swear I read she's returning.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Isn't Stephanie from Wisconsin...and wasn't she a dancer for the Milwaukee Bucks?  If that's correct, I wonder if she's heading back there.

Tess didn't say anything?  I swear I read she's returning.

I think she meant Bess!

Whoever aadancer94 is in the videos posted above is a pretty good dancer, but I can't tell entirely because I think much of the choreography in both videos is kind of blah and low-tech. She's very cute and appears to have a good figure, but I wish she would smile more! She dancers with her mouth open too much or just a kind of serious look on her face--the smiles are too intermittent. I don't know why all these ladies who are prepping for various auditions don't know that part of practicing is smiling. If you don't smile while rehearsing, it doesn't become second nature to smile while performing, when you have a million things on your mind, and often, the smiles don't come off as consistently or as bright when on the field, court, or stage. I think this was part of Brennan's problem when all the guest choreographers were commenting on her weird facials--just smile, like you're happy with what you're doing. I used to think my dance teacher was just being weird when she would get after us for smiling in rehearsals and class run-throughs, until I noticed in videos that those of us who smiled more in class and rehearsal also were the ones who smiled more while actually performing, and the girls who didn't smile as much during rehearsal were less consistent with "performance faces" on stage. And for the record, I mean smiling; I can't stand cheesy exaggerated faces that are encouraged in some sectors or cheer and dance. 

• Love 1

Well that stinks..

Always loved Kelsey, and Robin. ..

Jenna- always seemed like she was playing a mind game..

Milan- loved here too..

I had a bunch of posts I quoted here, but none of them showed up..

Last year was awful who left- and then the drama of last year..

Considering the Dallas team- with the criminal etc proceedings, only reason I even follow all this is due to the the cheerleaders..

On 4/19/2018 at 9:00 PM, meils121 said:

On 4/20/2018 at 7:53 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Her mom posted it initially.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:39 PM, bigskygirl said:

Alexandria-rookie left the squad right after the season started

Milan-two year vet left in November to study abroad

Kalyssa-rookie left to do modeling or was cut after football season was over

Jenna-six years retiring

Maggie-two years retiring moving to California

Kelsey-two years retiring recently engaged

Simone-three years retiring just started a new job

Robin-three years retiring got communication internship at the Star

Cersten-two year vet going to medical school in Mexico

Opps- found quotes-

Alexandria- gone.. okay.

Kalyssa- what the heck..

Maggie- never got to know her

Cersten- we knew that was going to happen but hope she comes back.

Simon- never felt it.. Or Stephanie

But to loose Robin and Kelsey ?

Last year was hard with sooooo many good ones leaving. ( Danielle etc).. But will miss those too.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2018 at 3:45 PM, Jess14 said:

Kelsey being a two-year girl wouldn’t surprise me even if she wasn’t newly engaged. I certainly don’t know her or any of the girls, so this is speculation. However, with some girls, you get the sense that DCC has really been woven into the fabric of their lives and is part of their identity. With others, it just seems like it’s a job or a dream that they had, but once they achieve it and have lived the life for a year or 2, they’re ready to move on to the next adventure. I don’t think either perspective is better or worse than the other, but I would put Kelsey in the latter category. Again, I may be wrong (i certainly have been regarding other girls in the past), but I never pegged her as a 4 or 5 year girl. 

I think, for a lot of the girls, especially if they plan to stay in Dallas to live, they want to be a DCC because they are put on a pedestal.  They get into all the hot clubs, bars and restaurants, they get recognized and they get lots of perks so I think a lot of these girls are using the DCC as a stepping stone to either live the high life in Dallas or to propel their career in reality TV/modeling/etc

• Love 2
On 4/15/2018 at 12:12 PM, bigskygirl said:

Taryn was shown in a few prep class videos, so she may try out again. I found it interesting they told her if they had another spot they may have taken her when they saying the same thing to Brennan when she was cut. Tayrn was the lowest ranked TC Candidate, so if there were 37 spots, Brennan would have made the team over her. I also cannot believe the judges thought Taryn was better over the three cut vets at finals. To be honest about it, I think the whole thing has Charlotte and Kelli written all over it.

Taryn was a phenomenal TC candidate.  She may have been the lowest ranking, but she still made it into training camp and made it to the last night. Charlotte even said during auditions that they cut girls who had PERFECT scores.  No one knows the method behind their madness, but it isn't fair to discredit Taryn just because she had the lowest score.  A lot of other girls were cut early on and had potentially higher scores.  It's all about what they bring to the table once they reach training camp.  Survival of the fittest :) 

• Love 7

There are girls out there who might check every single thing on that list Kelli's so proud of, but they have something missing.  It may be that indefinable something that makes people want to watch them or it could be a certain warmth or any number of things.  There are some dancers who could execute every single trick in the book and amaze people with what they can do, but others find extremely boring to watch, despite all the tricks.  Eva Igo is a good example of this.  I can admit that she is talented, trained and has a flexibility I can only envy, but she bores me to tears.  I don't know if that's because of the choreography she does which, to me, is just tricks with a bit of dance thrown in or if it's something else I can't define, but there's nothing in her performances that I can connect to.

While everybody has their favorites and least favorites on the team, at least there's someone for everyone to root for.  Every year (except one that we know of), there will be veterans cut and new girls will come in wanting to take their spot.  If I wasn't missing so much of the essential DCC package (like a slim figure, flexibility and could actually, you know, dance), this would be the year to try out.  There's at least 11 spots open that I know of (unless I miscounted) and likely more open spots once final auditions are over.  I can't believe auditions start not this upcoming weekend, but the following weekend with finals on May 11th and First Meeting on June 4th.

• Love 5

Season 5 was the only season since the show started where no vets were cut at finals. I remember Judy saying they made history because no vets were cut. I definitely think there are one and two year vets on the cut fence this year. Going to be interesting to see who makes it back to TC and who will be the TC candidates. We still have no clue on Jinelle and Madeline. I hope Jinelle comes back because they need a girl with seniority and leadership abilities.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, Jess14 said:

Maybe she means that she only applied to that one school this year? It’s possible that she had applied to other med schools in the past and didn’t bother to reapply this year. I just find it very odd though that someone would apply to only one medical school and one in Mexico at that. Med school is hard enough to get into that it makes little sense limit your odds even further, but hey, perhaps she just knew that she would get in.

I would bet my house, my cars and my daughters' college funds that Cerstan knew she wouldn't get into an American medical school and applied to the Mexican school because she had an "in" there.   But, it's not as much a reflection on Cerstan as it is a reflection on how unbelievably competitive medical applications are.  Although, I have to admit that, in a snarky moment, I had a Legally Blonde flashback to the scene where a bemused professor said about Elle Woods, "Do you think she woke up one morning and said 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

International Medical School graduates historically have a harder time matching for a residency.  According to the National Resident Matching Program's website, US citizens who attended a foreign medical school are matched into a residency around 48 percent of the time whereas those who attended U.S. medical schools had a match rate of around 94 percent.  Cerstan almost certainly knows these odds but she's moving ahead with pursuing her dream and I give her props for that and wish her the best of luck!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I would bet my house, my cars and my daughters' college funds that Cerstan knew she wouldn't get into an American medical school and applied to the Mexican school because she had an "in" there.   But, it's not as much a reflection on Cerstan as it is a reflection on how unbelievably competitive medical applications are.  Although, I have to admit that, in a snarky moment, I had a Legally Blonde flashback to the scene where a bemused professor said about Elle Woods, "Do you think she woke up one morning and said 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

International Medical School graduates historically have a harder time matching for a residency.  According to the National Resident Matching Program's website, US citizens who attended a foreign medical school are matched into a residency around 48 percent of the time whereas those who attended U.S. medical schools had a match rate of around 94 percent.  Cerstan almost certainly knows these odds but she's moving ahead with pursuing her dream and I give her props for that and wish her the best of luck!

..maybe she just wanted to go there?

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

..maybe she just wanted to go there?

Doubtful, I don't know of any Americans who went to med school in Mexico because they wanted to.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 11

I think all of the rookies (with the exceptions of Kalyssa and Alexandria of course) will re-audition.  I hope Dayton comes back with more power this year because I think she is so cute.  I'm not familiar with Victoria's dancing, so I will take a look.  Being the daughter of a former DCC who also happens to be the director's BFF, has to be a HUGE pressure on her.  There's really not a rookie I like or dislike more than any other, so I hope they all do great!  I'm hoping Taryn comes back and tries out again.  I would also love to see Allie and Heather H. (last year's cut vets) try out again.  Some others from last season that I'd like to see are: Lacey (brother was killed in a wreck), Briana (Tn Titans cheerleader, I just hope she has more endurance/power), Brianna (the low kicking 18 yo TCC), Katelynn (the phenomenal kicker with the really dark hair that they said was too "harsh" ), Madeline M. (the TCC that was one of the early cuts), Celinda and Brennan...sigh....I wish they could just try one more time, but I know they were both disappointed last year. 

I am so glad to have this thread...because I haven't been keeping up with things like I usually do.  Thanks to all the ladies out there keeping us up to date!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Doubtful, I don't know of any Americans who went to med school in Mexico because they wanted to.

Well SHE did. The reconstructive surgeon that she worked for went there; perhaps he spoke very highly of it and she wanted to follow in his footsteps. It's a good program and she has friends there who likely have good things to say about it as well. I'm sure that helped with her decision. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Well SHE did.

The truth is, we don't know if she went there because she wanted to or because she needed to...my guess is needed.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

As an international grad, who matched in her first choice of residency and literally landed her dream attending job this month (and will be on the medical staff of one the best hospitals in the country) - it's not as cut and dry as those numbers imply. There are two different categories - US grads that go to foreign schools (mexico, ireland, caribbean etc) and actual foreign graduates who have trained in their country and now trying to do a residency here. The latter group is the one that has a very low match rate. Yes, US IMGs also have a lower match rate than US grads, but it's not that drastic, and yes, we have a harder time matching in more competitive specialties. But if you bust your ass in Med School, you can get a great residency, and bust your ass there, you can get where you've always wanted to be. The journey isn't easy and even given her missteps of labeling herself a nurse etc, I applaud her. She's got a tough road ahead, I know, I've literally gone through it.  

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, patsinsyr said:

As an international grad, who matched in her first choice of residency and literally landed her dream attending job this month (and will be on the medical staff of one the best hospitals in the country) - it's not as cut and dry as those numbers imply. There are two different categories - US grads that go to foreign schools (mexico, ireland, caribbean etc) and actual foreign graduates who have trained in their country and now trying to do a residency here. The latter group is the one that has a very low match rate. Yes, US IMGs also have a lower match rate than US grads, but it's not that drastic, and yes, we have a harder time matching in more competitive specialties. But if you bust your ass in Med School, you can get a great residency, and bust your ass there, you can get where you've always wanted to be. The journey isn't easy and even given her missteps of labeling herself a nurse etc, I applaud her. She's got a tough road ahead, I know, I've literally gone through it.  

Taking this to small talk...

19 hours ago, ChubbyBunny said:

Taryn was a phenomenal TC candidate.  She may have been the lowest ranking, but she still made it into training camp and made it to the last night. Charlotte even said during auditions that they cut girls who had PERFECT scores.  No one knows the method behind their madness, but it isn't fair to discredit Taryn just because she had the lowest score.  A lot of other girls were cut early on and had potentially higher scores.  It's all about what they bring to the table once they reach training camp.  Survival of the fittest :) 

I'm so impressed with her work ethic. That's the kind of "blender" they need to aim for. They have the cute sloppy dancers (like Savannah) and the blenders who are giving them all the reasons to be cut (Jessika), so i'd rather have a girl like Taryn who was good enough, a great ambassador AND was trying hard to improve. Or girls like Raylee-I'm still bitter about her cut. Had they kept her, she would have gone onto 5 years and she would definitely become a contender for 2nd leader with all the cuts and retirements.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

That's the kind of "blender" they need to aim for.

I don't know why they seem to view "blender" as a dirty word.  You can't have a squad full of girls who look like they are trying to outdo each other.

1 hour ago, Liverbird said:

Charlotte wasn't very keen on Raylee for some reason - I'm surprised as Raylee is incredibly photogenic.

She's very pretty & never seemed to have weight issues...I don't get it either.

• Love 5

Raylee was very pretty.  I can't imagine what she did to lose Charlotte's favor (if this is indeed the case).  Not knowing any inside track info, I still think they should have kept her.

• Love 3

Allie's cut was pretty clear and people had the same general idea as to why Heather was cut, but there doesn't seem to be a good reason (at least that we can see) as to why Raylee was cut.  She has the looks, the personality, seems to be well-spoken and intelligent, and a whole host of other things that seem to be what the DCC want.  The only things I can think of that would be a remote possibility was that she was outdanced (well, that or she blended), but neither seem to be THE reason.  I suspect that, after this past season, they wished they'd at least kept Raylee, especially after Holly left.

Until finals are over and we know who didn't make it into Training Camp, I'm vacillating between there being no vets cut and there being somewhat of a bloodbath at finals.  I wouldn't be surprised for either one though it's likely going to be somewhere in the middle with SOME vets cut. but not very many.  There seems to be only three or four girls cut at finals in the past few years, with more girls cut when fewer vets retire and fewer girls cut with more vets retiring.  I'd have to do more research in order to get a veteran cut-to-retirement ration for each year unless others know more than I do (or already have those numbers at their fingertips).

• Love 1

Didn't Christina make it to Training Camp for the 2014-2015 squad or am I mistaken?  I seem to remember that she did and then got cut.  On the one hand, I don't want her to get cut this year because she's such a hard worker and has such a sweet personality, but, on the other hand, she seems to make a lot of mistakes and seems to have made the squad for one of two reasons, neither of which are because she "earned" it:  because Holly and Erica got cut (or left of their own accord BECAUSE they would otherwise have been cut for behavior issues/rebellion) or because she was a charity case and TPTB wanted a feel-good story to come out of the whole season.  It could be that she earns her spot back because of everything she's done this year (and her dancing/memory issues have improved) or she gets cut because the incoming group seems to be just that much better than she is.  I just don't know anymore about her.  I'm confused.

Christina did not make it into training camp in Season 11. The only time she made TC was in Season 9? before making it back to TC last year. I think three or more vets could be cut at finals this year. Season 7 had 19 rookies with five one year vets being cut at finals. Season 7 had a squad of 39 instead of the squad of 34 in Season 6, so even with a squad of 34 to 36, there would have been 14 to 16 rookies (20 vets coming back to TC with no cuts during TC.) Right now there seems to be around 11 or 12 non returning vets (almost 1/3 of the squad not trying out again.) With so many one and two year vets making up the squad, I say cuts will be made because the less experience vets will need to step up to the plate and prove they can be the best overall DCC Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte want. In the case of Raylee from last season, there may be something going on with her behind the scene we had no clue about which lead to her being cut.

My guess on Raylee was that she was a blender with an attitude, sometimes unpolished in appearance, who didn’t have the dancing chops to back up abrasiveness in the locker room or elsewhere. 

I personally think she can be quite beautiful, but I can see why leadership would rather take a risk with a new girl then get same same with someone they experienced for two years. 

Hopefully she’s very happy with the Mavs, seems like a good fit. 

• Love 1

Baylee's audition last time was a joke.  Sort of like Jasmine the previous year.  I can see why she got cut.  And I am PRAYING that Christina is cut.  She's awful and has quite the attitude.

• Love 5

Have you heard something about Christina, Simplsimon, or have you met her?  I'm just curious (and certainly NOT asking for proof) because there seems to be quite the difference of opinions about her.  We've heard that she's sweet, charming, does well with the dances even though she's not the best, has memory problems, has stamina problems, has attitude problems, feels entitled to be there because she's auditioned so many times, pleasant to be around, etc.  There's so many contradictions about this girl, I sometimes can't wrap my head around them.

• Love 3

Madeline I can't figure out and could see her going either way. She hasn' posted a lot of DCC on social media lately but is still posting dance classes fairly recently. Most of those who retired I have been pretty accurate on. But her I just can't get a good solid read. She's young so she certainly has time to cheer for DCC but she may have other things she wants to persue. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

My guess on Raylee was that she was a blender with an attitude, sometimes unpolished in appearance, who didn’t have the dancing chops to back up abrasiveness in the locker room or elsewhere. 

Interesting theory.  I haven't heard anything about issues with Raylee's personality, so I never considered that she may not be a nice person.