Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Another skater skating at a snails pace. 

Also, I agree with the Tara the telegraphing of the jumps is just not a good look. 

She landed everything but her performance was very blah.

Lambiel is so damn pretty. Sigh. :)

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2
Just now, BitterApple said:

I don't know if there's a rule or if black skates are considered so distinctly male the ladies don't want to use them. 

I can see that.  I think they shouldn't let that stop them so I hope one will start a new trend.

• Love 2

Kim looks TINY. :) I enjoyed her skate, but too bad on all the under-rotations. She's the only skater thus far that's skated with life and presence. She seemed to be a little faster than the ones before her. 

Loved the spin at the end. 

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I hate white skates with the black catsuit. It just looks like one big fashion faux pas.

I wouldn't blame her for not wanting to break in a new pair of skates just for this, but at least wear black tights and pull them over the boots. 

• Love 2
Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

I kinda hope she didn't know the King was there. Poor girl.

I figured she saw him as she was getting ready to jump and that's why she flubbed it.  Or just freaked out because he was there.

• Love 2

I'm watching the stream and I really like the Australian woman. She's giving out a lot of good information on the elements and what makes them good or why there are deductions. It's nice to actually be told why something was scored well or not instead of just hearing "oh that will lose some points."

Edited by fireice13
  • Love 8

This blue ombre number on the Chinese skater is pretty.

And it helps that her illusion netting truly matches her skin tone.  From a distance her costume actually looks strapless.

Pretty performance.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Dots And Stripes said:

I'm not sure which shows more mental fortitude from Bradie: moving past an early fall to deliver a solid program or showing no emotion to Andrea's attempts to make her cry in that interview.

I really hate Andrea and her awful, awful interviews, particularly when she interviews skaters after they have faltered. I compare her skills with Scott Hamilton, who did such a nice job with Nathan Chen, and just shake my head. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

I'm watching the stream and I really like the Australian woman. She's giving out a lot of good information on the elements and what makes them good or why there are deductions. It's nice to actually be told why something was scored well or not instead of just hearing "oh that will lose some points."

Totally agree.  Is she a former judge?  She explains things like a judge and not just a coach or skater.