Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I love explaining LoT to people. "So on this episode a knock off Furby wreaks havoc Viking Settlement and the Legends need to capture the Furby to save America." 

And they generally make it work and awesome! Sara is seriously pulling off Lagertha in this episode it seems. 

• Love 2

The "Inside the Episode" segment for Legends had me rolling. I cannot wait for this episode.

People, can we throw some love Phil Klemmer's way? He's so unassuming and gentle in these segments - I don't have a clue what the man is like in real life, but I have a feeling he's a big part of the reason why Legends has skewed the line between "awesome" and "jump the shark"; his writer's room is pretty diverse in race, sex, and age (orientation too, I'm guessing); and I've never heard people complaining about his showrunning or comments the way I hear about Guggenheim, Kreisberg or Mericle. I'd like to think he's a big part of why Legends works and why the cast/crew/writers are so awesome.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Phil Klemmer was one of the writers on Forever and that was a great ensemble show. That's why I was happy when I found out he'd be running Legends. 

He also started out as a story editor on Veronica Mars, went on to work on Chuck, and then went on to work on The Tomorrow People (which wasn't great but made a surprising move in ending a love triangle halfway through in order to follow through with a surprising fan favourite couple) and Political Animals (one of my favourite shows of that year). 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Guys, what if the introduction of Ralph was really just to make Barry seem not that bad in comparison? 

They are never going to make people forget Baby Sara, so their efforts are pointless. 

• Love 2

Huh. So the finale of The Flash had Iris and Barry not being so happy about Olicity getting married during their impromptu wedding, after all. That was not a line I expected to hear, but I'm not angry The Flash writers put it in. 

• Love 4

I'm disappointed in Iris for the shade she was throwing at olicity today.

I think it's hypocritical of Iris to be bitter about olicity interrupting the end of her impromptu wedding, when she disrupted the end of someone's funeral procession for the same reason just a few episodes ago.  I'd think that out of everyone, she would understand.

• Love 21
Just now, ComicFan777 said:

I think it's hypocritical of Iris to be bitter about olicity interrupting the end of her impromptu wedding, when she disrupted the end of someone's funeral procession for the same reason just a few episodes ago.  I'd think that out of everyone, she would understand.

I guess maybe she just really really hates it when people buy her things that weren't on her registry! 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I'm disappointed in Iris for the shade she was throwing at olicity today.

I don't think it is. Not many women would be thrilled that their spotlight was taken. It would be if Iris interrupted Olicity's impromptu wedding. Iris may love her friends, but she can be a little bitter. It's realistic for her to be a little snippy about it. It doesn't mean she automatically hates her friends for the rest of her life. It just means she can make snarky comments to Barry about it. I know that I get annoyed when my friends do stuff and I make snarky comments in private, but it doesn't change my overall relationship with them.

For the funeral scene, Iris and Barry waited until everyone from the funeral cleared out before she interrupted to ask the priest to marry them.

• Love 4

I'm annoyed they put it in considering none of us wanted this double wedding. The least they could do was have the characters okay with it.

Instead they make Iris look like a bitter bitchy Betty, which makes me sad. If only a storyline outside of being a love interest was on their registry.

Can Flash just keep Arrow characters out of their mouths please? 

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

For the funeral scene, Iris and Barry waited until everyone from the funeral cleared out before she interrupted to ask the priest to marry them.

Yes, she did the polite thing and sat in the back in her wedding dress and nearly had to crawl over the pallbearers on their way down the aisle, LOL.

• Love 23

Thanks for ruining one of the few things I liked about the crossover, Flash Writers.

Maybe they can send the unwanted gifts to Diggle for marrying their ungrateful selves at Felicity's suggestion? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 23

I think it makes Iris seem petty and superficial tbh.Because actual nazis interrupted her wedding and she and Felicity spent episodes fighting them and protecting each other,you'd think she would be less concerned about wedding etiquette at a ceremony in a park after a funeral that she wouldn't even have if Felicity hadn't suggested Digg.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yes, she did the polite thing and sat in the back in her wedding dress and nearly had to crawl over the pallbearers on their way down the aisle, LOL.

Add to that she flipped the deceased's picture and told the pallbearers "I love this coffin, is it cedar?"

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't think it is. Not many women would be thrilled that their spotlight was taken. It would be if Iris interrupted Olicity's impromptu wedding. Iris may love her friends, but she can be a little bitter. It's realistic for her to be a little snippy about it. It doesn't mean she automatically hates her friends for the rest of her life. It just means she can make snarky comments to Barry about it. I know that I get annoyed when my friends do stuff and I make snarky comments in private, but it doesn't change my overall relationship with them.

So why didn't Iris speak up at the wedding and say.."Hey, totally into you guys getting married but can we do it in like 2 minutes?"

Maybe she's projecting since she didn't speak up? Like maybe this could be a moment of her finding her voice, even though she seems like she speaks up when she wants too. I don't get this story choice.

• Love 2

I don't understand how there can be a spotlight when there's literally no one else around? Kinda moot if you ask me.

Imo the espresso machine was a thoughtful gift because of Iris being a barista in the past. I guess gift registry > sentiment? Yikes they made Iris look awful and insanely petty. not really a good look.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 19

Also, Iris, that impromptu ceremony wasn't your wedding day so STFU.

I also didn't realize it was a crime to get a gift that wasn't on the registry. Wow. They sound like awful entitled people. Haha. 

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

So why didn't Iris speak up at the wedding and say.."Hey, totally into you guys getting married but can we do it in like 2 minutes?"

Maybe she's projecting since she didn't speak up? Like maybe this could be a moment of her finding her voice, even though she seems like she speaks up when she wants too. I don't get this story choice.

Well, because Greg Berlanti really wanted his double wedding. And maybe it would have made Iris look petty if she said no? Writing contrivances, unfortunately. 

Either way, Iris can be a little petty about it. She's just airing her thoughts to her husband. She's a flawed individual; she can be a little upset that her wedding day was ruined by Nazis, and then she had a double wedding in the park. I really don't think she's a bad person for telling Barry this. I actually laughed a little, especially with the image of a bunch of toasters in the scene. 

Though....I never expected Iris to be obsessed with things like she was here. That was odd characterization for her. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Ha ha, I love it. That interruption was rude as shit and Barry and Iris knew it.

So why didn't they say something at the time? Like if she thought it was rude now, surely she thought it was rude then, no? Why wouldn't she speak up?

• Love 2
Just now, Angel12d said:

They sound like awful entitled people. Haha.

Considering Barry ran them back from their honeymoon fully clothed and Iris's main complaint was that she wasn't on the beach having drinks with tiny little umbrellas in them, maybe it's sexual frustration talking?

• Love 13
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Considering Barry ran them back from their honeymoon fully clothed and Iris's main complaint was that she wasn't on the beach having drinks with tiny little umbrellas in them, maybe it's sexual frustration talking?

They have sex? Wouldn't know. ?

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, because Greg Berlanti really wanted his double wedding. And maybe it would have made Iris look petty if she said no? Writing contrivances, unfortunately. 

Either way, Iris can be a little petty about it. She's just airing her thoughts to her husband. She's a flawed individual; she can be a little upset that her wedding day was ruined by Nazis, and then she had a double wedding in the park. I really don't think she's a bad person for telling Barry this. I actually laughed a little, especially with the image of a bunch of toasters in the scene. 

Though....I never expected Iris to be obsessed with things like she was here. That was odd characterization for her. 

Greg Berlanti wanted his double wedding and it was played that they were not upset by what Felicity did. This is the disconnect for me. Are the Flash writers trying to make Iris or Felicity or both women look petty? I mean this is the Flash where women are pretty awfully written in general.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I think expecting normal wedding etiquette when you apparently can't be bothered to move five feet away from the vomit is weird. 

"Excuse me, you are being very rude at this puke-adjacent half-assed civil ceremony and IT WILL NOT STAND!"

• Love 21
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I think this is probably true. I think Iris' frustration was more than just at Oliver/Felicity, and she just happened to take it out on them. Her wedding gets interrupted, then her official wedding isn't what she planned, then their honeymoon is interrupted by Ralph, and then the whole gift debacle. She was complaining about all of the gifts, so it wasn't just about Olicity's gift. I'm sure she is grateful for what they sent over. 

• Love 6

So why didn't they say something at the time? Like if she thought it was rude now, surely she thought it was rude then, no? Why wouldn't she speak up?

Because that'd be kind of rude in itself? Kind of a catch 22, those are her friends. She was probably happy to see them get hitched but first wedding falls apart, gets married in a park, honeymoon is cut short, I doubt she really holds any long term resentment towards them.

• Love 4

Iris: Felicity stole my spotlight even though no one else was around to see it!!!

Why do the flash writers suck? No one asked for the double wedding and tbh forcing that on us only to throw Felicity/Oliver under the bus for no reason is so dumb. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Greg Berlanti wanted his double wedding and it was played that they were not upset by what Felicity did. This is the disconnect for me. Are the Flash writers trying to make Iris or Felicity or both women look petty? I mean this is the Flash where women are pretty awfully written in general.

I think the double wedding was a stupid concept but the writers really went out of their way to make both women look terrible after four episodes of an awesome team up.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's Barry - I assume even if they had stayed on their honeymoon she would have been sexually frustrated 

Given Iris's actions at the funeral and Barry's endless time changing selfishness neither of them should be calling anyone else rude.  But since they share the same rude, lacking in any self-awareness father, I guess I should not be surprised.  

• Love 9
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Because that'd be kind of rude in itself? Kind of a catch 22, those are her friends. She was probably happy to see them get hitched but first wedding falls apart, gets married in a park, honeymoon is cut short, I doubt she really holds any long term resentment towards them.

But not good enough friends to be honest when it was just the 5 of them who all know each other quite well? To me if it REALLY bothered her to the point she's being resentful now it would have been bothering her then.

IMO this sounds like writers deciding that Iris had to be resentful to cause drama and I guess for it to be for some on Poor put upon Barry dealing with a pissed off bride or something. 

• Love 7

Different writers, which is the issue. The double wedding was written by Legends writers. The input was given by Greg and the other showrunners, and if Iris looked unhappy during the crossover, there would have been major backlash about it, as there is here. Basically, no show should ever touch a double wedding when it involves two different shows and takes place on the third show. It's going to lead to this kind of mess. 

Although, you are correct. The Flash writers, or the showrunners themselves, hate women and I will admit, upon a quick rewatch, that Iris was off, more so than usual. I guess it was more of a meta comment, maybe by The Flash showrunners to express their discontent about their WestAllen wedding not being just about their couple, and they made Iris the unfortunate victim of bad writing. 

1 minute ago, WindofChange said:

Iris: Felicity stole my spotlight even though no one else was around to see it!!!

Why do the flash writers suck? No one asked for the double wedding and tbh forcing that on us only to throw Felicity/Oliver under the bus for no reason is so dumb. 

I'm going to say that they also threw Iris under the bus in terms of the writing. Look at how many people are complaining about Iris being unhappy about the double wedding. 

No party wins here. Sure, we got two happily married couples now, but the writing for Iris now suffers and Olicity too. I want to express that I love Iris and think she's entitled to her feelings, but the whole situation was a mess to begin with. 

• Love 6

Considering the circumstances of the double wedding and Iris's bitterness over it aren't actual plot points on these shows, if they wanted to address it on Flash they could've just had Felicity and Oliver sending over a gift as an apology for the interruption and gone about it that way. 

• Love 20
Just now, Sakura12 said:

I really thing Felicity should've waited for Diggle to finish marrying Barry and Iris, then asked Diggle to marry them. 

She should have but she didn't and Iris didn't say anything. So now the Flash writers are making both women look pettier than they looked to be during the double wedding.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm going to say that they also threw Iris under the bus in terms of the writing. Look at how many people are complaining about Iris being unhappy about the double wedding. 

They threw her under the bus too, yes. I agree because she was awful in that scene. I'm honestly more upset that they decided to write this and pretty much kinda ruin the good SmoakWest feels I've been having. But hey, it isn't the Flash if Iris has friends right?

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

But not good enough friends to be honest when it was just the 5 of them who all know each other quite well? To me if it REALLY bothered her to the point she's being resentful now it would have been bothering her then.

IMO this sounds like writers deciding that Iris had to be resentful to cause drama and I guess for it to be for some on Poor put upon Barry dealing with a pissed off bride or something. 

Friends don't voice everything that annoys them about each other. They slip it under the rug and get over it. Like I said, Iris hasnt had the greatest time in the past 2 weeks, I don't think she cares that much in the long run. Everything probably annoyed her. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

That entire scene just made Iris and Barry look terrible. Not even the issue with wedding interruption so much but all the snarking on the wedding gifts. Remind me never to buy your ungrateful asses gifts, WestAllen.

I agree. Iris was doing her best Regina George Mean Girls impression. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

She should have but she didn't and Iris didn't say anything. So now the Flash writers are making both women look pettier than they looked to be during the double wedding.

They have a terrific team up and then the writers mess it up.  Like one step forward and two steps back.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've stayed out of this argument because I just don't give a fuck. But being petty at Olicity and NOT The Fucking Nazi's that actually interrupted her wedding. Is just sad and pathetic, IMO.

I too stayed out of this argument because I really didn't care, but when I read so many comments about Olicity ruining a wedding vs. Nazi's, all I can do is shake my head.

Never watched the Flash except for crossovers, the minute Sara was erased because of Barry, I knew I would never watch it.

• Love 3