Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

CW Developing DC Comics Adaptation ‘Project 13’ With Elizabeth Banks Producing (EXCLUSIVE)
Joe Otterson   October 19, 2017
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/traci-thirteen-dr-thirteen-dc-comics-cw-elizabeth-banks-1202594676/

The CW is developing a drama series based on DC Comics characters Traci Thirteen and her father Dr. Terrance Thirteen with Elizabeth Banks attached as an executive producer, Variety has learned exclusively.

Titled “Project 13,” the one-hour drama would center on Traci, a twenty-something forensic scientist and believer in the paranormal who discovers her own hidden extra-sensory abilities when she joins her estranged, skeptic father to investigate mysterious cases of the paranormal and unexplained phenomena. Traci and Dr. Thirteen have appeared in multiple comics within the DC Universe, including “Flashpoint” and “Batman.”
Should the project move forward, it would join a long line of comic adaptions at CW. The network currently airs “The Flash,” “Supergirl,” “Arrow,” and “Legends of Tomorrow,” all of which are based on DC Comics characters. The network also airs “Riverdale,” based on the Archie Comics characters, and recently announced they are developing a drama series based on “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.”

Edited by tv echo

There's more (like about Zari, Nate, etc.) that I didn't quote...

Interview: Marc Guggenheim Talks Legends of Tomorrow Season 3
October 20, 2017 Craig Byrne 
http://dclegendstv.com/2017/10/20/interview-marc-guggenheim-talks-legends-of-tomorrow-season-3/

How long will we have to wait to see the White Canary and the Black Siren meeting, and what might that mean for both characters?
That’s a good question. I would say right now we don’t have a story planned, to have Sara and Laurel together… we always love to do that, and obviously that’s a confrontation that would be really awesome… it’s just a little tricky because the Legends are running around time, and because of the nature of the crossover this year, we just didn’t have the opportunity to tell that story.

I would say it’s on our bucket list, but we don’t have any plans to do it at the moment. We’d certainly like to!

Can you tease anything about upcoming love interests for Sara Lance, either male or female?
I can tell you that she will have love interests of both genders in upcoming episodes.
What can we expect from Damien Darhk’s role in Legends Season 3?
.  .  .
This is Damien’s year to shine. He’s also the Damien Darhk of Arrow Season 4, so he’s got memories of all of the things that have happened to him, not just in Legends Season 2, but also in Arrow Season 4, and that also includes his command of magic. So, there are some fun things going on with Damien. Obviously, Neal McDonough is really wonderful in that role. You could see he’s always enjoying each of the scenes that he’s shooting. I’m looking forward to people seeing more and more episodes so that you can really see how Damien’s master plan is coming together as well as the team of super-villains that he is in the process of recruiting is coming together.

Edited by tv echo

I've been meaning to ask this, but from what point in S4 is this DD? I mean, he was dead in the end. And Laurel is still dead in LOT, so what, he's from that narrow window between offing Laurel and Oliver killing him?

Apparently this Mallus villian can raise people from the dead. He or she did that with Kuasa, Mari's sister who died in the Vixen series. Mallus wants magical people. Most likely Darkh is getting the same treatment. 

• Love 1

From SA's Facebook Q&A yesterday...

Karla Ciro If the GreenArrow could borrow any superpower of his friends, which one would he choose and why? All the love, support and admiration from Colombia. ...
Stephen Amell Clearly the Supergirl cornucopia of powers would be my first choice. And franky... the only reasonable choice. On a more serious note, working with Melissa Benoist over the crossovers has been an absolute treat. I think everyone is going to love the Oliver / Kara dynamic. (Even if they hate it.)
GJ Kooijman What's the biggest laugh on set you've had this season? ...
Stephen Amell Melissa Benoist in the Legends hour of the crossover. We'll talk about it after they air.
Mary Boyd Can you give any spoilers for the crossover episode?? ??? ...
Stephen Amell No. Concurrently, if you think you can cobble together the plot from looking at photos on the internet, you're wrong.

Edited by tv echo

Kyle and Natalie talk about the latest episodes of Supergirl, Flash, LoT and Arrow...

Entertainment Weekly's Superhero Insider Strikes Back!
October 20, 2017  Kyle Anderson and Natalie Abrams

Edited by tv echo

I completely understand bringing Neal McDonough back. He is so much fun to watch as DD precisely because he is clearly having so much fun himself. Plus DD has a great narrative link with Sara. 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, Sakura12 said:

Apparently this Mallus villian can raise people from the dead. He or she did that with Kuasa, Mari's sister who died in the Vixen series. Mallus wants magical people. Most likely Darkh is getting the same treatment. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't both Kuasa and Dark lose already? Why, I wonder, would this Mallus character want to recruit people who have already failed so hard they died?

Edited by KirkB
Grammar is my friend.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, KirkB said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't both Kuasa and Dark lose already? Why, I wonder, would this Mallus character want to recruit people who have already failed so hard they died?

Mallus is clearly a fan of second chances. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KirkB said:

And in Darhks case,  that was with Oliver already having reservations about killing people.   Somehow,  I don't think Sara will be as conflicted about snapping present day Darhk's neck. 

• Love 2

Podcast interview with Marc Guggenheim - sounds like the EPs decided on the two weddings for the crossover as early as the end of last season (I only transcribed the Arrowverse-related portions, so you may wish to listen to the entire interview)...

Comedy Film Nerds Ep 391 - The Foreigner - Marc Guggenheim
Released Oct. 18, 2017  By Graham Elwood and Chris Mancini
http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/5850981/tdest_id/177459 

-- MG's current projects? He's doing Arrow and LoT for television, he's writing X-Men Gold for Marvel Comics, he's doing Trollhunters for Dreamworks Animation and Netflix, and he just sold two pilots to Fox (Classified, and tv adapation of James Cameron film, True Lies).

-- CW let him do other projects? MG: "Yeah, I made a deal - I was at the end of my contract last year on all the shows and, um, I made a deal that basically allowed me to stretch my legs and, you know, try different things in different places. The people at CW are great, the people at Warner Brothers are great, um, you know, but I'm not a very monogamous writer. It's what I've discovered... And it was just - it's nice to be able to spread my wings and, you know, try out different places."

-- Big CW crossover again this year? MG: "There is. It's going to be a four-hour event across all four shows, Supergirl, Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. And, uh, we wrap it on Thursday... We wrap on Thursday. And - but it'll be like a soft wrap because I think we're going to owe some scenes, uh, post Thursday. But we're in the midst of it... This year it's a massive undertaking." He's already seen dailies from all four shows.

-- Per MG, they got the idea for this year's crossover earlier than usual: "We knew sort of very early on, even, I would say, as early as, like, the end of last season, uh, sort of what the emotional terms, uh, of the crossover were going to be. And the actual idea probably came together, you know, quite a few months ago at this point... Andrew Kreisberg and I each sort of separately had this notion of let's do something that's in the Crisis space... Both Andrew and I sort of independently hit upon this idea of what if we did something with parallel Earths? Um, and we settled upon Earth-X, which is the, uh, Earth that is - ... In the Arrowverse, it's so bad that it doesn't have a designation. That's why it's 'X,' as opposed to the other 52 Earths. And, uh, it's overrun by Nazis... We had come up with this long before Charlottesville. Long before Nazis sort of, you know, unfortunately, re-entered the, uh, public consciousness... It's a fun, big, you know, comic book come to life. We're not trying to make any sort of political statement. Besides, I don't think - truth be told, it's like, you know, someone asked me, like, 'well, it sounds very topical.' It's like, they're Nazis. Like, there's nothing... I'm sorry, like, there's a lot of things in our world that we can debate. And, you know, I'm a former attorney. I see facets and nuances in everything. There's - if there's one thing in, you know - in this whole world that is, I think, not subject to - (host interrupted, "that we can all agree on") - we clearly can't, but, you know, objectively, that's not up for debate, it's Nazis. Nazis are bad, period, full stop. So, you know, unfortunately, yes, there are people who, you know, including the President of the United States, who can debate whether or not, you know, Nazis are very fine people. Um, but this is something, truth be told, I don't - I draw the line at any sort of like seeing other sides. There is no other side... It's really a big - it's a big comic book come to life."

-- Podcast host noted that Marvel also had an Earth-X series. MG said that that was for the DC and Marvel lawyers to work out.

-- They talked about the Wonder Woman movie (how great was the movie, the director Patty Jenkins and the star Gal Gadot). Are we ever going to see Green Arrow do the "three-arrow jump" from Wonder Woman (when the Germans come to the island and the Amazons fight back)? MG: "No. It's funny, though, I did watch that and go, 'that's - that's interesting' ... (everyone laughs) - He's done two arrows before, you know, and maybe one day we'll do three - we'll be able to afford three arrows. That's features. So. They have more money to spend on digital arrows. Um, it's about three thousand dollars an arrow." When asked where he'd like to see the Wonder Woman sequel take place, MG said that he'd prefer not to have Wonder Woman jump to present day and that he'd like to see her in different time periods, but he's "very, very excited" to see what they do.

-- Is there superhero fatigue now with all the superhero shows on TV, Netflix, etc.? MG: "Look, I'll be honest, I think that's a question we've been asking - we ask ourselves that every year. I think every time we come on this podcast, we talk about it. To me, that's not the big issue. The truth of the matter is, the market will always tell us, you know, whether or not, you know, something is too much... Someone told me that, like, one of the major studios did a study of, like, teenage, you know, 10-year-old boys. And, um, they don't even see these comic book movies as comic book movies or superhero movies. They just see them as movies. Um, honestly, I think, to ask the question, 'when's the bubble going to burst?' or 'is there superhero fatigue?' - I think that almost belies to me what is the greater issue, which is, are we, as an industry, making enough television shows and movies that are not based on comic books - that are not about superheroes? Um, as far as I'm concerned, I love all the superhero movies. You know, I'm a big fan. I go to see, you know, all of them, pretty much. I can't think of the last one I skipped. But, at the same time, you know, I love pizza, but I don't want to only eat pizza... I want to have pizza, but I also want to have a hamburger, and I want to have sushi... I want a lot more variety in my movie and television diet, so that's what I crave as an audience member. ... Basically, it's not that we're making too many superhero movies. It's that we're not making enough movies. I think the number of superhero movies that we've had for the last couple of summers has pretty remained constant. You know, we can now rely upon a movie from DC. We can rely upon, you know, two movies from Marvel. (Host interjected that the movies have also shifted, some to fall, some to winter) - But the number of movies really has not, I think, fundamentally changed over the last - call it three years. What has changed is the number of movies that are not superhero movies - those have declined sharply. And that's a huge problem. That's a huge problem... But, to that point, shame on everyone who hasn't gone to see Blade Runner 2049... [T]he truth of the matter is, if there are fewer movies being made and more superhero movies - and/or more superhero movies being made, we as an audience only have ourselves to blame. I mean, the studios - they're not complicated creatures. They make the stuff that will sell tickets. Period. That's it. So if you want to see more really intelligent, remarkably well-done science-fiction movies, for example, go see Blade Runner 2049." They also talked about the complicated movie studio marketing system, as well as how some movies must be watched on a big screen, while other movies can be watched on a smaller screen without losing anything.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

And, you know, I'm a former attorney. I see facets and nuances in everything

Hahahahaha

It also amuses me that today, Nazis are not 100% bad in some circles.

Each CGI arrow costs $3000... wow.

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Someone told me that, like, one of the major studios did a study of, like, teenage, you know, 10-year-old boys. And, um, they don't even see these comic book movies as comic book movies or superhero movies. They just see them as movies.

If he thinks of 10 year old boys are = to teenagers, no wonder he's writing Myson like he's five years old.

Are they ever going to ask girls what they want to see?

The logical fallacy, Mr. Nuances Attorney, is that while superhero movies can hold all the good writing and directing of a non-superhero movie (e.g. Wonder Woman), just because it's a superhero movie doesn't mean it's going to be a good movie.  Too many superhero movies (Batman vs Superman cough cough) try to get by on the fact that they are a superhero movie rather than a good movie.  That's the point at which there are too many superhero movies.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
On 10/17/2017 at 11:30 PM, bijoux said:

You guys, who can explain this to me?

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/920471090744274944

? Like, why would she keep that photo? 

I didn't see this until tonight (I didn't watch the episode until tonight), but yeah.  I don't get why the props people did that.  Why not a picture of just her and Laurel together - didn't Quinton use to have one on his desk? Or her and Laurel with their dad?  Choosing a pic with Oliver is a very strange choice, because it means someone had to create that picture, and....why?

Edited by Starfish35

Is This Is Us Twist Too Much? Who Had the Best Anthropomorphic Vagina? Are Flash Physics Farcical? And More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz and Rebecca Iannucci / October 20 2017, 10:49 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/10/20/this-is-us-season-2-kate-pregnant-tv-questions-answers/

12 | Why did The Flash‘s speed-binge include Jon Snow’s June 2015 death (and his May 2016 revival) if Barry had only been gone for six months? During the closing skirmish, why did Wally just stand there while Kilg%re went about hacking Barry’s speed suit? If Central City is located a good 600 miles from Star City, why would its own newspaper’s front page refer simply to “Mayor Queen”? Could the opening scene with the Realtor have disguised Arrow‘s loft just a bit more? Finally (whew!), which was the most ridiculous instance of physics: a pulley system briskly shaking an elevator like a Yahtzee cup, or Barry disassembling a speeding car?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I didn't see this until tonight (I didn't watch the episode until tonight), but yeah.  I don't get why the props people did that.  Why not a picture of just her and Laurel together - didn't Quinton use to have one on his desk? Or her and Laurel with their dad?  Choosing a pic with Oliver is a very strange choice, because it means someone had to create that picture, and....why?

I could understand Sara having a picture of Laurel and Oliver in her office, but separate pictures of them. Or just kept the picture in its original state when it was Laurel, Quentin and her. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I could understand Sara having a picture of Laurel and Oliver in her office, but separate pictures of them. Or just kept the picture in its original state when it was Laurel, Quentin and her. 

Yeah. And they actually called attention to the picture which was weird. The logical (hah I know) reason I can think of is Ava will find out about the whole thing and be very unimpressed and use it as more proof of the Legends problems or it's going to come up in some other way. Otherwise, why bother? LL1 is dead and Arrow barely remembers Sara used to be on the show anymore and why mention it otherwise? It just makes me think you're "friend" Oliver is sleeping with both sisters he's hugging since that was all taken just pre gambit, which, ugh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

For me the bigger question is, why did they photoshop Oliver's face over Quentins instead of making a new one. 

Did they? I didn't realize that.  Well that makes even less sense now.  I'm not sure what you mean by "making a new one" though.  It would have made far more sense for Sara to have a picture of her and Laurel with their father than to have one of the two of them with Oliver.

Edited by Starfish35

There's more to this interview than what I quoted...

Legends of Tomorrow's Tala Ashe previews new addition to team
NATALIE ABRAMS OCTOBER 23, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/23/legends-of-tomorrow-tala-ashe-zari-interview/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell us about Zari and who she is as a person. 
TALA ASHE:
So Zari’s from the future. She’s from 2042 and she has had a very challenging life at the point when we meet her. She’s living in a sort of dystopian world and basically has her family, and feels like she needs to protect her family, and is really defensive of her family, so she’s not an obvious choice to join the Legends in a way, and to be part of a team. In the early episodes of Zari, you’re going to see that she’s for fighting the narrative of being a superhero, but also being part of a team and trusting people, because I think that’s something that has burned her in the past. Because of her upbringing, it’s not something that she easily adheres to. She is brilliant in that sense, and says what’s on her mind, and I think it’s quite funny. It’s a different tone to bring to the group of Legends. She shakes them up and I think challenges their mission.

The producers have mentioned before that she doesn’t just want the Legends to fix anachronisms, but fix time for the better.
Well, yeah, to improve time. We’re going to see instances of that where she’s a hacker, so I think she’s going to see if she can almost hack time. That’s going to create friction, and also challenge the Legends in an interesting way.
What can you tease of your dynamic with the members of the team? Is there anybody she gravitates more toward?
Well, I think that she and Ray sort of have a similar tech background, so there’s a little bit of overlay there, but very different perspectives on the world, so there’s going to be some friction there. She’s also going to bond with Amaya. There’s a larger thing that’s bringing us together, the two of us, on some journey that I don’t even quite know where we’re headed.

Is there anything you can tease of why Kuasa is hunting Zari?
Actually, what I can tease is that it’s a mystery. It’s something that I think is going to shake out through also Amaya’s relationship with Kuasa, so it’s something that I don’t actually quite know. There’s actually a lot of, “Why are these people after me?” in the first few episodes for Zari, but then something happens in the first episode that Zari appears where it gives her the impetus to join the Legends, and she has her own sort of mission in mind, but there is enough of an incentive to leave 2042 at that point.

We know Zari’s a hacker, but what can you tease of her powers?
She does have powers. What I will say, actually, is that she’s learning her powers, so she has this power that she’s a little bit ambivalent about, and I think the journey of this for Zari is also going to be about her owning the power, and owning being a superhero, and also figuring out how to harness that power.
Is it connected at all to Amaya? We know Kuasa has a totem and she’s related to Amaya, so are they all family?
No, no, no. We don’t actually know how we’re connected, but it seems like just the fact that there are two totems, we are the totem bearers, so there’s some link between us. Amaya catches onto it before I do, and has to convince saying like, “There’s a connection between us, there’s a destiny that is bringing us together, even though we don’t quite know what it is.” Our totems are getting stronger because of it, by our proximity.

Edited by tv echo
58 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Did they? I didn't realize that.  Well that makes even less sense now.  I'm not sure what you mean by "making a new one" though.  It would have made far more sense for Sara to have a picture of her and Laurel with their father than to have one of the two of them with Oliver.

Why didn't they make a new picture of the 3 of them together if they wanted something with them 3 in it together. 

35 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why didn't they make a new picture of the 3 of them together if they wanted something with them 3 in it together. 

Cheaper and quicker? I don't know.  I can't figure out why they wanted a photo with the three of them together in the first place.  It makes no sense for 1) that picture to have ever been taken in the first place, and 2) why Sara would keep it, much less display it, considering the history there.  I can't imagine what they were thinking, unless they were just thinking that they wanted to remind people that, hey, Sara knows that Green Arrow guy, and didn't think through how weird that would be for Sara to be displaying that particular photo.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

For me the bigger question is, why did they photoshop Oliver's face over Quentins instead of making a new one. 

1)These writers somehow think they are comedians.

2)To make fun of the horrible premise of the Lance sister debacle that started in the 1st episode of Arrow. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 2

“LEGENDS OF TOMORROW” PLOTS 1980S “STRANGER THINGS”-ESQUE HALLOWEEN EPISODE

http://www.tracking-board.com/legends-of-tomorrow-plots-1980s-stranger-things-esque-halloween-episode/

Legends of Tomorrow is getting on the 1980s nostalgia train with a planned Halloween episode that will be an homage to the Stranger Things decade, according to showrunners.

“We’re basically doing an episode where it’s a send up to the Amblin films of the 80s, it’s very Stranger Things, it’s a story where Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) as a young a boy befriends an alien, kind of lik Elliot in ET, the twist being that the alien he befriends is a baby Dominator,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim told a group of reporters ahead of the episode. “And chaos ensues.”

The Dominators should be familiar to fans of The CW’s Arrowverse, as they were the Big Bad that brought Supergirl into the fold in last year’s four-show crossover event.

But this time around, the drama will be wackier and less end-of-the-world serious.

“Ther’s a dance number in it,” teased EP Phil Klemmer about the episode. “Someone tries to have sex with a space alien… and it’s gonna be on Halloween, which is perfect.”

“A Billy Joel album is used as a weapon,” Guggenheim added. “It’s a crazy episode. I want to say it’s one of the best of the first eight.”

This season, Legends is also plotting a Vikings episode, a golden age of Hollywood episode and an episode that has the heroes come across Helen of Troy. Ahh the joys of time travel.

Legends of Tomorrow airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET on The CW after The Flash.

• Love 2

Here's why Batman might never appear on Arrow and join the DC TV universe
BY MORGAN JEFFERY  23 OCTOBER 2017
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/arrow/feature/a841278/arrow-batman-scene-reference-cameo-season-6-crossover/

After years of sly nods, veiled references and generally dancing around the issue, Arrow finally confirmed that Batman (or at least his alter-ego) exists in the established DC TV universe, with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) name-dropping Bruce Wayne in the latest episode.
But was this reference just another fun tip of the hat, or was it – as many fans are now hoping – a tip-off that the Caped Crusader could be taking a trip to Star City?

The hard and disappointing truth is that it's probably just the former. For years, the brains behind Arrow – and its sister shows The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow – have been insisting that a Batman cameo is at best a long shot, at worst a total pipe-dream.

It's been a topic of conversation since before Arrow even launched – in August 2012, two months before the show's October premiere, executive producer Marc Guggenheim revealed his hopes of a crossover, though admitted such a decision was "above [his] pay grade".

Indeed, a few months later, Mark Pedowitz – president of The CW, which airs Arrow and its ilk – stated definitively that Batman was not "going to make a trip" to Olivier Queen's home city.
By 2015, Arrow was an established hit, having just kicked off its fourth season, but little had changed. "I love Batman," Guggenheim said. "He's probably my favorite DC character and of course I'd love to see him on Arrow, but that's just not in the cards anytime soon."

Greg Berlanti, another key creative figure in the Arrowverse, was still insisting as of August 2016 that there'd be no guest spots from Batman or associated characters (Nightwing, Batgirl et al) in any of the four shows he'd helped put on the air.
Though there's never been a clear and official statement on the matter, there have been plenty of rumblings in the past few years suggesting that DC's cinematic operation can have a significant – and often detrimental – impact on its TV output.

For DC and Warner Bros, it always seemed that the movies took precedence – going right back to 2000, when what would become Batman Begins scotched plans for a series about a young Bruce Wayne, leading to the invention of Smallville instead.
Last year, Arrow star Willa Holland alleged that the show was forced to kill off its own version of the Suicide Squad when DC and Warner Bros announced its plans for a feature based around the anti-hero team.

And, back in 2014, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg appeared to confirm that Arrow and The Flash – the two shows on the air at the time – were outright banned from featuring material relating to Batman or Superman: "There are things we can do, and there are things we can't. You won't be hearing 'Gotham' or 'Metropolis' on the show anytime soon."

But this stance had apparently softened a little by 2016, with Supergirl being permitted to introduce its own version of Superman (played by Tyler Hoechlin) – distinct from the contemporaneous movie version (played by Henry Cavill).

"We asked if we could have Superman in the first episode, and DC and Warner Brothers said we could have him for the first two episodes!" Kreisberg explained. "[It sounds] like we're abused kids. But we're so happy with what we get to do."
However fractious that relationship might be, DC / Warner Bros were happy to sign off on Superman appearing as a guest character on Supergirl, and so presumably wouldn't object to a Dark Knight guest spot on Arrow purely on the grounds of Batfleck's existence. So the movies aren't the thing.

Far more considerable an obstacle is Gotham, the FOX series charting the rise of the city's most demented villains, and – like that planned '00s series – featuring a young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) on his path to becoming its shadowy protector.
But even if FOX and The CW were able to navigate this legal and logistical minefield, the story and setting of Gotham exists outside the universe inhabited by Oliver Queen and company. Carrying a young Bruce Wayne over into the Arrowverse – with its established, adult versions of DC heroes – would not be an easy fit.

The only other alternative would be to introduce a third screen Batman, played by an entirely new actor... but surely that way madness lies?
Two different versions of a character in two different mediums – film and TV – is one thing. But two different Batmen on television, simultaneously?

Edited by tv echo

Because lord knows that even after keeping track of numerous television shows and the entire continuity of Arrowverse, Gotham and Lucifer, I would never ever be able to process the idea of three iterations of one character.

• Love 16