Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Are you kidding? We are getting Luke Cage before DD or JJ ☹️ I did like Luke much better in the Defenders but his solo show was kind of dull. 

No, after Punisher it's JJ s2, or at least it's supposed to be. They finished filming it a while ago.

• Love 1

What can you tease about Anatoly’s return on Arrow this season? — Franco
Oliver’s mentor returning as an enemy, not an ally, will put the Emerald Archer in a very difficult position. “Anatoly has an interesting power over him that I don’t know a lot of other villains — if any villain at all — has ever had,” Stephen Amell tells me. “Oliver didn’t kill Chase for a very specific reason, because that’s what Chase wanted, but he tried to kill Malcolm, and he killed Slade once upon a time, and then put him away in prison, and then he went on this anti-killing thing, but he still killed Ra’s al Ghul and still killed Damien Darhk. Anatoly is this weird grey area of a guy that he loves and respects too much.”

When will Snart be back on Legends of Tomorrow? — Mar
Can’t say when, but I can tell you that he’ll return to find a very different Mick in his absence. “Mick’s really letting go,” Dominic Purcell says. “He’s really stepped out of Snart’s shadow and he’s, on the surface, less dark — still very dark, but not as deeply burdened. The great thing about Mick is that he is so funny, even more so this year, and I think that’s a condition of stepping out of Leonard’s shadow, and yet that also allows him to start finding himself.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/05/spoiler-room-arrow-greys-anatomy-once-upon-time/

• Love 3

I picked Legends and Black Lightning.  Those are the only two I'm sure I'm watching.  I'm very iffy on Supergirl right now due to the Mon-El/Saturn Girl spoilers, and there's a few other new ones I'm considering watching, but those are the only two for sure.

• Love 1

I have to admit that while I love seeing Wentworth and Dominic together on another show, LoT has definitely moved on from that partnership and I think both characters are better for it. So when there's talk about Snart's return, I'm not really interested in scenes with him and Mick again like I used to be, you know? 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I have to admit that while I love seeing Wentworth and Dominic together on another show, LoT has definitely moved on from that partnership and I think both characters are better for it. So when there's talk about Snart's return, I'm not really interested in scenes with him and Mick again like I used to be, you know? 

I'm the same.  I think both characters are more interesting with other people now.  

• Love 4

I've been thinking about trying The Gifted and Runaways.  

Arrow season five, Flash season three, and AoS season four are all in my Netflix queue right now, but I'm not sure if they'll ever be watched.  (The only reason Flash is on the list is because some things about season four look interesting, and I have a thing about watching stuff in order.)

31 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I've been thinking about trying The Gifted and Runaways.  

Arrow season five, Flash season three, and AoS season four are all in my Netflix queue right now, but I'm not sure if they'll ever be watched.  (The only reason Flash is on the list is because some things about season four look interesting, and I have a thing about watching stuff in order.)

AoS season four was really good. I wasn't too excited by the season finale cliffhanger but after last year I'm willing to give the writers a chance and hopefully they'll create a good storyline.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hehe I watch all the CW comic shows plus AoS. 

Hubby and I like to have them in the background while we eat dinner. 

I keep telling myself I will catch up on last seasons AoS.

But I have on the line up all the CW comic shows (including Riverdale and iZombie) plus Gotham and I'll give Gifted a few more chances as well.  I am at this moment watching the Inhumans but I'm not expecting much interest in the long run.  That wig is terrible.

I watch the four Arrowverse shows, Gotham, and Lucifer. Maybe one of those days I'll try the Marvel ones, but honestly they just seem "heavier" and my TV watching is pretty much light, fun stuff.

Legends is my favourite (I've shocked you all, I know), but Gotham is a close second. One thing Gotham has over Legends for me: they are literally doing EVERYTHING I'd dared ever hope for when it comes to my fave character, Bruce Wayne. I honestly can't say that about Mick and Legends.

Re. Snart: I'd have a complete meltdown if Mick ever went back to Central City as a Rogue, but I do wish they'd bring back post Vanishing Point Snart as an anachronism due to blah blah blah time-breaking cakes. He can go back to Central City and spend his days devising new ways to get The Flash to pay more attention to him. That way he can guest star on Legends to help out every now and again, and have bittersweet moments with Mick. I think he'd always represent for Mick "the road not taken" - a partnership and life that he might have enjoyed had Mick not boarded the Waverider...but he did, and he can't go back. Leonard is his past; the Legends (especially Ray and Amaya, don't take this from me) are his future.

• Love 3

I wanted to have a relaxing rewatch while I cleaned/did bills, and was  surprised when of all the shows I considered I chose Legends. I really enjoyed their team dynamic, humor,and villains--I'm not a huge fan of Nate but I really like all the other characters.  Other surprise:  I could not bring myself to watch any of Season 5 of Arrow, even eps 19 and 20. I thought my harsh opinion might have mellowed with time, but apparently not.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Trini said:

Do we know what the titles are for the crossover episodes yet?

I would assume Crisis on Earth-X I, II, III, and IV.  Isn't that the way they titled the Invasion episodes last season?  I don't know that they've posted any title pages though.  At least that I've seen.

ETA:  It looks like they were all just titled Invasion! Not I, II, and III like I'd thought.  So probably they'll do the same this year.  They'll all probably just be titled Crisis on Earth-X.

Edited by Starfish35

LoT- was my favorite show last season, it just a fun show that makes me smile when the credits start rolling. 

The Gifted - had a pretty good pilot, I'll see how it goes from there.

Aos - I didn't hate last season I just got kind of bored halfway through and haven't been in the mood to start it up again. 

Gotham - has been great this season so far. We are getting a true Batman begins storyline with all the ups and downs that come with wanting to be a hero. Bruce overacting his new playboy persona was great to see. 

Lucifer - always surprise me with their storylines and characters. I hated Detective Dan in first season, now I think he's a great character especially with Luci and Amen. 

The Punisher - looks dark and awesome. 

Legion - was trippy and enjoyable 

Nutshell version of crossover this year...

MG: Increased emotional stakes/payoffs.

MP: Romance will be in the air.

GB: Big life event for multiple people. Many life events.

AK: Barry & Iris will get married this season.

Media: Barry & Iris' wedding will be the reason for Arrowverse heroes to reunite for the crossover.

Poster (cover design): Crisis on Earth-X! Many, many superheroes! Nazi doppelgangers!

AK: Kara and Alex will be at the center of the crossover through all four hours.

WM: The crossover is really Oliver's story - Oliver and another character's - and explores question of true love.

Papps: Two weddings and a funeral! WestAllen, Olicity, Stein...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Aos - I didn't hate last season I just got kind of bored halfway through and haven't been in the mood to start it up again. 

Gotham - has been great this season so far. We are getting a true Batman begins storyline with all the ups and downs that come with wanting to be a hero. Bruce overacting his new playboy persona was great to see. 

I'm having the same experience with AoS.

Gotham has been great.  The focus of the show has gradually shifted from Gordon to Bruce with a smattering of the villains PoV that really works.  The kid they have playing Bruce continues to impress me.  I'm desperate for the show to last long enough to get the full transformation to Batman. 

• Love 3

All Arrowverse stuff (after brief discussion of The Gifted)...

Entertainment Weekly's Superhero Insider - New Seasons!
Kyle Anderson & Natalie Abrams   Oct. 6, 2017   

-- Supergirl: Picks up a couple months after last season's finale. Kara is throwing herself into her job of being Supergirl and has pushed aside her humanity, as her way of dealing with having sent away Mon-el. Humanity also is an issue for J'onn, Reign, and Alex. The new Kara is very "no-nonsense." We don't know when Mon-el will return, but per Natalie, we may see him sooner than we expect. Morgan Edge (Adrian Pasdar) will be introduced and he's a "pure bad guy." He's a villain for Lena. Lena will struggle in her friendship with Kara, who's pushing everyone away. Lena will also be dealing with guilt over Kara's loss of her great love, Mon-el. James Olsen will get a new love interest, and we'll see more of him "in his James Olsen photography roots" and at CatCo, but we won't see as much of him as the Guardian right away (maybe down the line). How Cat Grant appears is a mystery but it is "brilliant". Per Natalie, all we know about Reign's arc is that she initially doesn't know her origin and is discovering it along the way; other than that, we know the comics story for Reign.

-- The Flash: Kyle has little concern for last season's cliffhanger because the show is still called The Flash and therefore Barry will likely return sooner rather than later. Per Natalie, Barry returns a little scrambled. This season, he'll be the fully-fledged Flash of the comics. He's been cleansed of his fears, doubts, sins, etc. and back to being happy to be the Flash. Therefore, both Barry and the show are back to being lighter. The Thinker is the big bad this season, and Team Flash doesn't even know initially that he's out there. He's the fastest mind alive. Tom Felton is not returning this season, but the door has been left open for his return. Natalie's sense is that, in the six months while Barry was gone, Julian left to do other things. Hartley Sawyer is joining the show as the Elongated Man. Natalie will have some scoop soon on him. Cisco will meet Gypsy's father (Danny Trejo). Caitlin and Killer Frost will both be seen this year. We'll get more of a withdrawn Caitlin as she struggles with being both. Joe and Cecile are doing well, although Iris and Cecile will have some "drama." Harry will be sticking around and has an "emotional journey" this year that "ties into the Thinker's plans." Wally is still around and has been acting as the Flash in Barry's absence. Jessie is out there on Earth 3. Natalie has not heard whether or when she'll return.

-- Legends: They've broken time. In this new reality, Rip Hunter has reconstituted a new time council called the Time Bureau, leaving the Legends without a rudder. They're focus-free. The Legends want to go around and fix time anachronisms (not time aberrations) - people, places and things that have been displaced in time. The Time Bureau is the "scalpel," as opposed to the Legends, which are the "chainsaw." So the Legends are sort of out of a job, except that there are so many anachronisms that the Time Bureau can't handle them all. So the Legends jump in and help with some of the anachronsms. This is not done with the Time Bureau's approval, so there's butting heads between Rip and the Legends. We'll meet a new member of the Legends, Zari from the future, relatively quickly. When we meet Zari, her brother has been killed and her family is presumed missing. She wants to join the Legends in order to save her brother and gets upset when she finds out that rules prevent her from saving him. But because she's a computer hacker, she wants to find a loophole in order to save her brother. She wants to "hack time" and figure out how she can save him. Natalie noticed that in the crossover art, Zari is wearing an amulet, just like Amaya and Kuasa wear amulets. Natalie noted that everyone is on that crossover poster and that they're all going to Barry & Iris' wedding. There'll be a group of villains on Legends this year, including post-Arrow S4 Damian Darhk and Kuasa. MG refused to tell Natalie what this group of villains is after because "that's the whole season.", but Natalie heard rumors that there's a supernatural element to this season and that maybe Darhk is not the leader. We'll also meet Darhk's daughter, played by Courtney Ford (BR's wife irl). We'll get a big flashback to Ray Palmer's childhood this year. We'll see Captain Cold back this season, but a different version of him. 

-- Arrow: Kyle said that, if someone had told him back in S1 that the show would still be here six seasons later, he'd say they were crazy, but here we are. Natalie said that the EPs would not tell her who lived and who died, other than to say that death is not necessarily the worst fate that one could face from the explosion. She referenced MG's responses ("Dead, dead, dead.") that were reported in yesterday's EW article. However, she hinted that Oliver is forced to step up as a father this year (implying that Samantha died), but Kyle was clueless as to what she meant. The premiere will pick up in present day, but the flashbacks will pick up right before the explosion. We'll see Anatoly back this season. Per Natalie, he comes back with a vengeance and he's pissed at Oliver/Team Arrow, but Oliver may not be able to kill Anatoly.  Sydelle Noel will play FBI agent Samanda Watson, who's determined to prove some sort of connection between Oliver and the GA. She's not really a part of the villain cabal, but she is another foe for Oliver. Natalie also mentioned Richard Dragon and Michael Emerson's mystery character, and said that it sounds like everyone will have a foe this season. Kyle asked who Natalie thought was most likely dead. Natalie once again asked him to think about why Oliver would have to step up as a father. Again, Kyle was clueless.

Edited by tv echo

I'm pretty sure the bad premonition will be a Flash season 3 "Iris will die" type of scenario where the season is about figuring out how to keep it from happening. I actually think the most likely will be suggesting that Reign might kill Kara, simply because the Legion of Super Heroes is involved and I don't think that they would come back if it was "just" Alex, James or even J'onn getting killed. 

BTW, don't know why they try to make it a mystery how Cat returns, various places have already said that she'll be the speaker of the president. 

21 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Reading that review and seeing the bad preminition part just made me wonder if TV Line ever revealed their blind about a show killing an original regular. Supergirl was listed as one of the possible shows.

I think that was revealed to be The Blacklist after it's premiere.

• Love 1

Constantine: Matt Ryan Gets Animated in CW Seed Series — See Poster
By Vlada Gelman / October 6 2017, 12:30 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/10/06/constantine-animated-series-poster-cw-seed-matt-ryan/

Constantine is getting resurrected, and we’ve got your first look at Matt Ryan’s demon hunter in all his animated glory for the CW Seed offshoot.

Live-action series star Ryan — who played the character on the short-lived NBC drama, and then reprised his role on The CW’s Arrow — returns to voice the DC Comics hero.

“Armed with an arcane knowledge of the dark arts and a wicked wit, he fights the good fight,” reads the official show description. “With his soul already damned to hell, he’ll do whatever it takes to protect the innocent. With the balance of good and evil on the line‎, Constantine uses his skills to face the supernatural terrors that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there’s hope for him and his soul after all.”
The animated Constantine — written by J.M. DeMatteis (Justice League Dark, Batman vs. Robin) and executive-produced by David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy) and the Arrowverse’s Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter — is slated to debut on The CW’s digital arm CW Seed in early 2018. But if you’re at New York Comic Con this Sunday, you can catch a three-minute sneak peek at the start of Warner Bros. Television’s programming block in the Hammerstein Ballroom at 2 pm.

constantine-poster.jpg?w=575&h=866 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Yes, thank you! I completely blanked on his name. I also remember him from Judging Amy.

I'm with @lemotomato. Why is this the first we're hearing of him? 

Edited by Guest
13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yes, thank you! I completely blanked on his name. I also remember him from Judging Amy.

I'm with @lemotomato. Why is this the first we're hearing of him? 

Sorry, my bad. Apparently they announced him at SDCC, I just wasn't paying attention.

Pasdar really gets around. He's been on Agents of SHIELD and is also guesting on Lethal Weapon this season.

Edited by lemotomato

The news has definitely been around for a while. He could even be seen way back in the comic con promo ("You're gonna regret the day you screwed me. Because now you have all of my attention") in a scene with Lena, around 1:10 into the video. 

Edited by tofutan
20 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Sorry, my bad. Apparently they announced him at SDCC, I just wasn't paying attention.

Pasdar really gets around. He's been on Agents of SHIELD and is also guesting on Lethal Weapon this season.

Oh. Neither was I then. Haha.