Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Well, let's see:

Haircut = Ray

Ponytail = Felicity

Robin Hood = Oliver

....feel free to add on. :)

Skirt = Kara

Barry loves it so much they need to share it with a therapist. It also sounds like they are going for an Olicity dynamic in the labs in WestAllen.

Heh. They'll probably go for the comedy in that therapist scene with lots of metaphors for what's going on. It will probably be just for that episode and then Iris will be more in the background again, sigh. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3

Considering that Tom Welling is known to be an introvert and has/had valid reasons for avoiding the press (hence not giving interviews), someone must hate him, because I tuned in to Lucifer to see him on my screen again, and I all I could think was: 'WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOUR HAIR???!!!!!!!' ??????????????????I can only think whoever is responsible  wanted to make him look as unattractive as possible next to the guy who plays Lucifer.  

And while Welling is no Shakespearean Thespian, as @BkWurm1 pointed out, when he's with good actors, he ups his game. And one only needs to recall how great he was channeling John Glover/Lionel Luthor in Season 4's "Transference" and his SEXAY BADASS self as Clark on Red Kryptonite in Season 3's "Exile." His character is supposed to be a jerk on Lucifer.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

You know, I actually thought that blondie would sound pretty natural coming from Mick as well.

It has a lot to do with who and why it's said.  It's different with Mick.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Barry = Red

Nate = Pretty

Stein = Professor

Jax = Kid

Can't remember if Cisco got one or not....

And yeah, Mick uses "Blondie" pretty endearingly with Sara. The only time I can think of when he didn't was when he was going to save Ray from himself at Camelot against Sara's orders. When Sara said something like, "Don't test me, Mick," he shot back, "Then don't threaten me, Blondie."

Of course, my grandfather used to call me Blondie, so maybe I just have a soft spot for it.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 2

The problem with Blondie is Felicity asked not to be called that and Wild Dog kept calling her that anyway. 

I think Mick Called Sara Blondie once or Twice.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 7

Season 2 finale on the Somme battlefield, @Starfish35. I think they were just about to board the Waverider to trick their other selves and steal the Spear of Destiny.

Y'know, it occurs to me that one types the strangest sentences when trying to explain something from Legends....

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 4

According to Arrow executive producer Wendy Mericle, the crossover is "really Oliver's story... It's Oliver and one other character in the Arrow-verse's story. It really explores the question of true love, and what does that look like? It's emotionally really compelling, and you're going to be surprised by what he learns and how he learns it and who he learns it from. It's pretty crazy stuff, I'm not going to lie."

Aligns with what they've said before about the crossover theme. I'm assuming most of the major characters from all the shows are going to 'learn a lesson' about love.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Trini said:

Aligns with what they've said before about the crossover theme. I'm assuming most of the major characters from all the shows are going to 'learn a lesson' about love.

No doubt they'll all be inspired by WestAllen.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I am - and continue to be - skeptical about anything WM has to say, but based on this Oliver's big story line in the crossover (based on a comic book story line that comic book fans are supposed to love) is going to be about the true love he has with Felicity?  

Man - Twitter is going to be a fun place come crossover time.    

• Love 6

That's the best they can do for Nazi's? Not even a little bit creative in costumes.

Just now, lemotomato said:

The first Olicitot will be named West Allen in honor of Barry and Iris for showing them what true love is.

That's kind of brilliant and creepy with the whole Kimye connection ?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I am - and continue to be - skeptical about anything WM has to say, but based on this Oliver's big story line in the crossover (based on a comic book story line that comic book fans are supposed to love) is going to be about the true love he has with Felicity?  

Man - Twitter is going to be a fun place come crossover time.    

The "comic book fans are gonna love it" comment refers to the overall storyline of crossing with Earth X, which was apparently a big event in the comics. No one said anything about comic fans loving Oliver's storyline specifically. Before this TV Guide article there was nothing about Oliver and romance in the crossover at all.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't recall them ever singling out a character like that before for the whole crossover.  I find it very encouraging.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

The "comic book fans are gonna love it" comment refers to the overall storyline of crossing with Earth X, which was apparently a big event in the comics. No one said anything about comic fans loving Oliver's storyline specifically. Before this TV Guide article there was nothing about Oliver and romance in the crossover at all.

Before this article the crossover was all about Supergirl and Kara/Alex ??

I think I might have called this awhile back that each show runner was going to talk about how the crossover was all about their show. Waiting for MG to claim it's all about Stein and the Berlanti to say it's all about Barry (AJK tossed his hat behind Supergirl)

• Love 10

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not crazy about the idea of the crossover being "Oliver's story".  Oliver is the reason I'm no longer watching Arrow, sooooooo.... yeah. :(  I'm not sure I'm surprised - the crossovers have always put a lot of focus on Oliver and Barry.  But still.  

I guess we'll see how exaggerated (or not) that turns out to be.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Was it ever mentioned if Wally is even going to be at his sister wedding? 

I'm assuming he will be? Because there is zero excuse for him and Joe to not be there when he can just run them to wherever the wedding ends up being. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Before this article the crossover was all about Supergirl and Kara/Alex ??

That's how people have been interpreting the Kreisberg quote, but I don't think Kara and Alex were ever the central story.

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm assuming he will be? Because there is zero excuse for him and Joe to not be there when he can just run them to wherever the wedding ends up being. 

Just asking because apparently Wally is in the first two episodes and then there will be episodes without him. Which makes me wonder if Wally has any leftover issues with Barry. 

2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not crazy about the idea of the crossover being "Oliver's story".  Oliver is the reason I'm no longer watching Arrow, sooooooo.... yeah. :(  I'm not sure I'm surprised - the crossovers have always put a lot of focus on Oliver and Barry.  But still.  

I guess we'll see how exaggerated (or not) that turns out to be.

Take solace in the fact that it's WM speaking. ? ?

Seriously though, it's probably Barry's, Oliver's and Kara's story in different ways. And WM is just talking about Oliver's particular journey. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Take solace in the fact that it's WM speaking. ? ?

Seriously though, it's probably Barry's, Oliver's and Kara's story in different ways. And WM is just talking about Oliver's particular journey. 

That's exactly what I suspect. They're all talking up their characters. Although, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out the focus is on just Barry/Oliver.

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's exactly what I suspect. They're all talking up their characters. Although, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out the focus is on just Barry/Oliver.

Of course. Can't let the woman have too much focus!

But yeah, if the crossover ends on their weddings, I'm expecting them both to get slightly more emphasis than Kara tbh. 

I think in the Berlantiverse they treat Oliver Barry and Kara as the Batman Superman Wonder Woman trinity. The big guns of the universe.

So I think Oliver Barry and Kara will each pull the main emotional weight and story drive of the crossover. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Of course. Can't let the woman have too much focus!

But yeah, if the crossover ends on their weddings, I'm expecting them both to get slightly more emphasis than Kara tbh. 

Probably but I suspect that Kara will learn the lesson not to give up on love or something like that only her lesson won't pay off so quickly.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Well, Stein dying will have the emotional weight on the legends end. I still think he's who will drive home what True Love means. 

That's a very good point. We've been speculating that Stein's death us what prompts both couples to seize the day and get married right away.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Probably but I suspect that Kara will learn the lesson not to give up on love or something like that only her lesson won't pay off so quickly.  

Or Kara and Alex both learn that whatever chaotic thing happens in their love lives they can learn on their sister. (I think they said something about this season having a lot of the Kara and Alex stories happening in tandem). 

I still think it's really off that Mon-El isn't the crossover, seems like at least having his evil Earth-X version showing up would make a lot of sense if Kara is supposed to be pensive about relationship issues (because apparently everybody else is). 

The other thing Kara could reflect on would be how her other self could turn to the dark side, to mirror Reign's story and how Reign could turn to the bad side when she's so well intentioned originally. Or maybe Kara really is mostly there to support Alex' story and really doesn't have her own story the way Barry and Ollie do. 

6 minutes ago, tofutan said:

I still think it's really off that Mon-El isn't the crossover, seems like at least having his evil Earth-X version showing up would make a lot of sense if Kara is supposed to be pensive about relationship issues (because apparently everybody else is). 

The other thing Kara could reflect on would be how her other self could turn to the dark side, to mirror Reign's story and how Reign could turn to the bad side when she's so well intentioned originally. Or maybe Kara really is mostly there to support Alex' story and really doesn't have her own story the way Barry and Ollie do. 

Mon-el doesn't have to be there for Kara to have issues with love concerning him. He just returned in 307 after presumably being gone forever and he comes back with a gf/wife, so the crossover for her and Alex can simply be about moving on (Alex, since that seems to be her plot post-breakup) or not giving up on love (Kara, since her plot is around giving up love/Kara Danvers), especially while during everything you've got WestAllen and Olicity having end up together despite everything that happened to them or Stein that ends up doing whatever.

• Love 2

Do we even know whether Kara and Mon-El even meet in 307? For all we know that's just the first time Mon-El is revealed to the audience, not the moment when Saturngirl and all that stuff is revealed to Kara. 

I think KP specifically said that Mon-el comes back in 307, and Amy Jackson was cast around/before filming for 307, but I wouldn't think they would reveal all of it to the audience and then have to have a whole second reveal to Kara later in say 309 or 3b. Plus, it would be a similar set-up they had for the musical crossover last year of Kara and Mon-el breaking up right before to have the crossover set them back up.

I wouldn't think they would reveal all of it to the audience and then have to have a whole second reveal to Kara later in say 309 or 3b. 

I don't have a hard time picturing that, especially since so far everything seems like they want to dish out his return in small doses. People have always theorized that we would first see Mon-El wherever he is and not have him return back to earth immediately. 

I could easily picture that as some sort of cliffhanger. Kara near the end of the episode having a conversation with somebody about Mon-El, wondering where he is, if he is thinking of her, and than cut to Titan where Mon-El is schmoozing around with the new wife. Or cut to Mon-El and Saturngirl on Titan talking about Reign is a huge threat who needs to be stopped. 

To me it seems more off that you would have Kara finding out about Mon-El and Saturngirl in 7 and then not have them be at all in the crossover. I also think that it would have made a certain amount of sense to have Mon-El and Kara be a topic in the crossover, considering there already crossed over to Barry and Iris before. But we know that that isn't the case. So because of this specifically I think Kara still being clueless during the crossover would make sense. 

Maybe they'll leave the meat of Kara finding out about Mon-El and the Legion for the cliffhanger before the hiatus? 

• Love 2

DC CROSSOVER: Earth-X Nazis in Vancouver for ARROW, THE FLASH, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW & SUPERGIRL Crossover
By Susan Gittins October 4, 2017
http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/10/dc-crossover-earth-x-nazis-in-vancouver-for-arrow-the-flash-legends-of-tomorrow-supergirl-crossover.html

Arrow is hosting today at the former Canada Post Building in a blacked-out set in the vast parking lots. There are Earth-X Nazis on set so can evil Arrow-X, the Flash-X, Supergirl-X and Prometheus-X be far behind?

Marvel's Luke Cage first look: Iron Fist joins Luke in season 2
SHIRLEY LI ON OCTOBER 4, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/04/marvel-luke-cage-season-2-iron-fist-photo/

Danny Rand (Finn Jones) a.k.a. the Immortal Iron Fist a.k.a. Protector of K’un-Lun a.k.a. Sworn Enemy of the Hand a.k.a. the Defender the other Defenders kept picking on will appear in the second season of Marvel’s Luke Cage with Luke Cage (Mike Colter) himself.

Marvel is keeping details of Danny’s involvement under wraps, but when Luke’s standalone series returns on Netflix, the two comic-book partners will be seen together at least once. EW has the evidence with this exclusive first look at the pair in season 2:

No word yet on what brings two of the four Defenders back in each other’s orbit — maybe Misty (Simone Missick) wants to thank Danny for her new arm? — but here’s hoping it’s to fight enemies, not each other. That’d be moving forward.

marvels-luke-cage.jpg?w=2700

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1