Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Kreisberg: It's going to take [Barry] and Cisco and Caitlin and a few other surprise people

Me: I think he forgot an important person who's supposedly the team leader?

-- 

Honestly after seeing that video I don't even think Iris is going to have a big role this season other than Love Interest again...

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Perhaps the idea that people don't matter much unless they have powers and/or wear masks extends over to Flash, too.

If you don't have powers or experience (Oliver) you're rendered insignificant to the team?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I think I want an all-girls team up with the boys taking the B plot separate from the ladies.

Host Show: Arrow

Characters: Felicity, Dinah, Thea, Lyla, Donna

What Happens: The ladies take a trip to Vegas for a fun weekend where they get entangled into shenanigans (maybe mob related?) Donna's needed to provide a sexy distraction. I'm thinking Ocean's 11 type stuff. B Plot - The boys are back in Starling City buying socks or decorating Olicity's new house. Who cares? This is about lady time.

I enjoyed all the suggestions but this one I wanted to tweak just a tiny bit.  Donna is supposed to be the sexy distraction but last minute she twists her ankle (those are VERY high heels) and so Felicity is forced to pinch hit and play the vamp.  Hilarity ensues.  Donna is made proud.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13

This is for The CW's Black Lightning...

Now casting: Comic book movie seeking African-American stand-ins
Mary Caldwell  Aug. 30, 2017
http://www.ajc.com/news/world/now-casting-comic-book-movie-seeking-african-american-stand-ins/mg8HG00pPbx8Vjg6qw8SzL/

The following stand-ins are needed: 

African-American male – 6’4” to 6’6”, 200 to 220 pounds, with a brown complexion (Subject: Stand-in #1) 

African-American female – 5’4” to 5’6”, 120 to 130 pounds, with a chocolate complexion (Subject: Stand-in #2) 

African-American female – 5’3” to 5’5”, 100 to 115 pounds, with a peanut butter/light brown complexion (Subject: Stand-in #3) 

African-American female – 5’7” to 5’9”, 140 to 155 pounds, with a chocolate complexion (Subject: Stand-in #4) 

When are they filming? 
Filming will begin the first week in September, and your schedule should be flexible. Interviews and camera testing will be conducted on Aug. 31 in Decatur. 

How much does it pay? 
Pay is $100 for eight hours with overtime after that. 

How do I submit? 
Send an email with your information and photos to blacklightningextras@gmail.com and include the role you’re submitting for in the subject line. Include recent photos and your legal name, number, age, height, weight and all clothing sizes (including shoes). Also include any stand-in resume/experience. 

Edited by tv echo

I only quoted the Green Arrow portion, but the article also talked about The Flash, Supergirl and Rip Hunter (rather simplistic)..

Where did superheroes come from? The weird and wonderful origin stories of DC's TV stars
BYJO-ANNE ROWNEY   30 AUG 2017
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/superheros-come-from-weird-wonderful-11083216

Green Arrow
When was he created: Created by Mortimer Weisinger and designed by George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 in November 1941.

His story

A billionaire, a drunk and a womanising fool, Oliver Queen was a playboy thrill seeker with no ties, responsibilities or direction in life.

When looking at the origins of Green Arrow, this is where the similarity between comic and small screen ends. Acting as an alternative narrative, the DC TV Oliver Queen set upon his crusade of retribution on the last wish of his dying father. Armed with Robert Queen’s list of those who wronged Starlight City, Oliver became known as The Hood, ready to cause mischief, damage and to above all, achieve ruthless revenge.

Savage in action and passive of his consequences, The Hood’s reign was destructive but short-lived thanks to the death of his best friend, Tommy. Racked with guilt and shame, Oliver Queen continued his crusade as a vigilante, but vowed never to kill again, adopting his mission under a new alias: The Arrow.

Despite the Arrow’s best intentions to successfully continue his quest, his identity became compromised and after completing a final mission, he retired. Yet Oliver couldn’t quite keep himself away from the thrills and adventure of Star City and ultimately re-embarked upon his quest, acting as a symbol of hope, known as our familiar Green Arrow backed up by best friend John Diggle and partner in love and heroics, Felicity Smoak (rather than the Black Canary of the comics).

Arrow.png

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Savage in action and passive of his consequences, The Hood’s reign was destructive but short-lived thanks to the death of his best friend, Tommy. 

Are those words supposed to make sense put together? Because it really doesn't feel like it.

• Love 1

The actress, who will first appear in episode 305, will play Eleanor, who is smart and cunning with a charming dose of otherworldly creepiness — think Wednesday Addams all grown up. Her innocent looks can be disarming, but it’s all an act. This woman is dangerous with an uncanny ability to manipulate others, and is able to tell people exactly what they want to hear. She’s highly intelligent and is always several moves ahead. Her unique dark talents all stem from the fact that she is Damien Darhk’s daughter. Ford, whose credits also include Supernatural and True Blood, is also the real-life wife of Legends star Brandon Routh. Interestingly enough, his character Ray will have an unexplainable attraction to Eleanor, despite her evil ways.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

Interesting....

The actress, who will first appear in episode 305, will play Eleanor, who is smart and cunning with a charming dose of otherworldly creepiness — think Wednesday Addams all grown up. Her innocent looks can be disarming, but it’s all an act. This woman is dangerous with an uncanny ability to manipulate others, and is able to tell people exactly what they want to hear. She’s highly intelligent and is always several moves ahead. Her unique dark talents all stem from the fact that she is Damien Darhk’s daughter.

Ford, whose credits also include Supernatural and True Blood, is also the real-life wife of Legends star Brandon Routh. Interestingly enough, his character Ray will have an unexplainable attraction to Eleanor, despite her evil ways.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Are those words supposed to make sense put together? Because it really doesn't feel like it.

I was just about to ask if that was a British expression.

11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So, she's Dahrk's creepy daughter all grown up? Or is this another daughter from another timeline? Almost makes me want to watch LOT just to see her with Brandon :)

4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

So, she's Dahrk's creepy daughter all grown up? Or is this another daughter from another timeline? 

I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it, but it should be another daughter. The one on Arrow was Nora.

17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I was just about to ask if that was a British expression.

Nope not a British expression, just someone either trying to throw some random sentences copied and pasted from elsewhere into a fluff piece for "Silly Season" or an intern trying to sound "literary" and failing miserably. Or you know, just every day in British Red Top Tabloids.

11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

So... does Ray fall in love with every woman he comes across or...?????

Hmm. Well they were touting Zari as a Ray romance a couple of weeks ago. Don't know a real life husband/wife "pairing" on one of their shows usually doesn't last long, ala Melissa Benoist's then RL husband playing 2 ep love interest Adam. He could have a momentary attraction to her ala the meta "she looks like my cousin" re Kara in Invasion. It really depends on how long she's sticking around and how she'll be interacting with DD. Right now I think this is mostly stunt casting for the short term but who knows?

Nora could certainly be a derivative of Eleanor so that's no problem if they want to go that route, I'm just not particularly psyched about a post 4.23 DD coming back. Unless Sara really gets to put him in the ground or worse this time.

Edited by Featherhat
1 minute ago, Featherhat said:

Hmm. Well they were touting Zari as a Ray romance a couple of weeks ago. Don't know a real life husband/wife "pairing" on one of their shows usually doesn't last long, ala Melissa Benoist's then RL husband playing 2 ep love interest Adam. He could have a momentary attraction to her ala the meta "she looks like my cousin" re Kara in Invasion. It really depends on how long she's sticking around and how she'll be interacting with DD. Right now I think this is mostly stunt casting for the short term but who knows?

Let me rephrase...

So does Ray get (or want to get) romantically attached to every woman he comes across?

• Love 1
Just now, wonderwall said:

Let me rephrase...

So does Ray get (or want to get) romantically attached to every woman he comes across?

Yeah I knew what you were asking, I just got tangled in the new casting info. Yes, he seems to more often than not. He hasn't really shown any attraction to Sara or she to him (thankfully) but yeah he's liked a lot of the female characters, including Lily Stein who seems per IMDb (yeah I know) to be in a few episodes this season. I know why they and BR would want Ray in a romantic relationship and the guy would probably like to find someone who likes him best not 2nd best but I continue to think BR works best on screen when *not* in a relationship.

• Love 2

Spoilers for Flash and Supergirl

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/31/spoiler-room-scoop-on-once-upon-a-time-supergirl-teen-wolf/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Any Lena/Kara scoop for Supergirl? — Brianna
Following the events of the finale, as Kara pushes away her humanity, Lena will suffer guilt over her involvement in costing Kara her relationship. “While Lena’s feeling good that she helped saved the world, she feels very responsible that her best friend is hurting, and she’s trying to bring Kara back to the friendship that they had,” says Katie McGrath, who teases that Lena will do something very big in the premiere to try to rectify that.

Do you know which version of Wells will be on The Flash this season? — Brad
Initially, it’s a return to the Earth-2 Wells, though I can tease that Harry won’t be the only Wells we’ll see this season. In the meantime, Harry will be struggling to find his own place. “He’s a genius, and his daughter is safe, and she’s The Flash on Earth-3, and he’s one of those people who’s realizing that he doesn’t have a life,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says. “So season 4 for Harry is really realizing what he’s missing in his life and what it is he needs to become a better, more complete person, and so he’s going to be going on a fairly epic emotional journey this season that is tied to The Thinker’s plan.”

Edited by Velocity23

DC Comics and Greg Berlanti have found their Dick Grayson.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Brenton Thwaites has been cast in the lead role as the Boy Wonder in straight to series drama Titans. The show will debut in 2018 on the DC Comics-branded digital platform.

2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

The show will debut in 2018 on the DC Comics-branded digital platform.

The who what now? Is that going to be like CBS's All Access thing? Does DC even have enough exclusive material to launch their own channel?

6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The who what now? Is that going to be like CBS's All Access thing? Does DC even have enough exclusive material to launch their own channel?

It's ridiculous. No way I'm paying for this. Everyone wants their own streaming service now as a way charge people for more tv viewing. This digital service by DC is also supposed to have the return of Young Justice.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I've wondered that myself.  Maybe they will give access to some sort of digital comics library as well as TV shows?

It'll be interesting to see what they charge as a subscription fee.  Right now I can't see doing it myself, not even for Young Justice, much as I love that show. 

ETA:  here's the press release about it.http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/04/25/titans-and-young-justice-outsiders-to-debut-on-upcoming-dc-branded-digital-service

Both fan-driven series [Titans and Young Justice] are in early stages of production and will air exclusively on a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service in 2018. Operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks Group, the new digital service will deliver an immersive experience designed just for DC fans.

Edited by Starfish35

They also yanked all the movies/dcau from streaming services to host on the channel.   Not that I'm about to spend any more money to stream things for the benefit of two new shows.   

As of right now, Batman: the Animated Series and Superman: the Animated Series are still available on Amazon Prime, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last.  They did pull all their animated stuff off Netflix though.  I don't know about Hulu - I don't know what they had before.

CW Seed has Birds of Prey and a few animated movies.  Hulu has Smallville. Netflix has rights to all CW DC shows. 

Trying to think what other shows they might have available?  There's probably a lot I'm not thinking of.

Edited by Starfish35
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

DC Comics and Greg Berlanti have found their Dick Grayson.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Brenton Thwaites has been cast in the lead role as the Boy Wonder in straight to series drama Titans. The show will debut in 2018 on the DC Comics-branded digital platform.

I have no idea who this actor is so I googled him and this dude really is the best they could find to portray Richard Grayson? For serious?

giphy.gif

• Love 2
5 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Let me rephrase...

I do think part of Ray's character is WANTING to be in love even if in this last season he seemed more depressed and cynical (for him) about the chances of finding love.  I think Ray is a guy that so wants what he had before that he's ready to react to any attraction.  Plus he is a heart on his sleeve guy about EVERYTHING, lol.  Buy his sappy ways are one of the reasons I really like the guy.  

• Love 5

Questions about the new CW/DC trailer -- in the clip at 0:25, you can see a woman (her arm) with white(ish?) hair slam a guy's head into a pinball(?) game.
Does anyone recognize that clip? I know there's footage from the old seasons as well as the upcoming season. It could possibly be Killer Frost, Livewire, or China White. Or another white-haired character? If it's a new clip, then we've got some idea about who is showing up in the first few episodes (of whichever show).

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Omg I'm really excited about Legends now! Looks like there will be some Ray heavy eps! Squeeeeeee

Can't wait to see BR and his wife onscreen!!!!!! 

I think it could be interesting, Ray being this awkward guy with a heart of gold and falling for a  a sweet-but-evilly-manipulative Darhk.  She's recurring so she'll be in more than one episode.

I'm a Ray/Lily shipper for the longterm though.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Pretty sure it's Killer Frost. Caitlin looks to be wearing the same bracelet in the Flash trailer.

Hmmmmmmmm.... I hope they're not doing the 'Jekyll & Hyde' treatment for her, which did NOT work last time.

• Love 2

I like Ray/Lily as well but having Courtney Ford, BR's wifey play an evil LI is REALLY exciting for me. Especially since she was a very good and convincing psycho on Dexter. Going to be interesting to see how her character interacts with Ray who is mostly sunshine and rainbows. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Trini said:

Hmmmmmmmm.... I hope they're not doing the 'Jekyll & Hyde' treatment for her, which did NOT work last time.

I think there will be a little bit of that happening but nothing to extreme. Whenever she uses her powers, she goes white and gets a bit of a tude. 

EW's Superhero Insider podcast with Kyle Anderson and Chancellor Agard (subbing for Natalie Abrams)...

Superhero Insider - Marvel's Inhumans, #TBT Wonder Woman & More!
August 31, 2017

-- Kyle said that Natalie Abrams is in Vancouver doing Arrowverse set visits, which she'll report on in next week's Superhero Insider. He also said that Natalie reported that she was on the LoT set when Courtney Ford "debuted" as Damian Darhk's daughter and that Courtney was "delightfully creepy." Also, he mentioned that Courtney is Brandon Routh's wife in real life. Natalie also reported that Talia Ashe is her new "girl crush."

-- Kyle then talked about Marvel's Inhumans. He noted that the first two episodes are being shown in IMAX theaters this weekend. Chancellor has already seen those first two episodes, which will air on ABC later in September. Kyle has also seen them and thought that they set up the brothers' conflict in an understandable way, but that the first hour was "mildly joyless." However, he thought that the second episode was better and included some humor. He also thought that the characters were well cast. Chancellor agreed that the second hour was more lighthearted than the first hour, which was "needlessly heavy" (per Kyle). Chancellor wants this show to go "very weird," which will also distinguish it from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. They both loved LockJaw (the giant dog). Kyle said that the second episode didn't end in such a way that made him want to tune in for the third episode (I think he meant that the first two episodes told a pretty complete story). He also said that the show looked more "impressive" on IMAX than on television, so he's now recommending that people see it on IMAX.

-- They then talked about the weekend box office, the summer box office, and summer movies this year. 

-- They ended with a flashback segment, talking about the old Wonder Woman TV series with Lynda Carter.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Vixen | Vixen Meets Arrow - Deleted Scene | CW Seed
Published on Aug 30, 2017, by CW Seed

The Vixen Animated Scene They Didn’t Show On The CW Last Night
Posted by Dan Wickline August 31, 2017
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/31/vixen-scene-didnt-show-cw-last-night/

There was one part of the animated Vixen scene that wasn’t included in last night’s two-hour special. It was a one-minute clip that connected the animated series to her live-action debut in season four of Arrow. This bridge piece was done around that time and showed online, I believe — even though the CW Seed has is listed as a deleted scene.

I think the idea was to make the animated version look a little more like the actress voicing her. Megalyn Echikunwoke had long hair, while the animated Mari McCabe had a short cut. This clip showed her as she would appear in live action and also showed Green Arrow as he looked in season 4, without the sleeves. Stephen Amell, of course, did the voice here, as Oliver Queen went to Detroit to get help with Damien Darhk

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Ratings: CW’s ‘Vixen’ Premieres on Broadcast to Practically Nobody
Tony Maglio | August 31, 2017 @ 8:43 AM
http://www.thewrap.com/vixen-cw-ratings-agt-big-brother-masterchef-marlon/

If an animated CW Seed series moves to broadcast TV and fewer than 700,000 people watch, did it still actually premiere?

OK, yes, “Vixen” did — but the Greg Berlanti show didn’t get off to a good start. The CW finished pretty far back in seventh place last night in broadcast’s Nielsen ratings race. To be fair to the creator and young-skewing broadcast network, these “Vixen” episodes technically got their start two years ago online.

On the opposite end of the rankings, NBC and Fox tied for first in the main demo, with the “America’s Got Talent” home coming up aces among total viewers.
The CW was seventh in ratings with a 0.2/1 and in viewers with 693,000. “Vixen” was the only show on the network’s schedule.

Edited by tv echo

I would've put Oliver & Felicity at #1 because Barry & Iris have too much of a sibling vibe (imo). However, I do agree with their comments about Olicity. Also, I usually love stories about childhood friends who fall in love as adults, but I think the problem in that respect is Grant Gustin - he just comes across as weirdly nonsexual to me, but a great friend to everyone (I have no idea what these two writers were smoking with their #2 picks!)...

Fan Fest Picks: Top 5 Arrowverse Ships
BY JULIA VALENTI  AUGUST 25, 2017
http://fanfest.com/2017/08/25/fan-fest-picks-top-5-arrowverse-ships/

3. Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Arrow)
.  .  .
Alyssa: I just really like them together. Felicity is a bright spot in Oliver’s very dark life and he needs that. I felt like their relationship was organic in the first couple of seasons and was sad when Oliver’s secrets drove them apart. Episode 20 of Season 5, “Underneath,” was a really great episode for the two of them as they finally talked through their issues. I’m hopeful that they’ll get back together because I like both of them and want them to be happy.

Jules: Similar to what Alyssa said, Felicity is the light in Oliver’s life. All disguises, capes and costumes come with a cost. You give up a part of yourself that you never truly get back – and that can lead one to a dark mindset. Felicity accidentally stumbled into Oliver’s life in the most magical of ways, and I truly believe they belong together.
1. Barry Allen & Iris West (The Flash)
.  .  .
Alyssa: This iconic couple was finally given the chance to be together in season 3 and they are just perfect for each other. They have a good relationship and seem very authentic on screen. Some of that probably goes to the chemistry between Grant Gustin and Candice Patton.

Jules: I absolutely adore the story of two childhood friends who fall in love. From the moment these two characters shared a moment on screen, I admired their chemistry. Everything from the conversations to the looks they give each other – is perfection.

Jules & Alyssa - 5. Thea Queen & Roy Harper (Arrow)

Alyssa - 4. Maggie Sawyer & Alex Danvers (Supergirl)
Jules - 4. Lyla Michaels & John Diggle (Arrow)

Jules & Alyssa - 3. Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Arrow)

Jules - 2. Sara Lance & Captain Cold (Legends of Tomorrow)
Alyssa - 2. Cisco Ramon & Gyspy (The Flash)

Jules & Alyssa - 1. Barry Allen & Iris West (The Flash)

Fan Fest Picks: Top 5 Arrowverse Fight Scenes
BY ALYSSA TIEMAN  AUGUST 31, 2017
http://fanfest.com/2017/08/31/fan-fest-picks-top-5-arrowverse-fight-scenes/

In an ultimate dynamic duo event, Arrowverse expert Jules and I have compiled a list of our favorite fight scenes across the Arrowverse fandom.

Jules - 5. Black Canary vs Black Siren (Arrow ‘Lian Yu’)
Alyssa - 5. Sara vs a Bar (Legends of Tomorrow, ‘Pilot, Part 1’)

Jules - 4. Supergirl vs The Flash (The Flash, ‘Invasion!’)
Alyssa - 4. Oliver vs. Ra’s al Ghul (Arrow, ‘The Climb’)

Jules - 3. White Canary vs Damien Darhk (Legends of Tomorrow, ‘Aruba’)
Alyssa - 3. Sara and Amaya vs the Shogun (Legends of Tomorrow, ‘Shogun’)

Jules - 2. Zoom vs The Flash (The Flash, ‘The Race of His Life’)
Alyssa  - 2. Team Arrow vs the League of Assassins (Arrow, ‘This is Your Sword’)

Jules - 1. Green Arrow vs Deathstroke (Arrow, ‘Unthinkable’)
Alyssa - 1. Oliver, Sara, Thea, Diggle, and Ray vs their Inner Demons (Arrow, ‘Invasion!’)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I swear every season I WILL myself REALLY hard to ship WestAllen because I ship FitzSimmons (like a lot, not Olicity levels but a fair bit) and in my mind I should ship WestAllen but I can't! I just cannot! I don't dislike them but it's just...meh! And I try to hard to get excited by it! But still...meh. I shall try again this season no doubt! I don't think it's CP or GG whom I both like very much. CP is gorgeous and GG is the only reason why I like Barry despite all the sh@t he's done. 

Even Mon El and Kara grew on me by the end of Supergirl and I was cheering for them even if I don't ship them.

• Love 1