Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

More details on Louise in Marvel's Inhumans - see, she's nothing like Felicity Smoak! Louise is not a computer hacker, but a scientist. She is just a normal young woman with no powers, who keeps her blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, who wears squarish glasses, who's really smart, who's sometimes socially awkward, who's relatable to the audience, and who gets sucked into this strange new world of superheroes and powers... 

Marvel's Inhumans Reveals Details About Its Original Character
by Jenna Anderson | August 8, 2017
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/09/marvels-inhumans-louise-ellen-woglom-original-character/

Woglom was first revealed to be part of the show back in March, with many speculating what her 'undisclosed' role would be. At last month's San Diego Comic-Con, she was revealed to be playing Louise, a human scientist who befriends the Inhumans.

While at the convention, Woglom spoke more about her character's role in the show - as a sort of proxy for the viewers.
"I am the eyes and ears for the audience." Woglom revealed. "The audience will learn about this world, and I’ll be discovering it simultaneously with everyone else."

Showrunner Scott Buck also revealed that Louise will serve as a unique kind of human character, with a knowledge of the otherworldly events of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"She’s aware of everything that’s happened in the world." Buck explained. "All of our characters are aware of what’s happened in the Marvel Universe. She’s aware that there are people out there who possess super powers, so she’ll be a little bit more ready to be among them."
You can read the character description for Louise below.

"She is smart, intense, and focused - so focused that oftentimes social skills take a back seat. Her job at a private aerospace company is her life, second only to her passion for all things space and lunar. She's primed to be swept up in an adventure."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

She is just a normal young woman with no powers, who keeps her blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, who wears squarish glasses, who's really smart, who's sometimes socially awkward, who's relatable to the audience, and who gets sucked into this strange new world of superheroes and powers... 

??

• Love 1

Interesting...

Smallville's Tom Welling breaks silence on series finale suit-up
NATALIE ABRAMS  AUGUST 8, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/08/smallville-tom-welling-finale-superman-suit/

Welling will return to the Warner Bros. fold this fall — no, not on one of Greg Berlanti’s superhero shows, but on Fox’s Lucifer, where the actor will play a new foil for Tom Ellis’ titular character. However, Welling also reveals there was previous talk of joining the Berlanti-verse, specifically on Supergirl, where Tyler Hoechlin made his debut as the Man of Steel last season. “I know Greg quite well and there had been some discussion, but they’re different worlds,” Welling says. “There was an idea that maybe Supergirl, appearing on that, but it’s such a different show. I’m older now, I don’t look the same. Appearing on that show as Clark Kent or even Superman, for me, I would not want to watch me do that at all. They just have such a different tone. To me, because this is still even a DC Universe, which wasn’t a consideration in the beginning, but Lucifer is still DC, so in some ways it’s one foot in, one foot out, but it wasn’t a motivator for me to join the show. It just so happens that it was connected in that way.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Contrary to what this article states, it has not been confirmed that Rory will return in S6 of Arrow...

7 of TV's best current guest characters who should be made series regulars RIGHT NOW
BY MORGAN JEFFERY AND CHRIS LONGRIDGE  9 AUGUST 2017
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/feature/a835177/tv-guest-characters-who-should-be-series-regulars/

3. Rory Regan / Ragman - Arrow
.  .  .
Oliver Queen assembled a new team of vigilantes to help him protect Star City at the start of Arrow's fifth year. But by season's end, his new squad had been seriously depleted – Evelyn Sharp / Artemis had betrayed our hero to the villain Prometheus, while Rory Regan / Ragman lost his powers and decided to quit the team.

Ragman's exit in particular was keenly felt – he was one of the most charismatic and interesting of the new recruits, with a compelling backstory that involved Arrow veteran Felicity Smoak being implicated in the death of his family.

It's been confirmed that actor Joe Dinicol will return for a guest spot in the upcoming season six, but we want Rory to be a permanent fixture. Surely the writers can dream up a sci-fi twist that'll restore power to his magic rags?
7. Captain Cold - DC's Legends of Tomorrow
.  .  .
It's a complicated one, this – because Wentworth Miller actually was a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow as brilliantly snarky Leonard Snart.

Across the superhero caper's first 15 episodes, Snart evolved from villain to anti-hero, ultimately sacrificing his life to save his fellow Legends – at which point Miller exited as a regular.

He's now got a deal which allows him to guest across DC's entire TV-verse and has popped up on both Legends and The Flash in the past year, but we want Captain Cold back full-time. Not only is Miller's brilliantly campy performance a delight, but he and Heatwave / Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) work best as a team.

1. Lyanna Mormont - Game of Thrones
2. King Ezekiel - The Walking Dead
3. Rory Regan / Ragman - Arrow
4. Wil Wheaton - The Big Bang Theory
5. Anubis / Mr Jacquel - American Gods
6. Jerome Valeska - Gotham
7. Captain Cold - DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Edited by tv echo

Also, Louise will bring an element of levity to Marvel's Inhumans, and she speaks before she thinks sometimes...

SDCC 2017: Marvel's Inhumans - Scott Buck "EP" & Ellen Woglom "Louise"
Published on Jul 24, 2017, by Whedonopolis Videos

-- About her character Louise, Ellen Woglom: "She is a human. She is, I would say, the eyes and ears of the audience... And she brings, I think, an element of levity to the show that is really great, because it is a family drama and the stakes are high for them and what's going on in their world... So it's nice to have a little bit of - a little bit of levity. And my character's not someone who's maybe self-aware, or aware of the situation, so sometimes when you have - It's not like she's this big comical character, but, you know, when you have a character who's so focused and driven on work and socially - um, maybe not her best area - and isn't the most aware, you have things that are happening, uh, that are happening in the Inhuman world that are so - where the stakes are so high, it could be kinda funny if someone's not really picking up on that... It's a really fun character to play."

Scott Buck & Ellen Woglom for Marvel's Inhumans at SDCC 2017
Published on Jul 25, 2017, by Nerdophiles

-- About her character Louise, Ellen Woglom: "She's very smart. She's very driven. And she's socially - um, she thinks - or she speaks before she thinks sometimes, and she doesn't really have a filter."

Ellen Woglom "Louise" tells us about her character, a human surrounded by super powereds
Published on Jul 31, 2017, by Derek Sante

-- Ellen Woglom: "I play Louise. I'm a human. I am the eyes and ears for the audience, for the viewers watching the show... My character, she works for an aerospace company. She's incredibly bright. Uh, she's incredibly driven. She's incredibly focused. She, however, is not, uh - she's a little socially inept... She's not the most self-aware person and she's someone who, because she's so focused and driven on her work and task on hand, and especially excited about what she's just discovered about them, uh, sometimes social things and social cues, she doesn't really pick up on. Uh, but she's a lot of fun... Hopefully - I mean, I found her to be a very endearing, uh, funny character. I mean, she definitely brings a bit of levity to the whole world."

ETA: I have to admit, finding out about Louise has made me more interested in watching Marvel's Inhumans - so, mission accomplished.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

The 11 Most Influential Action Heroines of Our Time
By Angelica Jade Bastién    August 7, 2017
http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/female-action-heroes-the-most-influential.html

... The women on this list aren’t necessarily my favorites, but, in their own way, each has pushed the cultural conversation forward, continue to inspire adoration (and in some cases, arguments), or were crucial to the standing of the actresses who played them. There are several others I’d like to mention, including Jennifer Lawrence’s work in The Hunger Games and Daisy Ridley’s emergence in Star Wars, but those listed below I feel speak most to the action heroine’s evolution.
11. Gal Gadot and the Women of Wonder Woman (2017)
.  .  .
It has been 76 years since William Moulton Marston set out to create Diana of Themyscira, known more commonly as Wonder Woman. Her first live-action leading role on the big screen highlights all the glorious contradictions and delights of the character — she’s a paragon of peace and beauty who can win nearly any battle she finds herself in. The film is more of a coming-of-age tale with superhero sensibilities than a straight-up action film, but nonetheless, it’s a pivotal entry in the action heroine’s history. Just like her comic counterpart, Gal Gadot carries herself with a quiet strength, curiosity, and compassion that is unlike any heroine we’ve seen in awhile. She isn’t just bolstered by movie-star charisma — she seems to have an internal light source of her own that brings warmth and buoyancy even to film’s darkest terrain. The first act of the film also features a variety of women, from the fearsome Antiope, played with gusto by Robin Wright, to the formidable Artemis, played by real-life boxer Ann Wolfe. Many of the Amazons training Wonder Woman in the film’s early scenes are over 40, and some are also women of color. I’d argue DC/Warner Bros would be wise to give them their own film. From this lens, Wonder Woman presents a number of roads for the action heroine to continue down. She can be naïve or seasoned, sharp-tongued or stoic. The possibilities are endless. Let’s hope filmmakers realize that.

1. Sigourney Weaver, Aliens (1986)
2. Linda Hamilton, Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
3. Pam Grier, Foxy Brown (1974)
4. Scarlett Johansson, Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014) and the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
5. Milla Jovovich, The Fifth Element (1997)
6. Michelle Rodriguez, the Fast and Furious Franchise
7. The Women of Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2 (2003 and 2004)
8. Gina Carano, Haywire (2011)
9. Angelina Jolie, Tomb Raider (2001) and Wanted (2008)
10. Charlize Theron, Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
11. Gal Gadot and the Women of Wonder Woman (2017)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Hey, if you're that fed up with the Arrowverse shows, just stop watching - this CBR writer is singing the same old song (non-canon romances make no sense, superhero shows shouldn't be "soap operas")...

Missing The Mark: 15 Reasons To Rage Quit The Arrowverse
August 9, 2017 by Sean Aitchison
http://www.cbr.com/reasons-to-quit-arrowverse/ 

11. HOPELESS ROMANTICS
.  .  .
Classic comic book romances like The Flash and Iris or Green Arrow and Black Canary have (or had in the case of Arrow) their onscreen representation in the Arrowverse, but the rest of the universe’s romances are, in a word, pretty lackluster. Heck, even Barry and Iris’ relationship has its fair share of face-palm moments. The romantic relationships on Arrow, The Flash and Legends come off as very “soap-opera” in their execution, the pairing of two characters often being arbitrary at best.

Remember on Arrow when Detective Lance and Felicity’s mom got together? Literally two characters with no reason to get together? Yeah, that’s basically every non-comics-canon pairing in the Arrowverse. The process very much seems like “are these two characters single? Yes? Well now they’re together” with little to no explanation why the like each other. Talk about hopeless romance!
3. MELODRAMA
.  .  .
The strongest element of these shows is the action (which, as we mentioned, needs some work), but it’s probably the smallest part of them. The action takes a back seat to the drama, and by drama, we mean melodrama. What’s the difference? Well, drama is more realistic, showing real reactions to real problems, while melodrama is usually unrealistic overreactions to unimportant, and rather petty issues. Sounds familiar, right?

Melodrama isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it can be done really well, but when it’s on a show like Arrow, it turns what should be a superhero show into a costume-clad soap opera. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was a small part of these shows, but it seems like every episode has a melodramatic conflict which takes up so much of the runtime. Frankly, we’re getting tired of it.
1. NO LONGER ABOUT CRIME-FIGHTING
.  .  .
The first season of Arrow was about Oliver Queen exposing corruption in the city, and the next two seasons mostly focused on crime-fighting leading up to a confrontation with the big-bad. The Flash followed suit, starting out as a villain-of-the-week show with overarching villain stories. However, as the seasons went on, the day-to-day crime fighting faded into the background of these shows. Yet again, Arrow and Flash start to seem less like superhero shows and more like melodramatic soap operas.

Season three of The Flash was about preventing Iris’ future death and season five of Arrow was about someone getting revenge on Oliver. Not exactly about superheroes and bad guys. Hopefully, the newest seasons of Arrow and Flash will get back to their roots like they promise they will, but if they don’t, we won’t blame you for dropping the Arrowverse altogether.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

What a surprise everything that isn't in the comics is"lackluster " not like GA/BC or WestAllen, despite people begging for Iris to actually have more than 2 mins an episode and Lauriver never bring together when she was BecauseComics and their relationship before that being a melodramatic clusterfuck. Even if the writers throw characters together because they're single, so what? It makes just as much sense as "just because comics".

But Ollie Queen's life in the comics is just as much if not more of a soap opera. More than 1 child from several mothers, womanising, a tumultuous on-off relationship with a younger woman etc. 

As for the shows should be "just about fighting bad guys" welcome to TV and (some) growth. I know for a fact both Green Arrow and Flash have done more than stop "baddies" in comic canon.

LOT is an original team up featuring some C/D comic characters and some new so you can't really say what they should be. It doesn't strike me as overly soapy, in fact it has the least romance and the most lean into the campy comic-y attitude.

The romance is mostly in the background except for a few episodes and things like Sara and Rip wanting to save their loved ones or swearing revenge are *definitely* a part of comics. 

But its probably for the best he finds something else to enjoy because if the increase in masks and noromo! In 5a wasn't good enough I doubt Arrow is going to do more than that at this stage.

Re Louise, I know FS wasn't the originator of the trope by any means but I certainly think they're using her as a sort of template, if only because she's the best example of it working beyond what anyone would have thought on TV today.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3

Marvel’s Inhumans Is Linked To Agents of SHIELD, Says EP
07.26.2017 by Lauren Gallaway
http://www.cbr.com/marvels-inhumans-ties-agents-of-shield/

Former Iron Fist showrunner Scott Buck sat down with the press at Comic-Con International this weekend to discuss his new Marvel Televisions show: Inhumans. Joined by Ellen Woglom, who plays Louise, a scientist who gets swept up into the world of the Inhumans and the Royal Family, Buck laid out how his latest series kicks off, reveling a few more details along the way.

“We first meet our world in the city of Attilan, which is on the dark side of the moon,” Buck said. “These are Inhumans who have been up there for countless generations, for a very long time. We come into a situation where we are focusing on our Royal Family, the leaders of Attilan, where a small family crisis threatens to disrupt their entire civilization. That’s where the season launches us.” This “small family crisis” has been revealed to be the political rivalry between brothers Black Bolt and Maximus, as seen in the Comic-Con trailer for Inhumans, a crisis that leads to the discovery of the Inhumans’ moon colony by humans on Earth.

Asked if the Inhumans could be compared to alien invaders, Buck asked, “Are they really aliens? They all originated on Earth centuries ago, before they went to the moon. You could simply say they are Earthlings who built a second home on the moon, and now they are returning.” The trailer expanded further on this statement by Beck as well, revealing that Triton will head to Earth to investigate a Terrigen leak in the ocean. This is, of course, alludes to the Season 2 finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., where the Terrigen crystals were thrown into the ocean, thus releasing Terrigen into the food supply.

This clearly points to the connectivity of Marvel’s Inhumans and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  Asked if the Inhumans on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (like Quake, Yo-Yo, and Lash) are similar to the Royal Family, Buck said they were distant relatives at best. “We have seen ‘nuhumans’ on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but this is completely different. These are Inhumans who know exactly who they are and know the importance of their powers. They know the importance of their Terrigen ceremony which is the holiest, most ritual ceremony in their civilization. I think the ‘nuhumans’ who inhabit Earth have no idea what’s going on. They are distant relatives of our characters.”

Woglom’s character Louise, however, is neither Inhuman nor ‘nuhuman.’ Rather, she is a human doctor, tasked with being an entry point for the audience. “I am the eyes and ears for the audience,” Woglom said. “[The audience] will learn about this world, and I’ll be discovering it simultaneously with everyone else.” Buck added, “She’s also a scientist and approaches everything with a very analytical mind. She’s never quick to say, ‘that’s impossible, that can’t happen.” When asked if Louise will be familiar with the Incident, the Battle for New York and other MCU events, Buck said, “She’s aware of everything that’s happened in the world. All of our characters are aware of what’s happened in the Marvel Universe. She’s aware that there are people out there who possess super powers, so she’ll be a little bit more ready to be among them.”

Edited by tv echo

Literally two characters with no reason to get together? Yeah, that’s basically every non-comics-canon pairing in the Arrowverse. The process very much seems like “are these two characters single? Yes? Well now they’re together” with little to no explanation why the like each other. Talk about hopeless romance!

Haha, this is funny/ironic because this is how I feel about some of the comic canon romances. The process very much seems like "are these two characters together in the comics? Yes? Well, let's put them together just for the sake of it, even if they have no chemistry and their backstory is the worst thing ever written!"

(I do agree with him about Quentin and Donna though. Yikes. I hated that.)

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Spoilers for LOT

Will Kuasa crossing paths with Ray on Vixen be addressed on Legends of Tomorrow? — Coleman
Yes, and his knowledge of Kuasa just may help the Legends version of Vixen. “If you go back and look at Vixen season 2, I wouldn’t exactly call her fighting alongside Ray, she’s always been morally questionable,” EP Marc Guggenheim says. “But I think that’s what makes it interesting as far as Amaya is concerned is that Ray, at the appropriate moment, will accurately tell her that there were moments where Kuasa was capable of selfless good, so I think that gives Amaya a little bit of hope.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/10/spoiler-room-blindspot-brooklyn-nine-nine-greys-anatomy/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

Hey, if you're that fed up with the Arrowverse shows, just stop watching - this CBR writer is singing the same old song (non-canon romances make no sense, superhero shows shouldn't be "soap operas")...

Missing The Mark: 15 Reasons To Rage Quit The Arrowverse
August 9, 2017 by Sean Aitchison
http://www.cbr.com/reasons-to-quit-arrowverse/ 

I don't feel bad for them. They annoy me endlessly.

Edited by Lily-n11
  • Love 4

I was just thinking; if it wasn't for that save-the-date easter egg in The Flash finale, a crossover wedding wouldn't even have been on the radar until the TCA Press tour last week. At least we got a chance to brace ourselves for the possibility! There still would have been wedding speculation for various couples, but not as much about one happening during the crossover. Maybe the other shows could try this next year!

I have sort of made peace with the fact that Olicity might end up with hideous crossover wedding but now I'm thinking it might be Flash who gets stuck with it so yay!!!!!

On the other hand I'm kinda worried that MG will marry Olicity in the book and we will come back to an already married Olicity! 

One other obvious reason that if it is a wedding, it'd be Barry's, is the fact that he's really the one character that everyone from the other shows would be likely to show up for. I mean, the Supergirl characters probably wouldn't come to Oliver's wedding, for example. I guess the Legends is maybe iffy, since none of them are that close to Barry, but some of them did come from The Flash show, so that works. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

One other obvious reason that if it is a wedding, it'd be Barry's, is the fact that he's really the one character that everyone from the other shows would be likely to show up for. I mean, the Supergirl characters probably wouldn't come to Oliver's wedding, for example. I guess the Legends is maybe iffy, since none of them are that close to Barry, but some of them did come from The Flash show, so that works. 

My running theory has always centered around a WestAllen wedding being the reason everyone gathers but I remain iffy on the wedding actually happening due to stuff that happens that then all the hero's get to react to.  I'm indifferent to a WestAllen wedding happening in the crossover but I do want the group to get together for mostly harmless reasons because I think if they took away the "OMG THE WORLD IS AT STAKE!!" we'd get more fun character interaction and mash ups.

That was what I loved about the first Arrow and Flash crossover.  They were just teaming up cause they were in town so everything was so much more low key and FUN without it being inappropriately light like it was in the crossover last year.  The tone for the team members in the Arrow bunker while aliens were invading and five of their friends had been kidnapped BY the aliens was beyond embarrassing (actually closer to insulting to the audience.)   I never want a repeat of that again.    

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

My running theory has always centered around a WestAllen wedding being the reason everyone gathers but I remain iffy on the wedding actually happening due to stuff that happens that then all the hero's get to react to.  I'm indifferent to a WestAllen wedding happening in the crossover but I do want the group to get together for mostly harmless reasons because I think if they took away the "OMG THE WORLD IS AT STAKE!!" we'd get more fun character interaction and mash ups.

That was what I loved about the first Arrow and Flash crossover.  They were just teaming up cause they were in town so everything was so much more low key and FUN without it being inappropriately light like it was in the crossover last year.  The tone for the team members in the Arrow bunker while aliens were invading and five of their friends had been kidnapped BY the aliens was beyond embarrassing (actually closer to insulting to the audience.)   I never want a repeat of that again.    

Definitely. And that's so true about the first crossovers as well. I think it would give the audience more of what they want in that regard (assuming the big ratings for these come from people who actually do watch the shows, or most of them).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

I'm confused.  I thought the only character on Supergirl who knows Barry is Kara and she knows Oliver and the LoT now too.  Wasn't the Music Meister episode a dream?  Mon El and Winn haven't actually met Barry and Iris have they?

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm confused.  I thought the only character on Supergirl who knows Barry is Kara and she knows Oliver and the LoT now too.  Wasn't the Music Meister episode a dream?  Mon El and Winn haven't actually met Barry and Iris have they?

Winn has met Barry.  That happened last season when Kara also met him.  Winn hasn't met Iris.  The Music Meister episode was cosmic manipulation, but not simply a dream.  So Mon-el has met Barry and Iris (and the rest of Team Flash who appeared in that episode).  Which means that J'onn has also met them.

• Love 4

List time! If we count regular characters that have met or worked together outside of the fall crossover episodes (because everyone meets everyone then),

Oliver knows: Barry Allen, Ray Palmer, Sara Lance, Nate Heywood, Mick Rory, (plus several more of the Legends  crew if we count the future version of Oliver.)

Felicity knows: Barry Allen, Iris West, Cisco Ramon, Caitlin Snow, Ray Palmer, Sara Lance,

Barry knows: Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak, John Diggle, Lyla Diggle, Ray Palmer, Leonard Snart, Martin Stein, Jax Jackson, Mick Rory, Kara Danvers, James Olsen, Winn Schott, J'onn J'onzz, Mon-El, Malcolm Merlyn,

Iris knows: Felicity Smoak,  John Diggle(??), Ray Palmer, Leonard Snart, Kara Danvers, Mon-El, J'onn J'onzz, Martin Stein,

Kara knows: Barry Allen, Iris West, Cisco Ramon, Caitlin Snow, Wally West, Joe West,

[List not comprehensive.  There's Kendra too, but she's not on the shows anymore.]

Edited by Trini
added Nate and Mick for Oliver's list; took out Oliver for Iris' list
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

All the Supergirl cast, including Cat, met Barry last season when he crossed over to Supergirl's world the first time.  And Mon-El met him and Iris during the musical crossover this season.  I think Lena and Maggie are the only ones who haven't met him. 

Only J'onn and Mon-El have met Iris though, and the rest of the Flash crew.

I think Barry and Kara are the only two who know everyone, at least by virtue of the crossovers, because Barry's the only one who met everyone in Supergirl's world, and Kara's the only one from that world to come over here (except for the musical crossover).

Edited by Starfish35

Alex hasn't met anyone else from the other shows yet, and they better fix that!

[editing my previous post, because I forgot that Oliver was in Legends season 2 premiere.]

• Love 2

In terms of guest lists, I don't see the SG and (most of the) LOT crew being close enough with WestAllen or Olicity to score a cross universe/time invite to a wedding. With Olicity: Barry/Iris, Cisco, Caitlyn, Sara and Ray. With WestAllen: Oliver/Felicity, Diggle/Lyla. 

A lot of the groups know each other because of the crossovers but most of those interactions are superficial, fun co worker relationships.

If they do a crossover wedding, I'd like the wedding to be like the first crossover and have it primarly be Arrow/Flash (with appearances by Sara/Ray if Olicity), with the others coming in after. I think that dynamic works the best and IMO it would be the most genuine. However, I realize that's not going to happen. Timing wise and the bigger the better approach they take.

• Love 3

In terms of guest lists, I don't see the SG and (most of the) LOT crew being close enough with WestAllen or Olicity to score a cross universe/time invite to a wedding.

I can see sending an invite on Barry's side both simply because they could and she's a friend, and on Felicity's side because she wouldn't want to exclude a new friend even if she's hard to reach.  But would either expect her to show up or would it be like inviting a rich, eccentric uncle who lives on the other side of the world with the hopes maybe he'd send a cool gift?  

Right now they haven't shown it to be that hard to go between worlds. But she still would be gone from her world and that's a big deal.  Maybe they wouldn't expect her to show, but asking just seems polite, lol.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Chaser said:

In terms of guest lists, I don't see the SG and (most of the) LOT crew being close enough with WestAllen or Olicity to score a cross universe/time invite to a wedding.

Everyone in the Arrowverse will show for Barry's wedding, because he is the most special!

• Love 16

Or because they'd be afraid that if they didn't show he'd throw a temper tantrum and trample the time line into pieces until everyone he has ever met attended his wedding.   Including the deceased.  Everyone must know that Barry finally got to marry Iris. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Or because they'd be afraid that if they didn't show he'd throw a temper tantrum and trample the time line into pieces until everyone he has ever met attended his wedding.   Including the deceased.  Everyone must know that Barry finally got to marry Iris. 

"If I don't RSVP, are you gonna undo my life?"

• Love 13

Superhero Insider -TCA News, Defenders Preview & The cast of Arrow
August 10, 2017

-- Natalie Abrams talked about her interview with Tom Welling at the TCA summer press tour (EW article about this interview was previously posted in this thread). She and Kyle Anderson also talked about Smallville.

-- Natalie saw the first hour of Marvel's Inhumans but not in IMAX. She liked the show "in theory" but she was "nervous about the execution." She and Kyle then talked about the various Inhuman characters (but no mention of Louise).

-- Kyle talked about The Defenders. He answered Natalie's questions about Daredevil and Iron Fist. They also talked about Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. When Kyle told her Luke and Jessica are a couple in the comics, Natalie made some remark about how they've both watched a lot of superhero shows and know that these shows aren't "beholden" to the comics. 

-- Kyle played audio of his entire SDCC interview with the Arrow cast (video of this EW interview was previously posted in this thread). 

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Everyone in the Arrowverse will show for Barry's wedding, because he is the most special!

42 minutes ago, Delphi said:

36 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

"If I don't RSVP, are you gonna undo my life?"

31 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I love the Barry snark. Keep it up! ???

Poor Iris. Girl could do so much better. Maybe have a relationship with a man instead of man-child.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Poor Iris. Girl could do so much better. Maybe have a relationship with a man instead of man-child.

She did.  His name was Eddie Thawne.  He killed himself so she could be safe because he was that unselfish.  He was no Barry Allen.

• Love 21

Even THR is wondering...

DC TV Watch: Will the Next 4-Show Crossover Feature a Wedding?
AUGUST 11, 2017 8:00am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-arrow-flash-crossover-wedding-speculation-1028051

4 shows and a wedding? | Before getting into your regularly scheduled DC TV Watch programming, it's time for some crossover speculation: is this fall's massive four-show, four-episode crossover about a wedding? At the 2017 Summer TCA press tour, The CW President Mark Pedowitz revealed that "romance is in the air" for the crossover event, and executive producers Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim elaborated beyond that, explaining that going bigger than an alien invasion meant going "personal" and that "it's a big life event for a few different people" on the shows. With two main couples from Arrow and The Flash going through major changes heading into the new seasons, could Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) finally take that next step and tie the knot, or will it be Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton), who just need to reunite in order to finally have their nuptials? Or could it perhaps even be a double wedding? There's only so long that The CW series can each stretch these engagements before paying them off, and that would certainly give the next crossover a lot of heart.

1 hour ago, johntfs said:

She did.  His name was Eddie Thawne.  He killed himself so she could be safe because he was that unselfish.  He was no Barry Allen.

I loved Eddie/Iris so much. He treated her right, and when asked what Iris meant to Eddie and her strengths, he actually gave a heartfelt answer unlike Barry who when Iris asked how she's useful he just basically said you're my fiance! I love you! 

Eddie was twice the man Barry will ever be. I'm just so sad he died :( 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I loved Eddie/Iris so much. He treated her right, and when asked what Iris meant to Eddie and her strengths, he actually gave a heartfelt answer unlike Barry who when Iris asked how she's useful he just basically said you're my fiance! I love you! 

Eddie was twice the man Barry will ever be. I'm just so sad he died :( 

QFT! ????

What does Iris mean to you?

Eddie: What does Iris mean to me? Well you know, a lot of times I have a hard time figuring what to say to people, but when it comes to you, Iris, I don’t. Because with you, everything that used to feel tough, just doesn’t anymore. It’s one of the things I love about you. You don’t need me. You could handle anything on your own because you’re fearless and independent and loving and kind. You are, without question, the best decision I ever made, Iris West. And I’ve never thanked you for choosing to be with me. Because each day with you is a gift, so thank you. You deserve the world, Iris. You deserve to be happy the rest of your life and no one wants that more for you than me.

Barry: Iris West-Allen ;)

• Love 8

Eddie's answer is so generic. 

Barry doesn't need to say why with words...it's in his eyes every time he looks at her. 

As for the wedding...it's true that the SG cast wouldn't come to Barry's wedding but they're not likely to cross over anyways. LOT...Ray liked Barry, Sara has some respect for him and Jax and especially Stein consider him as friends. For Oliver and Felicity they only really know Sara and Ray. 

SG Is going to be a bigger part of the crossover this year so the likelyhood of them crossing over is 100%.  

Does Sara have any respect for Barry?   Wasn't she the one that pointed out that Barry as team leader just equaled doing what Oliver whispered for him to do?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8

Barry and Kara have been shown to be good friends; I think she (and a +1) would definitely attend Barry & Iris' wedding, even if she couldn't stay for long.

And I liked Eddie too; but even he knew it wasn't going to work out while Barry and Iris had feelings for each other.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

SG Is going to be a bigger part of the crossover this year so the likelyhood of them crossing over is 100%.  

Does Sara have any respect for Barry?   Wasn't she the one that pointed out that Barry as team leader just equaled doing what Oliver whispered for him to do?

Something that doesn't make sense to me is why Barry/Iris would go to another Earth just to invite her? And would he just go to her world to give her the invitation and then come back or??? The logistical nightmare of this is something that just doesn't make sense lol

To me, the strongest inter-show relationships for Barry/Iris to justify a wedding invite:

Barry: Felicity, Oliver, Kara, (I'd count Snart but he's not really on the show anymore)
Iris: Felicity(ish)

Everyone else doesn't really make sense to me... 

Edited by wonderwall
18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Who would cross over besides Kara? Mon-el as her plus one. Although, if there's imminent and sudden danger she could just pop back over to her earth and call J'onn. I guess Alex and James too...but really those two (Sara Mick and Oliver) would be the weakest members of the team up. 

Sara might respect Barry after his willingness to sacrifice himself (I was thinking of Diggle by mistake) 

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Something that doesn't make sense to me is why Barry/Iris would go to another Earth just to invite her? And would he just go to her world to give her the invitation and then come back or??? The logistical nightmare of this is something that just doesn't make sense lol

To me, the strongest intra-show relationships for Barry/Iris to justify a wedding invite:

Barry: Felicity, Oliver, Kara, (I'd count Snart but he's not really on the show anymore)
Iris: Felicity(ish)

Everyone else doesn't really make sense to me... 

Why not? It doesn't really take long...pop in, drop the invite, pop back out. 

For Iris, she did spend an entire summer with Stein and Cisco IIRC after s1 and then into s2. So why wouldn't Stein come? 

• Love 1