Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Honestly I don't think WestAllen is getting married in the fourth season of a show in the same year as they are setting up an Arrow wedding. I guess SDCC will be more enlightening but there's be no peep of promotion about a wedding for WestAllen where as the wedding has been so far the key talking point for Olicity - despite some people thinking that Stephen and David are teasing the WestAllen wedding rather then teasing things happening on their own show (cough*bitterreddit*cough*bitterpaps*cough)

• Love 2

I can see the scratching the surface of Iris' character only happening in the premiere then she'll go back to being the background love interest. The Flash writers only see Iris as Barry's girl. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Honestly I don't think WestAllen is getting married in the fourth season of a show in the same year as they are setting up an Arrow wedding. I guess SDCC will be more enlightening but there's be no peep of promotion about a wedding for WestAllen where as the wedding has been so far the key talking point for Olicity - despite some people thinking that Stephen and David are teasing the WestAllen wedding rather then teasing things happening on their own show

I don't think Arrow has any influence on The Flash's wedding plans. And I didn't think Barry and Iris would get engaged as soon as they did, so a wedding for them this season is possible. Maybe Oliver/Felicity in the Fall and Barry/Iris in the Spring?

Arrow barely has any influence on the Flash narratively. But when you think of it like an executive on a network it really doesn't make sense to have 2 weddings on 2 shows that are in the same universe in 1 year/season. Sorry that was a mouthful.

I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm just saying it doesn't really make sense to me. Because that means the network will have to promote two weddings in one year (which takes a bit of money). Not only that but weddings are highly anticipated in general. Why would they rush it and put 2 weddings in the same year when they can space it out and maximize buzz in that sense? If they have one wedding now people can still look forward to another wedding the year after etc. 

All I can see is the CW wanting to get the most out of these relationships and based on past experience I feel like they only know how to do this by not rushing things. And having 2 weddings in 1 year is rushing things imo.

IDK if any of this makes sense. But it does to me lol

• Love 7

I never understood the rush to get WestAllen engaged and hitched anyway. I understood what Arrow did even though I don't agree. There was a very real worry that The CW wouldn't exist and they wanted to move things along in Season 4. I suspect we would have gotten a real wedding in S5 if The CW hadn't reached a new deal with affiliates. But I don't think there was a similar worry for WestAllen. They got engaged AFTER the deal was already reached.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I never understood the rush to get WestAllen engaged and hitched anyway. I understood what Arrow did even though I don't agree. There was a very real worry that The CW wouldn't exist and they wanted to move things along in Season 4. I suspect we would have gotten a real wedding in S5 if The CW hadn't reached a new deal with affiliates. But I don't think there was a similar worry for WestAllen. They got engaged AFTER the deal was already reached.

Maybe all the writers across the Arrowverse only have 14 story ideas between them and they have to take turns using them.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm just saying it doesn't really make sense to me. Because that means the network will have to promote two weddings in one year (which takes a bit of money). Not only that but weddings are highly anticipated in general. Why would they rush it and put 2 weddings in the same year when they can space it out and maximize buzz in that sense? If they have one wedding now people can still look forward to another wedding the year after etc. 

I dunno; I'd think that having two 'events' (weddings) to promote would be better than one. And CW needs all the ratings help it can get.  ::shrug::

For me its not only the fact that 2 wedding doesnt seem plausible for the Arrowverse. Especially the 2 main couples. Its more about the potential storylines on both shows. They have been hammering the them of family for Arrow s6. While i am getting vibes of broody Barry and Iris stepping out of Team Flash ( a step they pushed with Felicity on Arrow also). 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Trini said:

I dunno; I'd think that having two 'events' (weddings) to promote would be better than one. And CW needs all the ratings help it can get.  ::shrug::

Forgive me for this crude analogy... But it's like sex. Sometimes a quickie is good but not as satisfying in the long run. But take your time? Teasing your partner it gives you a more desired and intense outcome. 

I don't think the network wants just ONE big quickie - wham bam then it's over. They want to keep the audience anticipating for more because that's how they elongate the buzz given towards DCTVs main couples. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Forgive me for this crude analogy... But it's like sex. Sometimes a quickie is good but not as satisfying in the long run. But take your time? Teasing your partner it gives you a more desired and intense outcome. 

I don't think the network doesn't want just ONE big quickie - wham bam then it's over. They want to keep the audience anticipating for more because that's how they elongate the buzz given towards DCTVs main couples. 

But yet, Barry and Iris had their first date and engagement all in one season.

Also, I'm unclear about what parts of your analogy go with which shows/couples.

1 minute ago, Trini said:

But yet, Barry and Iris had their first date and engagement all in one season.

You're missing my point... It's not about how they rushed Westallen. It's about rushing 2 weddings and having them in the same year. These are 2 supposedly big events that I doubt the network would want to be over too quickly.

2 minutes ago, Trini said:

Also, I'm unclear about what parts of your analogy go with which shows/couples.

It doesn't go with any specific show or couple. The quickie is in reference to the network having 2 big weddings in 1 year (wham bam and it's over). Having 1 wedding this year and 1 next year refers more to the network taking its time. 

• Love 1

It's not soapy to have two couples married so close together. And these shows are pretty much soap operas with weapons.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

At least in Supergirl's case Allura was only supposed to be old enough to have a 12 year old daughter, not a totally grown up one.  

In spite of just having given birth to her second child, at 39 ED is two  years older than my grandmother was when her first grandchild was born.

Men, on the other hand, have a longer window (in this as in other things). 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

You're missing my point... It's not about how they rushed Westallen. It's about rushing 2 weddings and having them in the same year. These are 2 supposedly big events that I doubt the network would want to be over too quickly.

It doesn't go with any specific show or couple. The quickie is in reference to the network having 2 big weddings in 1 year (wham bam and it's over). Having 1 wedding this year and 1 next year refers more to the network taking its time. 

Ah, okay. But we'll just have to disagree about 2 shows having weddings = "rushing". Also about both of them being big. I'm expecting the WestAllen wedding sometime this season, but I can also see them stalling it -- but not because of another wedding on another show.

Edited by Trini
conjunctions are important
7 minutes ago, Trini said:

Ah, okay. But we'll just have to disagree about 2 shows having weddings = "rushing". Also about both of them being big. I'm expecting the WestAllen wedding sometime this season, but I can also see them stalling it -- but not because of another wedding on another show.

I guess we'll see!

• Love 1

My two cents.... I don't think both couples are getting married. The Flash dropped hints of a crossover WestAllen wedding and that has to be addressed. SA seemed to think they would get married before Olicity. My guess is that he was told the real crossover wedding is Olicity with WestAllen being the fake out. I think Olicity will be married and WestAllen will breakup. It would pack the most emotional punch for the crossover. 

I just hope WestAllen isn't a downer for the wedding. 

• Love 4

The more I think about it the more I think a crossover wedding is unavoidable. Gives them scope to promote it etc. 

I am clinging onto the hope that maybe, just maybe the crossover will be about the WestAllen wedding (in the Flash portion anyway) leading to the Arrow portion where Olicity don't actually get married but decide it's time to get married and then get married in 609 or 610 whatever the ep after the crossover is, in a small intimate ceremony.

I really really really want to avoid an actual crossover wedding even though I'll take any wedding. 

Olicity pregnancy season 7!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

I actually feel like Olicity will be getting married in 609... It doesn't make sense for it to be 610-12 or anything before 608... So if they hype up a Westallen wedding for the crossover, they'll likely end that quickly and start hyping up the Olicity wedding for the next episode

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

My two cents.... I don't think both couples are getting married. The Flash dropped hints of a crossover WestAllen wedding and that has to be addressed. SA seemed to think they would get married before Olicity. My guess is that he was told the real crossover wedding is Olicity with WestAllen being the fake out. I think Olicity will be married and WestAllen will breakup. It would pack the most emotional punch for the crossover. 

I just hope WestAllen isn't a downer for the wedding. 

But they already had two proposals in one season. They're going to have to break up and then have a third before actually getting married? I don't know. 

52 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

But they already had two proposals in one season. They're going to have to break up and then have a third before actually getting married? I don't know. 

If you count another proposal by Oliver in season 6 that would mean Oliver proposed/slipped the ring on Felicity 4 times. 

409/410/414/60X

So yes... It's possible for a show that will likely be going for another 4+ years. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I can see the scratching the surface of Iris' character only happening in the premiere then she'll go back to being the background love interest. The Flash writers only see Iris as Barry's girl. 

Probably and yet there's a subset of fans freaking out about the Iris/WestDrama taking over the show again the second she has more to do than stand around or be pictured dying over and over again. It surprised me because as a Comics!Character I thought she was more immune to that bitching. But it's about time they're at least attempting to give CP something to do, even if it doesn't last long.

45 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I guess it depends if you think 2 proposals in one season is more likely to get married than 1.5 proposals, fake wedding and make up. They've both had a lot of heartfelt scenes relating to their situations. I guess we'll have a much better idea of where WA is at after SDCC. I do think it's possible both will get married (small possibility Maggie/Alex will as well) but if they all do then I don't think all of them will end the season together/alive. Before DR and SA started dropping big hints about and O/F wedding I was pretty sure WA was the one we'd see this season but now I'm not so sure, until Flash peeps start doing more promotion anyway.

I don't WestAllen will break up. I think that Barry will return so messed up and maybe even with partial amnesia, although he'll still remember loving Iris. So they'll put their wedding plans on hold. Then it'll take almost all season for Barry to get back to himself, leading to a WestAllen wedding next season. Meanwhile, while Barry is messed up, Iris rethinks her own life and what she wants to do or how she wants to contribute to Team Flash. (Just my speculation.)

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I don't WestAllen will break up. I think that Barry will return so messed up and maybe even with partial amnesia, although he'll still remember loving Iris. So they'll put their wedding plans on hold. Then it'll take almost all season for Barry to get back to himself, leading to a WestAllen wedding next season. Meanwhile, while Barry is messed up, Iris rethinks her own life and what she wants to do or how she wants to contribute to Team Flash. (Just my speculation.)

I thought they had amnesia Barry just before the finale. 

(edited)

Well, I don't want a crossover Olicity wedding so knowing my luck that's exactly what will happen. LMAO. This show has an uncanny knack of giving me the things I want in a way in which I don't want them. Haha. 

I don't know whether WestAllen will get married this season or not. I could see it happening more in s5 than anything but honestly I have no clue. I also don't think SA and DR would be teasing a WA wedding to Olicity shippers. But I think we have to wait until SDCC for more official teases from both shows. (I mean, it's entirely possible Olicity get married in the crossover and WestAllen have a moment of "This was supposed to be us" and it sets them on the path back together? I'm assuming they're not together right now, so IDK. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Edited by Guest
8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I thought they had amnesia Barry just before the finale. 

Yeah, but it was only for part of an episode and THEY did it to him, lol.  Oops. 

8 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I'm assuming they're not together right now, so IDK. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Only because of a forced separation, not a break up though.  

• Love 3

Crossover double wedding this season. Crossover divorces next season, maybe they can split the lawyer's fees? Since most of them are underemployed at least from a financial standpoint. Then we can get a Crossover make up double date two seasons from now. In a few more seasons, we'll probably have competing births.

It's about 50/50 at least a portion of crossover relationship drama. Maybe this year OQ will mess up Perfect BA's relationship. It's about time, BA get some retribution for the lives he has ruined in the Flarrowverse.

All I know is I hope there is no crossover weddings. It's not fair to any portion of the fandoms.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, kismet said:

All I know is I hope there is no crossover weddings. It's not fair to any portion of the fandoms.

I'm still of the mind it would be a great excuse to get everyone together and then the real stuff the crossover is about would start.  I'm watching all the shows so I think perhaps I just don't mind as much as others if a wedding from the other shows spills over or vice versa but to give everyone their ideal, I'll endorse the idea of an interrupted and rescheduled Flash wedding (when, to be determined in the future) and being at the wedding inspiring Oliver or Felicity to get married in 509.    

• Love 4

Would they do a wedding at the end of the crossover, rather than a wedding as an excuse for everyone to get together at the start of it?  "Hey, all our friends are here, let's get married right now!  Everyone, can any of you officiate?"

Tbh, I'm super chill about who gets married when right now.  With SA and DR confirming that there will be an Olicity wedding this season, I'm just sitting back munching my popcorn to see who gets married and when.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

With SA and DR confirming that there will be an Olicity wedding this season, I'm just sitting back munching my popcorn to see who gets married and when.

"We are pleased to announce that Martin Stein and Joseph West, both of Central City, will celebrate their nuptials in Olicity, named so for it's most successful and longest-lived city mayor, Oliver Queen.  Olicity was formerly named Star City after it was formerly named Starling City.  OPD officials will neither confirm nor deny whether an individual known simply as The Music Meister was involved in the wedding Mrrs Stein and West."

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Supergirl will likely be getting her own cover. IMO it's stupid. It's Black Lightning who should've gotten his own cover...

i expect it also because the show is mention across the covers.

The show that have gotten covers also;

DEjNV12UAAAq3Ig.jpg

DEjNWmiV0AE3nmN.jpg

• Love 1
(edited)

Is SG considered a hit? It had to move networks and the live ratings don't seem that impressive. I'm curious about the streaming ratings.

In the shipping categories for the TeenChoice Awards, SG is up but Arrow and Flash couples weren't.  I know that isn't based on popularity but still I didn't think they had the coverage.

Edited by Chaser

I would say the network cares more about pushing SG at the moment then any of the other DCTV shows. You have the first African American superhero on broadcast TV and you not pushing it harder. 

• Love 1

Every time I see a picture of Archie's stupid face I want to punch him, he looks so fake, but oddly, watching him live doesn't bother me.  

34 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Supergirl will likely be getting her own cover. IMO it's stupid. It's Black Lightning who should've gotten his own cover...

I agree it would be fair for BL to get his own cover but then they'd have to do five covers since there's no way they wouldn't promote their number one show and thankfully for me as an Arrow fan, they seem to be remembering to include Arrow as well.  I am glad that Supergirl wasn't just a passing fad, promotions wise.  

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I agree it would be fair for BL to get his own cover but then they'd have to do five covers since there's no way they wouldn't promote their number one show and thankfully for me as an Arrow fan, they seem to be remembering to include Arrow as well.  I am glad that Supergirl wasn't just a passing fad, promotions wise.  

I meant Supergirl/Flash/Arrow should've been on the same cover because they're all Arrowverse. Black Lighting is a separate DC entity that should've gotten its own cover. 

So it should've been:

• Arrowverse
  • BL
  • Riverdale
  • Supernatural
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

She looks like she desperately needs to pass gas but is trying really hard not to. 

I thought she looked like she was straining to pass something else, but sure, I'll go with yours. Are Supergirl's arms supposed to be jacked up? Because MB's certainly are not.

• Love 2

I wonder why Supergirl got her own cover but Black Lightning didn't? You'd think they'd want to push the new show.

Hmm.

19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I wonder why Supergirl got her own cover but Black Lightning didn't? You'd think they'd want to push the new show.

Hmm.

Maybe since Black Lightning is a mid season show they didn't think it needed it's own cover now?

• Love 1