Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

In the Iris vs MY BOY!! cliffhanger Iris wins for me, LOL

Well one is a character beloved by million of fans and the other is plot kid who is liked by no one save the writers of the show 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I'm going to say this again about The Flash. The shows want to follow the Buffy model, but I think it's time for a return to the good old-fashioned, 1960's/70's-style adventure of the week formula (with the update of ongoing character stuff, relationships, etc.- those old shows didn't have much of that).

But that's the way they can keep things fun, funny and lighthearted, which is definitely The Flash at its best. That was actually most of Season 1, since Wells wasn't revealed as RF (to the characters, not the audience) until pretty late in the season. I know they've already set up Devoe (aka The Thinker) for next year, but I really hope they can rethink this basic structure of the season. The show can do a lighthearted episode whenever it wants (the musical, the recent one where Barry lost his memory), it would not be hard for them to just focus on reclaiming that Season 1, light, fun tone.

That was what it was originally praised for anyway, but it keeps getting bogged down in angst, and I think it's because they feel like they have to keep this season long threat looming over everything (which can't come to a head until the finale), instead of focusing on individual episodes.

Do the threat in a final arc that plays out in the last handful of eps, don't keep it clouding over everything and placing anguish on all the characters all season long. If you want to set the final villain up before that, you can always show him in bits to the audience, but keep it from darkening the rest of the show overall. 

Sometimes I really wish I could be in the writer's room, lol. This just seems so obvious to me.

Yeah, I completely agree.  And if they want the big bad to be an ongoing thing, let it be something like what they did with Wells.  Let the audience know who to worry about but let the characters keep living their lives.  They can face off against the Big Bad's minions without knowing all the fights are coming from the same place.  I think Arrow and Flash suffer from the shows not letting us follow the characters through the steps of figuring out who is behind something and how to take them down.  Half the fun is watching the characters work together.  Give them something to do!

When Captain Cold and Black Canary face off, they flirt—"Trying to steal a kiss, Leonard?" Canary asks—referencing the brief romance between Cold and Sara Lance, the Arrowverse's first Black Canary, on Legends of Tomorrow.

Hee! So once again Sara gets the nod as the live action version of the Black Canary.  Works for me.  Hey, Dinah might have a shot at the title but she hasn't even taken on the title yet, lol.  

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hee! So once again Sara gets the nod as the live action version of the Black Canary.  Works for me.  Hey, Dinah might have a shot at the title but she hasn't even taken on the title yet, lol.  

That's true. My first thought, however, was - they really, really like sister swapping to be implying it here.

giphy.gif

(edited)

I'm confused.  :(

The Black Canary in Injustice is Dinah Laurel, right?  I don't know how these things work.  I know a little bit about the Gods Among Us storyline - is this one a direct sequel to that one? Or are they separate?

6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I love that Sara is front and center in the LoT poster.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUfH2UWBd_1/

Holy terrible photoshop Batman.  And I consider myself fairly easy to please in that area.  And why are they standing in front of the Stargate? (Lol)

Wait, is this an "official" poster?  Or a fan made one?

I do like that Sara's in the center.  And I wonder if this is implying that Rip is still a regular (assuming it's "official")?

Edited by Starfish35

The poster is pretty bad. CL posted it so i think its offical. They just keep reusing the season one photos. 

I also think it's funny that Ray is behind Jax. When for the last two seaons they were pushing him as the male lead. Now Mick and Jax are by Sara's side. 

• Love 2

From the season 3 summary it sounds like Rip is a big part of the show. I would think he's a regular. I think he'll only be missing the first few episodes then show with his Time Bureau.

Question: The Legion ring was shown in the fortress in Kevin Smith’s Supergirlepisode. When will see it used in action? —Jen
Ausiello: When we delivered your Q to Supergirl star Melissa Benoist, she answered, “The Legion Ring, I believe, is on its way — but I don’t know exactly when.”

Question: Is it safe to assume that Cat Grant is back full time for Season 3 ofSupergirl? She looked pretty cozy in her old office. —Kellen
Ausiello: It is not safe to assume that. Despite the fact that Flockhart was listed among the series regulars in Supergirl‘s official Season 3 press release, I’m told she will not rejoin the full-time ranks. But if the scheduling can be worked out, you can count on her putting in a handful of guest appearances, as she did in Season 2. BONUS SCOOP: Casting for Season 3 villain Reign is underway and rumor has it the Big Bad will have a major presence in Season 3 (i.e. appearing in possibly a dozen episodes).

http://tvline.com/2017/05/24/will-and-grace-series-finale-revival-estranged-children-spoilers/

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm confused.  :(

The Black Canary in Injustice is Dinah Laurel, right?  I don't know how these things work.  I know a little bit about the Gods Among Us storyline - is this one a direct sequel to that one? Or are they separate?

Yes, Yes, No. 

So LoT is definitely getting another short season. I wonder how many episodes they'll get this year? I'm assuming Black Lightning will get 13 to start will they just split the 2 Shows at 13 each? Probably not, probably 16 for LoT and 13 for BL.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yes, Yes, No. 

Ok, so, I thought that the Oliver in the first Injustice was killed by Superman, and at the end Dinah went to another universe and ended up getting with a different Oliver.  Am I mixing up stories? So is this Injustice 2 set in that other universe?  

(I don't know why I'm trying to understand this - lol)

Edited by Starfish35
Just now, Starfish35 said:

Ok, so, I thought that the Oliver in the first Injustice was killed by Superman, and at the end Dinah went to another universe and ended up getting with a different Oliver.  Am I mixing up stories?

You would be correct. They decided to start dating (surprise) and she recently just proposed to him.

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

You would be correct. They decided to start dating (surprise) and she recently just proposed to him.

So this sequel is set in the new (alternate) universe?

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Same verse as the first one, Dinah/Oliver return from their alt universe to help with the new threat.

Ah gotcha.  Thanks.

Edited by Starfish35

So, there's at least a couple of people who are pretty sure that Barry and Iris's Save-the-Date card said "November 29, 2017." I couldn't see the numbers, but I also am pretty sure I saw November.

And that has to be intentional if that's what it said, because that's crossover week. They may be intending for the wedding to take place during the big 4-show crossover. Ambitious move. I figured they'd want to have Oliver, Diggle, Kara, Felicity, etc, come to the wedding, but I don't know how the other shows are supposed to incorporate that into their own episodes.

Maybe there will be some big threat or villain that crashes the whole thing.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So LoT is definitely getting another short season. I wonder how many episodes they'll get this year? I'm assuming Black Lightning will get 13 to start will they just split the 2 Shows at 13 each? Probably not, probably 16 for LoT and 13 for BL.

Yeah I am curious if both will just be 13. I don't know if they can schedule LOT at 16 and BL at 13, unless either LOT doesn't get replaced by BL in its time slot, doubt it, or LOT burns it's season off quicker with the break after Xmas being much smaller so it ends in early February. Because BL will need to start as early as February to finish in May.

• Love 1
(edited)

tumblr_inline_om7ulruG8Z1r2efhr_400.gif

But I'm trying not to get too excited, because they could easily change the wedding date, too. Also, it seems just a bit too soon for them to get married; however, the show has typically had Barry & Iris reach their relationship milestones quickly.

In any case, I wouldn't mind the wedding taking place during crossover week. Logistically, I assume it'd be easier to get all the actors together for that episode.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

So, there's at least a couple of people who are pretty sure that Barry and Iris's Save-the-Date card said "November 29, 2017." I couldn't see the numbers, but I also am pretty sure I saw November.

And that has to be intentional if that's what it said, because that's crossover week. They may be intending for the wedding to take place during the big 4-show crossover. Ambitious move. I figured they'd want to have Oliver, Diggle, Kara, Felicity, etc, come to the wedding, but I don't know how the other shows are supposed to incorporate that into their own episodes.

Maybe there will be some big threat or villain that crashes the whole thing.

Not sure the wedding would be apart of the crossover. The Flash would air second in the crossover event with Supergirl being the first to open the week, with now Arrow ending the week with the crossovers now. Maybe SG just won't be included in it and just cameo about to go to the wedding at the end of her show.

I don't understand why they can't have the crossover starting with the Flash and ending with the Supergirl the Monday after. Because SG starting the week always means the crossover's cant work properly with her being included.

I know they like the crossovers all being in the same week, but its impossible to function them with how the show's air. 

Funny enough now that The Flash and LOT air on the same night, it's truly easier to navigate a crossover anytime since they air on the same night. So they could just as easily have Arrow lead out the event on the Thursday, and carry the crossover story the week after on the Monday and Tuesday. Nobody said the first show in the week has to start it out.

I think they might move Legends (or maybe even Flash?) to Wednesday of that week, so they can sell the "four night crossover" event that worked so well last year.

There was some production reason why Supergirl wasn't really involved last time; the producers have said that it will be more a part of the crossover next time.

They could have Iris (and Linda, danggit!) go to Supergirl's Earth for her bachelorette party!

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

I don't understand why they can't have the crossover starting with the Flash and ending with the Supergirl the Monday after. Because SG starting the week always means the crossover's cant work properly with her being included.

The problem that I see is that Supergirl is in another universe.  To end with Supergirl means that the casts of the other shows (Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Barry & whoever else from Flash and the whole crew of the Waverider) must find some reason to all visit Supergirl's Earth.  If it's just Oliver, Barry, and a couple of people from LoT, it's not a trust crossover episode.

35 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I hope MG has his off the grid bunker secured if they have Iris/Barry get married in a crossover before Olicity. 

Oliver and Felicity have been a teased couple a lot longer than Iris/Barry.  Oliver was jealous of Barry being with Felicity before The Flash was even a show.

The only reason to have Barry and Iris married before Oliver and Felicity is Because Comics, and I don't think there is anything Olicity fans hate more than "Because Comics".

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The only reason to have Barry and Iris married before Oliver and Felicity is Because Comics, and I don't think there is anything Olicity fans hate more than "Because Comics".

So first show gets the first wedding? "Comics" is hardly the "only" reason. (If it's a reason at all.) Ignoring the cliffhangers for a moment, right now, Barry and Iris seem closer to marriage than Oliver and Felicity who are just starting over. That being said, I can see O & F eloping on a whim, which seems more their style. (And what do Olicity fans have to do with Barry and iris getting married?)

But it's all speculation, anyway, since November could have been a placeholder, or wishful thinking by the writers. Who knows if they've even started writing the crossover?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Make it a double wedding and solve the problem.  Lol.  Hey, throw in Maggie and Alex and it could be a triple wedding.   And then there's Kara and Mon-El.....

*......runs for cover*

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Trini said:

So first show gets the first wedding? "Comics" is hardly the "only" reason. (If it's a reason at all.) Ignoring the cliffhangers for a moment, right now, Barry and Iris seem closer to marriage than Oliver and Felicity who are just starting over. That being said, I can see O & F eloping on a whim, which seems more their style. (And what do Olicity fans have to do with Barry and iris getting married?)

But it's all speculation, anyway, since November could have been a placeholder, or wishful thinking by the writers. Who knows if they've even started writing the crossover?

Omg GASP lord forbid Arrow fans be more keen for an Olicity wedding then a WestAllen wedding on GASP the ARROW board! 

• Love 11
(edited)

Shouldn't the longer relationship get the first wedding?  It hasn't even been two full seasons yet that Iris has been thinking of Barry as a romantic partner.

I thought that Barry was trapped in the Stream while Oliver is only an island away from Felicity.  We'll have to agree to disagree as to who is closer right now.

9 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

And then there's Kara and Mon-El.....

Take that back!  While Maggie and Alex is a snoozefest for me because of the shoddy writing, I can at least tolerate their scenes. I refuse to watch Mon El/Kara and I really want to watch Oliver and Felicity get married.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Take that back!

Lol sorry.  I couldn't resist. ;)  Kara and Mon-El are the only couple of the four right now that hasn't even had a proposal yet, so I think you're pretty safe on that front.  

(edited)

I want Olicity to elope or have a tiny ceremony with their team of shippers giving them "you guys are just too cute" looks. Curtis with his over excitement while Dinah is trying to calm him down, Rene saying something about how mum and dad are getting married, Diggle shipping hard but looking cool, Thea heckling the happy couple and Quentin watching them all looking amused.

I can see that more than a big wedding to be honest. I can see them having an incredibly cute conversation and then just getting married. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5
(edited)

The problem that I see is that Supergirl is in another universe.  To end with Supergirl means that the casts of the other shows (Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Barry & whoever else from Flash and the whole crew of the Waverider) must find some reason to all visit Supergirl's Earth.  If it's just Oliver, Barry, and a couple of people from LoT, it's not a trust crossover episode.

Since crossing over from other Planets is now so simple, they could pretty easily just send Supergirl an invitation to the Flash wedding.  She gets cousin Kal to cover her city and takes a few friends for a visit to this other world.  (Who wouldn't want to go?)  They could either just start the plot once she and (insert names here) show up in Central City or something from her world sneaks over with them.  They really don't need the world falling apart to have her come by.  

I'm not saying I want a WestAllen wedding in the crossovers, but it would be a reason to get everyone in the same place and let them just have fun interacting with no pressure for a while and that i would like to see.  Also I've heard it suggested that after WestAllen's wedding is all blown up, the threat is handled and they decide to postpone so they can do it right, Olicity takes advantage of the moment and steps in for an impromptu wedding, not caring about the singed peonies or torn clothes as long as all their friends are there.     

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Shouldn't the longer relationship get the first wedding?  It hasn't even been two full seasons yet that Iris has been thinking of Barry as a romantic partner.

Maybe, but not necessarily. It would actually depend on where the couple is at, wouldn't it? I figure an engaged couple is closer to a wedding than one that isn't; regardless of how long they've been on the air.

I thought that Barry was trapped in the Stream while Oliver is only an island away from Felicity.  We'll have to agree to disagree as to who is closer right now.

I was talking about the status of the relationship, not distance.

1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Also I've heard it suggested that after WestAllen's wedding is all blown up and they decide to postpone, Olicity takes advantage of the moment and steps in for an impromptu wedding, not caring about the singed peonies or torn clothes as long as all their friends are there.     

I think that scenario would fall under "How to Enrage Two Ship Fandoms 101". Westallen fans would be pissed off at the fakeout, and Olicity fans wouldn't want a castoff wedding.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm not saying I want a WestAllen wedding but it would be a reason to get everyone in the same place and let them just have fun interacting with no pressure for a while and that i would like to see.  Also I've heard it suggested that after WestAllen's wedding is all blown up, the threat is handled and they decide to postpone so they can do it right, Olicity takes advantage of the moment and steps in for an impromptu wedding, not caring about the singed peonies or torn clothes as long as all their friends are there.     

Everybody wins!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

LOT got 17 episodes last season so likely the same.

25 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Omg GASP lord forbid Arrow fans be more keen for an Olicity wedding then a WestAllen wedding on GASP the ARROW board! 

"Olicity fans" was brought up in relation to Barry and Iris getting married, when I don't see how those things have anything to do with each other.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Trini said:

I figure an engaged couple is closer to a wedding than one that isn't; regardless of how long they've been on the air.

Not necessarily -- Oliver and Felicity were at the "engaged and sending out wedding invitations" stage a year and a half ago.

It's  personal opinion as to who is emotionally closer -- a couple who were engaged recently because Barry wanted to defy the universe, or a couple who got engaged because they loved each other and thought it was time, were tested and needed to become more mature apart, and are now together again.

I  think that Oliver and Felicity are closer because Felicity has more agency than Iris does.  Oliver is also more mature than Barry is.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 10