Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

Well Captain Marvel is said to take place in the 90's 

Yes, but we've never heard of Coulson interacting with her so now they might do some retcon. It could be that she is too top secret for him to talk about. Then again, he doesn't really talk much about working with the other Avengers either. 

• Love 1

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 30 (Week 32):

• The Flash 1.36, 3.314M
  • Supergirl 0.83, 2.442M
  • Supernatural 0.81, 2.325M
  • Riverdale 0.80, 2.043M
  • The Originals 0.80, 1.803M
  • The 100 0.70, 1.946M
  • Arrow 0.67, 1.899M
  • iZombie 0.46, 1.237M
  • Dynasty 0.24M, 0.869M
  • Life Sentence 0.22, 0.626M

Source: Programming Insider

Having Iris, Caitlin and Cisco running around to prepare a trash can for Dig is a nice twist to a sight gag that’s played out a few times over so far. Is Lyla supposed to be in this episode as well? Let me know if they mention DDDiaz. I’d like for either one of them to go, we’ve been having trouble dealing with him. Mostly because he mumbles so we don’t have a clue what he actually wants.

• Love 2

The most dangerous threat Star City has ever seen and he doesn’t merit a mention. Makes sense. Good job on reinforcing my impression that Ollie who was pissing on cop cars was a bigger threat to SC, Arrowverse writers.

• Love 7

I was watching Flash and thinking if DeVoe melts everyone's brains why would they even need to worry about DDD.

Barry should call Oliver and tell him to have lots of dessert with Felicity and peace out before they all get stupid anyway! 

• Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

For some reason I thought Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin were no longer together (did their characters on Gotham break up?), but The Fug Girls just posted a picture of them at what looks like the Deadpool 2 premiere.

IMG_0934.JPG

They really are married and they have a child together. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
I’m in a bad mood.
  • Love 1
(edited)

'Gotham' Boss Sets New Batman Prequel Series at Epix (Exclusive)
MAY 16, 2018 9:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gotham-boss-sets-new-batman-prequel-series-at-epix-1112339

Epix is getting into the DC Comics business.

The MGM-owned premium cable network has handed out a 10-episode, straight-to-series order for Pennyworth, a drama set in the Batman universe from Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller.

The series will revolve around Alfred Pennyworth, the best friend and butler to Bruce Wayne (aka Batman). The series is not a Gotham spinoff but rather an entirely new story exploring Alfred's origins as a former British SAS soldier who forms a secret company and goes to work with Thomas Wayne — Bruce's billionaire father — in 1960s London. Sean Pertwee, who plays Alfred Pennyworth on Fox's recently renewed Gotham, is not involved. Casting has not yet begun and the series is set in a completely different universe despite hailing from Heller and producers Warner Horizon. (Others who have played the Alfred role include Jeremy Irons, Michael Gough, Michael Caine, Alan Napier and William Austin, among others.)

Pennyworth is based on DC characters created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. Heller will pen the script and executive produce. The drama marks a reunion for Heller with Gotham's Danny Cannon, who will exec produce and direct the pilot as he did with the Fox Batman origin story.
The sale marks a key off-network pickup for Warners in an era when broadcast, cable and streamers are increasingly looking to own their pricey scripted originals. The series arrives as Gotham is poised to finally introduce the caped crusader after four seasons of young Bruce's (David Mazouz) journey. The pickup also extends Warners-based DC Entertainment beyond Syfy's Superman prequel Krypton and multiple broadcast series on The CW including Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning. DC also has a rapidly growing suite of live-action and animated scripted originals on its forthcoming DC Universe subscription platform.

Edited by tv echo

The Flash ………………….. 0.655 … (0.675 … 0.634)
The 100 ……………………. 0.353 … (0.363 … 0.343)

Source: RJK @ SpottedRatings.com

I haven’t seen the unrounded finals for last week yet but I’ll keep watching for them. 

52 minutes ago, tv echo said:

'Gotham' Boss Sets New Batman Prequel Series at Epix (Exclusive)
MAY 16, 2018 9:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gotham-boss-sets-new-batman-prequel-series-at-epix-1112339

I don't know if that's the right way to go. Young Alfred on Gotham is pretty formidable and is responsible for Bruce's early training. I guess we saw young Bruce become Batman and the creation of his villains. Why not show Alfred. 

Arrow s6 DVD will be released on August 14th

BURBANK, CA (May 16, 2018) –The CW’s longest-running DC series will be coming to a city near you on August 14, 2018 as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releases Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season on Blu-ray and DVD. Averaging 2.3 million Viewers weekly for each original episode, Arrow is the #3 series on The CW season-to-date amongst Adults 18-34, behind only The Flash and Black Lightning.* The release contains all 23 exhilarating episodes from the sixth season, plus the show’s 2017 Comic-Con Panel, the crossover featurette and much more. Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season is priced to own at $44.98 SRP for the DVD and $49.99 SRP for the Blu-ray which includes a Digital Copy. Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season is also available to own on Digital via purchase from digital retailers.

*Source: Nielsen National TV View, 2017-18 broadcast season to date (09/18/2017 – 03/18/2018), Live + 7 Day ratings; excluding movies, sports, repeats, specials, less than 3 telecasts

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-season-6-blu-ray-dvd-details-revealed/

(edited)

Nothing, just a bit of speculation.  In one of her interviews she said something odd - I can’t remember the wording exactly.  And then there was that tweet about “I have a lot to say!” Which could have meant nothing.  Like I said, nothing major.  But I know she’s been living with Caity, so the news that KC would be living with CL again just made me go hmmm.  It all probably means nothing, but....just speculation. Lol. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

The whole "We cant call him the Joker being it dilutes the brand" stuff is such a load of crap. DC, what are you doing at any moment, ever? They're probably just pissy that a lot of fans prefer Gotham's take on The Joker, while their heavily promoted Leto Joker was a bust with a lot of critics and fans. I mean, I know that marvels TV and film departments dont come together much, but at least they dont actively mess with the writing and casting of the TV verse just to make their movies look better, or because they have so little confidence in their products that they fear having more than one version of a character. 

• Love 2

Is there any info on who else from the CW shows will be making an appearance at the upfronts? I think some of the CXG cast are going; I don't think any of the Flash cast are, but maybe the producers?

Deadline noted that all the DC shows are on 3 consectutive nights, which helps the crossover. So the conclusion of the crossover should be on The Flash, if Black Lightning isn't included - and I don't think it will be.

Fingers crossed for BL to stay short.

• Love 2

So they got over their we can't have 5 superhero shows on at one time thing. I would assume some of them are getting shortened seasons to fit in their Mid-season shows. I'm hoping LoT and BL stay with the shortened seasons. It works for them. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Trini said:

Deadline noted that all the DC shows are on 3 consectutive nights, which helps the crossover. So the conclusion of the crossover should be on The Flash, if Black Lightning isn't included - and I don't think it will be.

Fingers crossed for BL to stay short.

It might well end up as a big Flashpalooza if it does end up as their 100th.

(edited)

I wonder if Supergirl will start late or not, since it won't begin filming until later in the summer and if that will affect crossover placement. There's nothing that says it has to be episode 8 for every show, I suppose.

But I did think it worked a lot better as a two hour consecutive block on successive nights. The whole mini-movie thing.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I wonder if Supergirl will start late or not, since it won't begin filming until later in the summer and if that will affect crossover placement. There's nothing that says it has to be episode 8 for every show, I suppose.

I doubt it. They will still shot for an October launch date. 

(edited)

FYI...
Wayward Sisters Post Mortem: CW Boss Explains Why Network Passed on High-Profile Supernatural Spinoff
By Michael Ausiello / May 17 2018, 5:38 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/wayward-sisters-cancelled-pilot-supernatural-spinoff/

Wayward Sisters won’t be doin’ it for themselves this fall — and now we know why. Explaining his network’s decision not to order the high-profile Supernatural spinoff to series, CW president Mark Pedowitz told reporters early Thursday, “We are big fans of the characters and the women who played those characters… We hope they continue on as guest stars on Supernatural… But we did not feel creatively that the show was where we wanted it to be. And we felt we had a better shot with [Originals spinoff] Legacies.”

Here's why The CW didn't rescue Lucifer
NATALIE ABRAMS May 17, 2018 at 09:13 AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/17/cw-save-lucifer/

Sorry, Lucifer fans, but The CW isn’t going to give the Fox devil drama an 11th hour save.
“We have had no conversations about it whatsoever,” CW boss Mark Pedowitz told reporters ahead of the network’s upfront presentation on Thursday morning about, well, saving Lucifer. “We are happy with what we have. There’s been no discussion about it. There’s just been no discussion and we’re focused on our own development.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Article includes show descriptions and casts for all of the new CW shows...

The CW May Be Small, But It Will Air More Hours of Scripted Series Than ABC, NBC, or Fox Next Season
Michael Schneider   May 17, 2018
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/the-cw-fall-2018-schedule-supergirl-charmed-crazy-ex-girlfriend-1201965666/

The CW revealed a 2018-2019 TV schedule on Thursday with 12 hours of original scripted series — which The CW president Mark Pedowitz boasted was more than any other broadcast network except CBS.

“The more programming we have, the better off we are,” said The CW president Mark Pedowitz. “It includes our own cwtv.com, as well as the back end that the studios have on the Netflix arrangement. The affiliates were very much supportive of having another night of programming provided by the CW. It was combination of a multiple of things. We do believe in broadcast, we are growing and we wanted to stake a claim that we can grow while others contract.”
Midseason
“In the Dark” (new drama), “Roswell, New Mexico” (new drama), “Jane the Virgin,” “iZombie,” “The 100.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Yeah, that's what we're wondering about. How or if that will impact the premiere date and/or the crossover timing.

Although, it doesn't really have to, because they're usually filming episode 7 or 8 by the time the premieres start airing. If Supergirl's on episode 4 or something, it could still start airing around the same time. And the crossover could be Supergirl's episode 5 while it's everyone else's episode 8, right?

So, that schedule is actually alright. At first glance, I wasn't sure about Arrow's new timeslot, but upon further glance at the whole networks scheduling, there's nothing that's in competition during that time. 9-1-1 is the closest one, but I'm not really concerned with watching that show live.

Supergirl is now on at Sundays at 8pm? That could be an interesting timeslot for them. It does cut into me giving God Friended Me a chance, but I guess I'll be watching the former live. I do wonder if Supergirl will start later. If that's the case, then wouldn't Charmed have to start later too? What else would they be able to put on Sundays in the meantime? 

Everything else looks alright for me. I think last year, I had a timeslot where I wanted to watch three different shows but couldn't. This year, it's really only minor competition, maybe.

Now, it's just waiting on the episode order. 

• Love 1

‘Jane The Virgin, ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’, ‘iZombie’ To End After Upcoming Seasons
by Nellie Andreeva and Denise Petski  May 17, 2018 5:00am
http://deadline.com/2018/05/jane-the-virgin-crazy-ex-girlfriend-i-zombie-end-upcoming-seasons-canceled-the-cw-1202392949/

It’s official. The CW’s comedies Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will end after their upcoming fifth and fourth seasons, respectively. Additionally, the network revealed this season that the upcoming fifth season of comedic drama iZombie also will be its last, making for string of farewells on the CW next season. It will start with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which is on the fall schedule, and continue in midseason with Jane the Virgin and iZombie.