Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Do I want a scene of Oliver and Felicity holding their newborn at some point? Of course. I know SA especially would kill that scene. But I don't want it now. I want Felicity to have her own company and, you know, an actual storyline beyond one line about it here and there.

If these were good writers they could explore Felicity juggling being a new CEO and a new mom along with Team Arrow duties but I know they're not and they'd use a baby to sideline her even more.

• Love 13
(edited)

Black Lightning is still holding onto that 0.5 without The Flash lead-in, but just barely.  Unrounded preliminary numbers from RJK at SpottedRatings:

The Flash (r) .................. 0.244 ... (0.258 ... 0.230)
Black Lightning .............. 0.467 ... (0.462 ... 0.472)

We'll see if it helps their numbers when The Flash returns next week.  They only have two episodes left this season.

Last night's ratings (final)

IMG_0887.PNG

Edited by Starfish35
Updating with final numbers
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

The only one I'm hoping for is this - and that Arrow accounts for half that number.

Sad thing is, even if they do leave, whose to say they won't make their "triumphant" return in the premiere episode of season 7?

• Love 1
(edited)

I have not watched these vids yet (from March 31 and April 1)...

Awesome Con 2018 Cress Williams Panel
Published on Apr 3, 2018, by The Nerd Element

Smallville's Welling, Rosenbaum's first Awesome Con; mostly has ASL interpreter
Published on Apr 2, 2018, by Shannon collins

Edited by tv echo

Someone pointed out that the pregnancy is likely to be FitzSimmons which makes so much sense given the current plot. I am a big FitzSimmons shipper and I should be happy but their plot is so bleak and dark right now I can't even enjoy the baby news if there is baby news *wails*

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I am a big FitzSimmons shipper and I should be happy but their plot is so bleak and dark right now I can't even enjoy the baby news if there is baby news *wails*

Plus, as Fitz said, they give birth to a daughter who gets with a space goon and has a Deke.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Plus, as Fitz said, they give birth to a daughter who gets with a space goon and has a Deke.

Deke for me is still better than the N00bs. I don't mind Deke but it's just all so depressing with twisted Fitz lurking around.

These are not the kids we saw in S1.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Deke for me is still better than the N00bs

Better than the newbies right now for sure, but he just gives me major s5 Rene vibes (not terrible, but his presence just brings me down), which makes me wary.

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

These were not the kids we saw in S1.

And we already knew that back in s3! We didn't need this reminder in s5! (Am I talking about Oliver's characterization or FitzSimmons' relationship and character development? The world may never know...)

This is totally not knocking on you or FitzSimmons particularly, I'm just tired.

3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Better than the newbies right now for sure, but he just gives me major s5 Rene vibes (not terrible, but his presence just brings me down), which makes me wary.

And we already knew that back in s3! We didn't need this reminder in s5! (Am I talking about Oliver's characterization or FitzSimmons' relationship and character development? The world may never know...)

This is totally not knocking on you or FitzSimmons particularly, I'm just tired.

Oh I hear you! I feel the same! I am usually pretty tolerant of the drama they throw at FitzSimmons because it the show is generally very good but these last few eps I am really over it! Like you say, just tired of the whole thing! 

And the Joker’s going to fuck it up and I AM READY. 

Since Rebirth started I’ve wondered why he’s only shown up in flashback story (in Batman, he may have shown up in a title I don’t read), but it no longer matters because IT’S JOKER TIME!!!!!!! The next few months are going to kill me with Bat+Cat vs Joker awesomeness. I can’t wait. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I've got an event I need to attend tonight, so I'll miss reading all the comments during the live posting! You guys are so hilarious! But I suspect there won't be any Shut Up, Curtis! Shut Up Dinahs! tonight.

Both Dinah and Curtis are in the episode so you can be sure I'm gonna tell them to shut up at some point. ?

• Love 3
(edited)

Karl Urban to Star in Amazon Superhero Drama Series 'The Boys'
APRIL 05, 2018 2:30pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/karl-urban-star-amazon-superhero-drama-series-boys-1100208

The Star Trek and Lord of the Rings actor has landed the starring role in Amazon Studios' straight-to-series superhero drama The Boys.

The Boys takes places in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame, and centers on a group of vigilantes known informally as "the boys" who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty.

Urban, whose last series regular role was in Fox's short-lived sci-fi drama Almost Human, will play Billy Butcher, who is described as mysterious and brutal with a personal but secret agenda. He approaches Hughie (Jack Quaid), claiming to be a shadowy government operative. Butcher capitalizes on Hughie's rage over his girlfriend Robin’s (uncast) accidental death at the hands of Superhero A-Train (Jessie T. Usher) and enlists Hughie as part of his plan to bring down the superhero system. Karen Fukuhara, Erin Moriarty, Antony Starr, Dominique McElligott, Chace Crawford and Nathan Mitchell co-star.

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke will serve as creator and showrunner on The Boys, which will be directed by Seth Rogen and his longtime producing partner Evan Goldberg. The trio will exec produce with Original Film's Neal H. Moritz (Prison Break), Ori Marmur (Preacher), Pavun Shetty (New Girl) and James Weaver of Rogen and Goldberg's Point Grey Pictures. Comic author Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson are on board as co-executive producers. The Boys marks a reunion for the Preacher team of Rogen, Goldberg, Moritz and Ennis. Sony Pictures Television Studios, also home to Rogen's AMC comic book adaptation Preacher and his Hulu comedy Future Man, will co-produce with Amazon. 
A premiere date for The Boys has yet to be determined.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘Black Panther’ Passes ‘Jurassic World’ Domestically And ‘Frozen’ Globally — Box Office

Black Panther continues its climb up the box office charts. The Disney/Marvel superhero film has officially now crossed two big box office milestones: Domestically, with a box office tally of $652.5M, it officially surpassed Jurassic World($652.3M) to become the No. 4 movie of all-time. And, globally it passed Frozen’s $1,276.5M to step into the Top Ten movies of all time. It has grossed $1.279.2M to date.

• Love 4

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Hits Tracking With The Potential To Open To $200M+

EXCLUSIVE: Disney/Marvel’s Avengers Infinity War arrived on tracking today with numbers that literally indicate the movie could open to $200M-plus, easily on its way to a record April debut. Note this is an industry prediction, not one from Disney. The studio is historically conservative with their projections.

The asterisk here is that when films chart this high on tracking, it becomes hard to predict their opening.....

In unaided awareness, that portion of survey-taking where the person being polled brings up a movie title without being prompted, Infinity War has a huge 42, a score that’s higher than The Force Awakens (36, $247.9M), Black Panther (35, $202M), The Last Jedi (35, $220M), Jurassic World (24, $209M) and Avengers (26, $207M).

Other strong indicators: First choice where Infinity War has an enormous 38 which is also higher than The Force Awakens (22, $247.9M), Black Panther (25, $202M), The Last Jedi (23, $220M), and Jurassic World (17, $209M), and Avengers (21, $207M).

The pent-up anticipation here for Marvel fans is that Infinity War stars the entire universe (sans X-Men) including the newly Sony rebooted Spider-Man Tom Holland.

Back on March 16, Fandango announced that in six hours, advance tickets sales for Infinity War already broke the 24-hour sales records of all previous superhero movies, including Black Panther, which in its first day was outstripping Captain America: Civil War ($179.1M).

(edited)

Was Grey's Scare Cruel? Was ABC OK With Roseanne's Diss? Did Five-0 Skip a Beat? Hydra High School? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz, Rebecca Iannucci, Charlie Mason and Maggie Gorman / April 6 2018, 11:16 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/06/greys-anatomy-season-14-arizona-cancer-scare-tv-questions-answers/

1 | Having seen how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Hale and then Ruby were raised, are you kinda hankering for a Hydra High School spinoff via Disney Channel?
7 | Is there any chance Legends of Tomorrow‘s Mallus has a distant cousin on Shadowhunters he doesn’t know about? Also, is it kind of fun that the show regularly acknowledges that no one knows how to pronounce “Mallus”?
demons.jpg?w=321&h=174 
22 | Would the Arrowverse’s super-covert ARGUS really have a clearly labeled HQ? Also, would a freshly terminated police captain have any authority to fire anyone on their way out?
tvq-argus.jpg?w=267&h=181

23 | Can we agree that Gotham‘s Jerome (as played by Cameron Monaghan) is 100 times more dread-inducing than Suicide Squad‘s actual Joker (played by Jared Leto)? Similarly, can we agree that the old Batman series delivered far more clever riddles than any of Nygma’s?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, tv echo said:

The Boys takes places in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame, and centers on a group of vigilantes known informally as "the boys" who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty.

Um. Eric...this sounds like the Winchesters....I am kind of miffed a little bit. I gotta say.  Yes I am a defensive SPN girl.  LOL

DC TV Watch: Did 'Gotham' Just Introduce the Real Joker?
APRIL 06, 2018 12:48pm PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-gotham-cameron-monaghan-joker-twin-brother-1100227

Welcome back to The Hollywood Reporter's weekly DC TV Watch, a rundown of all things DC Comics on the small screen. Every Friday, we round up the major twists, epic fights, new mysteries and anything else that goes down on The CW's Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Black Lightning and Fox's Gotham. Note: The Flash and Supergirl did not air new episodes this week.

Seriously torn about The Boys show. On the one hand, Karl Urban is so awesome, I would follow him to most anything. On the other hand, I read some of the comic book and...not a fan. At all. It seemed to me to be a needlessly mean spirited swipe at superheros by a bitter fanboy who doesn't even really understand that things that he is complaining about. Or, he wants to look like the cool kid who hates the popular thing, and that makes him smarter. I dont mind a darker superhero story or a deconstruction, but The Boys didn't seem to have much of a greater purpose beyond nihilistic violence and saying how lame and shitty superheroes are. And it wasn't even darkly humorous or satirical really, it was just pissed. 

Maybe it got better later, but what I read didn't make me want to read more. But, Karl Urban...

• Love 2

Will Sara get her wish to kill Damien?
I don’t know, man. I have huge ambivalence about that character, who would have been so easy to dispatch anywhere along the line for whatever the five years he’s been in the Arrowverse. I’ve grown increasingly fond of him. I, in a strange way, love him as a Legend at this point. I feel like his love of his daughter Nora has entirely redeemed him. I thought that moment in the last episode where he told Sara that he would take it all back if he could, Neal totally won me over in that moment. Obviously Sara is a little tougher than I am, but I don’t know. I saw something in her, I think her will buckled there for a moment. Honestly, it’s 50/50. It would be so satisfying to watch her get her satisfaction, but I think she’s moved on since then. Sometimes when you get what you want, you realize that it wasn’t what you wanted. I don’t think Sara is going to get exactly what she has been hoping for all those thousands of times she imagined killing Damien.

The season 3 finale of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow airs Monday at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

I am fine if Sara doesn't kill DD, I even could live with them letting him go and insanely assuming he will be a better man.  (They don't always make the best choices, lol) but I will do not want him "redeemed" and brought on the ship as a legend...even if I know the comedy could be gold.  It's just a step too far.  It would be BS level of redemption and I just can't.  DD tried to destroy the WORLD.  There's no take backs from that.  

• Love 7

They run the risk of making the same mistake that they made with Malcolm Merlyn -- kept the character on too long because they liked Barrowman's portrayal so much that they ruined the good thing they once had.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They run the risk of making the same mistake that they made with Malcolm Merlyn -- kept the character on too long because they liked Barrowman's portrayal so much that they ruined the good thing they once had.

I confess I've found DD in the last two seasons of LoT more enjoyable than Malcolm's time on Arrow from season's 3-5 but I can't imagine how they'd justify keeping DD around, but I worry they will try.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I confess I've found DD in the last two seasons of LoT more enjoyable than Malcolm's time on Arrow from season's 3-5 but I can't imagine how they'd justify keeping DD around, but I worry they will try.  

To be honest, JB can chew the scenery a bit much for my liking, which is why it's easy for me to get tired of him.  He was good in season one of Arrow, and season two of Legends, but...a little bit of him goes a long way. 

But NM just cracks me up for some reason - he just plays the role with such delight.  In spite of that, I totally agree that making him a Legend would be going too far. I can sympathize with his regrets regarding his daughter, but I can't agree that it makes up for trying to destroy the world.

• Love 1
(edited)

LoT panel is scheduled for today (Saturday)...

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), April 6-8, 2018 (IL)
Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh and Dominic Purcell
http://www.c2e2.com/en/Sessions/56393/Legends-of-Tomorrow-with-Caity-Lotz-Brandon-Routh-Dominic-Purcell

Legends of Tomorrow with Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh & Dominic Purcell
April 07, 2018, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM [Chicago time]

It may not be the Waverider, but the Main Stage @ C2E2 is your one way ticket through time with the cast of DC's hit series Legends of Tomorrow. Join Dominic Purcell (Heatwave), Caity Lotz (White Canary) and Brandon Routh (The Atom) as they talk bringing these iconic super heroes to life.

Per Syfy website, you can watch the "DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Cast Interview" live at 3:45pm EST / 2:45pm CST / 12:45pm PST here:
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/c2e2/watch-live-stage-below

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I don’t know why she can’t just praise her character without putting down others. Who gets to decide which other female characters are “great” and “strong”? 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 18
(edited)

What an awful take. 

Can the whole "strong female character" conversation die? No one's ever talking about "strong male characters." Someone being a sucky person doesn't have anything to do with "strength" - no matter how she's measuring it, being physical and/or mental. 

ETA: If she wants Shethority to ever do anything at all, she should probably ditch this garbage opinion. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 21
(edited)

I thought that James Remar was on Black Lightning to be eye candy for me but now that I know that the man quotes  John Donne ... yowza.

Cress Williams talked about a family moment in last week's show.   Was he talking about Jefferson and Anissa eating dinner?  That scene really struck me when compared to the last Barry/Iris scene in The Flash.  In the latter Barry asks why Iris didn't want to keep the meta speed and she replies that The Flash needs to be someone who inspires people (or something like that) and she's happy doing her thing with her blog.  It struck me that Jefferson and Anissa, in spite of being father and daughter, are equal in a way that Barry and Iris have never been.  Jefferson and Anissa fight together, strategize together, recognize the same strength in each other.  Maybe it's because of the way The Flash is written, maybe it's because Barry is a superhero while Iris isn't, but Barry is way up here, and Iris is down below looking up to the amazing person that is Barry.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3