Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

EIGHT THINGS WE LEARNED AT JEREMY RENNER’S ARMAGEDDON EXPO PANELS
APRIL 1, 2018 CARINA NILMA
http://iris.theaureview.com/eight-things-we-learnt-at-jeremy-renners-armageddon-expo-panels/

Armageddon Expo, New Zealand’s largest pop culture convention was held in Wellington over the Easter weekend. Seeing large numbers of fans of film, television, anime, video games and comics converge on Westpac Stadium in Wellington to revel in all things nerdy and geeky. One of the big draw cards for conventions is the film and television guests, and Wellygeddon drew out the big guns securing Hawkeye himself, Jeremy Renner. So here’s the top eight things we learnt from Jeremy Renner’s question and answer panels on Saturday and Sunday.

Who would win between Hawkeye and the Green Arrow?

It’s a bit of an unfair question to ask since Renner is of course going to pick his own character. But it would be an interesting fight to pit Stephen Amell up against Renner. He reveals he did undergo a long period of training to get into Hawkeye character, “I’m pretty good with a bow and arrow, I could kill most of you people here *laughs*” however also readily admits that his form is definitely not one to be replicated should you wish to take up archery properly.
Why was Hawkeye left out of the trailer and poster for Infinity War?

“I don’t make the trailers man!” Renner kept very coy and sassy about his exclusion from the marketing for the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War film. We can all hazard a fairly safe bet that the real reason is because something pretty crucial happens. And even if he’s not in Infinity War, he will show up in Avengers 4: As Yet Untitled.

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, bijoux said:

Is anyone watching Krypton? I watched the pilot and wasn’t exactly impressed. I see the second episode is up on HBO Go, so I guess I’m wondering this - if I haven’t really liked the pilot, is there any chance I’ll feel different about episode 2? 

I'm watching.  I think the second episode was a bit more streamlined.  A little more humor here and there.  Got a few more answers.  I enjoyed Strange more in this episode.  I see potential.  

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

EIGHT THINGS WE LEARNED AT JEREMY RENNER’S ARMAGEDDON EXPO PANELS
APRIL 1, 2018 CARINA NILMA
http://iris.theaureview.com/eight-things-we-learnt-at-jeremy-renners-armageddon-expo-panels/

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Who would win between Hawkeye and the Green Arrow?

It’s a bit of an unfair question to ask since Renner is of course going to pick his own character. But it would be an interesting fight to pit Stephen Amell up against Renner. He reveals he did undergo a long period of training to get into Hawkeye character, “I’m pretty good with a bow and arrow, I could kill most of you people here *laughs*” however also readily admits that his form is definitely not one to be replicated should you wish to take up archery properly.

I won't speak to a fight between Hawkeye and Green Arrow (the answer would lie in whose franchise was sponsoring the fight, lol) but I suspect SA has WAAAAAAAAY more training on the bow and more training at least faux fighting, lol.  

• Love 2

This first interview is great...

Awesome Con 2018 Cress Williams
Published on Mar 31, 2018, by The Nerd Element

Black Lightning's Cress Williams: The Holy Spirit Prepared Me 'Every Step of the Way'
Published on Apr 1, 2018, by Tyler O'Neil

• Love 1
(edited)

April Fool's Day joke (this actually sounds interesting)...

The CW to Combine “Supergirl” and “Legends of Tomorrow”
April 1, 2018
https://www.supermanhomepage.com/the-cw-to-combine-supergirl-and-legends-of-tomorrow/

Back in February “Supergirl” took an unprecedented nine-week hiatus, with “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” occupying the Monday time slot until April 9, at which point “Supergirl” will return with new episodes on April 16 and run continuously right through to Monday, June 18 when the Season 3 finale will air.

The reason no “Supergirl” Season 4 announcement has been forthcoming is due to the fact that The CW is set to announce that “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” will merge into one show titled “Supergirl and the Legends”.

It’s unclear how the dynamic of the show will work, but it’s understood that Kara will take on a dual leadership role of the Legends alongside Sara Lance as the Legends head back in time to Krypton to explore what happened to her home planet just before it exploded.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Not surprising, especially once LOT announced Matt Ryan joining as a regular, *if* they were renewed it was basically a confirmation that all 4 would be. I guess this will definitely be final seasons for JTV and CEG. Even with Sunday opening up and probably a lot of shows having shorter seasons, the CW still have a lot of pilots on the go so I would imagine the 4 not renewed are in definite trouble, unless a lot of their pilots are awful. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Other media reporting on The CW renewals...

The CW Renews 10 Series: ‘Riverdale’, All 5 DC Shows, ‘Supernatural’, ‘Dynasty’, ‘Jane the Virgin’ & ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’
by Nellie Andreeva •  April 2, 2018 11:17am
http://deadline.com/2018/04/the-cw-renewal-10-series-riverdale-all-5-dc-shows-supernatural-dynasty-jane-the-virgin-crazy-ex-girlfriend-1202356900/

The CW renews Supernatural, Arrow, Supergirl, Riverdale, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS April 02, 2018 AT 02:15 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/02/cw-renewals-2018-2019/

Edited by tv echo

From the Deadline article:

The CW has more real estate to play with next season as it is reclaiming Sunday night for original programming but it also ordered the most pilots ever.

The network is expected to play with the sizes of the orders more than ever next season. It already does limited runs for a number of series including DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The 100, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as well as Jane the Virgin this season. The list may grow bigger next season and include more DC shows I hear.

I think there was no doubt that all five Berlantiverse shows were getting picked up. I knew they would and they were just waiting to start to figure out the new Sunday-Friday schedule. 

I am surprised about Dynasty's pick-up, but I guess either the network wants a couple of their shows to not be supernatural/superhero-based, or Dynasty is doing well overseas. Also, I suspect after last season's horrendous pilot season where only Riverdale managed to snag a second full season, they probably didn't want to just renew Black Lightning. 

I imagine a lot of their shows are going to be 13-18 episodes as well. But they ordered the most pilots this season than they ever have, so it's going to be pick and choose for the network on which ones they want. 

The network is expected to play with the sizes of the orders more than ever next season. It already does limited runs for a number of series including DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The 100, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as well as Jane the Virgin this season. The list may grow bigger next season and include more DC shows I hear.

This particular bolded line is actually something I don't want. I think five DC shows are enough for this network. I know they already have CW Seed, which is great for their animated shows, but I don't need The CW to turn into The DC Network. Plus, the more DC shows that pop up, the more I imagine people will demand for crossovers, and I'm good with the shows that we already have. Also, there are some pilots that I actually want to be picked up, and none of them are DC-related. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

This particular bolded line is actually something I don't want. I think five DC shows are enough for this network. I know they already have CW Seed, which is great for their animated shows, but I don't need The CW to turn into The DC Network. Plus, the more DC shows that pop up, the more I imagine people will demand for crossovers, and I'm good with the shows that we already have. Also, there are some pilots that I actually want to be picked up, and none of them are DC-related. 

I think they’re talking about limiting the runs of the existing DC shows, not adding more. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

This particular bolded line is actually something I don't want. I think five DC shows are enough for this network

I took that to mean that more of the DC shows will get limited orders, not that there will be more DC shows.

ETA: Jinx (x2)! Sorry!  Didn't mean to pile on - lol.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I highly doubt they'd give the Flash a short season order. But I could see them going that way with Supergirl and Arrow. Just because MG always talks about how much he'd prefer a shorter season.

Also just because they ordered all those pilots doesn't mean they will pick up all of them. Apart from Black Lightning, which isn't the biggest hit either, all the pilots were not really successful. (Even though they picked up Dynasty.)

Edited by Belinea
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I took that to mean that more of the DC shows will get limited orders, not that there will be more DC shows.

ETA: Jinx (x2)! Sorry!  Didn't mean to pile on - lol.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think they’re talking about limiting the runs of the existing DC shows, not adding more. 

ROFL, ok, I kept re-reading that particular line and I was confused on why they might pick up more DC shows, so thank you both for the clarification!

(edited)

I can see them cutting Supergirl and Black Lightening might stay at a smaller count instead of going to 23.

Not sure about Flash or Arrow or even SPN but, who knows?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can see them cutting Supergirl and Black Lightening might stay at a smaller count instead of going to 23.

Not sure about Flash or Arrow or even SPN but, who knows?

My prediction? Black Lightning will stay at 13 episodes, Supergirl will drop to either 16 or 18 episodes (the latter like Legends' episode count), and The Flash/Arrow will stay at 23. One of the shows could move to Sundays, and I do think that could be Arrow or Supergirl. Legends is probably the most flexible, as they've moved that show several times now and ratings have been ok. I'm just unsure if they'll want one Sunday show to stay on the entire season (so either Supernatural or Arrow), or they'll want to have four shorter shows on Sundays (two 13 episodes and then another two 13 episodes). I suspect the former, so that's why I think Arrow has a higher chance of getting a full season but being moved to Sundays, to headline the week. 

• Love 3

My guess on limited runs for any DC shows would also be Black Lightning, Supergirl, and Legends. I would think Flash/Arrow would stay at 23, but are they considering making all of their shows shorter now?

(edited)

I could see them potentially doing limited series of any of the DC shows, except for The Flash.  But it might depend on how excited they are about their pilots and how many timeslots they end up needing to have to fill.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

I am surprised that JtV never got a 13 episode count like CEx-GF. I could see them doing that this year and then that allows them to air 4 shows on Friday. But I think they will definitely keep at least 4-5 shows full time at 23 episodes while all the other shows go to 13-15 episodes.

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am surprised that JtV never got a 13 episode count like CEx-GF. I could see them doing that this year and then that allows them to air 4 shows on Friday. But I think they will definitely keep at least 4-5 shows full time at 23 episodes while all the other shows go to 13-15 episodes.

JtV did drop down from the full season order to 18 this season.  

The reason no “Supergirl” Season 4 announcement has been forthcoming is due to the fact that The CW is set to announce that “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” will merge into one show titled “Supergirl and the Legends”.

It’s unclear how the dynamic of the show will work, but it’s understood that Kara will take on a dual leadership role of the Legends alongside Sara Lance as the Legends head back in time to Krypton to explore what happened to her home planet just before it exploded

This April Fools joke sounds like they combined Supergirl, LoT and Krypton, lol.  Now that would have been a fun show. Let the Legends run amuck on the very stodgy Krypton.  

Arrow portion is quoted in the Spoilers thread...

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 9-1-1, Arrow, Riverdale, Stranger Things, Fear TWD, Empire, Once, Scandal and More
By Michael Ausiello / April 2 2018, 12:20 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/02/lauren-graham-peter-krause-911-season-2-spoilers-cast/

Question: I’m really looking forward to seeing more of Jeremy Jordan on Supergirl. What can you tease about the Winn-centric episode? —Jen
Ausiello
: The CW series’ midseason premiere (airing Monday, April 16) features “Dame Laurie Metcalf” (as Winn’s mother) as well as some “phenomenal” flying monkeys, exec producer Jessica Queller raved during our visit to the set. “It’s one of my favorite episodes of the season,” she added, “a showcase for Winn, about his father and his mother and that backstory.” It also boasts “something we in the writers room like to call ‘Kara-oke’ — a karaoke bar scene that bookends the episode, with all of our amazing actors who happen to have amazing voices singing” — including, yes, Chyler Leigh, who missed out on last year’s musical ep.

• Love 2

Lol.....

Spoiler Fiend Tom Holland's Hilarious Response to 'Avengers: Infinity War' Directors' Letter

The key to keeping a big film's spoilers a secret is apparently making sure Tom Holland is under control. 

Holland, the star of Spider-Man: Homecoming and Avengers: Infinity War, is known to have trouble keeping secrets. During the press tour for Homecoming last summer, all of the actor's co-stars called him out for being horrible at keeping secrets.

Luckily, Holland knows all about his shortcomings, and he made light of his spoiler issues after directors Joe and Anthony Russo shared a letter to fans, asking them not to leak any information about the movie if they see some scenes ahead of time.

IMG_3106.PNG

• Love 5

Unrounded CW finals for last week from RJK at SpottedRatings:

CW
Supernatural ..................... 0.728
Black Lightning ................. 0.497
Legends of Tomorrow ...... 0.420
Arrow ................................ 0.375
Riverdale .......................... 0.344
iZombie ............................ 0.224
Dynasty ............................ 0.202
Life Sentence ................... 0.120

I guess Sara finally gets a series long term girlfriend. Im still bitter we didnt see that much of her relationship with Nyssa.

And this pretty much lays any theory that KC may go to legends, surely they wouldn't have 3 blondes on the show, especially when all 3 would end up looking like sisters.

• Love 1

I've been expecting this for a long time, so I'm not surprised. And I don't really mind it - I'm coming to quite like Ava herself, even if I still am not really feeling the AvaLance relationship.  

And yes, this does relieve my mind a bit that KC will not be moving over.  I've honestly been bracing myself for that.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Casting amuses me.  So now not only do Oliver and McGee (NCIS) share a father through Jamey Sheridan, Winn and Sheldon (TBBT) share a mother too.

With both characters named Mary. 

27 minutes ago, Trini said:

So will there be another castmember leaving Legends?

Amaya or Nate I'm guessing.   Though I suppose Zari could always decide to go fix her timeline. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Trini said:

So will there be another castmember leaving Legends?

People have speculated that Amaya and possibly Nate will be leaving. It's not confirmed, but the entire season has been building up to Amaya's potential departure from the team. I don't know if they're going to get rid of anyone by the end of this season. They might, but they already lost two team members this season. Even though they're adding Constantine and possibly Ava (or she might just stick to the Time Bureau), they may not want to get rid of two more team members...unless they have plans to bring on certain DC characters. 

• Love 1

Zari still has more story left in her so I dont see her going anywhere. Plus they still have to change her future which if Amaya's past stays put that is a whole lot of changing they are doing. 

But since this season has kind of doubled as a Origin/Prequel story for Amaya/Mari/Vixen this is probably the best time to get rid of her if they were thinking of it. Nate doesnt do anything for me on any level so he can go.

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

And yes, this does relieve my mind a bit that KC will not be moving over.  I've honestly been bracing myself for that.

I see the possibility for this get raised and I honestly don't think it would ever happen. I just don't think KC herself would be interested. Not a dis on LOT, but I think KC wants to stick with the mothership, so to speak. With LOT, she'll clearly be part of an ensemble while on Arrow, she can still maneuver herself right next to Amell in every SDCC photo and maybe pretend LOLiver is still gonna happen.

• Love 11
(edited)

KC mentioned CL and LoT at her con panel on Sunday, April 1 (fyi, transcriptions from rest of panel are on page 678 of Social Media thread)...

Dutch Comic Con 2018- Katie Cassidy (Arrow, The Flash) panel Sunday
Published on Apr 3, 2018, by Conmose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtBw1VSL4M

-- On whether Sara and Earth-2 Laurel will ever meet, KC: "Interesting. I've actually brought this up to our showrunner, Marc Guggenheim, because when I was doing research and back story for Black Siren, I specifically asked, 'Is there a world on which Black Siren will meet Sara and/or Laurel Earth-1? And if so, what does that look like?' And he just said, 'Interesting.' Dot, dot, dot. So, I feel like that's more like, stay tuned, and we'll see how that turns out. (Laughs) So I definitely think there's a world in which they play that out, and we'll see what happens. It'd be pretty crazy."

-- On what it's like to work alongside Caity Lotz, KC: "She is awesome. She's awesome. We were actually - we're so lucky. You know, I started with the pilot and then learning that they were bringing my sister back was great. But, you know, as an actor, you never really know, you know, where, who you're going to end up having to spend 90% of your time with. But we were really, really fortunate. Our cast - not only are they really good actors, but they are incredibly good people. And Caity Lotz is a huge testament to that. So is Danielle Panabaker. Everyone has been - you know, especially for the females - like I said, Shethority, that's where it all comes from. We support one another and stand up for one another, and I think that's really important. And she's a badass chick... and I'm proud of her, honestly."

-- On whether she'd ever want to travel with the Legends, KC: "Yeah! That sounds awesome... I want to travel the world. In all times."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

That seems like the same answer that's always given to that question. They bring up BS and Sara meeting and the producers say "interesting...." and that's it. They never seem really excited about it. I think Sara will meet Black Siren when she shows up for the Arrow finale. 

• Love 2
(edited)

May or may not be relevant to the Arrowverse...

May Sweeps Scorecard 2018: Deaths, Breakups, Weddings, Firings, Sex, Resurrections, Lost Homages and More!
By Michael Ausiello / April 3 2018, 3:34 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/03/may-sweeps-scorecard-2018-spoilers-deaths-weddings/

♦ Keep in mind that most of the entries pertain to series regulars or recurring characters, all on shows that air on a broadcast network (i.e. ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW).

♦ Also keep in mind that, as the plots twist and information leaks, we’ll be updating the Scorecard (and re-updating it… and RE-re-updating it) with additional entries. And then once Sweeps commences, we’ll be revealing the identities of the individuals behind the (SPOILER) tags (but only after the twists play out on air). In other words, bookmark this page now.

Lastly, keep in mind that, if it’s on the Scorecard, it occurs during May Sweeps, which this year begins Thursday, April 26 and ends Wednesday, May 23.
Number of characters giving birth: 2
Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 5
Number of new pregnancies: 2
Number of weddings: 2
Number of couples reuniting: 4
Number of fatalities: 19
Number of breakups/divorces: 3
Number of possible fatalities*: 9
* Applies to characters whose fate is left up in the air at the end of the season finale
Number of characters leaving town: 8
Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 5
Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 14
Number of engagements/question poppings: 2
Number of time warps/jump: 1
Number of game-changing reveals involving an iconic Lost-esque set piece: 1

Edited by tv echo

Argggghh I so wish for my Olicitot but this list covers ALL the networks! Could be anyone! I mean people were even speculating about a fourth child on Fresh off the Boat (gawd I hope not!!!!) so it's unlikely it's an Olicitot.

Tbh I think it would be closer for FitzSimmons and WestAllen to be the pregnancies (if we're just counting random comic shows and not just regular network shows which actually adds a whole lot of possibilities that you could come up with off hand) than Olicity from set up so far.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd be ok with Felicity having a baby in a flash forward (years into the future) at any point in the show, but I don't want it in present day. They have enough trouble writing for her. Even though I don't really watch Flash, I feel the same way about Iris. I don't want her pregnant in present day, because that will just be another way to sideline her. If these shows had better writers I wouldn't care, but they all suck writing for women as it is.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I'd be ok with Felicity having a baby in a flash forward (years into the future) at any point in the show, but I don't want it in present day. 

Yeah, I want her company to be her baby right now.

• Love 7